• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
    .:Someone asked for Sparky wallpapers?
    .:I'm pretty sure it was Klenotka.
    .:Here you go, Klenotka!
    Hi H., no offense, just a short remark: I'm pretty sure that K. is thankful for your help and the post with the really nice wallpaper, but can you post these wallpapers in the Sparky thread or send them to K. via pm, and not post them here in the McKay/Hewlett thunk thread? Or at least put them under a tag? Thanks a lot.

ETA: Oh, I see you just posted about that too, Willow.

By the way, David updated his website with a short entry about the tickets for the next ADB screening. He also mentions the way he parks his Echo. I just say LOL.

Isn't that weird, a year ago we would have gone bonkers about a post or any other comment/sound/message - no matter how short - by Mr. Hewlett himself! And by now it's almost normal and nothing really special anymore. "Hey, there's another message from David, by the way..."

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Yeah it's kinda weird isn't it

But that happens at conventions as well...

At Peg2, there were dozens of people peeking in the door to the meet n greet and squeeing when they caught a glimpse of one of the actors. I almost passed out when Chuck asked me where the bathroom was!

By Saturday night, I was standing talking to a group of people, and Kate Hewlett was less than two feet away from me for the best part of an hour and it seemed perfectly normal! Had it been the previous night I would have been like, OMG...it's Kate Hewlett!

sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
        We are like hall monitors!

Isn't that weird, a year ago we would have gone bonkers about a post or any other comment/sound/message - no matter how short - by Mr. Hewlett himself! And by now it's almost normal and nothing really special anymore. "Hey, there's another message from David, by the way..."
        Well for me I find him posting about the film too sad and annoying to bother reading them. It is like someone drinking a bottle of water in front of a thirsty man. *cries*

Anyway, when he *if he* gets back to posting some less Movie oriantated things I will so be there and stoked to hear about it!

Comment

Hey, all. I am here pretty often around here. Weird, when I think that I really don´t have much time but it´s maybe that it´s 1:00 A.M in here Er, babbling, sorry

To the walls, Haliyah, it wasn´t me, sorry, but I didn´t ask for them

Call me weird but I just watched Tao of Rodney again I think it´s the best Rodney episode so far. Sure,
          Spoiler:
          in M&MM is Kate and all
          but Tao is...well, it´s so great. It´s about bonding in team and there is lots of Zelenka and Rodney has so great messy hair there I hope we will see more of this Rodney´s side. And more than "one-episode" development. But I think they worked nicely with Rodney since this episode

So, big picture spam from Tao, bc I am crazy! Spoiler tag for size

Spoiler:

Last edited by Klenotka; 17 March 2007, 04:30 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            At Peg2, there were dozens of people peeking in the door to the meet n greet and squeeing when they caught a glimpse of one of the actors. I almost passed out when Chuck asked me where the bathroom was!

By Saturday night, I was standing talking to a group of people, and Kate Hewlett was less than two feet away from me for the best part of an hour and it seemed perfectly normal! Had it been the previous night I would have been like, OMG...it's Kate Hewlett!
            Exactly! One can get used to things like that so easily! I mean, I was nervous like hell at my first con when I met PM, and when I met DH, my all time fav actor, I was a lot calmer! And talking with Chuck was exciting of course, but after a few minutes it seemed to be so... normal. And a few days ago I sat there and thought "wait - you've actually met David Hewlett, you realise that? This man who lives so many miles away, who's a known actor and director - you met him in person! You talked to KH and DN and CC - Oh.my.god!" They are normal people, and at the same time they're not (at least not for me). Still, one can get used to their presence among us "common people".

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            We are like hall monitors!
            *snorts*

Well for me I find him posting about the film too sad and annoying to bother reading them. It is like someone drinking a bottle of water in front of a thirsty man. *cries*
            That's true... I catch myself not reading his purely screening related posts with as much enthusiasm as I read the posts that are related to other things.

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              Call me weird
              You are weird!

I just watched Tao of Rodney again I think it´s the best Rodney episode so far. Sure, in M&MM
              Spoiler:
              is Kate and all but Tao is
              ...well, it´s so great. It´s about bonding in team and there is lots of Zelenka and Rodney has so great messy hair there I hope we will see more of this Rodney´s side. And more than "one-episode" development. But I think they worked nicely with Rodney since this episode
              I still hate that episode so much! It is only good for caps *which were very nice by the way* and vids AND fanfics!

The Defiant One is my happy shiny McKay ep!

Arlessiar, so you are saying I shouldn't try and meet him?! It will ruin the illusion!

Comment

Arlessiar, so you are saying I shouldn't try and meet him?! It will ruin the illusion!
                In one way it does, in another way it doesn't. It's weird. During the con I thought that I could never enjoy SGA again because the illusion is ruined, I will only see David and the fact that McKay is different than he is, hence I'll also just see that it's all just acting and that McKay is a fictional character. And meeting David did make David more real to me, for a moment it felt normal to be around him. In the next moment, when it was all over, it felt special again, unbelievable that I met him... Funny thing is, in the end nothing ruined the illusion, I love McKay even more and think he could be real, as the character's very believable. And David is again someone who's far away and special and also strangely familiar but yet a complete stranger to me, a stranger I'd love to get to know better....

Does that make any sense?
                I doubt it does, because I myself haven't been able to wrap my head around that yet.

Ok, bedtime, it's past 2am here...

Bye, A.

Comment

Arlessiar - that's the best way to word it...I've tried and failed!

It is wierd, but it's exactly what happened!

In a way because I know know how different David is from McKay, it's made me separate David and McKay even more and has made both of them more real to me
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

By the way, David updated his website with a short entry about the tickets for the next ADB screening. He also mentions the way he parks his Echo. I just say LOL.
                    Thanks for the link.

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    In a way because I know know how different David is from McKay, it's made me separate David and McKay even more and has made both of them more real to me
                    That is how it is for me too.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

.:Listening to: Dragula Remix//Rob Zombie//Matrix Soundtrack

mmm, a little. But again each to their own.
                      .: *cries in a corner*

Speaking of which I don't mind you posting your Wallpapers here but um... both of those have nothing to do with McKay/Hewlett. Wouldn't it be better for them to be in the *ship* thread and you just say that is where they are?
                      .:Oops, sorry! I'll remember that for the future. I'll just have to remember to link them from my LJ instead.

By the way people I am not getting much of a response to my request for song suggestions!!! I will be starting the vid soon, if no one else is interested that is fine but if you are please PM ASAP with your song choice! PLEASE!
                      .:Huh.
                      .:Well, what kind of song are you looking for? What kind of feel is the vid going to have?

Comment

Hey guys

have a new team video for ya lots of mckay

Wild Wild West

enjoy!
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

.:Listening to: Open My Eyes//Andy Hunter//Life

Hi H., no offense, just a short remark: I'm pretty sure that K. is thankful for your help and the post with the really nice wallpaper, but can you post these wallpapers in the Sparky thread or send them to K. via pm, and not post them here in the McKay/Hewlett thunk thread? Or at least put them under a tag? Thanks a lot.
                          .:Duly noted!

.:...Twice!
                          .:I have gone back and tagged them for you, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Haliyah View Post
                            .:Well, what kind of song are you looking for? What kind of feel is the vid going to have?
                            Well I have posted about that already

Here

Basically it is a tribute thing to the hotness that is McKay/Hewlett so not really aiming for humour (but given it is David it may turn out that way) or anything too slow or depressing in the song department.

I am hoping to have it finished by the time we hit 20,000 posts in the Thunk or if it takes me too long, sometimes they do, by the 18th of April.

So please feel free to PM me with Song suggestions!

Comment

I am so annoyed at the moment! My New McKay Vid was removed from YouTube for copyright infringement! Dam it! Yeah I know MGM were within their rights to ask for its removal but everyone who makes vids infringes copyright *songs alone are an infringement!* Oh well I may have to just stop using YouTube, it takes MBs to upload these things!
                              Originally posted by pavaneofstars View Post
                              Sorry about that. I wonder if they are yanking everyone's vids off of there. There goes a whole lot of fun.
                              I'm so sorry about the vids. Does YouTube send you a notification or do they just disappear?

I just checked my list of YouTube favorites and I know I had a lot more than what's on the list now. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I tagged, only that I liked them at the time I watched them. I pretty much have only the 3 ADB vids and some convention and ADB Q&As left.

At least A Dog's Breakfast is still there.

And they can't pull the convention snips although I wonder if the conventions are going to get all bent out of shape now and be more tyrant about having cameras. Some conventions now ban cameras during certain special events. If they start banning them at the Q&As, they are going to missing out on a lot of my money.

On another topic, how do you do those little photos that get bigger when you click on them?

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                                On another topic, how do you do those little photos that get bigger when you click on them?
                                .:Listening to: Nothing, at the moment...

.:Thumbnails?
                                .:Like what I did with the wallpapers I made?
                                .:I'm not entirely sure that that's what you're asking, but it's easy enough to do if it is.

First: You open any graphics program. Paint will do if that's all you have. You resize the picture you want to thumbnail size - this should be small, but not so small that you can't see a tiny preview of the picture. Save it as "filenamethumb.jpg/gif/whatever, or something similar. Upload this to Tinypic or another image hosting site. Copy the code that has [IMG] tags around it. Paste it into your forum posting field.

Second: You upload the picture you want the thumbnail to link to onto a file or image hosting/storage site. For preserving the quality of large or high resolution pictures, I recommend www.box.net. It's free. Find the public link (for Box, you need to right-click on your picture and select "Get Public Link."), copy it, and paste it in front of your [IMG] code.

Third: Change the public link into a URL code.

Put [ url= in front of it, and a ] after it. Go to the end of your [IMG] tag and type [ /url] (except without the spaces, of course.). You should now have a nice shiny clickable thumbnail!

Comment

Working...
                                X