Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

Love the piccies - yours are cute and funny Unknownterra

Thanks for the heads up to the rotating siggie - I will try to do something soon (really interested in this feature).

Moonilicious recently made some HDTV caps of Condemned - me, I finally cried out in delight, yay, finally some of Rodney! Gotta love Canada and thank those who get the Movie Channel

Oh yes smushy, I see that resemblance to Bob. JF was right then when he said that Shep was Bing and McKay was Bob. Kinda weird how Shep's ears are like Bing's!

Anyway, I took some caps and played with the lighting.

Here is one:

My coment on this one, "If looks could kill..."

There's that cute nose again... I really love this shot because of the way the light plays on his face, showing us all the lines, the worry, the dirt - not to mention those thick lashes... (oh and Rose would probably notice Adrian)

Since the pics are big, that's all for now.

Ta,
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
      That was so disappointing. I don't know why it's so much to ask that the writers keep the emotional storylines going from episode to episode. It can't be that difficult. Fan fic writers seem to manage it. I understand the show's writers have deadlines and all--but consistency in the characters and in the story's progression is worth the effort, surely? The missed opportunities just make ya want to cry. Yes, Atlantis is good--it's wonderful--but imagine if the writers were careful enough to give us the consequences of actions and interactions from episode to episode--how incredibly better Atlantis would be?

Mara
      I'm really on the fence on this one. I thought Rodney did appear a little detached, hence there was fallout, after "Trinity"
      Spoiler:
      in the eps "Instinct" and "Conversion" with a possible reset button hit in "Aurora"
      . As much as many of us would actually like to see it carry on into a resolution on screen, I'm willing to bet that some of us might get tired of it pretty quickly. Generally speaking, people like the character to be the character they're more comfortable with more so than not. It just seems to come at a cost of some continuity.

So maybe there's a continuity problem, whether we get to see a resoltuion or not, but in terms of "fit for tv audience" in the broad sense, it probably makes more sense for it to be written this way.

I'm kind of drawing on the origins of SG-1 for this little spiel (which is WAY longer than I intended it to be, sorry), there was no way the audience could take O'Neill brooding and being suicidal for the first few beginning eps and if you think about it there was a minor bit of continuity problem with that. The show did go back to address his dark side in "Cold Lazarus" ("Grace Under Pressure" Anyone? ) which works out for continuity and appeals to the TV audience in the greater sense. You just have to appluad the writers for that.

FEEL FREE TO IGNORE ALL I HAVE SAID, I thought I was going with somewhere with this but I might have missed an exit a few miles back (or km depending on where you're reading this from)....
      For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        David also gets praise from me over his 'dinky' Toyota he obviously has nothing to prove in the *cough* department!
        Not a thing to prove. What a good guy.

Oh wow. Thank you!!! I haven't seen that episode. It's great to see pics from it.
        (why isn't there an emoticon for yum-i've-died-and-gone-to-heaven? )

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
          Oh yes smushy, I see that resemblance to Bob. JF was right then when he said that Shep was Bing and McKay was Bob. Kinda weird how Shep's ears are like Bing's!
          I know Joe Flanigan was just joking around about it, but if they ever did an ep like that, like a humorous SG-1 ep, with lots of banter all the way through and some subtle nods to the Road pictures, it would be fun.

There's that cute nose again... I really love this shot because of the way the light plays on his face, showing us all the lines, the worry, the dirt - not to mention those thick lashes... (oh and Rose would probably notice Adrian)
          Someone might've mentioned this before, I think, but I love that they've even gotten his ears dirty. Wonder if the make-up artist applies all that very carefully or if they go out and just play in the dirt.

Comment

Hello.

Mmm, nice pics Alex. Poor Rodney all bound up. *no I don't feel that sorry* *drools*

Is it time for this one again? *yes* *yes*

Comment

Morning!

unknownterra - love your little dignity story!
              Mcalex22 - lovely pics! Yeah, Bondage!Rodney!
              Is it time for this one again? *yes* *yes*
              http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../sleepingb.jpg
              Hehe! A few days ago when I was on the board my boyfriend came into my room. It was one of those days where this pic had been posted again (which means I'll never now exactly which day it was! ), and I pointed at it and said "This is the most posted pic on our thread!". Well, my bf looked at me with this 'you are all so insane but that's no news and I've come to terms with it by now' look and said: "But why this pic? It's really not a good one of Rodney."
              There was no decent way to tell him the reason why we love this pic, reasons that are far beyond the obvious! I went for something like "mumble mumble very cute mumble mumble" in the end!

And, even worse, yesterday my Dad came into the room and asked me who this DH guy I like so much is - and I showed him the promo-jeans-pic, with eyes full of adoration. And what did Dad say??? "He's looking very... averagely."

I feel so misunderstood! Good that you all are here, my fellow thunkers!

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                Morning!

Hehe! A few days ago when I was on the board my boyfriend came into my room. It was one of those days where this pic had been posted again (which means I'll never now exactly which day it was! ), and I pointed at it and said "This is the most posted pic on our thread!". Well, my bf looked at me with this 'you are all so insane but that's no news and I've come to terms with it by now' look and said: "But why this pic? It's really not a good one of Rodney."
                There was no decent way to tell him the reason why we love this pic, reasons that are far beyond the obvious! I went for something like "mumble mumble very cute mumble mumble" in the end!

And, even worse, yesterday my Dad came into the room and asked me who this DH guy I like so much is - and I showed him the promo-jeans-pic, with eyes full of adoration. And what did Dad say??? "He's looking very... averagely."

Bye, A.
                O.K I do have to quote this whole post. That was very funny. I don't feel too misunderstood other than my sisters and him in doors, I don't mention it.

I'm not ashamed I just don't like to talk about it. Oh except here of course.

Comment

Is it time for this one again? *you betcha*

*Drools* and wants to really tuck him in.

Comment

Hey all,

Love the pics - Arlessiar - funny account! I got something like that from my sister once.

It was during that time when we were voting for hotest man on Atlantis and I showed her a pic of Rodney and then a pic of John and she said that's the hot hero guy (John) and he's the geek (Rodney). But then she said, I know you like the geek because of his brain and his character.

My sis has never seen Atlantis ever and I was rather upset by her comment at first but then I had to laugh at that!

I do have one question for MG and all of you - MG mentioned that David does visit this thread - can we sort of confirm that that is a joke, right??? I mean, seriously, he wouldn't have time to visit his own thunking thread beacuse he's got all important stuff to do like acting, reading scripts, writing his own movies, driving the little Echo, fixing his house etc etc etc... RIGHT????

So much talking today - sorry - onto Rodney McKay, geek extraordinaire and cutest dude around in my book (ok apart from the bf)...

Smushy, I didn't notice the ears until you pointed them out. I'd love to see Rachel, Jason, Joe and David roll around the dirt! It was a very dirty epi, i have to admit, after seeing it in High res!

Rose's pics gave me inspiration to revisit Duet:

Pretty blue eyes, very cute nose (my friend Sam dubs him "The Nose"), curved lips, stubble and chest hair - ah, Rodney looks so woobie like!

Whumped.

The defiant chin he gives...

Ta,
                    Alex

Comment

Unknownterra- LMAO!! I love that! Have some green

You like a guy? A real guy?
                      Yes a real guy!

Ah, but does he like you? He'd be mad not to.
                      He'd be mad if he DID like me! And yes, he does I got my friend to find out for me. Gunna try to ask him out next week Anyway, back to Rodney-

Rodney: Sam, I know you wanted to see my dignity but isnt this going a bit too far?!?!

Bye, A.
                      Thats nothing, my friend said he looked like an Old Age Pensioner! She's currently lying 5 feet under my garden, damn those gardening shows!

I do have one question for MG and all of you - MG mentioned that David does visit this thread - can we sort of confirm that that is a joke, right??? I mean, seriously, he wouldn't have time to visit his own thunking thread beacuse he's got all important stuff to do like acting, reading scripts, writing his own movies, driving the little Echo, fixing his house etc etc etc... RIGHT????
                      He's a computer geek! He'll find time! And like I said, I have no idea if he's visited recently, although he might have visited when they stopped filming, and thats a might, if you get the chance than ask him If you dont want to know than thats fine by me, just dont blame me if you get paranoid when you start wondering who the guests are that are currently viewing this thread

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Oh, I SO know what you are going through *hugs*. No one understands us or why we find Rodney so darn gorgeous!!

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                          Yes a real guy! He'd be mad if he DID like me! And yes, he does I got my friend to find out for me. Gunna try to ask him out next week
                          Haha, you got your friend well yeah I suppose I use to do that too. Good luck.

Thats nothing, my friend said he looked like an Old Age Pensioner! She's currently lying 5 feet under my garden, damn those gardening shows!
                          Just 5 feet under? Some people have no taste.

He's a computer geek! He'll find time! And like I said, I have no idea if he's visited recently, although he might have visited when they stopped filming, and thats a might, if you get the chance than ask him If you dont want to know than thats fine by me, just dont blame me if you get paranoid when you start wondering who the guests are that are currently viewing this thread
                          Well GW does have people from the show in all areas visit here every now and then so why not David?

I can tell you why because I would freak out! I actually think it would be cool if he did a blog or something like a Q&A but just for a day or so. I have no idea what I would ask him but it sounds like a cool idea.

Alex just ask him.

Comment

Well GW does have people from the show in all areas visit here every now and then so why not David?

I can tell you why because I would freak out! I actually think it would be cool if he did a blog or something like a Q&A but just for a day or so. I have no idea what I would ask him but it sounds like a cool idea.

Alex just ask him.
                            That would be a great idea! I'd love to read what he gets up to on the set

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Well, my bf looked at me with this 'you are all so insane but that's no news and I've come to terms with it by now' look and said: "But why this pic? It's really not a good one of Rodney."
                              But it really is a great pic, although technically its David as Rodney and not Rodney himself. Personally, I love the 'sleeping on the couch' pic because, if you look at it as Rodney, its all that arrogant genius at rest. Kind of like catching a really precocious kid while he's napping; there's a sense of 'aww, cute' before you have to get back to chasing him around the house trying to get him to behave.

I do have one question for MG and all of you - MG mentioned that David does visit this thread - can we sort of confirm that that is a joke, right???
                              Probably not a joke. The note I got from him a few months ago in response to my first fanletter ever, asking him about his favorite charity, mentioned I was asking for this info for this thread on GW. His reply wasn't 'huh?' but that GW was very supportive. He didn't mention this thread in particular... but it wouldn't surprise me that he peeks in here on occasion as the man is compter savvy. It worried me at first, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that if I ever meet him at a Con he's a) not going to know who the heck I am so I shouldn't be worried or b) recognize my screenname on my badge and he'll poke fun at me for the clones and other things I've posted.

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
                                I'm really on the fence on this one. I thought Rodney did appear a little detached, hence there was fallout, after "Trinity"
                                Spoiler:
                                in the eps "Instinct" and "Conversion" with a possible reset button hit in "Aurora"
                                . As much as many of us would actually like to see it carry on into a resolution on screen, I'm willing to bet that some of us might get tired of it pretty quickly. Generally speaking, people like the character to be the character they're more comfortable with more so than not. It just seems to come at a cost of some continuity.

So maybe there's a continuity problem, whether we get to see a resoltuion or not, but in terms of "fit for tv audience" in the broad sense, it probably makes more sense for it to be written this way.

I'm kind of drawing on the origins of SG-1 for this little spiel (which is WAY longer than I intended it to be, sorry), there was no way the audience could take O'Neill brooding and being suicidal for the first few beginning eps and if you think about it there was a minor bit of continuity problem with that. The show did go back to address his dark side in "Cold Lazarus" ("Grace Under Pressure" Anyone? ) which works out for continuity and appeals to the TV audience in the greater sense. You just have to appluad the writers for that.

FEEL FREE TO IGNORE ALL I HAVE SAID, I thought I was going with somewhere with this but I might have missed an exit a few miles back (or km depending on where you're reading this from)....

Well as far as SG1 is concerned, didn't Children of the Gods happen like a year plus later? That would explain his difference in behavior since he had tme to adjust.

But for Rodney, Trinity was supposed to be this big character driven piece where we were supposed to see this downfall. So we should have seen some change to him, only we didn't.
                                Spoiler:
                                After letting his ego almost kill him and his friend and blowing up 5/6 of a solar system
                                he should have been upset, unsure of his abilities, hesitant. And like I said, maybe he was feeling that a bit but the next two episodes (which happen in a short time frame) are very Rodney lite so we don't really see much. Then in Aurora he's back to his 'I can do anything, I'm the best scientist in the whole wide universe' attitude and throws out a line like 'what, don't you trust me?" in such a sarcastic way when a week- month tops- ago he had lost all the trust of Sheppard and Weir. Now he's throwing it around like it'd be a joke if they didn't trust him when we haven't seen him do anything to earn that trust back. It just seems to me like Trinity never happened in Aurora, or that he's blocked it out of his mind. It was supposed to be this great Rodney growth episode and they didn't let it happen.

And to book end this with another SG1 comparison, let's look at Daniel. He's not the same guy he was in the 1st season. He's grown, the writers have done it well and capitalized on episodes to show that growth. The writers have proved they can do it, I think they just dropped the ball on Trinity.
                                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                                X