No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second trailer and a featurette has been added to the official website for the movie Splice. There is a split second more of David as the camera takes a long shot of the table where the two scientists (portrayed by Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley), someone unknown to me, and David are seated.

The split second David.

Spoiler:

Splice opens in the U.S. on June 4, 2010.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
      Seeing as I'm just waiting around at home for a doctor's appointment, I thought I'd try my hand at writing up this little questionnaire for Bushy ( and anybody else who might want to answer, if you prefer it this way to my "love-like-dislike-hate" list format ). I hope this is easier to answer. But don't feel pressured to answer at all, it's just that I'm curious about people's preferences and "squicks", to know what to talk to people about, or what not to talk to them about.

Spoiler:
      * Is Rodney your number one favourite SGA character?
      - If so, is he also your favourite Stargate character?

* Are there any other characters on SGA besides Rodney that you like a lot?

* Or any characters from the other Stargate series?

* Do you like watching or reading about Rodney in a romantic relationship with a woman ( = ship )?
      - If so, with whom?

* Do you like reading about Rodney in a romantic relationship with a man ( = slash )?
      - If so, with whom?

* Are there any romantic pairings you would prefer not to see or read about at all?

* Do you enjoy explicit sex in fanfiction?

* In general, what kind of interpersonal relationships do you prefer in Stargate? Romance? Friendship? Team? Other?

* Do you enjoy hurt/comfort ( = whump )?
      - If so, do you prefer hurt or comfort?
      - Physical or emotional?
      - Are there any injuries or diseases you don't feel comfortable watching on TV or reading about, even if the story doesn't go into gory detail?

- Do you like, or dislike SG-1? How strongly?

- Do you like, or dislike SGU? How strongly?

- Is there anything in Stargate fandom that you go to some lengths to avoid seeing even the mention of? As in, you'd prefer if it wasn't mentioned on this thread. ( Examples can be slash, McKeller, Keller-bashing, SGU, etc. )

- Is there anything in real life that you go to some lengths to avoid seeing even the mention of? As in, you'd prefer if it wasn't mentioned on this thread. ( As in my case, psychiatric problems, especially self-harm of any kind. More common could be for example religion or politics. )
      OMG! That's a great meme Do you mind terribly if I take it and post it on my LJ for me and others to reply?
      Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/watcher652/Atlantis%20Episodes/Season%202/General/02CarsonandRodneySciFi.jpg
      The legs, the legs! *stares*
      Originally posted by BFH_Bushy_Tush View Post
      Not really. There *is* one OC/McKay story that I just *adore*, though. I'll send the link to you later.
      Oooooh, please may I have a peek too?
      Well, I don't actually read fanfiction right now ( except some of Varda's )... It's a long story, but it has to do with whether or not I myself will write again, and if so, how reading other people's fics will influence that possibility. I'm... a bit weird, and I have lots of things to figure out.
      Which is fine! BTW, I followed your links from yesterday about the books and got myself horrifically spoiled, but heh, I like spoilers, especially Rodney ones The overall impression I got was that the books are going to focus equally on all characters, and all the authors for the series of 6 books are women!!! Yay whumpy hopefully
      A second trailer and a featurette has been added to the official website for the movie Splice. There is a split second more of David as the camera takes a long shot of the table where the two scientists (portrayed by Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley), someone unknown to me, and David are seated.
      It looks like that films gonna be like 'Cypher' - um, where's DH? Oooo, there he is! Oh, he's gone again
      McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Well, I don't actually read fanfiction right now ( except some of Varda's )... It's a long story, but it has to do with whether or not I myself will write again, and if so, how reading other people's fics will influence that possibility. I'm... a bit weird, and I have lots of things to figure out.
        Even if you don't read read it, skimming over a few paragraphs might show you a few things that got *me* addicted to the story and could help you in your decision.

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
        Oooooh, please may I have a peek too?
        Not a problem. I'll give you the link once I get home from school.
        ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
        Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
        -
        "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
        Dr. Daniel Jackson
        -
        "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
        Dean Winchester

Comment

Latest tweets from David in Germany:

Spoiler:
          # dhewlett

Worf I mean...damn you beers of Germany! ;-) less than a minute ago via web

* Retweet

# David Hewlett dhewlett

#fedcon just met Spike from Buffy and Warf from Star Trek Next Generation...in the same hour?! Oh yeah and hi Flanigan...whatever! ;-) 8 minutes ago via web

* Retweet

# David Hewlett dhewlett

Germany...where have you been all my life? ;-) I love this place! 14 minutes ago via web
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
          sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
          Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Seeing as I'm just waiting around at home for a doctor's appointment, I thought I'd try my hand at writing up this little questionnaire for Bushy ( and anybody else who might want to answer, if you prefer it this way to my "love-like-dislike-hate" list format ).
            Spoiler:
            * Is Rodney your number one favourite SGA character?
            - If so, is he also your favourite Stargate character?
            Rodney is my favorite SGA and SG character

* Are there any other characters on SGA besides Rodney that you like a lot?
            John, Teyla, Ronon, Carson and Radek

* Or any characters from the other Stargate series?
            O'Neill

* Do you like watching or reading about Rodney in a romantic relationship with a woman ( = ship )?
            Yes
            - If so, with whom?
            Favorite pairing: Elizabeth or Jennifer

* Do you like reading about Rodney in a romantic relationship with a man ( = slash )?
            - If so, with whom?
            Yes, John Sheppard

* Are there any romantic pairings you would prefer not to see or read about at all?
            Rodney/Cadmen....don't know why, just....no..sorry.

* Do you enjoy explicit sex in fanfiction?
            Yes

* In general, what kind of interpersonal relationships do you prefer in Stargate? Romance? Friendship? Team? Other?
            Team/Friendship

* Do you enjoy hurt/comfort ( = whump )?
            Yes

- If so, do you prefer hurt or comfort?
            Enjoy both, but really enjoy seeing comfort after the hurt

- Physical or emotional?
            Either one is good

- Are there any injuries or diseases you don't feel comfortable watching on TV or reading about, even if the story doesn't go into gory detail?
            No

- Do you like, or dislike SG-1? How strongly?
            Love it, brought me into the stargate fandom and then introduced me to Rodney and SGA.

- Do you like, or dislike SGU? How strongly?
            Never watched, never will

- Is there anything in Stargate fandom that you go to some lengths to avoid seeing even the mention of? As in, you'd prefer if it wasn't mentioned on this thread. ( Examples can be slash, McKeller, Keller-bashing, SGU, etc. )
            Bashing of either characters or fans

- Is there anything in real life that you go to some lengths to avoid seeing even the mention of? As in, you'd prefer if it wasn't mentioned on this thread. ( As in my case, psychiatric problems, especially self-harm of any kind. More common could be for example religion or politics. )
            No

Off topic, but it looks like RodneyIsGodney got in a question for this Paul McGillion interview in SciFiAndTvTalk. Congrats!
            Oh, here, I can make this on topic.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...odneySciFi.jpg
            Wow...lucky RiG!
            Thanks for posting the link really enjoyed reading Paul's Q&A and great way to keep the post on topic!

The overall impression I got was that the books are going to focus equally on all characters, and all the authors for the series of 6 books are women!!! Yay whumpy hopefully
            They're all women! Wow! What a twist from the series writers who were all men!

It looks like that films gonna be like 'Cypher' - um, where's DH? Oooo, there he is! Oh, he's gone again
            It does look like it doesn't!

sig by Varda

Comment

*Stops by for a moment with a cute picture of David from Fedcon*:
              http://twitpic.com/1jr4ti

(ETA:found on Twitter, wish I was there to see him!)
              Last edited by Lythisrose; 30 April 2010, 03:19 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                *Stops by for a moment with a cute picture of David from Fedcon*:
                http://twitpic.com/1jr4ti
                OMG!! That is so awesome!!! Thank you for sharing! More Please!!

sig by Varda

Comment

OMG! That's a great meme Do you mind terribly if I take it and post it on my LJ for me and others to reply?
                  Of course not! Just drop me a link..!

Which is fine!
                  Thanks!

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                  Thanks for filling in the survey!

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                  *Stops by for a moment with a cute picture of David from Fedcon*
                  Awww..! It's so cute how he can be an actor with lots of fans... and at the same time be a fanboy geek himself!

Comment

OMG!! That is so awesome!!! Thank you for sharing! More Please!!
                    travelisbliss has 2 more photos:

David at the opening ceremony
                    David with Aaron Douglas (who appeared in 2 SG-1 episodes. One of the episodes was "Redemption part 2" and I know Aaron from that episode because David was in that episode, too!)
                    Last edited by watcher652; 01 May 2010, 09:37 AM. Reason: corrected 2nd link

My kind of guy:
                    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Of course not! Just drop me a link..!
                      Thank you! Here you are

David with Aaron Douglas (who appeared in 2 SG-1 episodes. One of the episodes was "Redemption part 2" and I know Aaron from that episode because David was in that episode, too!)
                      Lovely pic! Both links go to the same one...

Comment

Lovely pic! Both links go to the same one...
                        Oops, cut and paste mistake! I corrected my original post.

Here are some more Fedcon pics.

From FredrikP75:
                        @theaarondouglas handing @dhewlett a bear to strengthen him during his Q&A at #fedcon in Bonn. http://twitpic.com/1jqomf

From fedcon:
                        Now on Stage David Hewlett on #fedcon Mainbridge! http://tweetphoto.com/20528476

My kind of guy:

Comment

Oops, cut and paste mistake! I corrected my original post.

From FredrikP75:
                          @theaarondouglas handing @dhewlett a bear to strengthen him during his Q&A at #fedcon in Bonn. http://twitpic.com/1jqomf

From fedcon:
                          Now on Stage David Hewlett on #fedcon Mainbridge! http://tweetphoto.com/20528476
                          Nice!! Thanks for fixing the linky too. I must say, the size of that stage, and the distance to the audience, is making me feel queasy

Comment

From FredrikP75:

From fedcon:
                            Hey..thanks Watcher for sharing those finds with us!

Hi Varda!
                            You, know I just noticed what your sig is saying..."Side by Side, Together, Real Heroes"....sounds like the title of a story!

sig by Varda

Comment

Hi Varda!
                              You, know I just noticed what your sig is saying..."Side by Side, Together, Real Heroes"....sounds like the title of a story!
                              Oh, hello there! It's actually lyrics from a song - Together, by Lunatica. It has always been a song that screams 'FIC.NOW!' to me But then it'd have to be all armour and swords and wars... Imagine Rodney in real shining armour... ooooh *slurp* Although I (sorta) did it in this one, perhaps a longer tale is needed? I shall add it to my list of WIPs

I just finished my genficathon tale. Only took me this afternoon... which is why I wasn't that worried that I hadn't started it Needs checking and tweaking, but that shouldn't be too major. My muse has now shifted towards the 'Queen of the White Mountain' PJM... Rodney's going to get attacked by a strange woman/being/thing
                              Last edited by x Varda x; 01 May 2010, 02:58 PM. Reason: smiley overload... :rolleyes::mckay:

Comment

That Splice trailer freaked me out, by David looked as lovely as ever
                                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X