No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never fully appreciate fast food until you can't afford it. I long for the days when I didn't say: "Wendy's? No way! Who do I look like? JK Rowling?"

*sigh*

I've decided to get a job at Medieval Times. I have friends who say they're hiring like mad. And who wouldn't want to work at a place where you can have a joust with your dinner. Also, I'll be able to speak with a British accent at work. All those years of Jeeves and Wooster, Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf, Keeping Up Appearences, and more Are You Being Served than you can shake a stick at have finally payed off!

Look! Rodney wants to be a knight. Or a kniggit...depending on how much you like Monty Python...

Anyway, it is Brave Sir Rodney!

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
      Hey everyone,

The emedian sga website has updated with 3 pics from Coup D'etat.

Here is the link to the pic with Rodney - beware spoilers!
      http://sg-atlantis.emedian.net/s218.html

Sorry but the pic with Rodney just cracks me up... LOL especially

Spoiler:
      those yellow glasses! What the??? I was thinking Bono there for a moment! I'm just glad he is somewhere in this epi coz from all I've read it's Shep Shep Shep.

Ta,
      Alex
      Omgosh, yes! Is it just me or do they make the actors on this show
      Spoiler:
      wear a larger than average number of dorkish accessories?? The glasses, the helmets, the spacesuits....

course on DH they always look utterly adorable!
      Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
      :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Coup pictures have come out and it looks like
        Spoiler:
        Sheppard some how drags McKay along on a recue mission. I wonder how he mangaes that. Wouldn't the most logical choice be Teyla or Ronnan? But maybe Shep did take Teyla and Ronnan and they got split up some how.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
          Coup pictures have come out and it looks like
          Spoiler:
          Sheppard some how drags McKay along on a recue mission. I wonder how he mangaes that. Wouldn't the most logical choice be Teyla or Ronnan? But maybe Shep did take Teyla and Ronnan and they got split up some how.

I really like how confident McKay looks in these pictures, he looks more scared in pics from Conversion or the stills from The Defiant One, i think he's getting more used to having an active role in dangerous field situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
            I really like how confident McKay looks in these pictures, he looks more scared in pics from Conversion or the stills from The Defiant One, i think he's getting more used to having an active role in dangerous field situations.
            I agree. Plus, it looks like
            Spoiler:
            he has some spiffy new gun, so hopefully we won't have another stupid Siege 3 clip mishap...

And woohoo! The Genii guy from Storm/Eye is back! I liked his character.

Comment

The whole gun incident scene in Siege 3 was quite stupid and IMO out of character considering past episodes. I just pretend it never happened... kind of like Sancuary. (no offense to those who liked that part in Siege 3 and Sancuary as a whole ofcourse) It's good to see McKay confidently handling a weapon again.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Aye, I don't quite get what TPTB are doing to Rodney, one episode he hits a wraith with every shot at extreme range and the next he's running away screaming like a girl shooting at mid air when the Wraith is just standing there....HM.....Still, two thumbs up Rodney.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                  I agree. Plus, it looks like
                  Spoiler:
                  he has some spiffy new gun, so hopefully we won't have another stupid Siege 3 clip mishap...

And woohoo! The Genii guy from Storm/Eye is back! I liked his character.
                  They haven't exactly been consistent with Mckay, have they? Let's hope he's back on track now. And this
                  Spoiler:
                  gun looks like it doesn't need reloading, which is good. That seems to be his problem: first wondering what to do after the clip was used in Defiant One and then dropping the clip entirely in Siege 3.

Any glimpse of Sora?

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                    Omgosh, yes! Is it just me or do they make the actors on this show
                    Spoiler:
                    wear a larger than average number of dorkish accessories?? The glasses, the helmets, the spacesuits....

course on DH they always look utterly adorable!
                    Oh yeah! Adorable. Like in your sig. Speaking of which um, it is stretching out the thread can you resize or left align? Other than that mmm, Rodney/David arms great.

Comment

oops! I think that should take care of it! Thanks for letting me know, rose

and congrats on getting a custom avatar...I'm jealous

Comment

Haha, thanks GT for resizing but wow he is kinda small now. Poor Rodney, haha, it isn't the size that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                          oops! I think that should take care of it! Thanks for letting me know, rose

and congrats on getting a custom avatar...I'm jealous
                          Love your new siggie - so many Rodneys - WOW!

Love yours too Rose - no it's not spoilerish - he's adorable in this scene!

Here's some more Rodney:

And

Take care,
                          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by mcalex22
                            This man needs his Kitty Cat STAT! Love the piccies Alex, as always.

--
                            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 27 October 2005, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                              So here's a Photoshop that I did, inspired by a walk through Disneyland with a friend, discussing what would happen if the SGA characters visited... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...mckayears2.jpg
                              ROFL! Great job!

Party - love Sir Rodney! I must say he still looks good even in this outfit!
                              McAlex - wish I could green you every day, because there are always your nice Rodney pics to greet me when I get up int the morning!
                              Originally posted by Mcalex22
                              Arlessiar - YES, you can icon the pics but I warn you, others have done icons already - one of them is Monanotlisa.
                              I'd love it if you show me your final works as I always love icons of Rodney. I made some too but they aren't fantastic or anything so that's why I haven't showed them to anyone.
                              Thanks for the link to the LJ. That are some pretty lovely icons. Actually there are so many great icons out there it's daunting. I'm just a beginner when it comes to icons and not very good yet. I'll post some of them, but please don't expect too much.
                              And you've made me curious about your icons, so you'll get a puppy look from me now and a "will you post some of your icons?" request. Pretty please?
                              Oh, and one thing is clear: Even if our technique isn't that good yet, the icons can't be that bad when Rodney is in them.

What did you mean with the warning? Should the same pic not be used twice, or is it because one's idea for a text could already be taken by someone else? (hope that makes sense what I ask here )
                              Originally posted by Mcalex22
                              Sorry but the pic with Rodney just cracks me up... LOL especially
                              Spoiler:
                              those yellow glasses! What the??? I was thinking Bono there for a moment!
                              Yes, the
                              Spoiler:
                              glasses
                              look funny! But actually they are quite useful when
                              Spoiler:
                              you're shooting. They are a much needed protection for your eyes. And the colour: It's like the yellow filter you can put on the lens of your camera when you're doing B/W photography - yellow heightens the contrast. So with such yellow (or blue) glasses you can see better
                              even if there isn't so much light.
                              (I spoilered some parts of this text because of
                              Spoiler:
                              the mention of Rodney's glasses
                              , although my text about them is pretty general )

So, finally new pics! And - *yeah* - Rodney is in two of them. Wasn't Coup D'etat also the episode DH talked about in the latest interview? If yes then there seems to be
                              Spoiler:
                              some whumpage ahead, cause he mentioned being unconscious on the ground in this ep!

Bye, A.
                              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by PartyLikeIts1984
                                You never fully appreciate fast food until you can't afford it. I long for the days when I didn't say: "Wendy's? No way! Who do I look like? JK Rowling?"

*sigh*

I've decided to get a job at Medieval Times. I have friends who say they're hiring like mad. And who wouldn't want to work at a place where you can have a joust with your dinner. Also, I'll be able to speak with a British accent at work. All those years of Jeeves and Wooster, Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf, Keeping Up Appearences, and more Are You Being Served than you can shake a stick at have finally payed off!

Look! Rodney wants to be a knight. Or a kniggit...depending on how much you like Monty Python...

Anyway, it is Brave Sir Rodney!
                                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...Sir-Rodney.gif
                                heyyy! excellent! i love it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X