-

Here's what he's really doing...

Setting up a naqueda(?) generator

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
    Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
      Wanna bet? There are some very cruel people in this world... my first piano teacher used to wack all her students on the finger joints if they didn't play properly or prod our fingers with her pencil if we didn't curve our fingers in the correct manner.
      Whenever they show Rodney typing on a keyboard, you can see he really curves his fingers. It makes me think of Rodney's piano playing background. He could be holding his fingers all wrong for piano playing, but that's the way I think of it.

Of course, that's probably just the way David types, but I just thought it was neat. I hold my fingers a lot flatter than he does.

I know pics are for the thunk thread, but here's a cap from Sanctuary to illustrate my point.

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
        Ok, I watched Home again, and now I can't decide....

Which Rodney is more delicious: Labcoat Rodney, or Red Jumpsuit Rodney???
        Jumpsuit. Hands down. I see way too many labcoats everyday for them to be even remotely sexy. Although he does look awfully good in his full blue uniform...

Originally posted by purpleyin
        And on the change - I'm so waiting for a fic where rodeny gets shot at because of his beige uniform...
        HA HA HA! He must be an easy target. Burn the beige uniform!

So I found out the other day that my bf knows more about DH than I do because he's been poking around all the DH fan pages. Not quite sure how to interpret that...

Oh, and...
        Originally posted by strivaria
        And with that... g'night from beautiful Vancouver.
        *ENVY!*

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
          So I found out the other day that my bf knows more about DH than I do because he's been poking around all the DH fan pages. Not quite sure how to interpret that...
          Hmm. well it's possibly better than your boyfriend wishing Dh didn't exist so you'd stop talknig about him.

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
            Whenever they show Rodney typing on a keyboard, you can see he really curves his fingers. It makes me think of Rodney's piano playing background. He could be holding his fingers all wrong for piano playing, but that's the way I think of it.

Of course, that's probably just the way David types, but I just thought it was neat. I hold my fingers a lot flatter than he does.

I know pics are for the thunk thread, but here's a cap from Sanctuary to illustrate my point.

Actually, from what I can see it looks like he's holding his hands the 'proper' way (to avoid things like carpal tunnel syndrome).

Comment

You know as nice as his hands are there, I'm just too geeky - thunking over latop instead; I want that laptop - infact I want any laptop!

Comment

The facts ma'am just the facts...

Okay, here's a question for all of you. Admittedly, I haven't seen about 50% of the episodes and wasn't paying attention to details even then. Secondly, this question is asking for spoilers so I suppose your answers will need prefacing about spoilers... Anyway, clearly the scriptwriters in SG-1 and SGA have given a good many facts about McKay (including facts about his past). Can you list as many as you can remember? I love speculation of course, it's what can lead to great fanfic, but for this question, I'm looking for 'canon' (anything specifically shown or stated in the episodes).

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA

Okay, here's a question for all of you. Admittedly, I haven't seen about 50% of the episodes and wasn't paying attention to details even then. Secondly, this question is asking for spoilers so I suppose your answers will need prefacing about spoilers... Anyway, clearly the scriptwriters in SG-1 and SGA have given a good many facts about McKay (including facts about his past). Can you list as many as you can remember? I love speculation of course, it's what can lead to great fanfic, but for this question, I'm looking for 'canon' (anything specifically shown or stated in the episodes).
                  *thinks* Hmmm, I have a terrible memory, but
                  Spoiler:
                  he definitely has a sister Can't remember her name though... anyone?
                  (is that spoilery? I tagged it just in case)

What kind of facts were you looking for?
                  Uncontrolled Destiny
                  My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyNRA

SG-1 48 hours:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spent I think a year working on simulations at Area 51? we also had revealed his allergy to lemon/citrus and his 'thing' for dumb blondes - and then he got sent to russia to supervise naquada generator project.

SG-1 Redemption:
                    Spoiler:
                    Main new facts I can remember were what he said to Carter in the infirmary -a little random heart felt chat including the thing about when he was 12 and the piano teacher - also that he had a difficult childhood and his parents blamed him. Forget exact words but it didn't sonud good for Rodney.

In Atlantis -
                    "Home"
                    Spoiler:
                    we've seen him apartment (which can't be that far from SGC I'd presume) and he has a cat that's staying with his neighbour "Rising" and "home".
                    Later on in LFP
                    Spoiler:

he rambles on about how cats are better than dogs (because of when presumably he had a dog that went missing and his father wouldn't pay reward for it - though he doesn't directly say that but it pretty much means that). Also mentioned in this episode is his sister to whom he's never been very close, Jeannie and how he caught mono off a girl in algebra class once and missed month of school. He's also never seen the end of the film "The Sixth Sense"

Um, also quite a bit of mentioning of his citrus/lemon allery and also a few times his hypoglycemia (unknown just how serious it is but could be Rodney being a hypochondriac as he also thought in The Seige Part 1
                    Spoiler:
                    he might have permanent back damange
                    ) - also says specifically 'have you ever seen someone in anaphylactic shock' in regard to citrus allergy (in Underground) and mentons his bee allergy in The Defiant One.

Sure there's much more but that's all I've got right this minute - got to get back to writing.

Comment

what exactly does he know more about?

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Okay. Since I haven't actually posted anything thunk oriented, yet, I'd like to say that of the outfits in Atlantis, my favorite is the short sleeved blue zip-up. Shows his arms and pecs and brings out the blue in his eyes.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1.../bscap234.html
                        Yum!

Of course, his two geeky T-shirts are really cute, too, but my favorite McKay outfit is the striped shirt he wears in Home.
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/home112.html

I'm also very fond of the one he's in during his departing from home shot in Rising. These show he has a sense of style which doesn't get expressed in Atlantis, other than that he's the only male character with hair that's remotely under control.
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/101x361.html

Other outfits:
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/5...X14%5F288.html
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/5...X14%5F379.html
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...01%5F0296.html
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s6/6...02%5F0242.html
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...l/home094.html

Spoilerish:
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...bius1x513.html

Gotta say, though, I really didn't like that orange thing they had him in in that episode that's spoilerish:
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s8/8...bius2x070.html

Despite liking the striped shirt best, I agree that darker colors are better on him. Yay for the death of the beige outfit!
                        Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                          what exactly does he know more about?
                          Well, I didn't know that DH was such a fan of Dr. Who and that he would love to play the lead if there was a remake.

Originally posted by fanwoman
                          Of course, his two geeky T-shirts are really cute, too, but my favorite McKay outfit is the striped shirt he wears in Home.
                          Oh yeah, I vote for that one as well! And he looked quite cute in the genius T-shirt in Home. Didn't he also wear a button down shirt at the very end of 38 minutes? I don't have any screencaps of the ep floating around to post though. *looks pointedly at watcher*

Comment

Well, I didn't know that DH was such a fan of Dr. Who and that he would love to play the lead if there was a remake.
                            Of course they have remade it now and suddnely the position of Dr is vacant for most of Season 2 so far...
                            Oh yeah, I vote for that one as well! And he looked quite cute in the genius T-shirt in Home. Didn't he also wear a button down shirt at the very end of 38 minutes? I don't have any screencaps of the ep floating around to post though. *looks pointedly at watcher*
                            Well I do - whole lot of them. Could be better quality (still waiting for my DVd to arrive )

http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/104/

Comment

Looks like a gray t-shirt under that button down shirt. I wonder if that's his "I'm with genius" shirt?

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                                Looks like a gray t-shirt under that button down shirt. I wonder if that's his "I'm with genius" shirt?
                                That was grey? It looked kind of green in the episode -atleast when he was lying down (but maybe thats the weird colours of my screen...)

Comment

Working...
                                X