No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ack, I love that photo, he just looks so....soo...YUM!! And heh, I just noticed something, that lovely tiger painting/hanging in the background. I love tigers, Rodney has wonderful taste

I just picked up Rodney, the cat (as I'm calling him) today. He doesn't have blue eyes, but he's an adorable orange and white kitten. He meows alot, probably complaining about something or other haven't got pics yet, but expect them later this week....

http://queenkale.deviantart.com
    "Man's main task in life is to give birth to himself, to become what he potentially is.
    The most important product of his effort is his own personaility."-Erich Framm
    "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing
    Only I will remain."

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale
      Ack, I love that photo, he just looks so....soo...YUM!! And heh, I just noticed something, that lovely tiger painting/hanging in the background. I love tigers, Rodney has wonderful taste

I just picked up Rodney, the cat (as I'm calling him) today. He doesn't have blue eyes, but he's an adorable orange and white kitten. He meows alot, probably complaining about something or other haven't got pics yet, but expect them later this week....
      Awwwwwww. (excuse me for the patheticness but I'm a catlover who's deprived of having a cat - housemate is allergic to them ) He sounds so lovely. I always wanted to have a ginger cat and they're pretty much always male. Looking forward to photos.

And er, I'll get back to some capping...

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKale

I agree, I love that pic as well. I normally could care less about a man's legs, they all look the same to me, but that pic makes me thunk over his legs!

And congrats on the kitty!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
        McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
        Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
        McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Doesn't that look like National Geographics on the end table shelf and in the bookcase? What's that twig thing in front of the tiger hanging? It looks like a basket, but really unusual. It could even be a piece of art. Oh, that's a speaker next to the basket. I wonder if Rodney plays video games?

That's a really nice lamp with its stained glass shade. And what's that gizmo on top of the table?

What kind of snack food was Rodney eating? There's one on the floor below Rodney's elbow. They look like french fries. Do they make potato snacks that look like french fries?

Heh. I think it would have been fun to be the set decorator for Rodney's apartment. I want to see his room in Atlantis. We've seen Sheppard's, Ford's and Teyla's.

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

Doesn't that look like National Geographics on the end table shelf and in the bookcase? What's that twig thing in front of the tiger hanging? It looks like a basket, but really unusual. It could even be a piece of art. Oh, that's a speaker next to the basket. I wonder if Rodney plays video games?

That's a really nice lamp with its stained glass shade. And what's that gizmo on top of the table?

What kind of snack food was Rodney eating? There's one on the floor below Rodney's elbow. They look like french fries. Do they make potato snacks that look like french fries?
            I do believe those are National Geographics! Perfect for our little genius The thingy on the table looked like a gun at first but I'm not sure he would have one, and the twig thing next to the tiger looks like a leather/twig purse....

Also, he has a lot of clothes lying around the room....almost like he strips down to watch TV on a regular basis Ok.....must stop thinking about that now. Ok, now. Really....stopping now!

This game is FUN!
            Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
            :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Heh. I think it would have been fun to be the set decorator for Rodney's apartment. I want to see his room in Atlantis. We've seen Sheppard's, Ford's and Teyla's.
              Oh, that lamp looks like another Frank Lloyd Wright inspiration. *LOVE*
              There are dried potato snacks that look like french fries. An example is here. Never tried them, so I don't know if they're any good.
              And I'd also like to see Rodney's room. Maybe in Duet?

Anyway, I got to see the first half of BvP this weekend. The beginning started off entertainingly enough, but I was wondering when we would see DH. He did get the top billing, after all. Only after about 20 minutes into the film did we finally meet him. Oh, and it was worth it! But then I missed the rest so I don't know if he was eaten or what.
              And where do I fit into the clean cut DH vs. long hair DH? The pic says it all:

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                Oh, that lamp looks like another Frank Lloyd Wright inspiration. *LOVE*
                Maybe you and DH/McKay could take a nice vacation to Falling Water. It's verrrry romantic

And where do I fit into the clean cut DH vs. long hair DH? The pic says it all:

No, no, no! Short hair!

Comment

I'm curious what that silver thing is that he's using for a book mark on the table.
                  And I've had those corn fries things, the ones which tend to come in salt n vinegar only.
                  Or maybe he actually went to get said Big Mac et al.

Also, notice the jeans on the floor!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                    Maybe you and DH/McKay could take a nice vacation to Falling Water. It's verrrry romantic
                    Ah, the stuff of dreams. And wouldn't ya know it, last night I had another dream with Jack! At least the rest of the SG1 team was along, but where is my Rodney? *pout*

No, no, no! Short hair!
                    Oh hell, let's settle this once and for all by having a thunderdome match with clean cut vs. scruffy DH. TWO MEN ENTER! ONE MAN LEAVES!

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Also, notice the jeans on the floor!
                    Oh, bonus points for that! He has a tendency to wear jeans! The season 2 promo pics aren't weird after all!
                    (And where are our Rodney promo pics, PTB? We're running out of time before season 2! And don't you dare release them only a couple of days before the premiere either!!)

Comment

Oh hell, let's settle this once and for all by having a thunderdome match with clean cut vs. scruffy DH. TWO MEN ENTER! ONE MAN LEAVES!
                      No, no, no. If there are two to start with then surely they should be left as they are - twice as much after all, everyone happy!
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 21 June 2005, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Well, my take on the whole hair discussion is that the length that it is in SGA to the length of BvP is cute but when it gets to looking like this,

Then it begins to look like we'd be hair twins. That'd just be scary and weird.

For proof, look at this I'm the scary one on the left.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                        Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Renenutet
                          Then it begins to look like we'd be hair twins. That'd just be scary and weird.

For proof, look at this I'm the scary one on the left.
                          Ah but you don't have spikey fringe bit... (your friend's dress is really lovely btw: makes me think LoTR elven, I'd love one of those. Especially nice because it's midsummer today and I'm in a weird shakespearean mood)

And damn, I keep getting distracted from the capping by new emails telling me someone has posted here.

Comment

That's when my hair is tamed. Normally, it flips up at ear level on the sides.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Ah, the stuff of dreams. And wouldn't ya know it, last night I had another dream with Jack! At least the rest of the SG1 team was along, but where is my Rodney? *pout*
                              Don't feel badly....he's never in my dreams either. I think about him as I fall asleep sometimes but he never has the decency to make in into my dreams

mmm! Two McKay's fighting each other....thanks for the visual

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                                mmm! Two McKay's fighting each other....thanks for the visual
                                But all Mckay's hould live in peace! Or if not, then they should be separated, divided off betwen us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X