No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this isn't Rodney. But it is Rodney's city. It's a beautiful shot.

I wonder where Rodney's room is?

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
      More from Home

This one almost doesn't look like Rodney.

With that nose, is he related to Bob Hope?

Comment

In another place I haunt, there's been a discussion on how tall David is. I thought he might be just under 6' because Paul McGillion had his own height at 5'10' on his official website and David looks taller than Paul on the show. I was thinking Joe was about 6'2". But then somebody said that they asked Joe at a convention how tall he was and he said 6' even. So then that really confuses me because David looks taller than Paul but more than just an inch shorter than Joe.

But now I realize that David doesn't stand up staight in his scenes. A lot of times he's leaning forward when he speaks like this shot above. So maybe he just looks shorter than he really is.
        Yes, had such discussion elsewhere too, though it was about height between McKay and Weir, mainly because usually David doesn't look taller than Torri by much but a particular shot in Sanctuary in the infirimary shows up how much taller he is when he stands straight...

Comment

That smile (or is it an odd grimace?) just makes my morning.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
            With that nose, is he related to Bob Hope?
            You be the judge.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

I can't stop! But there isn't such a thing as too much Rodney, is there?

My kind of guy:

Comment

I've been having a lot of fun reading this thread. I'm still tens of pages away from being up to date, but since this one was within the last month, I figured it's okay to reply to.

Originally posted by Fanwoman
                From all the shots that offer a decent look at them, the power bars in Atlantis seem to be of the Power Bar® brand.
                To be precise , in "Hide and Seek" I believe it was oatmeal raisin flavor.

I can tell you from personal experience, they're only okay when fresh and not much fun when they've been sitting around a few months.
                I don't notice a difference myself. Although the ones they make nowadays tend to "flow" within the package if they're warmed by body heat, sunlight, the transmission of a car... So if it's a nice neat rectangle, it's probably very fresh.

I started eating them years ago when I found they were the only nutrition bar that didn't taste horrible, and weren't coated with chocolate. I expect there are some other not-horrible ones nowadays, but Power Bars are relatively cheap, so why change.

I carry them because I tend to hypoglycemia, and if I can't get real food before my knees start to tremble, a Power Bar is acceptable although at those times I think they're too sweet.

Of course, Rodney mainly eats them out of necessity, but actually enjoying MREs, not finding them convenient because he knows they're safe but enjoying them... Even he admitted it was strange.
                Or he could have been just running off at the mouth and not really meant any of it. He may contradict himself at some future date.

Although it occurred to me a professed liking for MREs, hospital food, and airplane food may actually be a liking for being "forced" to relinquish control. He's pretty tightly wound about the things he understands, and may actually find relief in being able to trust that the flight crew knows what they're doing, the hospital staff wants to you to get better, it's not in the Government's best interest for soldiers to be starving or suffering malnutrition...

"Do you know what the food is like in Russia?"

Of all the things he could worry about, that's the first one out of his mouth? Sure sounds like someone who's fussy about food for non medical reasons to me!
                On the other hand *everyone* in TV shows and movies says that when they find out they're going to Russia.
                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

I recently visited some friends I haven't seen since before the second half of season 1 started here. The wife of the couple has decided she doesn't care for Atlantis. She also has a strong, unwavering dispassion for McKay. I've always found it strange that there are people out there who like shows but hate leading protagonists, so this makes sense to me. But I wanted to pose the idea that it's difficult to like Atlantis if you don't like McKay. This may not be the most objective thread to pose this idea, but what do you think?
                  Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  I think it would be near impossible, in Season 1 at the very least, to watch it if you don't like McKay. He's just there all the time so it'd take someone who really loves the show despite that and has lots of patience to be able to watch it still. Of course it saddens me to hear of someone not liking McKay, but I guess it happens.
                  I'll disagree. If you only tolerate McKay, Atlantis is probably just as enjoyable.

In the show Lexx, the character Stan was often appalling, but in his rare moments of heroism he was exhilarating. Do I like Stan? Eh... But would I have wanted the character dropped? Absolutely not. The show would have lost something vital.

For that matter, there are still people who say they hate the character Sheridan but love Babylon 5.
                  Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    I keep on wishing there was an Atlantis appreciation thread, thought of starting one but that doesn't really come under characters and relationships or anything else I can think of. Have so many pretty screencaps of the city and no one to discuss them with.
                    Atlantis could be considered a character. I'd put it under Characters and Relationships since that's where I'd look for such a thing. Atlantis thunk thread?
                    Wordsmit2

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmit2
                      Atlantis could be considered a character. I'd put it under Characters and Relationships since that's where I'd look for such a thing. Atlantis thunk thread?
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...s+appreciation Here ya go. Purpleyin set it up in general discussion.
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I wonder where Rodney's room is?
                        Planning some sort of covert operation?

If he had any say, I would guess here:

But I doubt Elizabeth would be too happy about that. Well, he was looking for a bigger room in the beginning of BIS...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Planning some sort of covert operation?
                          If you are planning some sort of mission count me in! I'll bring some snacks to bait Mckay with.

Have we been shown anything of McKay's quarters at all in SGA? Since I haven't seen all the eps I can't be sure if we have or if there has only been mention of them. It would be really interesting and I'm sure it would provide us with hours of profiling on this thread
                          Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                          :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                            If you are planning some sort of mission count me in! I'll bring some snacks to bait Mckay with.

Have we been shown anything of McKay's quarters at all in SGA? Since I haven't seen all the eps I can't be sure if we have or if there has only been mention of them. It would be really interesting and I'm sure it would provide us with hours of profiling on this thread
                            Oh yes, I'll be the one hiding under the bed.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen his quarters in season one. Season two rumors hint that
                            Spoiler:
                            he's going to have a new lab though. Plus, we may certainly see his quarters in the...less-clothed scene in "Duet". Unless he's going to be less-clothed somewhere more embarrassing. How long do we have to wait for that one again?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                              Oh yes, I'll be the one hiding under the bed.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen his quarters in season one. Season two rumors hint that
                              Spoiler:
                              he's going to have a new lab though. Plus, we may certainly see his quarters in the...less-clothed scene in "Duet". Unless he's going to be less-clothed somewhere more embarrassing. How long do we have to wait for that one again?
                              Ooooh! A new lab, eh? All sorts of fun stuff can occur in his lab-at least it seems to in fanfic How long indeed...I just keep telling myself that Duet will be more than worth it.

I probably shouldn't post this but there is a rather thunkish scene where we get a nice shot of McKay's...erm.....rear...when he is with Ford fixing the DHD in the beginning of Home. I think rewinding and pausing may have occurred in my madness
                              Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                              :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Ooooooh...
                                Spoiler:
                                new lab...can't wait too see that...especially the less-clothed scene in Duet.

Is it July yet???
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X