Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    I always think really carefully before I send my posts. I try not to comment about other fans, I have however, done an informal fanfic survey of how Teyla is protrayed by fanfic writers so what I wrote about the fanfic profile of Teyla is based on that.

I've even posted in the Teyla appreciation thread to say to Teyla fans how I'd like to see Teyla protrayed.

I feel, you've kind of lumped us all into particular corrall where we've all been bashing Rachel and Teyla fans. In fact, when I read back over the replies the worst I have read is that Rachel might be a "ditz" - hardly hugely insulting and that she might have a crush on JF in real life which if you then read subsequent posts was self-moderated by others in the thread. In addition, I've also read many positive comments about Rachel and her acting ability. I've read much worse about Torri and Weir! FP's comments on Teyla fans was clearly her view of them and again although it might have been coloured by her viewpoint did not offer any judgement. I actually feel that your post was inappropriate.

I'm sorry if Teyla fans find even small things like this offensive, but I get uncomfortable at the thought of being "censored" i.e. I am not allowed to dislike how a character is protrayed neither am I allowed to disagree with an actor's view of situation or perhaps question it.

As much as your allowed to disagree with an actor's view of a situation someone else should be allowed to say that it makes them uncomfortable. Insinuating a crush might or might not offend someone but since we are not that person and we don't know how that person would feel about it, I just said that it might be seen as offensive. I have no problem discussing interviews and interpretations of interviews and such but as I said IMO that I dont feel comfortable with the suggestion of someone pushing a couple on the show bcse they might have a crush on that individual, esp. if that person happens to be married.

Also, Gateworld is visited by the writers and some of the actors visit this board so Im not sure how something like that would be taken.

Anyway, this is a Sheppard and Weir forum so this is the last time I'll put in my two cents on this particular subject.
    Out of curiousity, what do people honestly expect will happen to the Sheppard and Weir relationship in intruder. From the spoilers released, it looks like we will be getting some more personal info on both characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      Pretty sure that was one of mine, SGLAB. Did Rodney wander in with a bowl of popcorn? Anyway, if that's the one you're thinking of, it was "Impromtu", one of a series of vignettes. Here's the whole series:

Peace Tonight
      Moondance
      In the Details
      Impromptu
      Watch by Night
      Oh my gosh! Thank you Mel, this is exactly the story I was thinking. I just read Impromptu and Watch by Night. Impromptu was so cute. watch by Night was so sweet.

I'll read the series later when I have more time. I was just thinking of the story Impromptu this morning all of a sudden. It was one of the first shep/weir stories I read. I forgot it was part of a series. Thanks again. Now I have to go and feed the kitties.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonaille
        As much as your allowed to disagree with an actor's view of a situation someone else should be allowed to say that it makes them uncomfortable. Insinuating a crush might or might not offend someone but since we are not that person and we don't know how that person would feel about it, I just said that it might be seen as offensive. I have no problem discussing interviews and interpretations of interviews and such but as I said IMO that I dont feel comfortable with the suggestion of someone pushing a couple on the show bcse they might have a crush on that individual, esp. if that person happens to be married.
        Firstly, I happen to agree with you about the crush comments. I think I said it was self-moderated by others (including you) in the thread and therefore there was no need for someone else to come and reprimand others about it. Secondly, I don't think I was replying to your post, so I fail to see how what I wrote could be seen as contradicting you!

Comment

I was just thinking about the off duty physical contact thing and it just came to me, Rachel was talking about the stick fighting. Teyla and John practice stick fighting when there not on duty so it doesn't mean anything. Also the TPTB have learned to not push ships so early in the show bcse of the Sam/Jack thing.

Comment

Firstly, I happen to agree with you about the crush comments. I think I said it was self-moderated by others (including you) in the thread and therefore there was no need for someone else to come and reprimand others about it. Secondly, I don't think I was replying to your post, so I fail to see how what I wrote could be seen as contradicting you!
            I didn't see it as you contradicting my post I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't into censuring anyone, and Im sorry I didn't make myself more clear.

Sorry about that, and I wasn't talking to you directly.

Comment

I was just thinking about the off duty physical contact thing and it just came to me, Rachel was talking about the stick fighting. Teyla and John practice stick fighting when there not on duty so it doesn't mean anything. Also the TPTB have learned to not push ships so early in the show bcse of the Sam/Jack thing.
              That's what I think too, and the NE being the NE would twist it cos sex sells... *rolls eyes*

Comment

I didn't see it as you contradicting my post I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't into censuring anyone, and Im sorry I didn't make myself more clear.
                On the contrary, in my opinion, your post about not feeling comfortable was entirely appropriate and was not censorious in the slightest, but a good post saying how something made you feel and one of the reasons why I didn't leap in myself and say that I thought that speculating on crushes wasn't appropriate either.

(sorry that sentence was too long)

Comment

Out of curiousity, what do people honestly expect will happen to the Sheppard and Weir relationship in intruder. From the spoilers released, it looks like we will be getting some more personal info on both characters.
                  Well, i haven't read spoilers, the most i've seen have been a couple promotional shot from a while back. But i do know what i want, i'm happy with just the possibility.
                  I think it's too soon for resolution, the quiet support and deep respect we've got so far are enough for now. More gaze fests, ust, smoldering, "makes me want a cold shower" UST.
                  And i definitely know what i don't want, no RST, no grand love declarations, as long as we don't have to wait 'till season 9 for some lousy kissing i'll consider myself a happy camper, oh, and NO BABIES. Yeah, that would be it.
                  Anyway, Luz, try searching Google for the word "Sheyla."
                  OH MY GOSH!!!, i did that just to have some mindless fun, you don't want to know what i found, i completely refuse to use that word EVER again, from now on it'll be Sheppard/Teyla, longer but at least i don't feel a compulsive need to wash my hands, LOL.
                  And so as not to hurt any sensibilities, this is meant as not disrespect for the ship, i just don't like that word for the ship, Sheyla is a dirty dirty girl
                  Last edited by Luz; 04 July 2005, 02:16 PM.

Comment

On the contrary, in my opinion, your post about not feeling comfortable was entirely appropriate and was not censorious in the slightest, but a good post saying how something made you feel and one of the reasons why I didn't leap in myself and say that I thought that speculating on crushes wasn't appropriate either.

(sorry that sentence was too long)

That's cool And i just have to say your banner always makes me sigh bcse I would love to see Torri with longer hair, it really suits her. Maybe by the the third season will get Torri with longer hair?

Comment

Anybody read Joe Mallozzi's latest Blog Entry
                      http://www.gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml
                      [Long Goodbye]
                      Spoiler:
                      Apparently Torri gets to Kick major butt in this. I'm thinking she goes off-world with Sheppard and co. If she does it could offer us a lot of bonding with Sheppard and for her to see first hand what he does and maybe expand and offer a new dynamic to their relationship.

[The Tower]
                      Spoiler:
                      Another story which seems to be Weir-centric. Liz faces a major dilemma in her dealings with an interesting new ally.

It seems this season we will get a lot more character development for Liz than in Season 1 and hopefully it will give more good development for the John/Liz relationship.

Comment

So the Shep/Weir fans don't miss out.

Comment

I've told you once and I'll tell ya again. It looks great.
                          ~Athena

Comment

and the villagers rejoice...
                            Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Cover looks good. I have a question, it reveals what a newbie I am in the SG world, but I have seen many references to the Sam/Jack ship having issues in early seasons. I haven't seen all that much of SG-1, so could someone give me a brief synopsis of what went wrong? It would be inetresting to see if the writers are following a similar or much different path with Atlantis. Thanks much, (If spoilers want to be avoided a PM would be fine)

Royal
                              Last edited by Royal_Nonesuch; 04 July 2005, 08:46 PM.

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                                Cover looks good. I have a question, it reveals what a newbie I am in the SG world, but I have seen many references to the Sam/Jack ship having issues in early seasons. I haven't seen all that much of SG-1, so could someone give me a brief synopsis of what went wrong? It would be inetresting to see if the writers are following a similar or much different path with Atlantis. Thanks much, (If spoilers want to be avoided a PM would be fine)

Royal

Well , it depends on you who ask but for me the biggest problems were changing Sam from one of the boys into this lovesick puppy that I personally could no longer recognize and of course the Jack and Daniel relationship being diminished or sidelined in favor of giving Sam and Jack more scenes. Weir or teyla becoming infatuated or fighting over Sheppard would kill the show or ruining the McKay and Sheppard relationship in my opinion so Im sure PTB won't follow that road. So far I see no indication from the writers nor the actors to push romance on the show.

I only wished that interviewers would stop asking RL or TH idiot questions like so when will she be hooked up with Sheppard or if Teyla and Weir are going to fight over Sheppard It irritates me that some people still see female characters as love interest and nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                                X