No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curses! My own volume 1 disk is missing...looks like I'll be netflixing Rising!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well...anyone else watched Rising yet? I did as we have a houseguest for the next couple of days so I might not get a chance to watch it later...Here's some observations:

1. Ah that sense of wonder when we first see Atlantis! I got so excited the first time I saw this! The vfx in Atlantis still rivals those on most shows today.
      2. Rodney's first line - “Carson, get back here.”
      3. That orange fleece.
      4. Aw...Rodney's disappointment at not having ATA.
      5. Yeah McKay, great plan getting Beckett to sit in the chair...In saying that it's how Sheppard ends up getting read into the program in the first place!
      6. Quick aside – I still don't think Rainbow Franks has aged a day since this was made.
      7. Rodney doesn't look overly thrilled at the prospect of going to Atlantis when Daniel suggests it.
      8. Zed-PM...And hand gestures
      9. Weir says every member of her team is prepared to make a one-way trip to Atlantis. Rodney looks less than happy at that!
      10. Did McKay already meet Sheppard on his way to the base? He already knows that Sheppard's a Major. I wonder if Sheppard was McKay's taxi's to the base lol
      11. Poor Rodney, giving up his cat.
      12. That shirt.
      13. His first genuine smile is when the ZPM rig lights up
      14. Rodney looks like he's bricking it when the gate's dialing
      15. And looks a bit panicky on Atlantis after the gate shuts down
      16. Even Dr-I'm-not-impressed-by-the-Stargate is amazed by his first glimpse of the city
      17. Rodney the doom merchant... “If we don't stop what we're doing right now we're dead!”
      18. Aside - Who the heck was in charge of hair for this episode?
      19. Weir's pretty indecisive over what to do when the shield's going to collapse...a level-headed Rodney keeps her in check. First sign that Rodney under pressure is the best Rodney.
      20. I will never get bored of watching Atlantis rise
      21. Another aside – you'd think a substantial chunk of the expedition were Canadian...I've counted a number of people wearing Canadian flags. Think I might go back at some point and count them all.
      22. The most irksome blooper of Rising – when Sheppard gates in with the Athosians there's no shaky cam, but there is before and after.
      23. Yet another aside – Sheppard undergoes a personality transplant between parts 1 and 2 (but judging by things Joe's said at cons I think that was at the producer's request)
      24. From the outset Weir's about the only one who can stop Rodney from moaning without telling him to. The rest of the expedition have to tell him to zip it.
      25. Rodney's already on a first name basis with Carson, and obviously already knows Elizabeth and Peter through Antarctica.

Well...thoroughly enjoyed watching Rising again!!! Out of the three pilots for Stargate, I think Rising is easily the strongest. It's clear from this episode though that Rodney was originally going to be a supporting character, instead of co-lead like he would become pretty quickly. I also sense he (or rather the original character Ingram) was supposed to be Weir's confidante.
      sigpic

Comment

^that is a lot of observations! Good on you!

I love the outfit Rodney is wearing when he leaves his cat with his neighbor.
        And, yes, the hand gestures are too adorable when he's explaining what a Zedpm is.

The orange fleece of yumminess...

...with hand gestures. And bonus smile.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
        Curses! My own volume 1 disk is missing...looks like I'll be netflixing Rising!
        So's mine. Haven't had a chance to look for it yet. (I may do that now...or after dinner). I REALLY wanna watch "Rising"!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

And, yes, the hand gestures are too adorable when he's explaining what a Zedpm is.
          I really don't like Rodney's dress sense lol...In saying that I prefer this shirt to the suit he worse in Universe..

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps9sl3v0rv.jpg
          I figured out how to screencap from Netflix today...might post come caps

I wonder if that was David's fleece or if he stole it from wardrobe

So's mine. Haven't had a chance to look for it yet. (I may do that now...or after dinner). I REALLY wanna watch "Rising"!
          I gave up looking and netflixed it :\
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 12 October 2015, 06:31 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
          sigpic

Comment

No-one else watched Rising yet?
            sigpic

Comment

Nope. Was going to today but non-computer stuff got in the way. I will be able to on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
                Nope. Was going to today but non-computer stuff got in the way. I will be able to on Friday.
                No probs, I know you've had stuff on this week ***hugs***
                sigpic

Comment

Ah well...here's some caps from Rising

The orange fleece

Poor kitty, poor McKay

What me? Terrified of going through the gate? Nope, not all!!

McKay telling Weir what she has to do
                  sigpic

Comment

Well...anyone else watched Rising yet? I did as we have a houseguest for the next couple of days so I might not get a chance to watch it later...Here's some observations:

1. Ah that sense of wonder when we first see Atlantis! I got so excited the first time I saw this! The vfx in Atlantis still rivals those on most shows today.
                    2. Rodney's first line - “Carson, get back here.”
                    3. That orange fleece.
                    4. Aw...Rodney's disappointment at not having ATA.
                    5. Yeah McKay, great plan getting Beckett to sit in the chair...In saying that it's how Sheppard ends up getting read into the program in the first place!
                    6. Quick aside – I still don't think Rainbow Franks has aged a day since this was made.
                    7. Rodney doesn't look overly thrilled at the prospect of going to Atlantis when Daniel suggests it.
                    8. Zed-PM...And hand gestures
                    9. Weir says every member of her team is prepared to make a one-way trip to Atlantis. Rodney looks less than happy at that!
                    10. Did McKay already meet Sheppard on his way to the base? He already knows that Sheppard's a Major. I wonder if Sheppard was McKay's taxi's to the base lol
                    11. Poor Rodney, giving up his cat.
                    12. That shirt.
                    13. His first genuine smile is when the ZPM rig lights up
                    14. Rodney looks like he's bricking it when the gate's dialing
                    15. And looks a bit panicky on Atlantis after the gate shuts down
                    16. Even Dr-I'm-not-impressed-by-the-Stargate is amazed by his first glimpse of the city
                    17. Rodney the doom merchant... “If we don't stop what we're doing right now we're dead!”
                    18. Aside - Who the heck was in charge of hair for this episode?
                    19. Weir's pretty indecisive over what to do when the shield's going to collapse...a level-headed Rodney keeps her in check. First sign that Rodney under pressure is the best Rodney.
                    20. I will never get bored of watching Atlantis rise
                    21. Another aside – you'd think a substantial chunk of the expedition were Canadian...I've counted a number of people wearing Canadian flags. Think I might go back at some point and count them all.
                    22. The most irksome blooper of Rising – when Sheppard gates in with the Athosians there's no shaky cam, but there is before and after.
                    23. Yet another aside – Sheppard undergoes a personality transplant between parts 1 and 2 (but judging by things Joe's said at cons I think that was at the producer's request)
                    24. From the outset Weir's about the only one who can stop Rodney from moaning without telling him to. The rest of the expedition have to tell him to zip it.
                    25. Rodney's already on a first name basis with Carson, and obviously already knows Elizabeth and Peter through Antarctica.

Well...thoroughly enjoyed watching Rising again!!! Out of the three pilots for Stargate, I think Rising is easily the strongest. It's clear from this episode though that Rodney was originally going to be a supporting character, instead of co-lead like he would become pretty quickly. I also sense he (or rather the original character Ingram) was supposed to be Weir's confidante.
                    wow didn't know we had to take notes O_O lol jk yeah a lot of memories and that excitement when it begins. though it does bring back bitter sweet pangs I miss this show. I love Weir and I love Shepard in these episodes. What I liked most about Atlantis is that it was character centric and I got attached to a lot of the characters.

About several of your points, yeah a lot of things I never noticed until you mentioned them haha. like that he was on first name basis with Carson and that he knew Shepard's rank. Also I never noticed that Rodney is very grounding for Weir and helps her make the right decisions. omg yes! it is so beautiful to see the city rise from the ocean!! Wow your right about Shepard's personality change :O I liked the first one . I don't think Rainbow Franks has aged a day either, he was always the hotter of the main cast (then they consigned him to cameos at the end of the series) overall good observations sueKay!

I did really love how McKay developed from SG1. less of an ******* more of a flawed genius that is quiet lovable.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post

[IMG]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t344/katydid29/Stargate%20SGA/rodney-mckay-orange-fleece_zps9sl3v0rv.jpg

Aww that's smile is so cute!

yeah, that orange fleece is looking sexy! Its really cute on Rodney XD

I really don't like Rodney's dress sense lol...In saying that I prefer this shirt to the suit he worse in Universe..

I gave up looking and netflixed it :\
                    haha yeah.. but, its okay we forgive him right?

cool! wonder is I can with Amazon Video? O_O

I gave up too I'm using Amazon Prime video.

I was working two 14 hr shifts two days in a row at work and then Wednesday I was catching up on sleep. I got to watch it today though
                    Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
                    I understand

Ah well...here's some caps from Rising

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_331_06102015_020344_439_zpsfalzfkoy.png
                    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_453_06102015_020850_841_zpsxhpkxq2c.png
                    The orange fleece

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_560_06102015_022935_530_zpsyzrbizxt.png
                    Poor kitty, poor McKay

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_695_06102015_023514_618_zpssdj3tk0l.png
                    What me? Terrified of going through the gate? Nope, not all!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_724_06102015_023627_479_zpsipjon8zy.png

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/capture_106_06102015_150006_094_zpsgmtmyy8m.png
                    McKay telling Weir what she has to do
                    very nice collection of highlights

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                      wow didn't know we had to take notes O_O lol jk yeah a lot of memories and that excitement when it begins. though it does bring back bitter sweet pangs I miss this show. I love Weir and I love Shepard in these episodes. What I liked most about Atlantis is that it was character centric and I got attached to a lot of the characters.
                      I got really attached to the characters...I adore them. It was seamless casting as well - they all just gelled together. When I watch Rising though the thing that I'm most aware of is all the wasted potential. We never saw the actual city properly for one (though that was down to the budget), but there was so much left to explore character and plot-wise at the end...such a pity.

About several of your points, yeah a lot of things I never noticed until you mentioned them haha. like that he was on first name basis with Carson and that he knew Shepard's rank. Also I never noticed that Rodney is very grounding for Weir and helps her make the right decisions. omg yes! it is so beautiful to see the city rise from the ocean!! Wow your right about Shepard's personality change :O I liked the first one . I don't think Rainbow Franks has aged a day either, he was always the hotter of the main cast (then they consigned him to cameos at the end of the series) overall good observations sueKay!
                      Thank you

Rodney is so supportive of Weir all the way through, and I was kind of pissed off that they never really showed how he reacted to her death...And also when Teyla announced her pregnancy - no reaction to that either though we got to see everyone else's.

They really screwed up with Ford...Rainbow played the character as best as he or any actor could have given how little they wrote for him...Ford could have been a really interesting character too.

I did really love how McKay developed from SG1. less of an ******* more of a flawed genius that is quiet lovable.
                      Yeah I love how he went from obnoxious irritant to arrogant scientist with a heart of gold

I was working two 14 hr shifts two days in a row at work and then Wednesday I was catching up on sleep. I got to watch it today though
                      Yikes, but yay!
                      sigpic

Comment

I got really attached to the characters...I adore them. It was seamless casting as well - they all just gelled together. When I watch Rising though the thing that I'm most aware of is all the wasted potential. We never saw the actual city properly for one (though that was down to the budget), but there was so much left to explore character and plot-wise at the end...such a pity.

Thank you

Rodney is so supportive of Weir all the way through, and I was kind of pissed off that they never really showed how he reacted to her death...And also when Teyla announced her pregnancy - no reaction to that either though we got to see everyone else's.

They really screwed up with Ford...Rainbow played the character as best as he or any actor could have given how little they wrote for him...Ford could have been a really interesting character too.

Yeah I love how he went from obnoxious irritant to arrogant scientist with a heart of gold

Yikes, but yay!
                        Very seamless! The characters had a wonderful dynamic with each other! I cried pretty hard when Carson was killed, they brought him back but its seemed really half baked :/ It would have been nice to see the city proper but, as you say that is expensive. Exactly! so many things left unresolved! there was so much to develop and it could have gone strong for at least one more season.

Yeah, its really sad. now that I actually see this relationship he had with Weir he must have been affected. And of course his completely cold and dismissive reaction when they sent the replicator Weir to oblivion was very strange to put it mildly

Spoilers for people who haven't seen the SGA replicator arc and for non McKay related stuff
                        Spoiler:
                        Also, Weir, another tragedy. It was weird that they didn't have an alternative for either replicator Weir or for the Asuran replicators other then just kill them all. Their code could be tampered with as proven by the Wraith and he (McKay) could have just modified the code to say, "kill wraith, protect non-wraith" As a fan of the bug people I felt rather pissed at the narrow mindedness of the writers. McKay would have been able to fix their code!

"and then ford became addicted to that enzyme wraith inject to their victims and he acts nothing like the ford we knew and loved and then dies." An example of character development gone very wrong.

I am shamed to admit by season 5 I was McKayed out. There was one writer who really liked that character and made it focus on him too much to the point where I was sick of hearing about him. As I rewatch the early episodes it has just enough that you want to see him more but, doesn't shove it down your throat how awesome he is. I guess when we get to that point in the rewatch I'll see how I feel now about it now.

Comment

I don't think I ever got McKay'd out, though he did get shoehorned into episodes that didn't fit his character *cough cough* Brainstorm *cough cough*
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Rodney dresses like the geek that he is. And that's okay with me.

Awesome.

I think he pilfered it from set at some point. Unless he actually asked to keep it.

Sorry. I still haven't found my disc yet. I looked for quite a while today.

These. Are. AMAZING! Thunk you so much!

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                            Me too!

Aww that's smile is so cute!
                            It so is!

yeah, that orange fleece is looking sexy! Its really cute on Rodney XD
                            He wears it so well.

I don't think I ever got McKay'd out, though he did get shoehorned into episodes that didn't fit his character *cough cough* Brainstorm *cough cough*
                            I like "Brainstorm" ...Rodney with the axe!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

okay yeah thats more accurate actually.

Comment

David's posted a new video

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X