Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    We have switched to watching S3 on DVD. My husband couldn't take another commercial for Ghost Hunters. So we are a day behind. We watched Phantoms today. Nothing really to report but I had forgotten just how well written this one was. And it was much scarier than Whispers.
    *cracks up at the Ghost Hunters comment*

Actually, they're doing another one of those "we won't split up a two-parter over a weekend" things. They preempted SGA on Monday and Tuesday for marathons, and they're preempting it again Friday for an SG-1 marathon, so they're doing The Return today and tomorrow and pushing Phantoms back to next week. *headdesk*

The beginning of the marginalization of Sheppard.
    The beginning? Heck, they started doing it long before that.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Half asleep, I turned on the TV after school today (a rare occurrence for me) and not only do I see that the channel is SyFy, but Stargate Atlantis is on, and it's a SPARKY SCENE

Must've been a sign or something. I hardly watch TV, we never have it on SyFy, and John and Elizabeth were the only two people I saw.

*happy sigh*

Anyway, sorry to pop right into the middle of your conversation. School has never been so busy before (senior year!) and college apps are due soon, there's SAT, senior project, AP exams, etc. so I hope that each time I check back in the Sparky torch will still be going strong.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I'm joining this party late, and I blame it on the lack of cable in my house...I've only just started watching Stargate:Atlantis, and will readily admit that it took a few episodes for Elizabeth to grow on me (loved Shep from the start though lol)....
        then I stumbled upon a Shep/Weir ship fan vid on youtube (I was watching some Sam/Jack vids ) and am a total shipper! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of them...and can see it, right from the beginning! (I've only seen the first season so far! ) *shippy sigh*
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

pkprd869 that ficlet was absolutely wonderful! Very beautiful! *happy and sad sigh at once*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            I'm joining this party late, and I blame it on the lack of cable in my house...I've only just started watching Stargate:Atlantis, and will readily admit that it took a few episodes for Elizabeth to grow on me (loved Shep from the start though lol)....
            then I stumbled upon a Shep/Weir ship fan vid on youtube (I was watching some Sam/Jack vids ) and am a total shipper! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of them...and can see it, right from the beginning! (I've only seen the first season so far! ) *shippy sigh*
            Woooot! Newbie! Welcome!

*waves to the thread* Sorry guys, I was so busy yesterday! Will catch up with you later today!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Welcome to drewandian! It's always nice to see new fans join the team!

*waves to Regularamanda and Anuna*

I hear you about the busy... still pounding away on Big Bang!

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
              Half asleep, I turned on the TV after school today (a rare occurrence for me) and not only do I see that the channel is SyFy, but Stargate Atlantis is on, and it's a SPARKY SCENE

Must've been a sign or something. I hardly watch TV, we never have it on SyFy, and John and Elizabeth were the only two people I saw.

*happy sigh*
              Aaaahh, doesn't that make you feel good?

Anyway, sorry to pop right into the middle of your conversation. School has never been so busy before (senior year!) and college apps are due soon, there's SAT, senior project, AP exams, etc. so I hope that each time I check back in the Sparky torch will still be going strong.
              Ack! Senior year is crazy! Stay sane out there! *huggles you*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yay! Welcome to the team. Feel free to share all your sparky love with us.. we just can't get enough of it. (or at least I can't)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                (snipped)

Definitely is, lol. Thanks!
                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

drewandian: It's never too late. Welcome here. I hope you enjoy your time here as well as on John thunk thread.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*cracks up at the Ghost Hunters comment*

Actually, they're doing another one of those "we won't split up a two-parter over a weekend" things. They preempted SGA on Monday and Tuesday for marathons, and they're preempting it again Friday for an SG-1 marathon, so they're doing The Return today and tomorrow and pushing Phantoms back to next week. *headdesk*

The beginning? Heck, they started doing it long before that.
                    All the more reason to forget SyFy and watch the DVD's. LOL

It's never too late to join the Sparky team. Your experience pretty much parallels my own. It's just hard to watch them together and not see it.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Woooot! Newbie! Welcome!

*waves to the thread* Sorry guys, I was so busy yesterday! Will catch up with you later today!
                      Welcome to drewandian! It's always nice to see new fans join the team!

*waves to Regularamanda and Anuna*

I hear you about the busy... still pounding away on Big Bang!

Aaaahh, doesn't that make you feel good?

Yay! Welcome to the team. Feel free to share all your sparky love with us.. we just can't get enough of it. (or at least I can't)

Definitely is, lol. Thanks!
                      Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      drewandian: It's never too late. Welcome here. I hope you enjoy your time here as well as on John thunk thread.
                      All the more reason to forget SyFy and watch the DVD's. LOL

It's never too late to join the Sparky team. Your experience pretty much parallels my own. It's just hard to watch them together and not see it.
                      Thanks for the warm welcome! It's not often that I venture out of my comfort zone

ITA!!!! And I wish the library would get the DVDs to me faster because I just HAVE to see it all! (picking up season 2 today! yay! )
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome! We are learned and experienced on this thread--meaning, we have seen all seasons, so if there is something you don't want revealed, let us know. I can't guarantee we'll be able to not mention awesome spoilery stuff for our ship always, but we may be able to spoiler tag some things so as not to ruin your fun.

I too saw Sparky from almost the beginning, most particularly from The Eye. It seems difficult to not notice the chemistry.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's not often that I venture out of my comfort zone

ITA!!!! And I wish the library would get the DVDs to me faster because I just HAVE to see it all! (picking up season 2 today! yay! )
                          Now you can understand me when I said that I was afraid to go on John thunk thread.lol
                          Don't be worry. We are nice.

Guys: I'm working on my recap for Coup d'Etat. I hope I will finish this today.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Welcome! We are learned and experienced on this thread--meaning, we have seen all seasons, so if there is something you don't want revealed, let us know. I can't guarantee we'll be able to not mention awesome spoilery stuff for our ship always, but we may be able to spoiler tag some things so as not to ruin your fun.

I too saw Sparky from almost the beginning, most particularly from The Eye. It seems difficult to not notice the chemistry.
                            I don't mind spoilers, I feel like just because I know what's going to happen, it doesn't take anything away because it's a totally different thing to actually see it play out! so spoiler away and don't worry about me!

ITA, 'The Eye' was definitely high on the chemistry, but I kinda noticed it right from the beginning (once I opened myself up to the idea that it was OK to like Elizabeth anyway LOL )

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Now you can understand me when I said that I was afraid to go on John thunk thread.lol
                            Don't be worry. We are nice.

Guys: I'm working on my recap for Coup d'Etat. I hope I will finish this today.
                            I do understand, completely!
                            I'll try not to worry (although I see a lot of familiar 'faces' in here . . . )
                            sigpic

Comment

IMO Season 2 is the best, the most - fun season. Enjoy your DVDs and make sure to stop by often and tell us your opinions and share your comments. We enjoy the squee here.

And this thread might become your comfort zone
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

This is certainly my comfort zone. S2 is the Sparkiest of them all I think. OMG! You haven't seen Seige 3 yet. *big grin* But I'm willing to bet you've seen a certain scene or two if you watch vids.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X