Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"McKay. The power on your side."

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Sloganizer: "Be young, have fun, taste Hewlett."
      "There is no life without Hewlett."

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
      Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Aw, this is what happens when I spend so much time in McKay's Thunk thread. ShadowMaat says everything I was going to say! But much better.

I thought it was a great move by TPTB to have McKay be as smart as Sam. McKay's a genius and he knows it and he lets everyone around him know it. Because Sam plays down her smartness, we forget that she's a genius, too.

I, too, look forward to the day that Sam and Rodney meet up again. I think it would have to be Sam to point out to Rodney that he has indeed found his art.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

You know I can just imagine a McKay/Carter scene for a crossover where Carter points out, possibly rather cheekily, that McKay's been taking the same kind of liberties on scientific decisions on Atlantis as he once criticised her for at the SGC. Ah, the look on his face. Reckon he'd deny it or just make a fantastic comeback that almost deflects it, yet you know it'd make an impression coming from Sam.

Comment

Oh, he'd find a rationalization to excuse it and snark back at her at the same time.

I'm just in love with the idea of McKay besting Sam.

Sam: I don't believe it. You were right.
            McKay: I was?
            *Sam looks at McKay*
            *McKay jumps*
            McKay: I- I mean, of course I was! Maybe if you'd actually listen to me once in a while instead of worrying about your hair or whatever, you'd realize that this is what I've been saying all along!

hee

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              McKay: I- I mean, of course I was! Maybe if you'd actually listen to me once in a while instead of worrying about your hair or whatever, you'd realize that this is what I've been saying all along!
              ROTFLMAO! I can just picture McKay saying this. And I can picture Sam's facial expression when he says it! ROTF again! Tee hee!

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
              McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
              Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
              McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652

Well, if he looked like this at me, yes, "I fall for McKay."
                I know what you mean. And excellent slogan caps!

Here's some more slogans. I'll go see what caps I can rustle up for them in a little while...

Food or McKay? I'll have McKay.
                McKay, better than sex.
                McKay keeps going, and going, and going...
                Nonstop McKay.
                McKay never sleeps.
                McKay, the secret of women.
                Don't play with fire, play with McKay.
                And one I made up myself, to go along with the guttermindedness of me:
                McKay-melts in your mouth, not in your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                  I'm really looking forward to seeing 48 Hours this month, because it will be really interesting to see how much his character has changed since we initially met him!

When is 48 hours going to be on? I don't have that one taped, and I need it for my Rodney shrine!
                  It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                    When is 48 hours going to be on? I don't have that one taped, and I need it for my Rodney shrine!
                    Sorry, my bad. It's not this month, it's June 27th, on SciFi. Don't ask me why I thought it was May 27th, blame it on my occasional fits of blonde-ness.

Sci Fi Channel's schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                      Sorry, my bad. It's not this month, it's June 27th, on SciFi. Don't ask me why I thought it was May 27th, blame it on my occasional fits of blonde-ness.

Sci Fi Channel's schedule

Ahh, well that's ok, I can wait until June 27th, that's only a month away.
                      Thanks for the link too, I was going off the one on the gateworld main page and that's only good for 1 week.
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I think I will join the slogan fun!

Make yourself at home with Mckay.

Mckay, your personal entertainer.

Much fun!
                        Sorry about the small cap!

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                          I liked McKay in Redemption. We were able to see a little more depth there I thought and we get to see him more in Atlantis and I'll be interested to see him grow as a character.
                          I agree and I love the piece of dialogue
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam:Are you suggesting we send Anubis a message asking him to stop? (or something to that effect)

Mckay *in a funny voice*: Yeah, Hey Anubis, this is your agent, you're playing it WAY over the top, could you get serious pease?

I pml, and watched it over and over and over. Gods I loved the voice + cute pout at the end. I wish I had a cap to go with it....

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                            And...voila!:

reminds me of the teapot thread

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

After watching Atlantis and coming back to watch "48 Hours" after not having seen it for years I kinda felt that McKay was underused in that episode. Don't get me wrong but with each member of SG-1 trying to save Teal'c in their own way there wasn't much time for McKay and he became somewhat of a nuisance to Carter.

But he was still a great character, just as smart as Carter but makes sure everyone knows it unlike Carter whos a little too modest for her own good.
                              The fact that his points were valid no matter how annoying his got helped too, the dialling computer did ignore HALF the error messages and Carter has many times broken safety protocals on a hunch. Removing the control crystal could have caused the gate to explode.
                              Being introduced by Simmons made him instantly under suspection as a villian but his distancing himself from Simons later showed what he was a brilliant and arrogant scientist not an NID badguy
                              All in all he was there to remind us that Carter wasn't infallible she could make mistakes and that rescuing Teal'c was almost impossible

I feel we only got a glimpse of his potential as a character in this episode

BTW ShadowMa'at in an interview with Amanda Tapping and David Hewlett a couple of months back DH mentioned he was really looking forward to Carter appearing on Atlantis because on SG-1 she is never wrong but on Atlantis Mckay finally has the chance to beat her

One final note for all the UK fans if Sky show season 6 of SG-1 then Redemption Parts 1 and 2 are on the 6th and 7th of May!!! Whoohoo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                                And...voila!:

(The teapot image is NOT MINE but was...borrowed...from this website. I figured having it underwater made it more Atlantis-y. )
                                That is really too cute! You're right. With it underwater it is more atlantis like.
                                "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                                "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                                Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                                Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                                "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                                Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                                Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                                (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Working...
                                X