• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arlessiar
    My eyes became nearly as big as Rodney's when he said that
    Spoiler:
    this ancient babe is hot
    , but for different reasons. I was more like: Don't you say that! You're hurting all your fangirl's hearts, you destroy their dreams!
    OK, yes, she was kinda cute. But the lipstick color was horrible. And I don't like it when Rodney
    Spoiler:
    calls other women hot.
    What can I say? I'm a die-hard fangirl!

Bye, A.
    I don't like it when he does that either...but mostly cuz I'm waiting for him to confess his undying love for John. (sorry, the slasher in me just can't let it go...)

Comment

Originally posted by smushybird
      I don't like it when he does that either...but mostly cuz I'm waiting for him to confess his undying love for John. (sorry, the slasher in me just can't let it go...)
      Oh I know when they were
      Spoiler:

in the cell together all alone, locked up, together, alone!

Lots of slash moments in my mind! Forget all those silly women he wants John. O.K obviously I should be asleep I am starting to go to some very none PG places. Haha, I better go off to bed and have um some none PG dreams I hope! Well definitely in the *Gutter* now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Oh I know when they were
        Spoiler:

Lots of slash moments in my mind! Forget all those silly women he wants John. O.K obviously I should be asleep I am starting to go to some very none PG places. Haha, I better go off to bed and have um some none PG dreams I hope! Well definitely in the *Gutter* now.
        I had the same thoughts
        Spoiler:
        when I saw that picture of them together in that cell.
        That reminded me of a lot of slashy scripts

I'm going to do a fic rec, which I never do on boards. Don't know what the policy is here for this so I'll delete if it's not tolerated.
        I've just spent my afternoon reading an excellent team fic which found itself archived in the slash section of Wraithbait because of it's last chapter, which is a sequel to the story in fact.
        I just want to rec it because I know that a lot of people who get squicky around slash will never get around reading it which is a pity because it's incredibly well written, especially the dialogue between Rodney and John.
        The Taste of Apples
        It's a team fic with no slash, I repeat. Only the sequel is slashy. It's 9 chapters long. Just a warning: there's drama, lots of it, but the quality of the plot and the writting are astonishing. Since the plot resolves itself in the first story, you don't really need to read the sequel to enjoy the quality of the story anyway.

Aurore

Comment

Originally posted by Aurore
          I've just spent my afternoon reading an excellent team fic which found itself archived in the slash section of Wraithbait because of it's last chapter, which is a sequel to the story in fact.
          The Taste of Apples
          Thanks for mentioning this fic. I read it a few months ago and it is one of my all time favorite SGA fanfics. I felt completely drained emotionally after I read it, it's so intense! I can only recommend it to everyone, it's really, really good, and I have read quite a lot fanfics and don't say that very often. There are some good fanfics out there, but this one is excellent.
          And you don't have to read the sequel if you don't like slash.

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

What do I have to hear/read about "The lost boys"? Rodney
            Spoiler:
            took pot while he was in college???
            Rodney??? Mr. Control? Wild youth, he?

And what about the enzyme? Are our speculations about the way
            Spoiler:
            Rodney gets addicted
            which leads to
            Spoiler:
            the withdrawal in "The Hive"
            true?
            Oh, I have to see that episode! Soon, very soon...

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
              What do I have to hear/read about "The lost boys"? Rodney
              Spoiler:
              took pot while he was in college???
              Rodney??? Mr. Control? Wild youth, he?
              My guess is that it was a desperate attempt to try and "fit in" and to be "cool" like the other guys. And I wouldn't put it past those guys to have done it as a joke at his expense.

It could have been worse. It could have been like what happened to David's character in Nothing.

Comment

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...y01/Gift03.jpg
                This screencap must have made the Rodney/Teyla shippers' day
                I kinda like the way Teyla looks at him sometimes when he's being particularly snarky. Something like "I can't believe he just said that. Should I slap him?"
                From what I've understood, it develops in the second season?

Aurore
                PS: draining is the word I was searching for, Arlessiar. I thought that I had to rec it because a lot of people were likely to miss it because of the slash in the sequel.

Comment

hello hello my fellow mckay fangirls...how's it hanging

just stopped by for a quick few minutes to see what was new here and i can see that you have all been busy...

great pic Aurore...if i weren't a mcweir shipper or a sheyla shipper, i prolly would be a mceyla () shipper i can soooo see those two together
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the fic link, I used to read a lot of fic after I saw the end of season 1 and was waiting for season 2 to give me some daily atlantis but haven't read any in a while.
                    Also I didn't know there were any mceyla shippers around but if there are then that pic is gonna keep em talking for days!
                    Going off to watch Aurora now cos I've heard it has some good McKay moments in it which is always good, Conversion didn't have enough McKay in it but then you can never have too much McKay LOL

Comment

Well, it seems to become a habit from me to post some Rodney caps before I go to bed! Don't know why, I always get this inner urge to make new caps when I'm tired!

Isn't he cute?

Oh these wonderful Hewlett eyes!

Time for the crazy fangirl to hug her fluffy pillow (and dreeeaaam...)

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                        Oh I know when they were
                        Spoiler:

Maybe we're in the gutter but we're looking up at the stars. I quite agree that Rodney and John
                        Spoiler:
                        was a slash moment that I enjoyed muchly. Rodney and John alone together is always a good thing (the Sheppard and McKay show! ) They're so irresistible together, so funny, so adorable. So much talent right there on the screen. I haven't seen such good buddy and/or slashy guy chemistry in a long time. And Martin Gero writes the loveliest banter for them. I am happy melted goo after a bantery episode like Aurora. January feels about ten years away right now.

Comment

Here are some non spoilery caps from The Lost Boys. At least I consider them not spoilers. Let me know if you think they are and I'll hide them.

Hand shot, first.

Not a happy camper.

Rodney really can pull at your heart strings, can't he?

Last edited by watcher652; 25 September 2005, 12:29 AM. Reason: fix links

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Good morning everyone!

OMG, I finally saw Lost Boys and I can't believe I have to wait 4 months to see what happened... it's too good to discuss here... but I loved it!

BTW, here are some links to some caps...

Didn't want to spoil anyone:

Poor Woobie needs some comforting!

Woobie doing what he loves!

Well, I have some more links to show you all ---> next post.

Take care all,
                            Alex

Comment

I'm sure you've all seen this, it's just that we were talking about this in another thread...

Here is a link to photos of David at a con - This is courtesy of the randomhewlettesrambling website.

The photos are quite large, so I've only provided links:

David signing autographs

David signing autographs on a fangirl *wish I was the one...!*

David and the very lucky fangirl

Like I said, I'm sure these have already been posted, but it never hurts to see more! Wonder if I'd be so daring as to get David to post with me like that! Lucky girl had both David and Joe signing on her!!!

Guh!

Take care,
                              Alex

Comment

Just thought this was a cool new Gateworld banner.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X