Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    That was the 1989 made for TV movie The Penthouse. I don't think it's been ever been released on DVD, only VHS. I can't seem to find this anywhere so try to record it if you can. did he have blond hair?
    Originally posted by nugglebugget
    Unfortunatly,it was so brief,I'm not sure what his hair color was.It didn't look real dark,though,mybe alight brown,dark blonde.He was cute,though,even as a total lunatic
    Did you get to see the whole movie? How many minutes would you say David has on screen?

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

McKay was even cute before the Atlantis days.

Look at that face! Too cute!
      Liaison of F.O.R.D.
      Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

How can you not love him and his deer-in-the-headlights look?

I'm thinking I really might have to move Luke over to Atlantis, just because the two of them together are so much FUN. Especially since McKay never realizes he's only one meal away from a painful death. Muahaha...

I've loved McKay ever since he first mouthed off to Carter. Heh. I hated him, but I loved him, too. Much the same way Carter feels about him, I'm sure.

Comment

I would like to see Carter and McKay together again, this time in McKay's territory. Instead of Sam being right, he would. That would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            I would like to see Carter and McKay together again, this time in McKay's territory. Instead of Sam being right, he would. That would be cool.
            heh, that would be a great episode if they ever did it. It would be funny to see McKay's reaction to proving himself smarter than Carter.

Comment

McKay has to outdo Carter SOME day, and I want it to be some day soon. They have great chemistry, romantic or otherwise. And he would never come down off the high if HE ended up being right about something and SHE was wrong! Although with McKay's luck, he'd be right about something doomy and that'd take the edge off some of his gloat time. He'd gloat like hell, of course, but it'd be an instant where he'd wish he wasn't right...

Comment

He is a tight character.
                Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

What about (S8 SG-1 warning)
                  Spoiler:
                  'Moebius' in season 8? Would love to discuss this though all of it would have to be in spoiler space. so far noone discussing this episode seems to wonder what McKay and Sam will be like in it, except that they revelaed he'd find time to hit on her. As we all expect anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    McKay has to outdo Carter SOME day, and I want it to be some day soon. They have great chemistry, romantic or otherwise. And he would never come down off the high if HE ended up being right about something and SHE was wrong! Although with McKay's luck, he'd be right about something doomy and that'd take the edge off some of his gloat time. He'd gloat like hell, of course, but it'd be an instant where he'd wish he wasn't right...
                    They do have good chemistry (better than the OTHER pairing)... and I think it's because he brings out the worst in her! Once in a while it's nice to see Carter get riled... who better to do it than Rodney.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I was wondering if David's movie "Clutch" is out on Region 1 dvd? I can only find a vhs version. Thanks.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Short answer....no At least not that I can see.

But I did manage to track down Davids first ever film (Dark Side) on DVD in a backstreet shop in Amsterdam so there may be hope that Clutch is out there somewhere!

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          I was wondering if David's movie "Clutch" is out on Region 1 dvd? I can only find a vhs version. Thanks.
                          Originally posted by Jen
                          Short answer....no At least not that I can see.
                          OK, I guess I'll just buy the VHS for now.

Originally posted by Jen
                          But I did manage to track down Davids first ever film (Dark Side) on DVD in a backstreet shop in Amsterdam so there may be hope that Clutch is out there somewhere!
                          How's David in Dark Side? And the all important "how many minutes does he have in the movie?" question. Gee, what region is Amsterdam?

My kind of guy:

Comment

How's David in Dark Side? And the all important "how many minutes does he have in the movie?" question. Gee, what region is Amsterdam?
                            VERY young!! He gets quite a lot of screentime, its just a shame the film isn't very good

You can read about it here, with pictures!!

I think Holland is region 2. Most people go on holiday to sit in the sun...I go to hunt through racks of DVDs!!

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                              Rodney and Samantha, sitting in a tree...

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

For me, he doesn't have to actually be "right" and Carter "wrong". I would like him to just know more about something than Carter because of his experiences in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Besides her scientific knowledge, Carter had her field experience and her relationships with her team members. Now that McKay has some field experience himself and that he actually can care about someone besides himself, I think that should be shown.

Carter is military, McKay is not. McKay is more like Daniel Jackson in that respect. But he's learned to carry a gun and he knows what it's like when lives depend on you because you're the only one who can figure out the answer. That's a heavy burden to carry.

He doesn't have to lose his snark or his superior attitude. But I think it could be tempered with his recent experiences and Carter would see the difference. I saw a difference in McKay's character just between 48 Hours and Redemption. It would be cool if Carter would bring up the same points. It would be wonderful if Carter would notice that McKay has found the art in his science and the humanity that was always there buried under his defenses.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X