Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Proof that Elizabeth ascended, came back for John, helped him ascend and now they are having glowy, um, "relations".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090219...spaceastronomy

hehehehehehe

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
    *THUD*

ZOMFGWTFBBQ!!!!!!

Oh, that is just priceless! Glowy Sparky!sex for the epic win!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I saw that and thought that Rodney must have blown something up again. I'm a bad Sparky.

Also this article made me lol. Hey, check the ocean for a giant city guys.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_11729730?source=rss
    *dies laughing*

Oh crap. (and yes, that was a deliberate pun!) Looks like Carson needs to work on his landings.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good afternoon, Sparkies!

It's another lovely Pretty!Day, and I have a fic rec for you!

Like A Flower of the Field, by Mama Jo. Elizabeth had always had that way about her, that way of making him feel light again. Set in Season 1, spoilers for Childhood's End. Yeah, that's right... old school Sparky.

Happy reading!
      That was just perfect. I'm always in need of fluff.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        DO IT! *ahem* I'll happily write you a fic in return *g*
        Oooh, just what I need, SK! Hopefully it's not too long.... then bedtime for me, because my head hurts like hell.
        Deal! And feel better.

Thanks, SK for the ficlet! Since it was on ff.net it was one I could actually read. Lovely imagery!
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*snickers*

Awwww! But this is one infection that we're proud to have!

ROTFLMAO! Ah, the funny caps continue!
          LOL at the shroud one! *dies laughing*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
          I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
          Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Why won't you write fanfic? This is the perfect missing scene that we'd all SQUEEEE for
            Because after two lines I couldn't figure out how to tie it to the end line

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Love em, but I always have to question Elizabeth's taste with that bowl. I understand she's into native art, but seriously? Who made that?
            In one of the commentaries (I think it is around TR timeframe) they talk about how they will be able to clear all the crap out of her office. But then they realised that even if she went back to earth, even if they blew up the gateroom, that all that crap would come back in the next ep coz it would have been locked up somewhere out of harms way

I agree with SR, Keller was completely 180 degrees of difference from Kaylee. Kaylee was adorable and awesome, and easily my favorite on Firefly at first (though that is one of those shows where it's hard to pick a favorite after a while, all the characters are so good--I've ended up becoming a fan of ALL those actors in the same way I'm a fan of Torri--I'll basically watch anything they're in if I can help it).

That's why I was kinda disappointed in Jewel's role here. My joy of seeing her (and Amanda Tapping) lasted all of 5 seconds when I discovered at the same time Torri was out. Replacing a beloved character like Beckett is hard, but I wish they'd given her a better character to do it with. I don't know. I'm not a good judge on Keller; I liked her in the S4 I saw, but to me she just didn't 'fit', but that not fitting for me may be because it coincided with the cast/character overhaul. Nothing against Keller OR Jewel, just the feeling in general of the show not being the same. I will say that attempting to shoot a character up to 'regular' status and giving her her own episodes when the audience doesn't know her and are 3 years into a show's development is rarely a good idea.

But JS is a pretty good character actress IMO--if you saw her in Higher Ground, she played this laid back goth girl who was interesting and at the same time, serious. All three roles (or, at least the 6 or so episodes I saw of her in SGA) were very different characters. I don't know about handing her uber-high dramatic roles since I've never seen her play something like that, but even just based on the more serious nature Kaylee had in Serenity, I'd say she'd probably do well.

And Sparky is totally infectious. A fun, good kind of infectious.
            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I'm a Firefly fanatic and I don't think Keller is a bit like Kaylee. Kaylee was spunky, outspoken, funny, and just adorable. She was a child prodigy of sorts yeah, but didn't try to be anything else but a mechanic. And they shipped her with someone close to her age. *hrumph*

The second Misbegotten one make me choke on my coffee. Also the Landry eye sex is starting to scare me.
            As I say, I've never seen Firefly. Not even a promo for it. Perhaps they were going for the sweet and innocent angle with Keller too? IDK.

Generally in sci-fi they seem to have an everyman/woman character. In Star Trek, it was Scotty, Enterprise it was Trip, perhaps that is what they envisaged with Keller? Just poorly executed?

One theory I do support is that the character of Keller was created to replace Weir, not Teyla or Beckett. It has been bandied about on GW. I didn't believe it during s4, but it seemed pretty accurate in s5

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Teyla/Kate of course.

*scurries off again*
            Teyla/Kate vs Ronon/Jennifer - no contest there

Oh my GOD! NO coffe handy, but these did make me forget a bit about my migraine. I loved them, especially the last one - you should write fanfic, or at least crackfic!

I have a fic in the works at the moment, so this one is nothing new, but if you're in the mood for crack.... Barefoot and handcuffed -- Rodney manages to get himself and John in some major trouble. John is not happy.
            Have you tried acupunture? Or as a last resort, alcohol

As I said, I'd struggle to write a paragraph. I have tried, but the results aren't pretty. Although I was fairly pleased with one of those Ways Carter Died on Atlantis crackfics I did back in the day
            sigpic

Comment

Oh my gosh, look at the time!

T-minus 1 day to this week's post-a-thon!

We'll be watching another two snark-worthy classics from Season 2: Grace Under Pressure and The Tower. Tomorrow, February 21, at 2pm Pacific Time! So come on out and show your Sparky pride!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                In one of the commentaries (I think it is around TR timeframe) they talk about how they will be able to clear all the crap out of her office. But then they realised that even if she went back to earth, even if they blew up the gateroom, that all that crap would come back in the next ep coz it would have been locked up somewhere out of harms way
                *snorts* Well, I guess we found yet another reason why they got rid of Weir! Not that it worked, because Carter and Woolsey both put more crap in the office than Weir ever had!

As I say, I've never seen Firefly. Not even a promo for it. Perhaps they were going for the sweet and innocent angle with Keller too? IDK.

Generally in sci-fi they seem to have an everyman/woman character. In Star Trek, it was Scotty, Enterprise it was Trip, perhaps that is what they envisaged with Keller? Just poorly executed?

One theory I do support is that the character of Keller was created to replace Weir, not Teyla or Beckett. It has been bandied about on GW. I didn't believe it during s4, but it seemed pretty accurate in s5
                I don't see how that could be... Keller and Weir are nothing alike.

Comment

I'll be there.. at least for the first one Gotta love Post-A-Thon!!!

I'm taking my mum to the celebrity 20/20 cricket match in Sydney for the bushfire appeal in the afternoon so I'll prolly have to miss most of the second one... but I'm here for the first one!!!

Comment

*snorts* Well, I guess we found yet another reason why they got rid of Weir! Not that it worked, because Carter and Woolsey both put more crap in the office than Weir ever had!

They're not (for one thing, I like Weir). But the character of Keller was effectively the female lead in s5. They certainly promoted her as such. Keller & Carson are nothing alike either, for that matter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                      I'll be there.. at least for the first one Gotta love Post-A-Thon!!!

I'm taking my mum to the celebrity 20/20 cricket match in Sydney for the bushfire appeal in the afternoon so I'll prolly have to miss most of the second one... but I'm here for the first one!!!
                      I'm amazed at how much money you guys have been able to fundraise for that, and the floods. Truly astonishing.
                      sigpic

Comment

^snip

Hmmm...maybe not in personality but in principle? Like being the civilian woman who needs to be protected? That could certainly be seen considering their general purpose, but as a Weir fan I can say personally that wasn't even close to the case. There is no substitute for character, no matter what the 'general idea' is...
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

They're not (for one thing, I like Weir). But the character of Keller was effectively the female lead in s5. They certainly promoted her as such. Keller & Carson are nothing alike either, for that matter
                          Yeah, this was one substitution that fell flat on it's face. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to call it a bait and switch...

Hmmm...maybe not in personality but in principle? Like being the civilian woman who needs to be protected? That could certainly be seen considering their general purpose, but as a Weir fan I can say personally that wasn't even close to the case. There is no substitute for character, no matter what the 'general idea' is...
                          Indeed. Elizabeth is superior to Keller in every way.

"Civilian woman who needs to be protected." Hmph. More sexism from TPTW...

Comment

Deal! And feel better.

Thanks, SK for the ficlet! Since it was on ff.net it was one I could actually read. Lovely imagery!
                            You're welcome! It seems like the vast majority of good Sparky fic is on LJ; while some of it's mirrored on non-LJ sites, it seems like it's getting harder to find good stuff that's never appeared on LJ.

Comment

I'm amazed at how much money you guys have been able to fundraise for that, and the floods. Truly astonishing.
                              Last I heard it was past 100 million. Kinda blows the mind doesn't it! The local RSL club here is a collection point for clothing and the like so I'm doing a drop of a few garbage bags full of stuff down there this morning. Have also donated some horse gear I wasn't using to the poor buggers that only have their horses and nothing else. Still no news if my brigade will be deployed again in Victoria... :: waits impatiently ::

Trinity was good last night - got the usual Elizabeth angsting over John whilst Rodney is trying not to blow everything up.

Comment

... Lizzie is staring at Shep's 'area', which is hidden behind the lamp? Makes you wonder why the lamp was strategically placed there?
                                Hee. Y'know, I didn't catch that. Though in the second one you wrote about I imagined the same thing -- meeting up to hold hands.

The thing about The Shroud and black actors playing Jaffa is so true. (Was there ever a non-black actor playing Jaffa?) And the picture of Carson and Michael lol. It makes me laugh too because a few days ago I read a post here about how that scene "reeks of homoeroticism" and I'm afraid I'll never be able to look at it the same again after reading that comment. Ah, and I love Woolsey's expression in number three.

I like to think Jewel is a good actress and I've seen her do good in other things so I guess I know she is. But seriously? If SGA was the first thing I saw her in I would not think she could act and would be less likely to try out other shows with her in it.

I can agree with that, but I think she replaced a bit of all of them. One thing's for certain is that she's not Teyla, not Carson, and definately not Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X