Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    Laptop. Extra chocolate and power bars. Uh...

Hmm, this is kinda hard. They were only allowed to bring one personal item.
    Everybody's quarters would look about the same in its contents, just different in its arrangement. Oh, I guess they have their off duty clothes. Weir certainly seems to have a lot of clothes, in contrast with Teyla, who only seems to have one top.

I don't think the scientists should be allowed to take bits of their work back to their quarters, although I would think they could type up their reports back in their rooms, if they really wanted to bring their work home with them.

Have we pondered what would be McKay's personal item? I vote for a hermetically sealed tin of fresh coffee beans. Or maybe an electronic keyboard, with headphones, because he never did give up playing the piano, even though his piano teacher crushed his hopes of actually being any good at it.
    Well actually Teyla had a cool different outfit on in suspicion for the interview atleast, I think that top is just her combat one.

I'd actually really like to know what McKay brought along. We've seen Sheppards (and War and Peace too - obviously books don't count as the personal item or he wouldn't have been able to bring that football video/dvd as well)

Plus you just know that as CSO (or even if he wasn't that) McKay probably wouldn't pay any attention to not taking stuff back to his room rule.

And you know I'd nearly forgotten that we've never seen him quarters because I've read so many fanfics where he has quarters right next to his lab that I started not to question that and think it true - and was reminded by his comments in Before I Sleep.

As for his item - maple syrup? or would such thing not count or be allowed. It's the second finest product to come out of Cananda.

Popcorn wasn't part of Sheppards item was it, was it just general everyones popcorn or not?

Comment

Laptop. Extra chocolate and power bars. Uh...

Hmm, this is kinda hard. They were only allowed to bring one personal item. Everybody's quarters would look about the same in its contents, just different in its arrangement. Oh, I guess they have their off duty clothes. Weir certainly seems to have a lot of clothes, in contrast with Teyla, who only seems to have one top.
      Well by now (figuring they've been there 5-9 months by episode 15 - was already at 3 by suspicion btw) they might well have variety of objects. They are limited in what they'd have from Earth but that's not to say they haven't made/traded or been given objects. The Athosians obviously make there own products as seen in BIS so there could be any numbers of Pegasus objects Rodney has gotten his hands on. Plus if he's had his birthday I bet he'd have presents from the team and Weir probably.

Comment

Maybe he brought pictures of his cat.

Comment

Just a quick question thats been bugging me. What colour are David Hewletts eyes? I've tried to tell from watching but all I suceeded in doing was getting myself pretty confused. So far I've seen brown, blue and greenish. I had this problem with other people such as Weir who also seem to have changing eye colours. Guess its just the light.

Could someone tell me for certain because when I try googling it I get a bunch of Hewlett-Packard stuff.
          ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Blue!

Jen
            x

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Thanks for that! A picture speaks a thousand words...
              ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

A few words that that picture looks like it says:

I'm confused, I don't what I'm doing, I need some help from someone and I admit I'm not the smartest guy in the galaxy.

OK, not really.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by joanne1138
                  Just a quick question thats been bugging me. What colour are David Hewletts eyes? I've tried to tell from watching but all I suceeded in doing was getting myself pretty confused. So far I've seen brown, blue and greenish. I had this problem with other people such as Weir who also seem to have changing eye colours. Guess its just the light.
                  David has eyes that have that look steel blue grey most of the time. Paul Gillion has lighter, bright blue eyes. I think it's been decided that Joe has hazel eyes because he has a ring of brown right around the pupil and flecks of color in his irises. Tori seems to have green eyes since the color looks consistant throughout her irises.

Since Jen posted that photo, I won't have to go though my collection of photos looking for the perfect eye shot. Oh, maybe I will anyway, just to look at his eyes.

My kind of guy:
                  "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                  Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                  (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

David has eyes that have that look steel blue grey most of the time. Paul Gillion has lighter, bright blue eyes. I think it's been decided that Joe has hazel eyes because he has a ring of brown right around the pupil and flecks of color in his irises. Tori seems to have green eyes since the color looks consistant throughout her irises.

Since Jen posted that photo, I won't have to go though my collection of photos looking for the perfect eye shot. Oh, maybe I will anyway, just to look at his eyes.
                    Got any nice closeups where he has one of those gorgeuous blue tops on that bring out the colour of his eyes nicely?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      Plus you just know that as CSO (or even if he wasn't that) McKay probably wouldn't pay any attention to not taking stuff back to his room rule.
                      I was just saying I don't think they should. Never know if someone else may need to borrow that bit of tech. Or if it turns out to be dangerous. But that's just me. Personally, I'd think he'd be cautious enough about the tech (personal shield experience and all) to fall asleep in the lab with a gizmo before he brought it back to his room.

I guess they would have some Pegasus Galaxy souvenirs by now. I was just so focused on trading for food I didn't think they would be getting other things too.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I guess they would have some Pegasus Galaxy souvenirs by now. I was just so focused on trading for food I didn't think they would be getting other things too.
                        Food is the key to understanding Rodney... We can't have him passing out in manly hunger, can we?
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I wouldn't mind.
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Hey Jen. Where is that picture from anyway, is it from Atlantis or another one of David Hewlett's movies/TV shows?
                            Last edited by GatetheWay; 30 December 2004, 08:33 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                              Hey Jen. Where is that picture from anyway, is it from Atlantis or another one of David Hewlett's movies/TV shows?
                              Its from the utterly brilliant film 'Nothing' that is an absolute must for any DH fan

#1 David Hewlett Fansite

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                                That photo is from the movie Nothing. (oops, Jen beat me to the answer, sorry!)

That is such a great shot. I don't know what he's reacting to, but I just want to cry.

Actually, that could be a perfect McKay shot. He actually has a lot of moments where that look would be appropriate. More moments than the poor man should have.

edit for timing apology

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X