No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everyone. Cant wait for trio next week!
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I know! This really sounds promising and I have to admit that Kindred 1 and 2 are episodes that I am really looking forward.
      Spoiler:
      Even the joke Carter says that Teyla wants to name the child after Rodney would suggest such possibility. And to see Rodney protect the baby....hey, who else is excited by that thought?

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
        I know! This really sounds promising and I have to admit that Kindred 1 and 2 are episodes that I am really looking forward.
        Spoiler:
        Even the joke Carter says that Teyla wants to name the child after Rodney would suggest such possibility. And to see Rodney protect the baby....hey, who else is excited by that thought?
        Me me! I think it's wonderful. I am super excited about this whole idea.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

I like the idea...
          Spoiler:
          of Rodney being there for Teyla but how does that come about? I mean they are on Atlantis. In the spoiler Carter is there (leaving?) so does Rodney by default become Teyla's birthing buddie?

Anyway I assume this feeds into the "Uncle Rodney" stuff. And yeah it could be cute and humorous and make me want to cry. *aw*

Like this time last season we are being feed out of context spoilers, so I am still a little confused on time lines but at least we know Rodney will be around next season.

Comment

I know I shouldn't say this as I've always been one of the people who said "don't worry, he's probably just busy", but by now I cannot help but worry a tiny little bit about Mr. Hewlett. He really hasn't twittered a single word for quite a long time now. Hope he and the family are alright. Maybe he's just on extreme r&r now and enjoys the quality time with his loved ones now that filming for "Helen" is over. They'll also start filming SGA again in about three weeks. Maybe he's already preparing.

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
            Cant wait for trio next week!
            I'm sceptical. I mean, there will be lots of McKay, which is GOOD!
            But there will also be
            Spoiler:
            lots of Carter and Keller, who I both don't like very much, and probably lots of jokes on Rodney's expense. Rodney alone with two women, and he probably wants to prove how cool he is and will fail miserably. That's what experience and the short bts clip told me, but of course it can turn out to be completely different, spoilers are often misleading,so I still have hope left. And then there was the bleeding hands stuff, so maybe Rodney gets to be heroic, and a little whump is also nice.

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Actually, if you want to know: MAJOR MAJOR SEASON 5 SPOILERS AHEAD - ALERT!
              Spoiler:
              Rodney does deliver Teyla's baby. I am so excited!

Source: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1092
              WARNING-DETAILED SYNOPSIS FOR S5 PREMIERE AT THIS LINK.
              Spoiler:
              What? Really?
              How do they know these details about season 5 already??? I mean, not that I mind the spoilers in this particular case, but I was surprised that people actually seem to know already what will happen in the most certainly super secret eps they haven't even started to film yet.

As for the spoiler itself,
              Spoiler:
              somehow I suspected that we might get a scene in which a member of the team needs to deliver the baby. After "Quarantine" I was sure that it wouldn't be Sheppard as he made jokes about that already, so that left Ronon and Rodney. I don't wonder that they chose Rodney, I guess Ronon would have stayed cool whereas Rodney will most probably freak out and whine and complain and scream and probably faint, short, will once again make an idiot of himself and be the cheap comic relief of Atlantis yet again, a walking cliché that entertains the audience, ha ha [/sarcasm], so of course they chose him.

And with that I don't mean that I wouldn't want to see such a scene, I definitely want to! Rodney delivering Teyla's baby would be cool! I just hope it will be a nice scene, not just a cliché, if you know what I mean.

I doubt that this baby will be named Rodney, that will probably just be something they'll use to tease McKay.

Bye, A.
              ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
              ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Arlessiar - read Darren's most recent blog - http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/darren/ - he explains that they normally get far more detailed information on episodes than they decide to post, but that other sites post much more info.

As for
                Spoiler:
                Rodney delivering Teyla's baby...I first thought of that months ago and thought it'd be great if they did it

so I'm very happy right now
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  Rodney and guns from Harmony.

Spoiler:
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/watcher652/Atlantis%20Episodes/Season%204/0414%20Harmony/SGA0414Harmony3045594.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ony3726703.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3905635psp.jpg
                  *dies*

I am not too much excited about Trio.
                  Spoiler:
                  I think Keller will suddenly become the "experienced" and will tease McKay who becomes an idiot. BUT, the photos I saw promise McKay whump! So, yeah, I am sceptical and I don´t expect to be suprised but I still get my whump

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Spoiler:

Well my resolve not to click on spoilers seems to have gone out the window!!

But OMG - can't wait to see that!

Spoiler:
                    Excited? Me? Not really...
                    Spoiler:
                    ... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
                    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

So, not too many caps for Outcast.

Spoiler:

And that's pretty much it for McKay.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Trio pics
                        Spoiler:

Thunk!

Rodney whumpage!
                        Spoiler:

Not his hands!

Bye.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Spoiler:

I think that spoiler is so totally cool and wonderful, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. But I think I may be missing something, because when I click on the source link you provided . . .

Spoiler:
                          I get to a synopsis of Ep 1 of Season 5, not to anything that has to do with The Kindred Pt 1/2 or the birth of Teyla's baby. As far as I know, the new little Athosian arrives during The Kindred, not during S5 Ep 1. I poked around a little on that site, but didn't find anything about the birth. What am I missing here? Is there another link for the Midwife!Rodney spoiler? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
                            I think that spoiler is so totally cool and wonderful, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it. But I think I may be missing something, because when I click on the source link you provided . . .

Spoiler:
                            I get to a synopsis of Ep 1 of Season 5, not to anything that has to do with The Kindred Pt 1/2 or the birth of Teyla's baby. As far as I know, the new little Athosian arrives during The Kindred, not during S5 Ep 1. I poked around a little on that site, but didn't find anything about the birth. What am I missing here? Is there another link for the Midwife!Rodney spoiler? Thanks!
                            No,
                            Spoiler:
                            the baby is not going to be born this season.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

No,
                              Spoiler:
                              the baby is not going to be born this season.
                              Yes that is how I understood it to be...
                              Spoiler:
                              that Rachel already stopped filming around a month before season 4 filming ended. Rachel as far as I know will film the first ep with a "dummy" pregnant tummy then Teyla will give birth, we have to also remember that The Last Man may not include any resolution or continuation of Kindred 1 & 2 it may just be one of those eps that offers answers, or possible answers to how they should continue on. It seems there are a lot of flashbacks or flash-forwards *that's a word* within the ep.

I think some maybe let down by it actually as a finale.

The mission referred to in Search & Rescue that Sheppard was on seems to be the one from The Last Man. *crosses fingers McKay doesn't die*

The only thing that confuses me is that Lorne and McKay are trapped but it also seems like this is the ep where Carter will inform them that she will be leaving... so yeah I think the birth happens in the last moments of the first ep.

So ep one: Lorne and McKay are freed or free themselves... fight some enemies, deliver a baby *g* and go home to Atlantis, where Carter tells McKay she is leaving. Roll end credits.

Well I think, I am a little confused with the rumour and the spoilers atm.

Comment

Yay for the Trio pics!!

And Yay!! for whumpage!!

Oops, wrong thread
                                The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Working...
                                X