No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy folks, alot to catch up on. The post "Lifeline" stuff is all great ideas. I would have liked (and I thought this was what was going to happen) they lose Lizzie in S4 and the main story arc in S5 was getting her back, of course this requires space battles, large explosions, and lots of gunfights. I'm still on the not sure if I wanted a "squee-tastic" ending or a "I feel for ya dog" sad ending.

Eri I hope your family and friends are OK after what happened in Georgia. Just to cheer you up, I wrote a little something. Now I use a song, and this song has been recorded by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, and Jerry Lee Lewis. But I first heard the best recording on a rerun of Quantum Leap. It's used in the scene where Al dances with his first wife. Here ya go, with a little help from Mr. Ray Charles.

Spoiler:
    John Sheppard found a lonely stool at the end of the bar. The SGC recalled him after the Asuran attack on Atlantis. Along with the IOA, John Sheppard was called to the carpet in order to answer for one casualty; Dr. Elizabeth Weir. John ordered his beer and took pause when the jukebox started playing a familiar tune.

Georgia, oh Georgia,
    The whole day through
    Just an old sweet song
    Keeps Georgia on my mind

“Every time I hear this song, I think of...” John could remember Elizabeth speaking about one of her favorite songs. He remembered the way her eyes closed, and the peaceful, easy feeling on her face. John grinned thinking of the way she gently swayed in rhythm with the soulful melody.

I said Georgia, oh Georgia
    And a song of you
    Comes as sweet and clear
    As moonlight through the pines

“Can I buy you a drink?” an attractive blonde asked as she tried flaunting her charms at John.

“No thanks. I’m fine,” John answered in a distant tone.

John paid little mind to the looks he received for turning down such an attractive woman. But his own thoughts kept him occupied. Questions of what went wrong and how to do things differently swirled in his head. John needed to ease his mind. And the best place was on a serine balcony; with Elizabeth to share the burden and uphold conviction in success.

Other arms reach out to me
    Other eyes smile tenderly
    Still in peaceful dreams I see
    The road leads back to you

John Sheppard ordered another beer and listened as the song kept playing. He turned to see a couple slowly turning on the dance floor. The look on their faces showed how content they were to be in each others’ arms. John thought back when he saw Elizabeth dancing to her favorite song. During a birthday party for Carson, but she was dancing with another man. John recalled he did not know the fellow well, he thought the man’s name was Mike. John turned back to his beer when caught himself giving the young couple the same dirty look he gave Elizabeth and Mike.

I said Georgia,
    Oh Georgia, no peace I find
    Just an old sweet song
    Keeps Georgia on my mind

Thoughts entered John’s head about why he was bothered with Elizabeth dancing with another man. He danced with many girls. Elizabeth even seen him dance with other women while on Atlantis. John pondered if Elizabeth felt the same when he saw her and Mike. John continued to reminisce; reminisce about how it would feel to dance with Elizabeth on their balcony under the moonlight.

John set down another empty bottle and signaled for more. He knew no matter how much beer he drank the hurt will still be there in the morning. John knew this fact but maybe enough beer could make him forget the pain for a while. The drunken peace John sought was a thin disguise for the hurt he felt. Elizabeth’s song kept playing as John continued on his quest for alcoholic relief.

Georgia, Georgia,
    No peace, no peace I find
    Just this old, sweet song
    Keeps Georgia on my mind

John placed yet another empty bottle on the bar. The bartender nodded and opened another bottle. John took a large drink as the song, Elizabeth’s song he thought, ended. John let out a sigh of relief.

“What’s eatin’ ya friend?” the barkeep asked.

“Just that song. It reminds me of someone,” John answered wearily.

“Well friend, if it reminds ya about that special lady” the bartender leaned on the bar towards John, “that’s the idea.”

“Yeah, yeah it is,” John replied with a cynical laugh.

I said just an old sweet song,
    Keeps Georgia on my mind

I have been planning to stop writing at least for a bit, but y'all keep having all these bad days that need a little brightening up and this is the only way I know how. So... everybody have good days
    Last edited by pkprd869; 23 September 2009, 08:46 AM.
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Howdy folks, alot to catch up on. The post "Lifeline" stuff is all great ideas. I would have liked (and I thought this was what was going to happen) they lose Lizzie in S4 and the main story arc in S5 was getting her back, of course this requires space battles, large explosions, and lots of gunfights. I'm still on the not sure if I wanted a "squee-tastic" ending or a "I feel for ya dog" sad ending.

Eri I hope your family and friends are OK after what happened in Georgia. Just to cheer you up, I wrote a little something. Now I use a song, and this song has been recorded by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, and Jerry Lee Lewis. But I first heard the best recording on a rerun of Quantum Leap. It's used in the scene where Al dances with his first wife. Here ya go, with a little help from Mr. Ray Charles.

Spoiler:
      John Sheppard found a lonely stool at the end of the bar. The SGC recalled him after the Asuran attack on Atlantis. Along with the IOA, John Sheppard was called to the carpet in order to answer for one casualty; Dr. Elizabeth Weir. John ordered his beer and took pause when the jukebox started playing a familiar tune.

Georgia, oh Georgia,
      The whole day through
      Just an old sweet song
      Keeps Georgia on my mind

“Every time I hear this song, I think of...” John could remember Elizabeth speaking about one of her favorite songs. He remembered the way her eyes closed, and the peaceful, easy feeling on her face. John grinned thinking of the way she gently swayed in rhythm with the soulful melody.

And a song of you
      Comes as sweet and clear

“Can I buy you a drink?” an attractive blonde asked as she tried flaunting her charms at John.

John paid little mind to the looks he received for turning down such an attractive woman. But his own thoughts kept him occupied. Questions of what went wrong and how to do things differently swirled in his mind. John needed to ease his mind. And the best place was on a serine balcony; with Elizabeth to share the burden and uphold conviction in success.

John Sheppard ordered another beer and listened as the song kept playing. He turned to see a couple slowly turning on the dance floor. The look on their faces showed how content they were to be in each others’ arms. John thought back when he saw Elizabeth dancing to her favorite song. During a birthday party for Carson, but she was dancing with another man. John recalled he did not the fellow well, he thought the man’s name was Mike. John turned back to his beer when caught himself giving the young couple the same dirty look he gave Elizabeth and Mike.

I said Georgia,
      Just an old sweet song
      Keeps Georgia on my mind

Thoughts entered John’s head about why he was bothered with Elizabeth dancing with another man. He danced with many girls. Elizabeth even seen him dance with other women while on Atlantis. John pondered if Elizabeth felt the same when he saw her and Mike. John continued to reminisce; reminisce about how it would feel to dance with Elizabeth on their balcony under the moonlight.

John set down another empty bottle and signaled for more. He knew no matter how much beer he drank the hurt will still be there in the morning. John knew this fact but maybe enough beer could make him forget the pain for a while. The drunken peace John sought was a thin disguise for the hurt he felt. Elizabeth’s song kept playing as John continued on his quest for alcoholic relief.

Georgia, Georgia,
      Keeps Georgia on my mind

John placed yet another empty bottle on the bar. The bartender nodded and opened another bottle. John took a large drink as the song, Elizabeth’s song he thought, ended. John let out a sigh of relief.

“Well friend, if it reminds ya about that special lady” the bartender leaned on the bar towards John, “that’s the idea.”

Keeps Georgia on my mind

I have been planning to stop writing at least for a bit, but y'all keep having all these bad days that need a little brightening up and this is the only way I know how. So... everybody have good days
      Awwwwwww...that's wonderful. And so SAD! Thank you! I appreciate it, especially the feelings portrayed. I think they're right on the money.

We're okay. Our house flooded a little, so there is some damage, but it was runoff, not from the rivers. I did end up stranded on one side of town on Monday night because so many roads were out in my county that I didn't want to chance navigating back to my house. And our main entrance road into my neighborhood was washed out.

It was absolutely nuts. Nobody was anticipating something like his happening. It just rained all last week, and then the rivers couldn't take it anymore, and it was like everything just suddenly spilled over on Monday.

But we're all okay. Thanks for turning one of my favorite songs into such a wonderful fic!!
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Awwwwwww...that's wonderful. And so SAD! Thank you! I appreciate it, especially the feelings portrayed. I think they're right on the money.

We're okay. Our house flooded a little, so there is some damage, but it was runoff, not from the rivers. I did end up stranded on one side of town on Monday night because so many roads were out in my county that I didn't want to chance navigating back to my house. And our main entrance road into my neighborhood was washed out.

It was absolutely nuts. Nobody was anticipating something like his happening. It just rained all last week, and then the rivers couldn't take it anymore, and it was like everything just suddenly spilled over on Monday.

But we're all okay. Thanks for turning one of my favorite songs into such a wonderful fic!!
        You're welcome. I'm glad y'all are alright. We had our basement flood a little when I was younger, but nothing was damaged. The basement was my dad's third tool locker. The biggest problem up here (Chicagoland) is the road conditions during the winter and power outages. I have been lucky enough to not get snowed in at the mill, but my dad was snowed in one time for 36 hours. There's been a few winters where folks have gone two weeks without power. We have a couple generators, but we lone one out to needy neighbors.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Spoiler:

Georgia, oh Georgia,
          The whole day through
          Just an old sweet song
          Keeps Georgia on my mind

And a song of you
          Comes as sweet and clear

John paid little mind to the looks he received for turning down such an attractive woman. But his own thoughts kept him occupied. Questions of what went wrong and how to do things differently swirled in his head. John needed to ease his mind. And the best place was on a serine balcony; with Elizabeth to share the burden and uphold conviction in success.

John Sheppard ordered another beer and listened as the song kept playing. He turned to see a couple slowly turning on the dance floor. The look on their faces showed how content they were to be in each others’ arms. John thought back when he saw Elizabeth dancing to her favorite song. During a birthday party for Carson, but she was dancing with another man. John recalled he did not know the fellow well, he thought the man’s name was Mike. John turned back to his beer when caught himself giving the young couple the same dirty look he gave Elizabeth and Mike.

I said Georgia,
          Just an old sweet song
          Keeps Georgia on my mind

Georgia, Georgia,
          Keeps Georgia on my mind

Keeps Georgia on my mind

That was great. Maybe we'll just pretend to have a bad day so you'll write for us.

Really glad it wasn't any worse. What a bizarre situation.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Angsty Drama Wednesday! <--- John and Lizzie are mocking the angst.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Mom prefers Porto and not wine. Me, I will drink everything to help me support this episode. I'll be an alcoholic by the end of Season 4.lol
            Porto? You mean port? That is wine, it's just fortified with spirits. And it's quite delicious with some gooey, fudgey chocolate cake.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'd do a missing scene after the ladies left. John goes back to the office and talks to Elizabeth. He tells her he thinks Teyla has a thing with one of the Athosians. And she tells him not to be shocked that they all have the right to find happiness. Some people are just too stubborn to see what's right in front of them. He gets all defensive and flees. But she knows she has touched a nerve.
            Aaah, more hinting in plain sight. Gotta love it!

Definitely more strong. And wouldn't it have been great to see John's face, or Ronon's and Rodney's for that matter, when they found out Elizabeth ate the ground squid. LOL Ronon would have been very impressed.
            Bwahahah!!! Oh yes, Ronon would've loved that! Rodney would've been squirming and squealing "EEEW!" and John... hmm, I think John would've been impressed too. And then he'd probably start teasing her about taking her camping.

Totally LOVE this idea.
            Is there a fic about this on the net? A story where Elizabeth and Teyla are alone on a planet and the boys are worried for them.
            Not that I know of. Someone should write one, though. (and don't look at me for that, I'm still working on Big Bang!)
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*huggles Eri* Good to hear everything's okay where you are!

He's playing matchmaker. Woolsey's known forever. Remember his 'we'll cross that bridge when we come to it response' to John in GITM?
              Heck, Woolsey's probably known since at least 'Misbegotten.'

Was he shocked about Teyla's pregnancy or about the fact that she didn't tell him she was pregnant while on the team? I remember the argument scene, but I got the impression he was so angry because she didn't tell him about her being pregnant, which endangered her and the baby. Obviously wrapped into that would be the emotions about a team member and a friend having a baby, but generally John was upset that she had taken such a risk.
              It seemed pretty obvious from John's lines in the script that this was the reason behind John's anger:

SHEPPARD (quietly): Two. We've been ... You let me put you out in the field when you've known you're three months pregnant.

TEYLA: I tried to tell you.

SHEPPARD (still quiet, but obviously angry): You didn't try hard enough.

TEYLA: I am more than capable of ...

SHEPPARD: You got stunned today. Do you have any idea what kind of effect that has?

TEYLA: Athosian women remain very active in the community well up ...

SHEPPARD (interrupting): This is different. We get shot at, beat up, stunned. We take a chance every time we walk through the Gate.

TEYLA: John ...

SHEPPARD: As of this second, you are relieved from active duty.
              I wonder how Elizabeth would have reacted? We got some of the 'that's great' from Franibeth in GITM, but I wonder how Elizabeth would have handled the news early on in the pregnancy. Would she have taken John's side and wanted to protect Teyla, even if Teyla felt she could handle it, or would she have allowed Teyla to make the judgment calls, even if John disagreed?

That would have been fun to see.

And did Sam ever make that call? I don't recall her having much to say about Teyla's pregnancy in the episodes I saw...
              I think Elizabeth would've been happy for Teyla and supportive of her, but I also think that she would've wanted to protect Teyla as well. I'd say part of the reaction is culturally-based; knowingly sending a pregnant woman into a potential combat situation is something that simply isn't done, under any circumstances. Ultimately, I agree with SR that Elizabeth would probably try to mediate some sort of understanding between John and Teyla. And we'd get to see Lizzie's mad diplomatic skillz at work, too.

As I recall, Carter didn't say much of anything, just had a "wow, that's nice" kind of response when Sheppard told her, and that was it. *shrugs*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

Georgia, oh Georgia,
                The whole day through
                Just an old sweet song
                Keeps Georgia on my mind

And a song of you
                Comes as sweet and clear

I said Georgia,
                Just an old sweet song
                Keeps Georgia on my mind

Georgia, Georgia,
                Keeps Georgia on my mind

Keeps Georgia on my mind

*cries* Oh, damn, that's good and angsty! Poor John, getting raked over the coals by Stargate Command and the IOA for what happened to Lizzie when it's their fault that the attack happened in the first place! Life is so unfair sometimes.

Comment

Pkprd: Georgia, oh Georgia The whole day trought Just an old sweet song
                  Keeps Georgia on my mind
                  ...I like this song! I also like what you wrote. I'm fan of your stories, homie.

SK: Yes of course Porto (port) is wine but I wanted to say that my mom is not fan of wine wine. Not really clear.lol
                  And yes someone has to write a story about Elizabeth and Teyla. We have to do a list of the stories that YOU (everybody but not me of course lol) should write.

For the scene in BAMSR: I think Elizabeth woulb be in John side. Of course, she would react better than John. But she wouldn't let Teyla go off world.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *huggles Eri* Good to hear everything's okay where you are!

Heck, Woolsey's probably known since at least 'Misbegotten.'

It seemed pretty obvious from John's lines in the script that this was the reason behind John's anger:

I think Elizabeth would've been happy for Teyla and supportive of her, but I also think that she would've wanted to protect Teyla as well. I'd say part of the reaction is culturally-based; knowingly sending a pregnant woman into a potential combat situation is something that simply isn't done, under any circumstances. Ultimately, I agree with SR that Elizabeth would probably try to mediate some sort of understanding between John and Teyla. And we'd get to see Lizzie's mad diplomatic skillz at work, too.

As I recall, Carter didn't say much of anything, just had a "wow, that's nice" kind of response when Sheppard told her, and that was it. *shrugs*
                    I don't remember Carter having much to do with Teyla at all. Ronon, but not Teyla. I think she considered her to be John's problem since she was on his team. It was funny too that one of the first things Elizabeth (Fran) asked her in GitM was who was the father. But John didn't seem interested. I wonder if Elizabeth had turned up pregnant if Teyla would have had to bother to ask. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't remember Carter having much to do with Teyla at all. Ronon, but not Teyla. I think she considered her to be John's problem since she was on his team. It was funny too that one of the first things Elizabeth (Fran) asked her in GitM was who was the father. But John didn't seem interested. I wonder if Elizabeth had turned up pregnant if Teyla would have had to bother to ask. LOL
                      Maybe because of bearded!Mike.

I love that little moment in GITM, only because of how they react. I'm sure various ships see it various ways, but here's how I see it:

Franibeth (genuinely happy): You have a baby! That's great!

Teyla (suspicious yet kind): Yes.

Franibeth (still genuinely happy): What's the baby's name?

Teyla (still suspicious yet kind): Torren John Emmagan

Franibeth (thinking...): Torren for your father...and John... (pauses, eyes widen) for Colonel Sheppard. And um... (really uncomfortable and awkward suddenly) is he...the...

Teyla (suddenly uncomfortable and EXTREMELY quick with the denial): NO! NO!

Franibeth (calms down, now genuinely happy again): Ah...let me guess it's Kanaan.

Teyla (surprised): WT...Yes. How did you know?
                      I just think it's funny to see both girls awkward over John--especially Elizabeth suddenly trepidatious about asking if it's John's baby, and then how quick Teyla is with that big fat NO! Like she knew how Elizabeth would take that.

While I think the majority of GITM is passable with Michelle Morgan (and it would have broken my heart to see Torri do some of those scenes both in a good and bad way) that's the one scene where I would have LOVED to see how Torri handled it.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*cracks up* Naw, I think Teyla would've so had Lizzie's number.

Maybe because of bearded!Mike.
                        *snerks*

I love that little moment in GITM, only because of how they react. I'm sure various ships see it various ways, but here's how I see it:

Franibeth (genuinely happy): You have a baby! That's great!

Teyla (suspicious yet kind): Yes.

Franibeth (still genuinely happy): What's the baby's name?

Teyla (still suspicious yet kind): Torren John Emmagan

Franibeth (thinking...): Torren for your father...and John... (pauses, eyes widen) for Colonel Sheppard. And um... (really uncomfortable and awkward suddenly) is he...the...

Teyla (suddenly uncomfortable and EXTREMELY quick with the denial): NO! NO!

Franibeth (calms down, now genuinely happy again): Ah...let me guess it's Kanaan.

Teyla (surprised): WT...Yes. How did you know?
                        I just think it's funny to see both girls awkward over John--especially Elizabeth suddenly trepidatious about asking if it's John's baby, and then how quick Teyla is with that big fat NO! Like she knew how Elizabeth would take that.
                        *cackles* Oh heck yeah! Even when Lizzie's in another body, she and Teyla are still Best Friends Forever!

While I think the majority of GITM is passable with Michelle Morgan (and it would have broken my heart to see Torri do some of those scenes both in a good and bad way) that's the one scene where I would have LOVED to see how Torri handled it.
                        Ohhhhhh yes. The way that Torri can get downright impish would've been fun to see unleashed when Lizzie's asking Teyla about Kanaan.

Comment

Oh and before I forget: SyFy's rerunning The Return, Part 1 today. Time to get ready for some cheeky!Sparky!

Comment

I'm so proud of me. Finally, I watched "The Seer" with mom. I was almost asleep when I heard Rodney saying "Elizabeth" and after it was John. There are two little references to her. If you have some comments about these scenes, let me know.
                            "The Seer" is a little boring but not really a bad episode (for the season 4 because if I compare it to the all show, it was horrible.lol). Like Todd's joke and the little conflict between Woolsey and Carter. I would love to see Elizabeth in this scene instead Carter but she was great.
                            Mom likes "McGyver's girlfriend" in this episode.
                            Last edited by Probie; 23 September 2009, 01:59 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I'm so proud of me. Finally, I watched "The Seer" with mom. I was almost asleep when I heard Rodney saying "Elizabeth" and after it was John. There are two little references to her. If you have some comments about these scenes, let me know.
                              "The Seer" is a little boring but not really a bad episode (for the season 4 because if I compare it to the all show, it was horrible.lol). Like Todd's joke and the little conflict between Woolsey and Carter. I would love to see Elizabeth in this scene instead Carter but she was great.
                              Mom likes "McGyver's girlfriend" in this episode.
                              'The Seer.' Another one that really should've had Elizabeth there. We never got to see Sheppard get a vision, did we? Would've been interesting to see what he might have seen...

Comment

Oh and before I forget: SyFy's rerunning The Return, Part 1 today. Time to get ready for some cheeky!Sparky!
                                We have switched to watching S3 on DVD. My husband couldn't take another commercial for Ghost Hunters. So we are a day behind. We watched Phantoms today. Nothing really to report but I had forgotten just how well written this one was. And it was much scarier than Whispers.

'The Seer.' Another one that really should've had Elizabeth there. We never got to see Sheppard get a vision, did we? Would've been interesting to see what he might have seen...
                                The beginning of the marginalization of Sheppard.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X