John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Well, not much on the shippiness in M&MM. But at least we know Teyla digs military personnel! Overall it was a pretty good ep though. I like Kate, plays off her brother great. Next week looks like more fun. I personally like the more action packed, off world eps. More J/T time.
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jodi518
      What did John say at the end of tonights episode where Teyla kicked him
      Spoiler:
      That she had the hots for one of the new marines.

Comment

Thanks you very much

Comment

It was super funny...she kicked and play hit him for it!
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I know i cant wait for next week, im so excited!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners
              Spoiler:
              That she had the hots for one of the new marines.

Spoiler:
              OO can't wait to see that! I think I sense some jealousy lol!

Whooo whoo season 3 starts in Canada on Monday!!
              Made By Snogging Piccard- Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by green_eyed_lady

Whooo whoo season 3 starts in Canada on Monday!!
                Yay for yall in Canada! It's been really good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
                  It was super funny...she kicked and play hit him for it!

My brother and I were totally laughing our heads off at that part lol can't wait till next weeks episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheylafan87
                    Where did u hear that from?
                    i posted the link for the youtube thing previously....
                    gah everyone is making it seem like it is a big thing...it is just like any other ep finishing...anyway...cant stop a rumour once it has spread
                    -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
                      gah everyone is making it seem like it is a big thing...it is just like any other ep finishing...anyway...cant stop a rumour once it has spread
                      LOL, I thought the same as well! I thought it was such a cute little moment with Paul though, thank you so much for sharing it!!!!
                      Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

I'm too lazy to retype this, so I'm copying and pasting what I just sent to STF, lol. McKay and Mrs. Miller:

Spoiler:
                        It was nice! Not my favorite ep by any means as once again, a little too one character-centric for my taste, but I think they did a pretty good job overall balancing the Rodney scenes with team scenes, so it wasn't so over the top with Rodney like some of the other character-centric eps have been. The balance with the team reminded me of Sateda, how even though it was character-centric, it still had a taste of a team ep at least!

Some of my initial thoughts:
                        *Rodney and Jeanie were so cute! It got a bit long and boring for me at times, but the humor definitely helped. Did anyone else noticed the slip with him calling her Kate instead of Jeanie? LOL!
                        *Rodney's real name of Meredith and all the subsequent teasing! Very funny!
                        *The shots of John playing golf and talking to Rodney in his room. I love when they show them about their daily lives!
                        *The shots of John, Teyla, and Ronon eating together, like it's a common thing for them to do. They were sure laughing LOUD! John's laugh was kind of weird, lol.
                        *Rodney's overprotectiveness of his sister when he first introduces her to John. "She married and she's my sister." Like back off! Even though John didn't do anything! And then bringing up his kirking again. John's face was hilarious there!
                        *John showing Jeanie Rodney's video letter to her from Letters From Pegasus. Love the continuity as well as seeing the intuitive side of John! He knew what was wrong with Rodney during their talk in his room and he knew what Jeanie needed to see in order to understand and break the gap between them.
                        *The ending, of course, was my favorite scene in this ep! Love, love, love seeing the team bonding! When Rodney asks what was new, and John teasingly says, "Well, Teyla's got the hots for one of the new marines." She looks at him and kicks his leg under the table as she immediately protests, "That is not true!" I LOVE the intense stare between them as he says "Ow," and they stare at each other, not even looking at Ronon as he joins the teasing and says, "You know it's true." It's a very short moment and almost easy to miss since the camera is on a wide shot, but if you watch it, it's a rather intense stare between them, almost like a teasing, flirty challenge, with raised eyebrows and John going "Ohhh" in a laughing voice after her protest. When Rodney joins in and says "Hardly new either," then they break eye contact and look away chuckling. I don't know if I can explain that look but I've seen it so many times between couples when they're in that "in between" stage and kind of feeling each other out. He was teasing her, but also kind of testing her reaction in a way as well. That makes for some great fic possibilities for all the things that could be behind that teasing moment! But anyway, love seeing the more relaxed side of the team together and especially with John and Teyla. We don't get to see them teasing each other very often, and I just love that she kicked him! LOL!

Phantoms looks so good! I absolutely love team eps and this looks like a great one! Pathetic person that I am, I had to watch the previews in slow motion and noticed that in that shot of John pointing the gun with a kind of crazed look on his face at the very end (the one right after the shot of Teyla laying on the ground, shouting, "Don't shoot, it's us!"), Teyla is in the background behind him and it looks like she's sitting down or leaning against something. I am TOTALLY guessing here, so could be completely wrong, but I'm wondering if it will end up being John and Teyla pitted against Ronon, with John and Ronon being the affected ones and Teyla being perhaps injured somehow in the mayhem. (Since she was sweating profusely and sitting on the ground---I think! Really hard to tell! And since she yells US when she's saying not to shoot, so she's not alone). But anyway, only another week to go before we get to see it! Regardless of whatever happens with J/T in this ep, it looks like an awesome team ep!

Comment

Originally posted by spirited Chihiro
                          You're right, you can't. But you aren't responsible for it either. Under any other circumstance, it probably wouldn't have caused such a stir. It's only because everyone's on edge since there is already the other rumors being spread around. If it was a big deal, Paul probably wouldn't have made light of the situation, or probably shared it so openly for that matter. Thank you again for sharing the video. It was very nice of you.

Anywho...I'm looking for some J/T sites...doing a little project. Need some material. Are their any good ones out there? Google doesn't seem to think so. So I thought I'd ask the people that probably know best. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers
                            I'm too lazy to retype this, so I'm copying and pasting what I just sent to STF, lol. McKay and Mrs. Miller:

Spoiler:
                            It was nice! Not my favorite ep by any means as once again, a little too one character-centric for my taste, but I think they did a pretty good job overall balancing the Rodney scenes with team scenes, so it wasn't so over the top with Rodney like some of the other character-centric eps have been. The balance with the team reminded me of Sateda, how even though it was character-centric, it still had a taste of a team ep at least!

Some of my initial thoughts:
                            *Rodney and Jeanie were so cute! It got a bit long and boring for me at times, but the humor definitely helped. Did anyone else noticed the slip with him calling her Kate instead of Jeanie? LOL!
                            *Rodney's real name of Meredith and all the subsequent teasing! Very funny!
                            *The shots of John playing golf and talking to Rodney in his room. I love when they show them about their daily lives!
                            *The shots of John, Teyla, and Ronon eating together, like it's a common thing for them to do. They were sure laughing LOUD! John's laugh was kind of weird, lol.
                            *Rodney's overprotectiveness of his sister when he first introduces her to John. "She married and she's my sister." Like back off! Even though John didn't do anything! And then bringing up his kirking again. John's face was hilarious there!
                            *John showing Jeanie Rodney's video letter to her from Letters From Pegasus. Love the continuity as well as seeing the intuitive side of John! He knew what was wrong with Rodney during their talk in his room and he knew what Jeanie needed to see in order to understand and break the gap between them.
                            *The ending, of course, was my favorite scene in this ep! Love, love, love seeing the team bonding! When Rodney asks what was new, and John teasingly says, "Well, Teyla's got the hots for one of the new marines." She looks at him and kicks his leg under the table as she immediately protests, "That is not true!" I LOVE the intense stare between them as he says "Ow," and they stare at each other, not even looking at Ronon as he joins the teasing and says, "You know it's true." It's a very short moment and almost easy to miss since the camera is on a wide shot, but if you watch it, it's a rather intense stare between them, almost like a teasing, flirty challenge, with raised eyebrows and John going "Ohhh" in a laughing voice after her protest. When Rodney joins in and says "Hardly new either," then they break eye contact and look away chuckling. I don't know if I can explain that look but I've seen it so many times between couples when they're in that "in between" stage and kind of feeling each other out. He was teasing her, but also kind of testing her reaction in a way as well. That makes for some great fic possibilities for all the things that could be behind that teasing moment! But anyway, love seeing the more relaxed side of the team together and especially with John and Teyla. We don't get to see them teasing each other very often, and I just love that she kicked him! LOL!

Phantoms looks so good! I absolutely love team eps and this looks like a great one! Pathetic person that I am, I had to watch the previews in slow motion and noticed that in that shot of John pointing the gun with a kind of crazed look on his face at the very end (the one right after the shot of Teyla laying on the ground, shouting, "Don't shoot, it's us!"), Teyla is in the background behind him and it looks like she's sitting down or leaning against something. I am TOTALLY guessing here, so could be completely wrong, but I'm wondering if it will end up being John and Teyla pitted against Ronon, with John and Ronon being the affected ones and Teyla being perhaps injured somehow in the mayhem. (Since she was sweating profusely and sitting on the ground---I think! Really hard to tell! And since she yells US when she's saying not to shoot, so she's not alone). But anyway, only another week to go before we get to see it! Regardless of whatever happens with J/T in this ep, it looks like an awesome team ep!
                            thanks for the run down on the ep...and yes that last scene sounds fab!!!
                            i just saw the promo for next week...even if there are no shippy moments it looks excellent!!! and yeah teyla does look a bit worse for wear in that shot where she yells 'Dont shot its us' VERY dramatic!!!! cant wait for next week!
                            -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners

Anywho...I'm looking for some J/T sites...doing a little project. Need some material. Are their any good ones out there? Google doesn't seem to think so. So I thought I'd ask the people that probably know best. Thanks!
                              Click on VB's banner above for the JTC site! It's a GREAT one!
                              Or let's see...here's the link:
                              http://www.john-teyla-convergence.net/

A few others from members that I have bookmarked, mostly LJ's:

http://uniquebond.fan-sites.org/

http://doxymom.livejournal.com/

http://sanssong.ink-and-quill.com/

http://community.livejournal.com/stfever/

http://community.livejournal.com/sga_john_teyla/

http://community.livejournal.com/jt_newsletter/

http://community.livejournal.com/sheyla_/

http://community.livejournal.com/teylafen/

http://tielan.livejournal.com/

And I'm sure you know this, but it makes me feel better to say it, so humor me. Please make sure to always ask for permission before using material from other sites or creators!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to add!!! Tonight's ep was the first time this season we FINALLY get to see John without his jacket on!!! Yay to the jacket coming off and some yummy t-shirt and bare arm shots again, hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X