Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! This is so awesome! She's looking at that poor loser (gah I hate him! he was such a LAME plot device of Marty G), and she's looking at him over John's gift, and "get lost" is written all over her face. Neeener neeener!
    And you'll notice that he is never seen or heard of again. Now that's a plot device. LOL I saw him as a John archetype. Messy hair, cocky attitude, pale imitation of whom she really wants.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Of course Sparky is everywhere
    Just wondering, is it me, or can other people see that reflection of a guy in the window? Let's ignore the fact that it's prolly the photographer, but that it's John, making sure that looser isn't touching his wife!
    OMG! Unless the photographer wears a black wristband and likes to put his hands on his hips, I'd say it could be John. Or his ghost.

I just watched that video again where Joe kisses Torri at ComicCon... it's totally hilarious how she just keeps on talking after that like it was the most normal thing in the world
    I mean... if that man would kiss me... Dang! I think I would be talking gibberish for the rest of the day
    I've heard people report that when they meet him they forget how to speak English. LOL
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

All this talk about the hair, (ARGH!) I'm flashing back to a night of Atlantis watching and all my buddies taunting me about my hair. Hmm, I know I have clippers around here somewhere...
      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Since we're talking about kisses....

Kisses
        Awesome!!
        *bounces around happily*

Sig by me

Comment

i was talking about John and Elizabeth getting "married" prior to first stike? so who are u talking about thats old and crusty?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And you'll notice that he is never seen or heard of again. Now that's a plot device. LOL I saw him as a John archetype. Messy hair, cocky attitude, pale imitation of whom she really wants.

OMG! Unless the photographer wears a black wristband and likes to put his hands on his hips, I'd say it could be John. Or his ghost.

LOL, so true. One can't really call Kanaan a "plot device" he was actually seen around more and had a pivotal role to play. Mike was there simply to fill in space.

OMG, I haven't noticed that shadow on the glass! That HAS to be John! And she's all like "Get out of here, you sad loser, my hubs is right outside the door, and if you don't leave he'll see you out!" HAHA!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

See, I was thinking the same thing
              John is so spying on them

I've heard people report that when they meet him they forget how to speak English. LOL
              Hehe, would so happen to me too
              But then again, when I got to talk to Colin Ferguson (someone who really is not my type, but Dang!! he doesn't have to ask me twice ) I didn't freak out or anything... was so proud about that
              So maybe if I ever get to meet Joe, I'll be able to keep myself upright too... until I'm out of his vision and then I can start freaking out uncontrollably

Sig by me

Comment

OMG, I haven't noticed that shadow on the glass! That HAS to be John! And she's all like "Get out of here, you sad loser, my hubs is right outside the door, and if you don't leave he'll see you out!" HAHA!
                Rofl, she really is so thinking that, isn't she!

Sig by me

Comment

Hehe, would so happen to me too
                  But then again, when I got to talk to Colin Ferguson (someone who really is not my type, but Dang!! he doesn't have to ask me twice ) I didn't freak out or anything... was so proud about that
                  So maybe if I ever get to meet Joe, I'll be able to keep myself upright too... until I'm out of his vision and then I can start freaking out uncontrollably
                  Lol, same here. At my work I can handle all kinds of nutjobs, but I'm not sure I could handle talking to Joe, or Torri, or anyone from the cast. Well, especially Joe, I fangirl him too much and I would blush like mad! *g* I doubt I'll ever go to any con, they're too far away from where I live, but one of my friends was so nice to get me his autograph. That was so awesome! *g*

Comment

Part 1 of the married couple bunny...
                    Part 2 will follow soon...
                    This is not beta'd, so please be kind

Spoiler:
                    “No!” John shouted through his microphone. “If you dare to reactivate her nanites, I’m sending both of you back to Earth the minute the gate’s working again.”
                    “But…”
                    “What part of ‘no’ don’t you get, McKay? She explicitly told me she never ever ever wanted those nanites active again. I’m respecting her wishes, why can’t you?”
                    “Fine…” Rodney said, knowing he couldn’t argue against that. “But if she doesn’t make it…”
                    “I won’t blame you , Rodney. And she’ll make it… She has to make it.”
                    “I’ll do my best, Colonel.” Keller assured him.
                    “Thank you.” John whispered into the microphone. “Just… don’t reactivate the nanites, no matter what happens.”
                    “Alright.” “Ok.”

It was hours later when the crisis had slightly passed and people had slowly started to relax again that John finally found himself in the infirmary. It was difficult to see her lying like this, so pale and so weak. It was so unlike her. He had never known her to be the weak one. She was always strong, always ready to face whatever they needed to face. She was the one that made him and held him strong. He didn’t know if he’d be able to keep up that strength without her by his side.
                    Keller had told him that she was in a coma and then gave him the worst news: she highly doubted Elizabeth would ever wake up again.
                    Giving the order to reactivate the nanites would be so easy… she would be ok again. But he couldn’t . He simply couldn’t defy her wishes. She had told him what they had done to her, about the nightmare they had pushed her in.
                    She would rather kill herself than live through that again. Never again.
                    Sitting down on the chair next to her bed, he gently took her hand in his. He wasn’t sure what to say or what to do, so he simply sat there, holding her hand, somehow knowing that this was already a support for her.

“How is she?”
                    John looked up into the worried face of Ronon.
                    “Not good.” John admitted.
                    The large runner always knew his friend better than he usually showed and his face turned knowing.
                    “How are you holding up?”
                    John shrugged. “Fine… considering.”
                    “Hmpf.” Ronon never was a man of many words, but the few things he said were usually right on target. As he sat down in the chair on the other side of the bed, he looked intently at the Colonel.
                    “How long have you guys been married?”
                    John’s head whipped up so fast that Ronon almost winched, but the look of utter surprise and horror was so comical, that he also had to restrain a grin.
                    “Wha… I… no…” A nervous laugh escaped John. “Why would you think something like that?”
                    Ronon didn’t say a word and just smiled, giving John that knowing look again.
                    John squirmed under his friend’s gaze and finally relented. “How can you possibly know?”
                    The grin on Ronon’s face instantly grew. “You may not know it, but the way you guys treat each other just screams married couple.”
                    John squirmed again. They really had tried so hard to keep it under wraps.
                    “It was that obvious?”
                    “Not really… just at some times. I wonder though when it happened. You never left for Earth at the same time.”
                    “It didn’t happen on Earth, so according to Earth rules, I don’t think we’re officially married.”
                    “But in your hearts you are?” Ronon asked and John nodded. “Then screw what Earth says, it’s what’s in your heart that’s important.”
                    “Right now my heart is screaming to reactivate her nanites.” John admitted.
                    “She asked you never to do it, so you won’t.”
                    “Of course not… but still…”
                    “You’re only respecting her wishes.” Ronon pointed out and John nodded again, gripping her hand just a bit tighter.
                    Ronon knew he had to get their conversation back to happier times because his friend looked gloomier and gloomier by the second.
                    “So, tell me about the wedding.”
                    “Ronon…”
                    “What? I may not look like it, but I’m a bit of a romantic at heart. It’s one of the things my wife loved about me.”
                    John couldn’t help the small smile that played on his lips after hearing that confession. His mind provided him with the image of Ronon in a tux, holding a bouquet of red flowers, sitting on one knee and serenading to his wife. The smile on his face turned into a grin.
                    “It was M45-139.”
                    Ronon looked knowingly again. “Only you and Weir were allowed to the negotiations on that world, weren’t you? The leader and her bodyguard.”
                    John nodded. “Yeah. It was our second trip there and some crazy lady began chanting a song when we entered the main hall and suddenly the people from that world went insane too, asking if we were married.”
                    Ronon grinned. “See, you’re even obvious to people from other planets.”
                    “No.” John shook his head. “It was just that one crazy lady. She claimed she talked to the spirits and the spirits had told her we must marry before negotiations could continue. Elizabeth tried to talk them out of it, tried to tell them that we were only co-workers and friends. That there was nothing more going on between us.”
                    “And was that true?”
                    John gave his friend a glare. “Of course it was… we always knew we cared a lot about each other, but we never let our feelings dictate our actions towards each other.”
                    Ronon smiled again. “You sound a lot like her, you know that?”
                    “She taught me well.” John admitted. “You want to hear the rest of it or not?”
                    “Oh yeah!” Ronon grinned his teeth bare and sat back in his chair, clearly ready for more.
                    John glared again, but continued anyway, feeling the need to finally talk to someone about what had really happened.
                    “The people organizing the negotiations didn’t listen to Elizabeth but only to the crazy spirit-talking lady. We asked for a few moments alone to confer and they granted it.

FLASHBACK
                    “John… we can’t do this… if the IOA finds out…”
                    “Elizabeth, you know just as well as I do how important these negotiations are. And besides, I don’t think an off-world marriage conducted by aliens counts for US marriage laws. Also, we’re the only ones here. No one has to know.”
                    She seemed doubtful, her head still troubled by all the consequences they could be facing.
                    “Come on, Liz’beth, these are good allies. I’m willing to do this for the good of Atlantis and the expedition.”
                    “Are you guild-talking me into this, Colonel?”
                    He gave her an innocent grin. “Me, Doc? Never!”
                    Rubbing her hand over her face, she let out a sigh. “Marriage… God, we haven’t even kissed and now we’re supposed to get married…”
                    “Liz’beth…”
                    She looked up at him and slightly gasped at the sudden look of longing in his darkening eyes. Taking the one step that still separated them, he took her face between his hands and sealed her lips with his.
                    For a second she was so shocked she didn’t react, but his kiss was demanding and she melted into it, returning it without hesitation.
                    When he finally let go of her, they were both breathing heavily and when she looked into his eyes, the longing had turned into pure unadultered lust and she was sure hers mirrored the same feeling.
                    “We can do this.” He whispered softly, tracing her cheek with his thumb and she couldn’t help but agree with him.

END FLASHBACK

TBC

Sig by me

Comment

Nice story Kris.

Spoiler:
                      Ronon as a romantic. I've heard girls say, "You macho men are all closet mushy guys."
                      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

LOL, so true. One can't really call Kanaan a "plot device" he was actually seen around more and had a pivotal role to play. Mike was there simply to fill in space.

And he can kick your scrawny butt back to the Milky Way...now how about that lunch?

Part 1 of the married couple bunny...
                        Part 2 will follow soon...
                        This is not beta'd, so please be kind

Spoiler:
                        “No!” John shouted through his microphone. “If you dare to reactivate her nanites, I’m sending both of you back to Earth the minute the gate’s working again.”
                        “But…”
                        “What part of ‘no’ don’t you get, McKay? She explicitly told me she never ever ever wanted those nanites active again. I’m respecting her wishes, why can’t you?”
                        “Fine…” Rodney said, knowing he couldn’t argue against that. “But if she doesn’t make it…”
                        “I won’t blame you , Rodney. And she’ll make it… She has to make it.”
                        “I’ll do my best, Colonel.” Keller assured him.
                        “Thank you.” John whispered into the microphone. “Just… don’t reactivate the nanites, no matter what happens.”
                        “Alright.” “Ok.”

It was hours later when the crisis had slightly passed and people had slowly started to relax again that John finally found himself in the infirmary. It was difficult to see her lying like this, so pale and so weak. It was so unlike her. He had never known her to be the weak one. She was always strong, always ready to face whatever they needed to face. She was the one that made him and held him strong. He didn’t know if he’d be able to keep up that strength without her by his side.
                        Keller had told him that she was in a coma and then gave him the worst news: she highly doubted Elizabeth would ever wake up again.
                        Giving the order to reactivate the nanites would be so easy… she would be ok again. But he couldn’t . He simply couldn’t defy her wishes. She had told him what they had done to her, about the nightmare they had pushed her in.
                        She would rather kill herself than live through that again. Never again.
                        Sitting down on the chair next to her bed, he gently took her hand in his. He wasn’t sure what to say or what to do, so he simply sat there, holding her hand, somehow knowing that this was already a support for her.

“How is she?”
                        John looked up into the worried face of Ronon.
                        “Not good.” John admitted.
                        The large runner always knew his friend better than he usually showed and his face turned knowing.
                        “How are you holding up?”
                        John shrugged. “Fine… considering.”
                        “Hmpf.” Ronon never was a man of many words, but the few things he said were usually right on target. As he sat down in the chair on the other side of the bed, he looked intently at the Colonel.
                        “How long have you guys been married?”
                        John’s head whipped up so fast that Ronon almost winched, but the look of utter surprise and horror was so comical, that he also had to restrain a grin.
                        “Wha… I… no…” A nervous laugh escaped John. “Why would you think something like that?”
                        Ronon didn’t say a word and just smiled, giving John that knowing look again.
                        John squirmed under his friend’s gaze and finally relented. “How can you possibly know?”
                        The grin on Ronon’s face instantly grew. “You may not know it, but the way you guys treat each other just screams married couple.”
                        John squirmed again. They really had tried so hard to keep it under wraps.
                        “It was that obvious?”
                        “Not really… just at some times. I wonder though when it happened. You never left for Earth at the same time.”
                        “It didn’t happen on Earth, so according to Earth rules, I don’t think we’re officially married.”
                        “But in your hearts you are?” Ronon asked and John nodded. “Then screw what Earth says, it’s what’s in your heart that’s important.”
                        “Right now my heart is screaming to reactivate her nanites.” John admitted.
                        “She asked you never to do it, so you won’t.”
                        “Of course not… but still…”
                        “You’re only respecting her wishes.” Ronon pointed out and John nodded again, gripping her hand just a bit tighter.
                        Ronon knew he had to get their conversation back to happier times because his friend looked gloomier and gloomier by the second.
                        “So, tell me about the wedding.”
                        “Ronon…”
                        “What? I may not look like it, but I’m a bit of a romantic at heart. It’s one of the things my wife loved about me.”
                        John couldn’t help the small smile that played on his lips after hearing that confession. His mind provided him with the image of Ronon in a tux, holding a bouquet of red flowers, sitting on one knee and serenading to his wife. The smile on his face turned into a grin.
                        “It was M45-139.”
                        Ronon looked knowingly again. “Only you and Weir were allowed to the negotiations on that world, weren’t you? The leader and her bodyguard.”
                        John nodded. “Yeah. It was our second trip there and some crazy lady began chanting a song when we entered the main hall and suddenly the people from that world went insane too, asking if we were married.”
                        Ronon grinned. “See, you’re even obvious to people from other planets.”
                        “No.” John shook his head. “It was just that one crazy lady. She claimed she talked to the spirits and the spirits had told her we must marry before negotiations could continue. Elizabeth tried to talk them out of it, tried to tell them that we were only co-workers and friends. That there was nothing more going on between us.”
                        “And was that true?”
                        John gave his friend a glare. “Of course it was… we always knew we cared a lot about each other, but we never let our feelings dictate our actions towards each other.”
                        Ronon smiled again. “You sound a lot like her, you know that?”
                        “She taught me well.” John admitted. “You want to hear the rest of it or not?”
                        “Oh yeah!” Ronon grinned his teeth bare and sat back in his chair, clearly ready for more.
                        John glared again, but continued anyway, feeling the need to finally talk to someone about what had really happened.
                        “The people organizing the negotiations didn’t listen to Elizabeth but only to the crazy spirit-talking lady. We asked for a few moments alone to confer and they granted it.

FLASHBACK
                        “John… we can’t do this… if the IOA finds out…”
                        “Elizabeth, you know just as well as I do how important these negotiations are. And besides, I don’t think an off-world marriage conducted by aliens counts for US marriage laws. Also, we’re the only ones here. No one has to know.”
                        She seemed doubtful, her head still troubled by all the consequences they could be facing.
                        “Come on, Liz’beth, these are good allies. I’m willing to do this for the good of Atlantis and the expedition.”
                        “Are you guild-talking me into this, Colonel?”
                        He gave her an innocent grin. “Me, Doc? Never!”
                        Rubbing her hand over her face, she let out a sigh. “Marriage… God, we haven’t even kissed and now we’re supposed to get married…”
                        “Liz’beth…”
                        She looked up at him and slightly gasped at the sudden look of longing in his darkening eyes. Taking the one step that still separated them, he took her face between his hands and sealed her lips with his.
                        For a second she was so shocked she didn’t react, but his kiss was demanding and she melted into it, returning it without hesitation.
                        When he finally let go of her, they were both breathing heavily and when she looked into his eyes, the longing had turned into pure unadultered lust and she was sure hers mirrored the same feeling.
                        “We can do this.” He whispered softly, tracing her cheek with his thumb and she couldn’t help but agree with him.

END FLASHBACK

TBC
                        Well I just have one word for that:

Spoiler:
                        Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                          Nice story Kris.

Spoiler:
                          Ronon as a romantic. I've heard girls say, "You macho men are all closet mushy guys."
                          To me he always looked like a big huggable puppy. Or a teddy bear. And he did follow Teyla around like a puppy. Also they had some killer chemistry and Ronon never had problems about touching Teyla.

This was supposed to be Sparky and Spanky vid, but I think Spanky stole the whole thing.

Comment

To me he always looked like a big huggable puppy. Or a teddy bear. And he did follow Teyla around like a puppy. Also they had some killer chemistry and Ronon never had problems about touching Teyla.

This was supposed to be Sparky and Spanky vid, but I think Spanky stole the whole thing.
                            Yeah, I was so in love with Spanky in S2. But again TPTB chose badly and dropped the ball. You know what I think is part of it. The guys on the team treated Teyla like a sister and also did the same thing in real life. In fact on the "Conversations with the Colonel" special on the DVD's Joe makes some very interesting statements.

He says without Rachel they would just be a bunch of sweaty men. LOL And then he goes on to mention how they tease her and give her a hard time and she takes the bait every time. And it's lovely the way he talks about how happy he was to see her become a mom with much the same tone of voice as John in GitM in the conversation with Elizabeth. He even says "yeah" the exact same way John does. So I think the siblings thing runs throughout the team. No chance of any romantic chemistry with your sister. LOL

Sadly that killed Spanky I guess and not so sadly any other possible ship in that group. Whereas, to keep this on topic, Torri didn't spend as much time with the guys but most of her scenes were with John/Rodney or one of them alone. It does make a difference I think. You get 3 guys together and one girl and teasing will happen. Plus I think Torri would tend to give them as good as she got. I think Rachel is hoping to appeal to their kinder gentler sides. Does she have brothers? Because that never works. Trust me. My own brother teases me as much as he ever did.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was so in love with Spanky in S2. But again TPTB chose badly and dropped the ball. You know what I think is part of it. The guys on the team treated Teyla like a sister and also did the same thing in real life. In fact on the "Conversations with the Colonel" special on the DVD's Joe makes some very interesting statements.

He says without Rachel they would just be a bunch of sweaty men. LOL And then he goes on to mention how they tease her and give her a hard time and she takes the bait every time. And it's lovely the way he talks about how happy he was to see her become a mom with much the same tone of voice as John in GitM in the conversation with Elizabeth. He even says "yeah" the exact same way John does. So I think the siblings thing runs throughout the team. No chance of any romantic chemistry with your sister. LOL

Sadly that killed Spanky I guess and not so sadly any other possible ship in that group. Whereas, to keep this on topic, Torri didn't spend as much time with the guys but most of her scenes were with John/Rodney or one of them alone. It does make a difference I think. You get 3 guys together and one girl and teasing will happen. Plus I think Torri would tend to give them as good as she got. I think Rachel is hoping to appeal to their kinder gentler sides. Does she have brothers? Because that never works. Trust me. My own brother teases me as much as he ever did.
                              I don't have siblings, but I do have cousins and they tend to be obnoxious and give me hard time, but they love me all the same. It's great kind of love. It's understandable how that kind of feeling slips into teamy scenes (God, just when i think of "Phantoms" - that's a great example), so yeah, that could have possibly ended Spanky. That's a shame, I still love them. They do have great sexual chemistry too, and they're cute - she's tiny, he's this huge bear - guy, but he follows her like a puppy and she can kick his ass any time. *loves*

Just check out this spanky vid. Tooooooo cuteeee!

But other cute choices for Teyla could have been Carson or Lorne.

And that's an interesting thought - Elizabeth was never the part of the team, so that made her chemistry with John so ... obvious and unique in kind.

Comment

I don't have siblings, but I do have cousins and they tend to be obnoxious and give me hard time, but they love me all the same. It's great kind of love. It's understandable how that kind of feeling slips into teamy scenes (God, just when i think of "Phantoms" - that's a great example), so yeah, that could have possibly ended Spanky. That's a shame, I still love them. They do have great sexual chemistry too, and they're cute - she's tiny, he's this huge bear - guy, but he follows her like a puppy and she can kick his ass any time. *loves*

Just check out this spanky vid. Tooooooo cuteeee!

But other cute choices for Teyla could have been Carson or Lorne.

And that's an interesting thought - Elizabeth was never the part of the team, so that made her chemistry with John so ... obvious and unique in kind.
                                That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. And I have cousins too. Being Southern I have tons of cousins. They all are quite a bit older than I am and it was always like having several brothers. They still bug the tar out of me at family get togethers but they're old men now and I can still outrun them. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X