Rodney McKay/David Hewlett Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moneypenny View Post
    According to some other posts, Joe apparently mentioned at the con in Auckland this weekend that Rachel gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago. So, yay for her
    Wheeee!
    Another boy! Joe, Rachel, David have boys now, Amanda and Jason have girls.
    Don't know what Nykl has.

That happens at the end of the hour, after David and Amanda are done giving the tour. They said something about how the TVG people should stop by any time, but call first. Amanda said because security would stop them at the gate, and David said something about how he frequently wasn't wearing pants. And Amanda was like, "What?" and then "Avert the eyes!" or something like that, with her hand up level just below her eyes. And then she turned around and almost plowed into Joe. It was very cute <g>
    Oh, that was at the end! That was when my phone rang and I didn't really listen anymore! So it was in there! Just watched it again. Very funny indeed!

By the way, do you remember how David said in this post that they bought their baby stuff (crib, stroller and such) after they read other parents comments on the internet first? And that Jane and David might want to write their own reviews one day? I haven't seen any reviews by them so far, but ORBIT has a section on their website where they post reviews by customers/parents who use that system. There are also actors who posted comments. Maybe Jane and David will show up on that page one day, too.

Oh, and don't tell anyone, but I'd so love to know how Sebastian's nursery looks like! Blue? Yellow? White? Romantic? Classy? Geeky?

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Moneypenny View Post
      According to some other posts, Joe apparently mentioned at the con in Auckland this weekend that Rachel gave birth to a baby boy a few days ago. So, yay for her
      Congratulations to her! Where did you read about the baby boy?

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Joe said at the con. There is a vid on YouTube with the revelation.

S4:
        Spoiler:
        My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
        Sig and avi by me
        Spoiler:

Comment

Some Doppelganger caps for you.

Spoiler:

My kind of guy:
          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Rodney hands!!!
            Sig and avi by me
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
              Joe said at the con. There is a vid on YouTube with the revelation.
              I just found your post on the JF thunk and was watching it! Thanks!

I wonder if Rachel minded Joe letting folks know. Oh, well. I'm sure we'll hear the details about the baby in due time.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                Rodney hands!!!
                I actually have about 30 caps of the breakfast scene but I didn't want to overload the board! It's his flapping hand(tm) bit.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                  I actually have about 30 caps of the breakfast scene but I didn't want to overload the board! It's his flapping hand(tm) bit.
                  We never have too much Rodney Hands (TM)!
                  Sig and avi by me
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Who picked these names?
                    They have mine! Even the long version which I prefer! Sadly I don't have an answering machine. But I could get one! LOL!

Aw, congrats to Rachel!

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                    I'm a bit frustrated at the moment.
                    Aw, hope it wasn't me! Ignore my request it isn't important.... It never was. But yeah A, learn to say no! Or people will just walk all over you. Learn to delegate. Just make sure it isn't the boss, I find when the boss asks you to do something they generally mean for you to do it. *power mad fools*

Comment

r.e. McKay voicemail.
                      I figured out one way to do it. I was able to get it on my cell phone this way.

Spoiler:

Simple way to put it on a mobile

Save to computer
                      Go into voicemail and choose the option that lets you record a personal message
                      Hold phone to computers speakers and make sure the volume is up. You may have to do it a few times to get it right.

Now I just have to wait until someone calls me. I'm lucky to have a common name (Jennifer) so it was there. Otherwise, I also would have gone with John
                      sigpic
                      Sig by im_meli
                      More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

so, my bday is Oct 21...what are my prezzies gonna be like here
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973 View Post
                          r.e. McKay voicemail.
                          I figured out one way to do it. I was able to get it on my cell phone this way.

Spoiler:

Simple way to put it on a mobile

Save to computer
                          Go into voicemail and choose the option that lets you record a personal message
                          Hold phone to computers speakers and make sure the volume is up. You may have to do it a few times to get it right.

Now I just have to wait until someone calls me. I'm lucky to have a common name (Jennifer) so it was there. Otherwise, I also would have gone with John
                          So that is like holding up a microphone (phone) and recording straight off your comp speakers? LOL! Now that is the type of low tech solution I love.

Yeah my name was there and you know what? He sounds so sexy when he says it! LOL *well I think he does anyway*

Comment

Just read JM's blog in which he and Robert Cooper talk about Doppelganger. Their answers are mainly about JF since most of the questions are about JF (as is the ep itself). But McKay gets mentioned too. I don't like one of the answers though. Someone said that he doesn't think that McKay's fear
                            Spoiler:
                            of whales is very plausible, but TPTB think it's ok and that whales can be very scary. Well, I don't disagree, but it is not that easy to think of whales as something that's very scary for Rodney after a whale saved Rodney's life and after said whale came back and McKay fondly watched him for hours and even gave him a name. Moby Dick must have been a really traumatic experience for little Rodney. Wish they would have brought that up in GUP already, where it would have made more sense.

And what about
                            Spoiler:
                            JF not wanting to take his shirt off in the defibrillator scene? He already did so in 38 minutes, and he's an actor, so he shouldn't make such a fuss about that
                            . I mean David even got naked only so that the scene in Duet looks more realistic, and yes, compared to JF his body probably looks 'less fit' if you know what I mean (just saying, not that I mind, and for the record, I didn't say such nonsense like that he's fat or sth), but he did that for the sake of the scene and because it's part of the job. Now JF's scene simply looks unrealistic.

But otherwise I really liked DG. David had some very nice scenes and he looked so good!!!!
                            Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            Aw, hope it wasn't me! Ignore my request it isn't important.... It never was.
                            ??? You asked me to do something for you? Ehhhh... SH*T, I actually forgot that then, because I didn't mean you when I ranted yesterday. In your case I'd be very sorry if I really forgot to do something for you since you'd obviously asked... *panics* Now where are my mails, I need to find out which request I forgot about...

ETA Read the PMs, found your request, it was the "did I hear that right" thing, yes? Will watch and listen to the vid.

Bye, A.
                            Last edited by Arlessiar; 21 October 2007, 01:14 AM.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Some Doppelganger caps for you.

Spoiler:

Thanks for those - and you say you have more?!

*eyes light up*

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
                              Just read JM's blog in which he and Robert Cooper talk about Doppelganger. Their answers are mainly about JF since most of the questions are about JF (as is the ep itself). But McKay gets mentioned too. I don't like one of the answers though. Someone said that he doesn't think that McKay's fear
                              Spoiler:
                              of whales is very plausible, but TPTB think it's ok and that whales can be very scary. Well, I don't disagree, but it is not that easy to think of whales as something that's very scary for Rodney after a whale saved Rodney's life and after said whale came back and McKay fondly watched him for hours and even gave him a name. Moby Dick must have been a really traumatic experience for little Rodney. Wish they would have brought that up in GUP already, where it would have made more sense.

And what about
                              Spoiler:
                              JF not wanting to take his shirt off in the defibrillator scene? He already did so in 38 minutes, and he's an actor, so he shouldn't make such a fuss about that
                              . I mean David even got naked only so that the scene in Duet looks more realistic, and yes, compared to JF his body probably looks 'less fit' if you know what I mean (just saying, not that I mind, and for the record, I didn't say such nonsense like that he's fat or sth), but he did that for the sake of the scene and because it's part of the job. Now JF's scene simply looks unrealistic.

But otherwise I really liked DG. David had some very nice scenes and he looked so good!!!!
                              Yeah have to say i was confused by the...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...whale thing.

They made this big deal about the whale in GUP and him naming it and as you say being fond of it. And then it turns out he's so afraid of them, he's had nightmares since the age of 7!

They can try to justify that one till the cows come home, but that is a glaring inconsistancy in my book.

And the comment about JF not wanting to take off his short was an odd one too. I think RCC wasn't sure what the reason was and just came up with something off the top of his head tbh.

Agreed though - DG was brilliant! And RM came out in a good light

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLYTHERINGAL!!!!!!
                              Last edited by Squonk; 21 October 2007, 02:41 AM.
                              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by SlytherinGal View Post
                                so, my bday is Oct 21...what are my prezzies gonna be like here

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLYTHERINGAL

Here is a little present for you:

Spoiler:

If I could I'd deliver this to you in person)
                                "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Working...
                                X