Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
    So, roomie troubles might be resolving themselves soon. That's good.

Also.....(wait for it).....(wait for it)......
    I have a 4.0!

That's straight A's beyotches. Six classes down...more than I want to think about still to go.
    CONGRATS!!! Man, I miss getting 4.0s... I haven't gotten one since high school!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'm back

My sig has been altered

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Even though I'm thrilled about the possible h/c I'm a little worried that TPTB will just have Rodne shake it off like it's nothing because they will need him to help rescue Shep, Teyla, and Ronan. I mean
        Spoiler:
        the guy purposely over doses on the enzyme to the point that he isn't even coherent when he gets back to Atlantis. How could he of possibly "recovered" in time to help the rest of the team? I could understand recovering enough to tell them what happened but for him to go with them on the Daedalus seems a bit far feched.
        I guess the only way to find out is the watch the episode maybe they pull it off convincingly.
        You're voicing my own fears here. I wanted to write about that yesterday when I mentioned the spoiler in the McKay whump thread, but I didn't have enough time.
        I mean, look at
        Spoiler:
        Ford, how fast he became addicted when he had this one massive dose of the enzyme. After that I really wouldn't expect Ronon, Teyla and especially McKay (after his mega-dose) to bounce back to normal in no time.

On the other hand I understand that they don't have the time to show
        Spoiler:
        several days of drug-withdrawal, and that McKay's help is needed, or let's put it this way: DH himself can't be left out completely for several days, just because his character is sick
        somewhere in the background.
        So, I guess if it isn't a part of the plot itself, any actor of the main cast will always recover much faster than other people in a similar situation. But nonetheless I'd be dissapointed if Rodney
        Spoiler:
        wasn't at least a little shaky and still effected by the aftereffects of the drug.

But, as you said, we'll have to wait and see. Some people here will know soon.

Bye, A.
        ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
        ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

I have icons too.
          I love your icons, especially the Gap kid one! You're fast!

Bye, A.

Comment

So, roomie troubles might be resolving themselves soon. That's good.

Also.....(wait for it).....(wait for it)......
            I have a 4.0!

That's straight A's beyotches. Six classes down...more than I want to think about still to go.
            I'm just wondering how that works? We have a different system in Australia (I am assuming this is college). How do you get assessed?

Comment

Spoilers for Hive:
              Spoiler:
              I'm aprehensive about all this, but I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that they do Rodney justice on this. The fact that he would purposefully overdose himself to try and save his friends says alot and I hope they explore that too.
              Last edited by aaobuttons; 17 November 2005, 09:18 AM.
              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                I'm aprehensive about all this, but I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that they do Rodney justice on this. The fact that he would purposefully
                Spoiler:
                overdose himself
                to try and save his friends says alot and I hope they explore that too.
                (Maybe it's better if you put spoiler tags around this special bit.)
                I'm curious if he does that to help his friends or himself in the first place. I mean, I want to know what his motives are: Did he foremost think of saving his own a.. or is saving the others the first thing on his mind.
                Curious, curious, curious...

Bye, A.

Comment

Watch the spoilers, please. Some of us, despite reading this thread, don't want to be ruined for future eps, thank you.

And as much as I love Rodney and love gaining more insights into him, I also wish they'd remember that there are other characters on the show. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by worth_it
                    The Gap kid. He really wanted to wear this stuff rather than the uniforms.
                    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...026/GapKid.jpg
                    Aaaah! I knew there were more photos we haven't seen yet! The latest Stargate magazine has a centerfold of the cast in their casual outfits but it wasn't one I had seen before and so much better, too.

Did David have that photo or did you buy it from a dealer?

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                      I'm just wondering how that works? We have a different system in Australia (I am assuming this is college). How do you get assessed?
                      Um, basically, there is a number value to every grade. Your grades get added up and divided by the number of classes to get an average.

For example -
                      A=4
                      B=3
                      C=2
                      D=1
                      F=0

I got straight A's in 6, 3o I have a 4.0. If I had gotten a B, I would have a 3.8, which is also very good.

Anyway, it just means I'm getting straight A's, a phenomenon I have never seen before. It mean's I can get all sorts of scholarships and money. It also means my mom will call everyone she ever knew and tell them that I'm finally realizing my full potential. Yeah. High school wasn't so much a success story.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Here's another LJ entry about the BOBW con. I think need to search out as many as we can find and make a comprehensive list.

Damn, David giving the fans a little show as he bends down... Gah! How cool is that? What a guy! Damn that no camera rule at this con.

I guess I have to just settle for this.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          This is a report by Illinga, I wrote to her about it earlier and she says that it's alright if we talk about it here and link it --> so, thanks for doing that, watcher!

I think that this paragraph is pretty interesting:

"David spent most of the time practically up against the wall between the food and the bar surrounded by a crowd of fans. Yes, for a while I was one of them. :-) He had to take a pill before he could eat something with cheese in it. Somebody fill me in, does that mean he's lactose intolerant? *is clueless* It seems he really is highly allergic to practically everything, Jane too. He said she has to take her own pillow with her because she's allergic to different materials. Also, here's an odd image for you all. David wears little white gloves in the shower. Honest to God, from his own mouth!"

And Illinga added this in the comments:

"And as for the allergies, he said that when he had one of those skin tests done, you know where they inject tiny amounts of whatever under the skin in a grid to test for reactions, they had to stop by the third one because his arm/hand was already swelling up! He said that the doctor told him he's allergic to pretty much everything. Apparently Jane's test was even worse! Talk about a well matched couple, huh?"

This poor, poor woobie!!! So many allergies!

Bye, A.

Comment

Oooh! I feel for David. I'm lactose intolerant too and have to take a pill before eating anything dairy. And I love cheddar cheese!

I took one of those allergy tests as an adult because I was in a home with a cat and wondered if I was allergic. Turns out I wasn't allergic to the cat, but I am allergic to certain kinds of grasses, one of which is the grass that is commonly used for hay. I actually have hay fever! And then I realized why I never enjoyed rolling down grass covered hills as a child. Every one always looked like they were having so much fun but I would just end up itchy and not know why.

So, another contributing factor to my geekness, an allergy to the great outdoors. I knew there was a reason why I liked concrete structures.

Also, I don't swim because salt water and chlorine make me itch. I did splash around in a fresh water lake once, and that was ok.

Heh, sorry about talking about me. It's David we're interested in.

Have a cap. One of the few with Rodney, Carson and Radek in one scene. From The Siege, part 2.

I guess David doesn't like the cranberry jumpsuit either. He looks so nice in that color. Looks like he's wearing a soft cotton shirt under the jumpsuit, so maybe it didn't itch him.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Watch the spoilers, please. Some of us, despite reading this thread, don't want to be ruined for future eps, thank you.

And as much as I love Rodney and love gaining more insights into him, I also wish they'd remember that there are other characters on the show. *sigh*

I'm so sorry for forgetting the spoiler tabs, It was my first post of the morning and I had a brain fart about it.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I don't think anyone's posted this yet...

To celebrate the Atlantis DVD release on Tuesday, GateWorld had an article where Joe Flanigan answered some questions from the forum. Here's the one question involving McKay:

Q: How do you feel about Sheppard / McKay slashing (romantic relationship)?

Joe: "Thankfully I don't think about it that much. And if I slashed, I'm not sure David [Hewlett] would be my choice there. And I think he's kind of busy with the Paul McGillion slashing. You know how that works. I had no idea what slashing was. See? I've learned something."

Rodney can't believe someone asked that question.

The rest of the article is here.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X