No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmmmmmmmmm season 1 or season 2 rodney i dont know really thats a tough one! i like them both!

how about sga rodney or sg1 rodney?

i have to admit i never liked the character when he was in sg1 but then when he was in atlantis i found him different he didnt seem to be as mean as he was in sg1 LOL it was hide and seek/38 minutes that sold me on him being my favourite character

which episode sold everyone else on his character?

Comment

FALSE HOPE! You're here again! Good to see you, girl! I read your LJ from time to time and knew that life wasn't/isn't easy for you at the moment. It's very understandable that you couldn't thunk here, but I'm glad to see you again now!
      And Kiss and Lick are back, yeah!

Rose - congrats on 3400 posts!
      Yes, I'm bad, still no mail....sorry!!! I wasn't at home today and now my family wants to spend time with me... I'm bad, I know...
      Good to see that you're well though. And going to vote now.

Originally posted by Abydonian Princess
      I find it really, really sad to see these halarious, fun and totaly cool characters/thunkers/institutions slip away, I can completely understand and respect how they feel, If they do decide to stop by less often.
      Yes it's sad that some people (have to) leave, I'll miss watcher652, and I already miss some other people who used to post here a lot, too.
      I said a few posts ago that I'll have to cut back on posting here, but I surely won't vanish (I wouldn't be able to! ). I guess I'll really just post a little less than at the moment. I don't want to, but some people in real life pointed out that I spend too much time here and neglect other, more important things, and I guess they're not completely wrong...

And, like Alex said, the forum is also a strange place lately. Competition, misunderstandings, condescension... I can avoid these things if I stick to this thread here, but sometimes I just want to take a look at the rest of the forum, but that's often very tiring...
      Actually I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she was a Punk in her younger days
      She was. Rachel Luttrell mentioned it in an interview.

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      We all know what David was in his youth...gorgeous!
      Yup!

One more pic and then I'm off again:

Bye, A.
      ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
      ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Nice to see you here False Hope, I know you've had/having a hard time at the moment so it's really nice to see you back here. I know that RL can sometimes take people away from here so it's always nice to have them pop back in every now and then because everyone is a part of this thread

Now, on the subject of young, rebellious David.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerific
          hmmmmmmmmmm season 1 or season 2 rodney i dont know really thats a tough one! i like them both!

how about sga rodney or sg1 rodney?

i have to admit i never liked the character when he was in sg1 but then when he was in atlantis i found him different he didnt seem to be as mean as he was in sg1 LOL it was hide and seek/38 minutes that sold me on him being my favourite character

which episode sold everyone else on his character?
          I have been pondering this the last few days, I really loved Rodney in SG-1, although I understand he couldn't remain like that as an on-going character in SGA, I still think he had a more charming *creepy* persona in SG-1 that he lacks now in SGA. He was often smiling *OK grinning like a mad man* in SG-1 but hardly ever in SGA, which to me is odd given he is now making friends with these people so why isn't he shown more at ease around them?

I still love the snarky side to his character but it is not always played out as well as it could be IMO, and it can leave him looking and sounding like a real jerk.

TPTB can't seem to decide if they want him as comic relief or as serious scientist, or a strange mixture of the two, which IMO doesn't really work, again he comes off more as the jerk than as the serious scientist.

So I guess I like SGA - Season one Rodney better; but SG-1 Rodney was always my fave and Redemption was the episode that sold me. Nothing however comes close to the clips of him from Letter from Pegasus, that was just brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            Rose - congrats on 3400 posts!
            Yes, I'm bad, still no mail....sorry!!! I wasn't at home today and now my family wants to spend time with me... I'm bad, I know...
            Oh that's right bring up my post count again!! OK I have no life everyone already knows that, move along nothing to see here.

Arlessiar, I understand, it's alright I know what families are like always wanting things from you, like spending time with you. How inconsiderate of them.

Just reminding peeps in the US that the SciFi channel is screening Dr Who!! Yes!!! Go and watch it, it is fun.

Hey S.G.C ^ double Thunk.

Ooh that is almost a Whump piccie.

Comment

Just reminding peeps in the US that the SciFi channel is screening Dr Who!! Yes!!! Go and watch it, it is fun.
              AHH! I knew there was something very important happening today... other than the wearin' o' the green.... even though I'm not even close to being Irish, not even on St. Patrick's Day. Can't wait to see it. I suppose I could do the rest of "I'm with genius" RodneyBear during the commercials.

Rodney's excited too...

ETA: Also... picked up on the Rodney Hands LJ Mood theme project again. Here's a few selections so far (that have yet to be resized):
              Flirty: Scared: Tired:
              Last edited by strivaria; 17 March 2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I'd say I like Season 1 Rodney better too. To me it felt like they knew where they were going with the character. He was a lovable jerk and for some reason I found that entertaining...

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Evening all!

Went to a quiz night tonight at my son's rugby club and Rodney would be proud as we came second out of 11 teams! We were an all ladies team and we beat our husbands who came 7th so we are really going to rub it in! We even beat them on the sport round! (sorry that was OT!)

Anyway wanted to say hi to everyone who is new, old or returning and let you all know how much I have enjoyed posting here with you all. I haven't been here very long and I remember the first time I took up the courage to come out of lurkdom! Everyone was very welcoming and forgiving of my newbie mistakes and in no time at all I felt right at home. You feel part of something here and are accepted for who you are, with others who share a common interest. It is really nice to belong

For me over the last few days it has not felt the same and I am sad about that I have always enjoyed the banter and fun we have here and of course the lovely discussions we have about David/Rodney and the very fine caps we all share with each other It is a shame that not everyone is happy here and I am genuinely sorry if that is the case. I am sure no-one here wants to make people feel uncomfortable but as this is a thunk thread the discussion is more often than not going to be about how lovely DH is and how we all admire his good looks.

I think that this can become very addictive and I agree 100% with Arlessiar that there must come a time when you have to pull back a bit or you get to the point where you do this to the exclusion of all else and that can be a bit worrying I think I have got to that comfortable place now where I don't feel I have to post all the time to belong - if I am busy for a few days the thread will be here when I return and of course it is fun to catch up on all the posts!

So I'm going to try to do a bit less too, not sure if I'll succeed or not but you can't knock a girl for trying

Wow - I waffled on there a bit (sorry!)

Here's a cap to say goodnight and see you soon!

Night!

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD
                  Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                  So he just looks crazy

Comment

Hey all, thought I’d pop in and say hi (long time lurker here in the GateWorld forum, first time poster.) I didn’t like McKay at all until Atlantis and it wasn’t until season 2 that he was my fav character on the show. I think I like season one Rodney a bit more than season 2.

Regarding the episode Redemption: I’ve always thought it interesting that we learn so much about Rodney’s past (wanted to be a concert pianist, teacher squashed his dream so he turns to science instead, parents had issues, lousy childhood, etc) in one scene and he wasn’t even a regular character back then.

For those who celebrate: Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

~pavane

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I have to admit: Rodney bugged the crap out of me in SG-1. The first time we met him and he kept calling Carter a "dumb blond" was a little much for me. I was liking him better in Redemption, but I loved him in Atlantis. I love him in both seasons. Even now in season 2 Rodney is giving life to that old saying "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". Even as I type I'm watching "The Lost Boys" and that poor guy is going through a lot.

But Rondey has definately become something of a comic relief which is definatly a bummer and I really hope they find a way to bring back a little of season 1 Rodney when he was still bouncy and excited and smiling--I miss the smiling.
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/ironicfox/dhfile7.jpg

Hey S.G.C ^ double Thunk.
                        Thanks Rose

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                        I think that this can become very addictive and I agree 100% with Arlessiar that there must come a time when you have to pull back a bit or you get to the point where you do this to the exclusion of all else and that can be a bit worrying I think I have got to that comfortable place now where I don't feel I have to post all the time to belong - if I am busy for a few days the thread will be here when I return and of course it is fun to catch up on all the posts!
                        Couldn't agree with you more, which is whyaround 4 weeks time I will be on holiday!! Although I will miss the thunking and all the people who I have become firends with, I feel that I need some time away from GateWorld and not being able to acess the internet for a while should help me

More Double Thunk

Comment

Since the forum was down last night when I went to post this..... I finished RodneyBear's uniform. All I have left to attempt is a working (well, at least the light part) personal shield. Still working on the shorts for "I'm with genius" RodneyBear.

Original:

RodneyBear:

Comment

I bet David Hewlett's glad he's got me back

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *insert evil smile*

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I luv that teddy pic strivaria!
                              As for the other stuff well, I wouldn't want to post here if we couldn't talk off-topic now and again, if we couldn't make silly and sometimes just plain bizarre posts *Hello Mg* one of the things I loved about this thread when I joined GW was how odd and funny it was compared to the others, oh and the pics of the hot guy...what's his name...um David Hewlett.
                              Bizzarre posts? What bizzare posts?! *whistles innocently*

Hey Mg, nice to see you in here even if you posted that dam cap again. You know the one young lady. OMG! You are not famous? I would say infamous myself. Love the Goth manip btw, very nice and yeah I remember reading Torri use be a 'punk' or a 'goth' in her youth.
                              They're moshers not goths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                                I bet David Hewlett's glad he's got me back
                                LOL, I'm sure he appreciates all his thunkers... even the... special ones. Welcome back MG!

Comment

Working...
                                X