Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watcher652
    Have another.

Like that last one, in this cap, Grant is looking at his computer at some random chaos generated by the price of wheat. Grant Jansky was an expert at finding the order and patterns in the chaos and then buying and selling based on the pattern. But that was pretty much all he was brilliant at. He didn't have any people skills. When he was convinced to come out of retirement, he didn't want a salary, having made millions in a week of trading. He wanted his pay to be 50 pounds of chocolate a week. He didn't want to deal with people, so they put him in the supply closet. He couldn't stand pressure, so if you stood behind him goading him on, "Come on, come on, Grant!" he got all freaked out and he couldn't see the patterns.

Grant was a very endearing character. I hope someday I can see the other seasons, especially the 2 episodes where David was nominated for a Gemini (the Canadian Emmy award).
    I sure hope I get Traders for my birthday...assuming I can wait that long.

They really should give you a cut, watcher.

Yes, he's very talented to have been nominated. ...but this is the thunk thread, so you'll pardon me if I just sigh over those lovely lashes of his!

I kinda wish GW would include a smilie like the one strivaria used; it'd come in handy for these think threads...
    Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

What's all this about Zelenka being squishy? I don't see that.

Rodney looks really good in red, doesn't he?

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        But, but - squishy is Zelenka... Head explodes. And where are the caps to go with that anyway, eh?
        What definition of "squishy" are we going by? When I think squishy and Mckay I think about his iddle belly and how huggable he is......Torri made some joke about Weir having a thing for mcKay because of his belly and I thought it was so cute.

Come to think of it, Zelenka fits that too, so....I will read the fic and try to educate myself.
        Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
        :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Oooh the pretty eyes.
          I love how Rodney can have this bemused, little boy look too. From Letters from Pegasus:

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

The character sounds fantastic, argh, you're making me want to buy Traders! *meep* Stop it - can't afford anymore DVD's! If only I had a job where I could be paid in them.
            Let's see, the Traders dvds are CDN$55.96. Today's conversion puts that at US$44.47 or 24.40 U.K. pounds or 35.38 EUROs.

And... the Great Buy is to buy Traders: Season 1 with Nothing! Buy Together Today: CDN$ 81.54. You Save: CDN$ 20.39.

They need to work on their search engine, though. If you do a search on David Hewlett, the Traders dvds don't show up on his list.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Sorry, last few caps I'm just left thinking, ooh laptop! Am in a tech mood.

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
              What definition of "squishy" are we going by? When I think squishy and Mckay I think about his iddle belly and how huggable he is......Torri made some joke about Weir having a thing for mcKay because of his belly and I thought it was so cute.

Come to think of it, Zelenka fits that too, so....I will read the fic and try to educate myself.
              What's all this about Zelenka being squishy? I don't see that.

Rodney looks really good in red, doesn't he?
              He looks good there, yep; pointing hand out in annoyance, snarky pose... very nice cap.

As for Zelenka - think squishy was more about a mispronounciation of his name rather than his squishiness... But that nickname for him that MA made has stuck on me - I hear squishy, I think Zelenka... It's like conditioning.

Comment

"You can get both Traders and Nothing and save money?"

"How can you resist that?"

"You can't? Well, that makes me happy!"

"Let me just put in your order."

My kind of guy:

Comment

Sorry, last few caps I'm just left thinking, ooh laptop! Am in a tech mood.
                  From The Gift, Rodney and his tech.

But what's tech without coffee?!

Hey, there are at least 3 different types of lamps in that one shot...

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by fanwoman
                    I kinda wish GW would include a smilie like the one strivaria used; it'd come in handy for these think threads...
                    what I've wound up doing is when I come across one I like, I save it to the HD then upload to my website... http://home.earthlink.net/~miriade/images/smilies/ and hotlink from there. Of course, I also want to try my hand at making a thunk!simile.. but have yet to get around to it.

And now for a pic request... I'm working on a McKay clone picture for the slogan, "My McKay, your McKay, McKay for all!" Here's what I've got so far , I just need a decent quality pic of a standing McKay to put in over Danny... preferrably one that would have him facing the chair. I can fake the legs if I have too... had to do that with the McKay holding the shield... but the less of that I have to do the better.

Comment

From The Gift, Rodney and his tech.

But what's tech without coffee?!

Hey, there are at least 3 different types of lamps in that one shot...
                      Coffee ain't necessary but... ooh laptop and lots of blinky lights!! Blinky lights are the best, shame there's no blue ones apart from that one at the back.

Comment

"You can get both Traders and Nothing and save money?"

"How can you resist that?"
                        *glares* Stop tempting me, please...! and also *what Fanwoman said* - are they paying you to pimp Traders to unsuspecting DH fans, eh?

Comment

*thunk* i kind of like him in that beard...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                            And now for a pic request... I'm working on a McKay clone picture for the slogan, "My McKay, your McKay, McKay for all!" Here's what I've got so far , I just need a decent quality pic of a standing McKay to put in over Danny... preferrably one that would have him facing the chair. I can fake the legs if I have too... had to do that with the McKay holding the shield... but the less of that I have to do the better.
                            Huh, I just realized that I usually cap the closeups of Rodney with his expressive face, not when he's walking around.

Here's another one from Rising. I don't know if you want 2 Rodneys next to each other with that orange jacket.

This one's from Underground. He's facing the wrong way, though.

From The Gift. Again facing the wrong way.

From The Siege, part 2.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                              More for you. Here are some from The Defiant One. You made me have to cap these special!

My kind of guy:

Comment

Hey, while I was trying to find a good cap for strivaria in The Defiant One, here's something I didn't notice before. When the guys leave the 'Jumper and are walking away, right before they meet the glowy bugs, Rodney is walking just a little stiffly. His right knee seems stiff, or like he has something in his shoe.

David is so good in his portrayal of Rodney. Now this I noticed the first time. When confronted by the glowy bugs, Rodney nervously says, "OK, have I mentioned how allergic I am to bee stings?" Then he does that nervous twitch he has with his left hand to show he's really not kidding. It's kind of off the bottom of the screen, but it's there.

Then, when the guys are on the hill overlooking the Wraith ship, Rodney stumbles a little, like he stepped on a loose rock. He glances down at his footing, although the cap makes it look like he's looking at Peter DeLuise's name! I noticed this the first time I saw the episode because I actually thought "Don't slip!" when I saw it.

I wonder if that was related to his stiff knee or if I'm just making this all up. Somebody want to really watch the scene and let me know?

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X