Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney Where Are You???????

Comment

Probable spoilers for "Grace Under Pressure".

Originally posted by Purpleyin
      I think it's a pressure issue. What is airtight in space can't necessarily take the pressure of however much depth of water pressing down on it. So I guess they only have to so long before leaks (snip)
      Didn't the season 1 title sequence show a puddlejumper under water? Also it only makes sense that an underwater city's spacecraft should be water-capable. And so far the show has given no indication that puddlejumpers couldn't, say, enter the atmosphere of Jupiter. There's pressure!

Unless the interior is at roughly the same pressure as the surrounding water, any leak would be damagingly high-pressure. If you filmed it, all the camera would see is gushing, frothing water. So either
      Spoiler:
      1) the puddlejumper *does* somehow know to pressurize itself to that depth, resulting in a relatively slow leak, or 2) divers and submariners are going to rip Atlantis the way people rip Star Wars's "It's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs".

I did wonder what they do about air on long space journeys, must have some system to recycle co2 or something and reoxygenate
      Or other facilities? The fourteen-hour trip in "The Defiant One" rather had me wondering, especially with everyone bickering like children. No rest stops in space!
      Last edited by Wordsmit2; 14 September 2005, 05:05 AM.
      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
        I thought that was Cadman.
        Haha! You're right! I think we will just blame her.

Also on the PJ in the AU in 'Before I sleep' Sheppard refers to the air-tightness and the water thing. Which is actually where I got it from.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
          Rodney Where Are You???????
          Ooh he's here just sitting back taking it all in.

This can't be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            I wonder if McKay can swim? He looks like he never goes out in the sun so not big on the seaside splish 'n' splash but I guess an indoor pool would do.
            Does Atlantis have a pool? If not why not! That is an episode I want to see McKay in swim trunks and all wet.
            Seems you all enjoyed the Wet!Rodney pics, great!
            Yes, a wet Rodney is a special thing! I just say: Shower. Imagine that, whoahh. Oh no, gutter again...
            A pool on Atlantis? I've read a lot of fanfictions who deal with the discovery of a pool and the crew having lots of fun with it. I'd like them to have a pool on Atlantis. And of course Rodney swimming in that pool. I guess he can swim. Maybe he's no master in it and maybe he doesn't like it very much, but I think he can swim.

McAlex22 - congrats on 100 posts!

Originally posted by wordsmit2
            I did wonder what they do about air on long space journeys, must have some system to recycle co2 or something and reoxygenate
            Or other facilities? The fourteen-hour trip in "The Defiant One" rather had me wondering, especially with everyone bickering like children. No rest stops in space!
            I was wondering about that too. Maybe they can stop at another planet if the need arises!

Rodney: "Ehhh, Colonel, I really, hmm, you know..."
            John: "Yes, yes, I got it. This planet looks nice." *Lands the jumper, opens the hatch, Rodney storms out*
            Teyla: "Please, leave the hatch open, we could use some fresh air in here."
            John: "OK. And everyone should use this little break for you-know-what, who knows when we find the next suitable planet."
            Teyla: "Wasn't there something in the ancient's database about the nearest rest stop planets?"
            *Rodney comes running towards the Jumper, screaming*: "BIIIG ANGRY ANIMAL BEHIND ME!!!"

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I'll do as I please, thank you, and if that means complaining about things I don't like, I'm damn well going to complain, even if it's "just a TV show".
              Well as we say in Australia, good onya mate.

And as for "Grace under pressure" I just want a wet and snarky Rodney that will do me fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                I've read a lot of fanfictions who deal with the discovery of a pool and the crew having lots of fun with it.
                I read one but it wasn't a pool it was a shower!
                Originally posted by Arlessiar
                I was wondering about that too. Maybe they can stop at another planet if the need arises!
                *Rodney comes running towards the Jumper, screaming*: "BIIIG ANGRY ANIMAL BEHIND ME!!!" Bye, A.
                Haha! I can see that happening and those bloody writers would do that to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                  So what do you think will snap him out of it? I'm betting on "Grace Under Pressure" for Rodney to get his McKay-ness back. Like what Torrell said in Condemned, motivating McKay with threats to his personal safety doesn't work he's at his best when trying to protect his teammates/comrades. But in "Grace Under Pressure" he's on his own and how will this effect him?

IMO it'll force him to come to terms with his own failings in order to save himself. McKay suffers from some severe insecurities and deep down does he think he's worth saving? If he's going to get out of this then he'll have to get over at least some of those issuses

But I could be completely wrong, reading too much into things, and next episode he'll be back to normal (or almost back to normal) and save Shep from the virtual reality machine in "Aurora". However with "Grace Under Pressure" being slated as 213 and Ephihany as 212 Aurora seems like the only speed-bump in my theory. So what do you all think?
                  I miss McKay's mojo too! I can chalk it up right now to TPTB giving other actors some screentime (after all, Atlantis isn't The Rodney McKay Show. I do wish sometimes though. ) and showing Rodney's guilt/shame/sadness/whathaveyou after
                  Spoiler:
                  the events of Trinity.
                  But I do wonder when we'll see the old, confident, snarky Rodney back. GUP would be a good time for that. I have read that he's
                  Spoiler:
                  apparently going through (a drug? antidepressants? wraith enzyme?) withdrawl
                  in Hive or Lost Boys, so it could happen there too.

And regarding GUP, I think your idea of having Rodney
                  Spoiler:
                  think he's not worth saving is a great one and would be a great ep for both Rodney and Hewlett. I was wondering why he was by himself in the PJ anyway; was it because someone was in with him and they died or because he wanted some alone time? I'm still convinced we're not actually seeing Sam this ep; rather she's going to be in his head. Would be awfully funny and cute if she actually did show up in the end though.

I'm also a bit bummed by SG plot recycling, especially since we're only in s2! It's one thing to take and redo typical scifi plot lines, but taking one from your parent show is a tad odd. I'm still waiting for the team to explore Atlantis more; the city was the major thing that differentiated SG1 and SGA for me. Ah well, the recycled scifi plots look like they've even gotten to BSG, the newest trailer shows that
                  Spoiler:
                  the fleet gets infiltrated by a cyclon computer virus.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    I'm still waiting for the team to explore Atlantis more; the city was the major thing that differentiated SG1 and SGA for me.
                    Well I really have to agree with that the only proviso would be that ever time they do explore Atlantis they get into even deeper trouble or just side tracked like with 'Before I sleep' I mean what was the point of that episode other than to replay clips and have them given a sheet of paper that in the end didn't help with the collecting of ZedPM's. If they want to know more about the Ancients the city seems like the best darn place to start!

Comment

McKay swimming lol! I could just see him drowning in 3 foot high water

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Well I am going to sleep now. Glad you have calmed down McKay's girl well at least you have stopped trying to strangle me!

Goodnight.

Comment

Well I am going to sleep now. Glad you have calmed down McKay's girl well at least you have stopped trying to strangle me!

Goodnight.
                          I'm sure you would all react like me if someone asked you 'What's Stargate?' And yeah, I've calmed down, throttling ntl workers is more fun anyway

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Hehehe...yes, I thwacked MG a couple times and just placed Rodney images in her head to make her calm down...either that thunk
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooh he's here just sitting back taking it all in.

This can't be good.

What episode are they from cause he looks as if he is starting to grow a beard!!!!!!!!

Comment

mcalex22, what yahoo group was the video in? cause I want to check it out.

and thanks for the screencaps..He looks sooo cute!
                                Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Working...
                                X