Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    I haven't seen it, but I have his clips from the movie and it's only about 5 minutes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...oolProof17.jpg

Interestingly, he's a bond manager (ooh, it would have been weird if he was a derivitives trader).
    Ohhh, so it's this movie that had him in glasses! I've ordered it from my trusted DVD store because it's only $13 here but I was curious about it. Hmm, guess you will be able to tune in this month? Well, since Hans said that it's ok then I've no regrets about buying it!

I love those Grant pics but the last one... holy cow, his hair is so short! And I can't decide if it's grey or blondish brown...

Regarding David's name, I've never heard him refer to himself as any other name but David or Hewlett. Certainly at the con when we had 2 Davids, they were both Davids, no Daves. But speaking from experience, I do call a lot of my males friends with first names Davids, as Dave and I do get called by my last name affectionately by colleagues.

Anyway, here are some more caps from Traders:
    Grant has a drink (or a couple!)

And Grant in the supply closet!

Good night,
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      I don't suppose any of the Uk members of the thunk thread are still up for a possible get together sometime in the summer? I know I won't be affording any more conventions this year unless I'm really lucky, but it'd certainly be possible, and nice, to travel for a meetup and watching of many DVD's etc.
      I am coming over to the UK for all of July and August for a holiday and would love to meet up with any fellow thunkers!! I am goin to be at Gatecon as it was during the holidays I had already booked, and because it is in Cheltenham which is where my dad was born and raised! (My excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!)

Mahlia
      Mahlia Belonn

Comment

Originally posted by MahliaBelonn
        I am coming over to the UK for all of July and August for a holiday and would love to meet up with any fellow thunkers!! I am goin to be at Gatecon as it was during the holidays I had already booked, and because it is in Cheltenham which is where my dad was born and raised! (My excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it!)

Mahlia
        Would be lovely to meet you. We'll have to see where and when is convenient for everyone but July or August does seem a likely time to have a meetup. I know for one I couldn't manage anything in June (or early July at least, because I'll either be camping out at my parents or moving house...).

I really wanted to go to Gatecon but can't afford to. I was amused when the first dates for it came out because if I'd gone to it (and the date hadn't changed of course) it would have been on my 21st birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
          Ohhh, so it's this movie that had him in glasses! I've ordered it from my trusted DVD store because it's only $13 here but I was curious about it. Hmm, guess you will be able to tune in this month?
          It's on Showtime, which is a premium pay-for cable station. I don't get this channel, so I won't be seeing it there.

Originally posted by mcalex22
          I love those Grant pics but the last one... holy cow, his hair is so short! And I can't decide if it's grey or blondish brown...
          It's blondish brown. Even now, David's eyebrows look lighter than the hair on his head.

Do we need spoilers for Traders? Well, better safe than sorry.

I think Grant had his hair cut so short
          Spoiler:
          as a tribute to Jack, since Jack had his hair short. At first I thought the hospital did it, kinda making it look like he got shock treatments. But I don't think that's it. Grant's short hair was a stark reminder of the upheaval in his life.

Grant's voice was really different when he spoke to Sally the first day he was back. All tight and angry, despite him saying his anger was controlled because of the drugs he was taking.

Grant is not happy.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
            Thanks for your interest. I'll have to come up with a plot. I rewrote that first scene and put it in my Live Journal
            http://hatusu.livejournal.com/20055.html
            wow thanks! But no pressure on the second part and only as time and inspiration permit.

random pic:

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
              wow thanks! But no pressure on the second part and only as time and inspiration permit. ...
              Whatever happens, it'll be your fault.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                Whatever happens, it'll be your fault.
                lol, then I take full responsibility. (oh no, what have I gotten myself into?! )

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Hey ho - need a bit of gorgeousness so here he is!!

Wow - now that hits the spot!!

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD
                  Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                  So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                    Hey ho - need a bit of gorgeousness so here he is!!

Mx, great pics. Yes, definitely hits the spot. I like this one
                    http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../Epiphany2.jpg

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Oh yes!! He looks like he is just about to say something snarky doesn't he! I think he was actually as it is at the end of Epiphany with the Kirk thingy quote!

You know I always seem to go for the ones where he isn't smiling! I love that sexy, sultry smouldering look he has!

*ahem*

*fans self briskly*

Is it suddenly hot in here?!

Mx
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Oh yes!! He looks like he is just about to say something snarky doesn't he! I think he was actually as it is at the end of Epiphany with the Kirk thingy quote!
                        that or (spoilers just in case)
                        Spoiler:
                        the bit about leaving the zpm on the planet, much to his disapointmnet. I think the line was "Sure, absolutely!" only as McKay can say it!

You know I always seem to go for the ones where he isn't smiling! I love that sexy, sultry smouldering look he has!
                        yes! like this one

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
                          In that one he looks a bit 'pissed' to me to quote the phrase used on Atlantis! It always makes me roll about laughing when they use that on the show because to us in the UK 'pissed' is a rude way of saying drunk!! Our expression to show someone is really fed up is 'pissed off'!! I have visions of everyone on Atlantis rolling around half cut all the time!

Going off at a tangent now - does anyone know the name of the ep that has Rodney standing on the balcony shooting his finger like a gun and winking? It must be one I don't watch very often because I just cannot remember where it is from! I should like to get a cap of that myself!

Thanks!

Mx
                          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Going off at a tangent now - does anyone know the name of the ep that has Rodney standing on the balcony shooting his finger like a gun and winking?
                            I guess that's 'Critical Mass', when he 'says goodbye' to Radek.

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                              I guess that's 'Critical Mass', when he 'says goodbye' to Radek.

Bye, A.
                              Oh thanks Arlessiar!!

That would make sense as I don't watch that ep very often!

Am off to find that cap now!

Hope you had a good day - we had a bank holiday here so no work today (yippee!)

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Am off to find that cap now!
                                This one?

Hope you had a good day - we had a bank holiday here
                                We had a public holiday today, too.
                                And yes, I had a good day, so good that I'm too tired now to answer to some things on the thread, my mind is busy with other things. Will write a longer post later, need to sleep now.

I'm sure I'll have sweet dreams since you posted my favourite Rodney pic! Dreamy!Rodney, my personal Rodney clone!

Bye, A.
                                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X