Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaharaGate

::sigh:: That's my favorite. I'm rather curious to know if he got his ears pierced for this role or if those are clip earrings.

Comment

::sigh:: That's my favorite. I'm rather curious to know if he got his ears pierced for this role or if those are clip earrings.
      I think he actually had pierced ears when he was younger. He was wearing 2 earrings in The Dark Side, Black Death and The Boys of St Vincent (where that rather nice picture came from )

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Jen
        I think he actually had pierced ears when he was younger. He was wearing 2 earrings in The Dark Side, Black Death and The Boys of St Vincent (where that rather nice picture came from )
        That last one is from The Boys of St Vincent? Ok, gotta get that one, too. Not that I wasn't, but now I'll just move that up higher on my list.

The first two photos are from Pin. The man can really do the haunted, tortured look, can't he? Such expressive eyes!

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          David is shirtless more than one movie. In some, he’s more than shirtless. I don’t know what the age rules are for this board, so I’ll just mention the movies that I know about, with no photo links.

Where the Heart Is (1990)
          Scanners II (1991)
          Joe’s Wedding (1997)
          Century Hotel (2001)
          Nothing (2003)
          Darklight (2004)

I have to add another movie to the list:

Desire and Hell at Sunset Motel (1992)
          And yet another movie:

The Boys of St Vincent: 15 Years Later (1993)

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Here's a public service announcement. In case you didn't know, there's a Thunk thread for McKay/David Hewlett in the General Discussion forum. I'm a recent GateWorld poster and it was several weeks before I discovered it myself. There's just so much stuff to read on this board. I don't want any of you to miss out on the fun.

Just a couple more days for The Eye to air in the US! I'm all excited. My friend is hosting a Stargate party. It's gonna be fun to watch the show with other people.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
              That ones my favourite. Very smooth David there.
              but would be cool to see him punk - with earrings and a mohawk (if he ever had one)

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                That ones my favourite. Very smooth David there.
                but would be cool to see him punk - with earrings and a mohawk (if he ever had one)
                Can somebody explain Rachel's mohawk remark? That's driving me nuts! Come on, you Hewlett detectives.

Ah, well, at least I have some of his shirtless movies.

My kind of guy:

Comment

My guess is that it's some kind of in joke on set. Maybe even from "The Storm"/"The Eye" where David had wet hair and they messed around with it during breaks.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                  it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                  It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                  And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                    My guess is that it's some kind of in joke on set. Maybe even from "The Storm"/"The Eye" where David had wet hair and they messed around with it during breaks.
                    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. But no fair of Rachel to tease us with a line like that. It's not right!

My kind of guy:

Comment

More David goodness from Behind the Gate.

The show opens and we see a black star field. Superimposed across the bottom of the screen are the words, “Somewhere in the Pegasus Galaxy…”

We hear someone blowing. An arm appears with a tissue in hand. The hand and tissue are making a back and forth motion over one of the “stars”. The camera pulls back and we can see that it’s David Hewlett in his Atlantis blue short sleeved shirt and dark gray pants. He has his gun belt on, strapped to his thigh. He’s squinting at the “star,” checking to see if his polishing is up to snuff. He gives a sigh.

“Whooo!”

The camera pulls back even further and we see the large panel of black fabric, studded with "stars", that David is standing in front of. The panel is about 25 feet wide and at least that tall, disappearing off the top of the screen. The panel is outside in what looks like a studio lot.

David acts like he just noticed the camera.

“Oh, hi!” (He tosses the tissue to the ground as he faces the camera).

“I’m David Hewlett.” (He gives a wave and the camera starts to pull in tight to a waist shot).

“I play Doctor Rodney McKay on Stargate Atlantis and I’m here to take you Behind the Gate (he opens his arms wide), the Secrets Revealed."

“Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG1.” (He continues to hold his arms outstretched).

“The first mystery that I’m about to reveal to you people…” (he pulls his arms in, makes a fist with his left hand, extends his index finger and wiggles it at the camera),

“the first time today…” (turns and pats the panel with his left hand)

“is that space is, in fact, a giant Elvis painting…” (turns some more to face the fabric)

“blown up really just from the groin region…” (crosses his arms at the wrist in front of his chest and starts to raise them)

“thus to give you the vast expanse of space.” (finishes raising his arms and opens them wide, fingers outstretched)

David turns from the fabric star field and faces the camera.

“Mystery one solved!” (holds his right index finger up at face level to the camera).

Cut to music and opening fast cuts of behind the scene shots of both shows.

Whew! All those words to describe about a minute's worth of video! That took forever to type up. I had to do it long hand first because my tv and computer aren't in the same room. And then it's hard to find the right words to describe the action. I'm trying hard to put the movements in at the right spots.

Do you want any more or are you all going to watch it if you haven't already seen it?

edit to add gateworld photo
                      Last edited by watcher652; 19 January 2005, 11:41 PM.

My kind of guy:

Comment

More David goodness from Behind the Gate.

The show opens and we see a black star field. Superimposed across the bottom of the screen are the words, “Somewhere in the Pegasus Galaxy…”
                        Thank you for the transcript! I missed the first few minutes of the show, so this was great. Now I just need to remember to set the VCR for the 2am showing tonight....

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                          Thank you for the transcript! I missed the first few minutes of the show, so this was great. Now I just need to remember to set the VCR for the 2am showing tonight....
                          You're welcome. I was wondering if anybody was reading my transcript.

And why aren't you taping the 7pm Behind the Gate?

My kind of guy:

Comment

And why aren't you taping the 7pm Behind the Gate?
                            ::sigh:: because I forgot to stick the tape in the VCR this morning and I won't get home until it's almost over. But since it repeats at 2am, I'll catch it then and get me a copy of all that Hewlett goodness.

Comment

My first post here, I thought I'd delurk and thank you for all the wonderful material on this thread I've been enjoying and confess that I'm a Mckay thunkette

You're welcome. I was wondering if anybody was reading my transcript.
                              Well I for one am definitely reading it, it's brilliant, thank you! It's unlikely we'll ever get to see it in the UK so it's muchly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Elita
                                Well I for one am definitely reading it, it's brilliant, thank you! It's unlikely we'll ever get to see it in the UK so it's muchly appreciated.
                                Would you like me to do some more? David has some more bits. He and Rainbow were kind of the Atlantis co-hosts.

(heehee when I first wrote that, my fingers typed co-hots!)

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X