No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wondering when this was gonna come up. I've been wanting to post this cap i have from "Defiant One"

just makes you want to go and give him a gianormous(sp?) hug!
    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      If that's just lively, don't let me see you people get mad!
      Oh trust me, when I get mad, you'll know it. That was just... mildly irritated.

Comment

I was just about to start one of these, but you beat me to it, Shadow.

Here's my contribution...
        Liaison of F.O.R.D.
        Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Wow! I just spent the past 4 hours reading this entire thread. Maybe my roommy is right about me being obessed. Well, only for McKay ; I wouldn't do it for any other character on Atlantis, or SG-1 for that matter. I love McKay, I have since 48 Hours, and I only like him more and more as his character continues to develop. But now that I've said my piece, do continue...

And that's my two cents...
          My LiveJournal
          ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

You guys read my mind. I was just thinking that it was so unfair that Sheppard, Beckett, and Ford all had thunk threads and poor McKay didn't, especially since he's equally deserving (if not more so ). Good to know that I wasn't the only one who noticed the lack. Thanks for all the lovely pics . Keep 'em coming .

And that's my two cents...
            My LiveJournal
            ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Hi Everyone. I've been reading the forum for a while and thought I should actually start posting!

I'm a huge Mckay/Hewlett fan. Cube is one of my favourite movies, and it took me a few episodes of Atlantis to realise that my favourite character from Cube was played by the same guy. I felt a bit dim

Anyways, I was listening to the DVD commentary by Hewlett et al. for the first time yesterday and made a few screen caps while I was at it.

I hope it's okay to post three all at once!

Avreana

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                I'm wondering if there are any shirtless DH photos laying about anywhere. Does that make me incredibly shallow?
                I don't know if there is any laying around but didn't David take his shirt off in Darklighter?

And Shipperahoy, you are not incredibly shallow.

Comment

I'm so happy there's a pro David/McKay thread finally.
                  And all the pics look good.
                  Anyone seen him in Boa vs. Python? At times its decent and the rest of time its so bad its good but his acting is pretty much the best in the whole film and even with him not being the main character as such they put his name first in the opening credits.
                  I really must see more of his films and I never even realised he was in the Cube until I saw his imdb entry - had been so sure that was Julian McMahon (who is himself lovely) when I first saw it!

Oh and I thought everyone here might be interested in this yahoogroup called Yay! McKay! - they have regular McKay fanfic postings etc.
                  http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/yay_mckay/

Comment

Originally posted by Avreana
                    Hi Everyone. I've been reading the forum for a while and thought I should actually start posting!

I'm a huge Mckay/Hewlett fan. Cube is one of my favourite movies, and it took me a few episodes of Atlantis to realise that my favourite character from Cube was played by the same guy. I felt a bit dim

Anyways, I was listening to the DVD commentary by Hewlett et al. for the first time yesterday and made a few screen caps while I was at it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a/PDVD_000.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a/PDVD_007.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a/PDVD_009.jpg

I hope it's okay to post three all at once!

Avreana

He is in the Cube? Wow, I've watched that movie a few times, but didn't notice...I guess it's time to watch it again.

I think he is great as McKay!!!
                    Don't know what it is, but he has that certain something....
                    You hate to love him and you love to hate him..
                    So he makes you hate and love him at the same time!

Okay...hope it works:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nUMb
                      Well
                      If you recall, McKay has this bad habbit of pre-judging people! (Weir in the last episode NUTS?, The ancient girl an episode before (he scanned her?). If this is you're way of McKay being polite or is this the way an person in a research team should bahave, than i definetly dissagre with you! But if you say he is changing because he started to care a little bit, i say he isnt. He just realized that he will not survive in an explorer team if he does not care for others, coz. then in one moment suddenly others wont care for him! That is selfish and so him!

Sorry, but as i said before. This is my oppinion!
                      Well he often just says things that everyone else only thinks, almost devils advocate, but Anya did this in Buffy as did Cordelia to a lesser extent - its useful and fun for writers to have characters like this. If they all agreed it would be boring and unrealistic.
                      As for his scanning the girl Chaya in the epsiode before (you should probably should put spoilers around that bit since not everyone knows or wants to know what she is) he did have a reason, she wasn't being truthful after all.

you think its selfish to want to survive? All the team wants to survive tohugh.
                      And if he was only helping others to keep himself alive then alot of the things he's done which could (and in some cases did/he thought would for certain) kill him would make no sense for him to do whatsoever.

if you want a real example of the jerk on atlantis think Kavanaugh, the ponytail guy who was for sure a completely self-centred and arrogant scientist in 38 minutes. He cared more for his ego and reputation and for saving his own arse than for the lives of the others - he even wasted valuable time on that that he should have been using to hlep them.
                      Compare him to McKay; you'll find McKay makes mistakes and whines and is presumptious and has a whole host of flaws but they don't (since he learnt his mistake in Sg1's 48 hours) put others at risk and from his actions over the first season of Atlantis he does think of others alot more than you seemed to have noticed. Sure he's cowardly, he has fear and is selfish (like most humans are), but importantly he still comes through when push comes to shove and its more meaningful to get over your fear and do good than never to have that fear and be an ignorant hero.

Comment

He's arrogant, he mouths offs, he likes to be the center of attention, but when someone is in trouble, he's usually one of the first to suggest rescue and he's put his life on the line for the sake of others a few times, now. He'll make sacrifices for the greater good... but he also makes sure everyone knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          He's arrogant, he mouths offs, he likes to be the center of attention, but when someone is in trouble, he's usually one of the first to suggest rescue and he's put his life on the line for the sake of others a few times, now. He'll make sacrifices for the greater good... but he also makes sure everyone knows about it.
                          That is true, Shadow. That's what makes him different from the others. If he wasn't the things you said, he wouldn't be McKay.

I personally like McKay the way he is. And if TPTB want to change him, do it little by little but keep him basically what we have come to know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            And if TPTB want to change him, do it little by little but keep him basically what we have come to know and love.
                            CHANGE him?! No, no, no, no... You can't change his essential McKay-ness without destroying the character completely. McKay wouldn't be McKay if he wasn't snarky and obnoxious.

However, if there was a storyline where something happened that completely devastated him and left him a broken shell of himself... it might be interesting to watch his recovery as he moves from being strangely meek and self-effacing back to his former condescending self. That might be more suited to fics than the show, though.

Comment

CHANGE him?! No, no, no, no... You can't change his essential McKay-ness without destroying the character completely. McKay wouldn't be McKay if he wasn't snarky and obnoxious.
                              He wouldn't be the character that we know without those things, but I don't think they'll get rid of that completely any more then Teal'c's silent strength (just a sketchy comparison)

But make no mistake, they are indeed changing him. Just compare Mckay from "Rising" to McKay in the summer finale's "Storm". He's already changed a lot.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I can't believe poor Rodney doesn't have his own thunk thread yet!

. . .
                                McKay is just my type: a buff geek. He's arrogant, he's sarcastic, he's rude... and he's absolutely adorable! A great brain in a great bod and he has MY sense of humor. That's both terrible and terribly attactive. I love a guy who can give as good as he takes...

*ahem* Anyway, this thread is for those who love McKay (and the delectable David). Anyone wishing to bash the character/actor, anyone wishing to voice complaints, anyone who can't imagine what we could possibly see in McKay/Hewlett are welcome to voice their opinions elsewhere. This thread is definitely PRO-McKay!

Welcome to the playground, kiddies.
                                Now there is snark! Snarkiness and McKay-- I just get this delicious anticipation of his next snide remark. And then a smile spreads across my face when it comes. Then again I have this thing for the love/hate attitude with Zipacna, Herak, and McKay. Although I must admit I like McKay more than I despise him.

He's just so . . . I don't know.
                                spoiler if you haven't seen the eye and the storm
                                I loved that quote about him being a big headed sarcastic man and that he thinks all his ideas will work! LOVE that one!

Comment

Working...
                                X