Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
    I think the gene is a good theory. Maybe they didn't outright say it because with the gene therapy Rodney has the gene too?
    I think it had more to do with expectations. Rodney was familiar with the SGC, so it would seem more real to him. Until it wasn't, because the Mist didn't understand the ZPM physics like Rodney does. That's when Rodney suspected something was wrong.

Rodney, Elizabeth and Ford all knew the SGC and their memories reinforced the images the Mist was sharing among them. John was new to the mission and since he had no strong expectations, maybe he was more sensitive to how things were feeling "off." Really, would General Hammond send him and Teyla off base without hours and hours of debriefing?

Rodney gives his hand pop of delight.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I'm just going to keep going. By the schedule we are a month behind...

The Storm!
      1. Rodney is a meteorologist too, lol?
      2. Colliding hurricanes? I saw this movie. Everything freezes...
      3. That is some beautiful Gothic furniture on that planet. Seriously.
      4. Wow...threatening the population that is supposed to take you in. That won't backfire at all...
      5. McKay sarcasm level: Highest.
      6. Not Superman...heh...
      7. Radek and McKay thinking the same idea at the same time. Perfect.
      8. You know your entire village needs to evacuate and you decide to go hunting?!
      9. McKay's expression at John's theory question, lol.
      10. Bacon.
      11. Sora realizing she might be in over her head.
      12. Rodney is very calm being questioned and threatened.
      13. Sora is so annoying.
      14. Rodney!!!
      15. Sora realizing Kolya is crazy and there is no "might" and she is in over her head.
      16. How does Kolya know about the specifics of the self destruct?

Rodney is so brave in this one!!

Comment

I'm just going to keep going. By the schedule we are a month behind...

The Storm!
        1. Rodney is a meteorologist too, lol?
        2. Colliding hurricanes? I saw this movie. Everything freezes...
        3. That is some beautiful Gothic furniture on that planet. Seriously.
        4. Wow...threatening the population that is supposed to take you in. That won't backfire at all...
        5. McKay sarcasm level: Highest.
        6. Not Superman...heh...
        7. Radek and McKay thinking the same idea at the same time. Perfect.
        8. You know your entire village needs to evacuate and you decide to go hunting?!
        9. McKay's expression at John's theory question, lol.
        10. Bacon.
        11. Sora realizing she might be in over her head.
        12. Rodney is very calm being questioned and threatened.
        13. Sora is so annoying.
        14. Rodney!!!
        15. Sora realizing Kolya is crazy and there is no "might" and she is in over her head.
        16. How does Kolya know about the specifics of the self destruct?

Rodney is so brave in this one!!
        Lets be honest, Rodney is jack of all trades kind of scientist. The exception is medicine and biology in general if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
          Lets be honest, Rodney is jack of all trades kind of scientist. The exception is medicine and biology in general if I'm not mistaken
          LOL! True. AKA "TPTB needed a science plot and did not want to introduce a new character/needed something for Rodney to do."

Comment

Sorry for my absence...It's to my shame I've fallen back into another old fandom these last few weeks (check my location - it can be inescapable at times )

I'll be back with you all very very soon
            Last edited by sueKay; 08 December 2015, 08:41 AM.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Rodney and Radek have a plan to save Atlantis.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

From David's 2015-12-08 youtube video "Doctor Whool...and other news!"

My kind of guy:

Comment

how did I miss that? :O aww well thanks for posting!! <3 gave you green!

Comment

David in Darklight (2004)

My kind of guy:

Comment

David in On the 2nd Day of Christmas (1997).

My kind of guy:

Comment

Here's something David's involved in. It's Science, not Fiction! It fits in nicely with his Upgrade Required documentary.

OpenBCI: Biosensing for Everybody

My kind of guy:

Comment

I for one really want to revive this thread, so how can we get this rewatch back on track? Should we make a new schedule? Would it be better to just be lazy about it until January?

Maybe we could all try to finish season one by January (at our own paces) and then start fresh with season two in the new year?

Comment

I for one really want to revive this thread, so how can we get this rewatch back on track? Should we make a new schedule? Would it be better to just be lazy about it until January?

Maybe we could all try to finish season one by January (at our own paces) and then start fresh with season two in the new year?
                            Do you know about the episode discussion forum? Back when the shows were airing live, I had many a good back and forth on those threads.

http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/13...ral-Discussion

I see on the main Gateworld page they're rewatching "Enemy at the Gate" but I don't know where they're discussing it.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Dec 15 is Michael Shanks' birthday, so have a photo from SGA 5x10 "First Contact"

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                Do you know about the episode discussion forum? Back when the shows were airing live, I had many a good back and forth on those threads.

http://forum.gateworld.net/forums/13...ral-Discussion

I see on the main Gateworld page they're rewatching "Enemy at the Gate" but I don't know where they're discussing it.
                                I prefer this rewatch on this page. Everybody is awesome, intellect, and mature. That's why I'm trying to help revive it.

Plus it is celebrating the greatness that is Mckay.

Comment

Working...
                                X