Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
    Hi there! I keep meaning to start watching SGA from the beginning again, but my XBox keeps distracting me...
    No need to about that! It's probably a good thing, because it means the episodes will be even more enjoyable if you wait for a while before rewatching them. I just had to start over again, because I didn't enjoy season 5 as much as the earlier ones ( + I didn't enjoy something else I "gave a chance"... ) so I needed something that made me happy. I was afraid I was ready to leave Stargate fandom after only a year, but I think I just needed to find my way back to what I enjoyed! And focus on real life stuff before I start fandom projects.

Comment

I love your banner Tinah! ^__^

I gots a random question concerning banners, how big do they have to be?

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post

I gots a random question concerning banners, how big do they have to be?
        Quoted from the 'Edit Sig' page:-

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 180 pixels or 53.7 KB (whichever is smaller). Although if your pic is too big, it will just cut off after a certain point, so the dimensions don't really matter any more. But the KB size is to prevent slow loading times

I can edit anything down to the right dimensions if anyone wants me to
        McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Thanks! I'll probably replace it in a couple of weeks though, I feel like I'm... baiting people. But I just wanted to have my say before moving on. Also, I'm learning ( sloooowly ) to use GIMP, so it was a learning experience to make it, regardless of the value of the message. There's such a crazy lot of things you can do with GIMP, but I like keeping my images simple and uncluttered.

I wonder what to do for my next siggie? It'll be something with Rodney again, I think. I like to use my siggie to express a central part of who I am in Stargate fandom, my likings or an opinion that's currently important to me. "Thunker" and "whumper" of Rodney still applies, but I seem to have lost interest in slash ( referring to my first siggie ).

EDIT: For my siggies, I go by the rules in this post. It says 200 instead of 180. But when it comes to height, the forum automatically cuts the siggie off if it's too big. Or at least it did a while ago.
          Last edited by Tinah; 22 October 2009, 12:02 PM. Reason: Added information

Comment

Hello good peoples! They finally let me outta work!

Originally posted by Nanjana View Post
            Hi

Thank you, glad that you liked it! It's also my favorit as you can see!
            Great stuff, love the icons!
            Hiya, I do indeed see that it's your fave. Do you mind if I use it for Halloween too? I may make a few scary sigs for the holiday and rotate them, I'd like to include yours too, if I may?

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
            http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...tl_409_703.jpg

*needs a hug*

Hi. Just dropping in. Nothing to say really, except I've started rewatching SGA season 1 ( yes, again! ) and I realized that I'm still having a huge crush on Rodney. He makes me smile. The early seasons of SGA make me feel good. But I have no energy or inspiration to be an active part in fandom because all that boring real life stuff has to take precedence. I hope there will still be people in this thread when I return.
            Oh, there will be. There will be. Don't worry your pretty little head about it. Oh, and great pic!

I love the second one... and the 'crazy' one... oh and the first one... aw, hell, I love them all!
            Thanx! Maybe I should make icons late at night more often. It helps that I was inspired by Casett's LJ.

Hi there! I keep meaning to start watching SGA from the beginning again, but my XBox keeps distracting me...
            That darn XBox!

Oh and I changed my profile pic to this super hotness
            http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Trinity-1.jpg
            Niiiiiice!

Quoted from the 'Edit Sig' page:-

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 180 pixels or 53.7 KB (whichever is smaller). Although if your pic is too big, it will just cut off after a certain point, so the dimensions don't really matter any more. But the KB size is to prevent slow loading times

I can edit anything down to the right dimensions if anyone wants me to
            Hmm, I thought it was 700 x 200 pixels, no? Did they change it? And I thought it was 50KB's...

Speaking of sigs, noticed your new one...I wonder who you got that idea from?
            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 22 October 2009, 01:35 PM.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              That darn XBox!
              However, tonight I wrote 3000 words (chapter 3 and 4 of my fic) Now I'm going to 'get political'
              Hmm, I thought it was 700 x 200 pixels, no? Did they change it? And I thought it was 50KB's...
              That's a direct quote from the edit sig page. 200 is the total height of the sig (as per Tinah's comment)

*bye*
              McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Alder wanders in coughing...

Hey! Gateworld kept crashing my internet all night! Bad Gateworld! Go to your room!

On the other hand, I'm watching The Siege/The Eye. Poor tortured Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                  Alder wanders in coughing...

Hey! Gateworld kept crashing my internet all night! Bad Gateworld! Go to your room!

On the other hand, I'm watching The Siege/The Eye. Poor tortured Rodney.
                  Hi Alder. Coughing? Hope you're not sick!

Yeah, GW is being a pain in the mikta for everyone lately.

Love The Storm/Eye eps! Poor tortured Rodney indeed!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

It's late - closing in on 12:30am - posting icons that I made in the last hour and a half...
                    Wow! Great set of icons! I've snurched them all!! Thanks RiG!

Originally posted by Nanjana View Post
                    Hi
                    So tonight I just slept 4 hours.....My youngest did not let me sleep!
                    Soooooo tired! Just drinking energy drink, don't do if your not used to that stuff!:I always run and have a wee wee!
                    Hi Nan!
                    I used to drink tea when I was in college and I had to stay up late to study.. I think it was having to get up go to the bathroom every 20 minutes!

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                    {{hugs}} Love the picture, thanks Tinah!

Hi. Just dropping in. Nothing to say really, except I've started rewatching SGA season 1 ( yes, again!) and I realized that I'm still having a huge crush on Rodney. He makes me smile.
                    I'm rewatching SGA also!! Great minds think alike!

Hi there! I keep meaning to start watching SGA from the beginning again, but my XBox keeps distracting me.
                    Bad XBox! Bad!

Oh and I changed my profile pic to this super hotness
                    http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Trinity-1.jpg
                    Love that picture!

*reads through thread* *stops* stares* *silence* ..........*abruptly* LMAO! That's a funny one! ^______^ I had a background like that for my PSP a while back ^__^

Hello good peoples! They finally let me outta work!
                    Yay!! I just home a little while ago!! God...had to work 12 hours!!!!!!!
                    Too tired to think! Barely have the strength to scroll down the page and type!

Thanx! Maybe I should make icons late at night more often. It helps that I was inspired by Casett's LJ.
                    I think you do some of your best work late at night!

However, tonight I wrote 3000 words (chapter 3 and 4 of my fic)
                    Yay! So glad to hear your wrote so much! Looking forward to reading them!

sig by Varda

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                      Wow! Great set of icons! I've snurched them all!! Thanks RiG!
                      Thank you. And you're welcome.

Yay!! I just home a little while ago!! God...had to work 12 hours!!!!!!!
                      Too tired to think! Barely have the strength to scroll down the page and type!
                      I only had to work 5 hours today...and 5 hours tomorrow. Then I'm off for the weekend!

I think you do some of your best work late at night!
                      I'm beginning to realize that. Thank you.

I'm working on more icons right now...

A teaser:

I'm thinking of making an icon for each episode and including the title in the icon.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Just wanted to say that cable tV here in Australia has been playing a"A Dogs Breakfast" quite a lot, and I must say it never bores me when I see. It's always funny and it's a really good and fun movie. Thanks David

Comment

Originally posted by Starrtom View Post
                          Just wanted to say that cable tV here in Australia has been playing a"A Dogs Breakfast" quite a lot, and I must say it never bores me when I see. It's always funny and it's a really good and fun movie. Thanks David
                          Hey Startom, welcome. Glad to hear Aussie TV is playing A Dog's Breakfast a lot. It's a great movie!

Learning lines instead of reading tonight… interesting having to learn the F-word instead of zedPM ; -)~about 5 hours ago from Tweetie
                          Does this mean what I hope it means?
                          Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 22 October 2009, 08:27 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

That we'll get to see him on our TV screens soon? I hope so!

Also, since he's in the UK at the moment, maybe this means that Varda and I'll get to watch before you American lot, for a change

Comment

Ooo. Wonder what it could be. He'll probably tell us eventually.

Piccies

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
                                That we'll get to see him on our TV screens soon? I hope so!
                                Me too!

Also, since he's in the UK at the moment, maybe this means that Varda and I'll get to watch before you American lot, for a change

I'm working on more icons...

A teaser:

I'm thinking of making an icon for each episode and including the title in some of the icons.[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                                Ooo. Wonder what it could be. He'll probably tell us eventually.
                                Hope so!

Great piccies, thunk you!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X