Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
    Hee hee hee.
    I found the website for the Rodney Strong winery here. Some of the wines are described as "rich, harmonious, powerful, and elegant", "soft, rich, mouth filling" , "Light, crisp, and highly aromatic", "a compelling and thoroughly satisfying experience" , and "Supple in texture". Oh man, I gotta go lie down.
    Alright you advertising genius'! You have your ammo, fire away.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Look I will be back in a minute but I was reading the SciFi.about interview he did and I am a big puddle of *Squee* at the moment, he loves Dr Who, Bladerunner and Monty Phython! I want to marry him. I must go and rest before I thunk I have to keep my energy up some Power Bars I think. *Squee* Haha.

Comment

How dissapointing our little Thunk got bumped to 2nd page! I can't post any pics either because Photobucket or something is down, geez third time this week. So anyway just to try and get this thread back where it belongs Page 1 thank you. I am posting this, ha.

Oh I saw the inflatable daleks today at my local import shop, I am so going to get one! It's Red though, I want a black one.

Comment

So are we onto discussing 38 minutes yet? If so here are some questions.

Is Rodney actually claustrophobic, or was it just the stress of the situation that brought out those feelings in him?

If he is claustrophobic, can you see him admitting this when not in such a situation? As in would he admit to it when it's not useful to him? (where as in the jumper is excused his panic slightly)

Was he really going to go into hypoglycemic shock (raising the question of is he really hypoglycemic or jsut a hypochrondriac) or did eating that powerbar for something to do rather than talk (hence panic) or be involved in the situation with Sheppard?

Do you think this is the first time he'd been put under such pressure? (since there is not much evidence of when it takes place - Hide and Seek they'd only been there 3 days and I'd hazard this happens within the first fortnight if not week)

What state do you think the McKay/Sheppard relationship/friendship was in when the events happened? And how did that effect Rodney?

How do you take what happened at the end when Rodney attempted to get Ford through the vent horizon despite having previously complained about not wanting death by decompression; is it his selflessness showing through, is it his instinct to protect Ford as younger and his team mate or is it guilt, does he feel responsible for the situation somehow?

Finally, how do you think the events of this episode effected him long term; how did they change him?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            How dissapointing our little Thunk got bumped to 2nd page! I can't post any pics either because Photobucket or something is down, geez third time this week. So anyway just to try and get this thread back where it belongs Page 1 thank you. I am posting this, ha.

Oh I saw the inflatable daleks today at my local import shop, I am so going to get one! It's Red though, I want a black one.
            Page 2!
            Hoping photobucket gets up again so I have some place to put my screencaps!

Comment

A lot of people thought McKay was too whinny in this one but I thought if he hadn't of panicked the way he had that that just wouldn't have been McKay at all. It wouldn’t have been true to the character. I know if I was stuck in a small space like that knowing my death was only 30 minutes away I would of panicked.

I think it was really the first time that he had been in imminent danger of dying in a situation that seemed impossible to fix. This episode was a bit like 48 Hours just in reverse. I don't know if TPTB did that on purpose or not. In 48 Hours when Tealc was stuck in the gate it looked impossible to save him and McKay just wrote him off as a casualty. Now McKay was stuck in the gate, so to speak, and there were scientists ::cough::Kavanagh::cough:: who were willing to write him off as well. I think that now, McKay wont be so willing to give someone up for dead like he was before.
              Last edited by GatetheWay; 26 June 2005, 01:03 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

I think that's a good point, GateTheWay, and I'd never noticed that before.

I also think that if McKay hadn't panicked like he did, the episode wouldn't have been as suspenseful. It was McKay's near-constant state of panic that really gave the episode that extra bit of tension.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

I've seen one of those red inflatable daleks, i hate it when people change the colour of stuff like that.

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                    I've seen one of those red inflatable daleks, i hate it when people change the colour of stuff like that.
                    We will have to put our own inflatable Black Daleks out with a bonus inflatable Rodney McKay!

Comment

We will have to put our own inflatable Black Daleks out with a bonus inflatable Rodney McKay!
                      Ah but then you'd need an inflatable TARDIS to have a set (I know I've mentioned this before but I have my heart set on one and can't believe they've not made them yet! ) Oddly I can sort of imagine an inflatable Rodney looking a bit like the lego one in circles has...
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 26 June 2005, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                        Ah but then you'd need an inflatable TARDIS to have a set (I know I've mentioned this before but I have my heart set on one and can't believe they've not made them yet! ) Oddly I can sort of imagine an inflatable Rodney looking a bit like the lego one in circles has...
                        Accessories, inflatable Power Bars, coffee mug, cat! Where would it end?

Comment

Accessories, inflatable Power Bars, coffee mug, cat! Where would it end?
                          Ah but you can get all those normally - but inflatable TARDIS and Daleks make sense since you can't just get them otherwise!

Comment

What? Where do you get an inflatable Power Bar? A mug, even a cat I would believe but a PB? Your pulling my leg.

Comment

Inflatable thunking i see

Dont forget the inflatable ZPM!

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Haha, yes I am all over the inflatable McKay, so to speak. "Thunk".

Comment

Working...
                                X