No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so need to get me some David Hewlett movies. I really want Nothing and The Cube. I saw the Cube before I really became a fan and so want to see it again although I can remember it totally freaking me out the first time I watched it but then I was quite a bit younger. David..mmmmmmm.

Luce xxx

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      And the sparkage between him and Sam was brilliant! I fell totally for the character in those two episodes.
      Ah-HA! Finally, some proof that I'm not the only McKay/Carter 'shipper around I would bring the subject up more often, but I fear being smothered by the insesant droning of the S/J crowd

I think McKay is so popular because of his layers, because we occasionally get glimpses of the real person that Rodney tries so desperatly to hide beneath the sneer and snark.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Not only are you not alone, but somewhere in the dark recesses of this board is a Sam/McKay ship thread.

Comment

David did a great job hosting some of the Atlantis segments on the SciFi Behind the Gate special. The man is just too funny! He was the first person you saw on the show, standing in front of a large cloth with tiny holes in it representing a starfield.

David has fascinating, large hands, they were the first thing I noticed since they contrasted with the black starfield.

One segment had David and Paul Gillion together talking outside. David insisted that Paul wasn't Scot, he was Irish. Paul, darn him, spoke in his Beckett accent all the way thru it so we didn't get to hear what he really sounds like.

I'll have to watch it again and take notes.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

When did this special air? I'd love to get my hands on it. Is it a new one?

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
            it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
            It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
            And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Um...I guess it's the usual one they send either before a season starts or after the mid-season break, right? Meaning we in Germany will *never* be able to see it....gnnnn...

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
              Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
              ~CELLO!~
              ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

I didn't mean "see it on German TV", dear.

Comment

Is it not the Atlantis preview show that's being referred to here?

Comment

I don't know if you can call it a "preview" show really. More like a "behind the scenes goofing off eye candy" show. There were some shots of them filiming some of the upcoming (at least for the US) episodes... but I think I've seen about the same things in the latest commercials on Sci-Fi.

Comment

I think it's the thingie that aired yesterday on Sci Fi. Kind of a near-to-the-end-the-season lowdown for both SG-1 and SGA. Everyone says it's great and I want to watch it. So, *hint hint* if there's a way, send me a message here on GW.

Comment

I missed the "Lowdown" last night. My cable company failed me. . .again.

Anything of interest involving our fav characters??

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                          Ah-HA! Finally, some proof that I'm not the only McKay/Carter 'shipper around I would bring the subject up more often, but I fear being smothered by the insesant droning of the S/J crowd
                          You're not the only one. there's even a sammckay yahoo group out ther (bit dead though).

And on that ep coming up for season 8
                          Spoiler:
                          I really look forward to Moebius! plus it won't interefer with my McKayWeirism if there's anything there because its AU

Comment

McKay is most definitely my favourite charachter. He's completely different to everyone else, and he has the geeky edge to him. daniel had his geeky side to him in the earlier episodes of SG1, but he's become a bit more wise lately, and McKay more than fills that hole! He's the ultimate geek, and he's pretty much the "marmite" of Atlantis - you'll either love him or hate him, and I think he's great.

the character of McKay is well written and well acted. I used to think jack o'neill was a funny character, but compared to McKay, jack seems quite bland.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              Anything of interest involving our fav characters??
                              On the Behind the Scenes special, there was a segment where the cast members answered questions from the web. But the questions and answers are cut and spliced so a question gets the answer from a whole other question, making for some really funny combinations. Here are the ones with David involved:

David is walking across an outside set. He intros the segment.

David: We have actually got, live from the web, questions from you to us. (He holds up the stapled sheets of questions to the camera. Some are highlighted in yellow). This is the must know stuff.

David reads question: “How did the Ancients set up the Stargates with just Jumpers?”
                              David: Haven’t a clue.
                              Cut to Joe: I have no idea.
                              (Ha, stumped the Atlantis genius boys!)

Joe reads question: “When are we going to hear Teyla sing?”
                              Cut to David: When hell freezes over.
                              Cut to Joe: I’m hoping the 10th, 11th season, or something.

David reads question: “Can we make David Hewlett’s role less annoying?”
                              David looks up from the sheet: Not while David Hewlett is playing it, I don’t think.

We don’t hear the question, but Tori’s answer is:
                              Tori: I think she might have a thing for McKay. I don’t know. Something about his belly.
                              Cut to David messing with something on his belt above his right hip.
                              Cut to Joe: It’s a prickly relationship that has romantic possibilities, let’s put it that way.

Chris Judge reads question: “Stargate action figures. Would you buy them?”
                              Cut to David giving a sheepish shrug.

Joe and David are standing outside a building. David is one or two steps above Joe. They’re looking at the questions.

David: But I think the key to being less annoying, (Joe is grinning at the paper) is if you were more annoying, then I would seem less annoying. (David is using his hands as he speaks. Joe is nodding his head). Now, I’ve talked to Rainbow and Rachel about this (he ticks them off his fingers) and I haven’t actually got around to you yet…
                              Joe: Right.
                              David: Um, because you’re so busy. (David gives the camera a look).

That last bit is twice as funny to me because while David is talking to Joe, David is looking at him, talking and gesturing with his hands. But Joe doesn’t really look at David, he kind of just looks off, listening and nodding, but only glancing at him. So McKay and Sheppard!

Hoped that helped!

edit to add gateworld photos
                              Last edited by watcher652; 19 January 2005, 11:47 PM.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Ok so I've spent half of today looking for pics of Mckay and Shep...or rather David and Joe, so I thought I'd come and share some particular gems here!

Here they are, courtesy of http://www.jamspaddedcell.co.uk/screencaps/index.php

David Hewlett was soooo cute when he was younger! He looks, imo, like a cross between Orlando Bloom and Jude Law!

Young David 1

Young David 2

Youngish David

Not hotlinks don't worry...hosting em myself

Comment

Working...
                                X