Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I agree with that. S2 was just a Sparky fest, and then up to TRW in S3. After that it got a little iffy. Submersion was good and there were even moments in FS but they started having them be less personal in the second half. Then came S4 which began with the Sparky angstarama of all time when people who never saw it before began to notice. And funny that now that she's gone for good we get more non-shippers who just assume John is grieving for her. It's frustrating in a way and I'd throw something if I didn't know that TPTB had no intention of making anything of it no matter what.
    Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    Non-shippers/neutral parties in particular especially seem to notice when things begin to go all angstarama and it blindsides them. And they're overcome by it -- Sparky angst, that is. And they begin to see it in the seasons four and five.
    I think we need a catchy nickname for that great meltdown in S4-S5... how about Sparkmageddon?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Everything else just seemed like 'anvils' I guess. Not that they weren't there in stuff like "Conversion" and TLG, but I didn't think they flowed any longer.
      And anvils are annoying, but avoidable. I don't really consider "Conversion" to be an anvil-episode from my perspective. That kiss was a creepy symptom of Sheppard developing an infectious case of plot. The end of Conversion may have been an anvil to crush all the other anvils and put a stop to it all. But I would call TLG definately anvil-material. Which I find funny, because despite the kisses Conversion was more of a Sparky episode and TLG more of a Sheyla episode. Hee.

*saves for rainy day and potential blackmail*
      Aw, thank you, but I already feel dirty enough.

And I'm glad we never saw John cry. It would have been sort of embarrassing. He needs to make a manly effort not to cry. IMHO. And I think JF even said the same thing once.
      Well, he did have tears in his eyes in Sunday, Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and of course GitM. But no all-out bawling, I don't think I could handle all-out John bawling. But 4/5 of those tears stated above were for who? *whistles*

Comment

ITA on Conversion. I even said so at the time. It just seemed like it was a relief to both of them not to talk about it ever again in that last scene. Once again the writers dropped a ball. Or left it in the air. lol

And I'm glad we never saw John cry. It would have been sort of embarrassing. He needs to make a manly effort not to cry. IMHO. And I think JF even said the same thing once.
        I actually love that John doesn't quite cry. There have been several moments when he was almost there but I'm glad he didn't, it's more poignant to my mind. *sigh*
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

And anvils are annoying, but avoidable. I don't really consider "Conversion" to be an anvil-episode from my perspective. That kiss was a creepy symptom of Sheppard developing an infectious case of plot. The end of Conversion may have been an anvil to crush all the other anvils and put a stop to it all. But I would call TLG definately anvil-material. Which I find funny, because despite the kisses Conversion was more of a Sparky episode and TLG more of a Sheyla episode. Hee.
          Heh, I never really saw TLG as a Sheyla episode. That whole "he cares about you more than you know" line to Teyla seemed like a copout, especially since it was Thalan who said it. I immediately assumed that Thalan was simply trying to fake out Teyla. John, on the other hand, freely consented to host Thalan, believing that Elizabeth wanted him to help out Thalan and Phoebus. The whole episode couldn't have happened without that yummy Sparky anvil.

Well, he did have tears in his eyes in Sunday, Adrift, Lifeline, TMC and of course GitM. But no all-out bawling, I don't think I could handle all-out John bawling. But 4/5 of those tears stated above were for who? *whistles*

And we've never seen him cry for any other woman, including Teyla. *joins in the whistling*

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
          I actually love that John doesn't quite cry. There have been several moments when he was almost there but I'm glad he didn't, it's more poignant to my mind. *sigh*
          Me too. The fact that he's so clearly trying to choke those tears down, not let anyone else see them, speaks to the heart of just how deep the feelings that his tears spring from are.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
            ITA--for me it also means how much it takes to get him there, that he doesn't cry easily. Which makes his very obvious tears in Adrift all the more meaningful.

It still makes my heart melt, every time I see that scene.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Me too. The fact that he's so clearly trying to choke those tears down, not let anyone else see them, speaks to the heart of just how deep the feelings that his tears spring from are.
              Yeah, I think it's much more poignant and meaningful when you're trying to choke back tears or letting them flow more slowly as opposed to just crankin' 'em out and wailing.

I went back today and read some of the old topics in the S4 forum about Carson and Elizabeth and they still make me upset.

*iz cranky*

Comment

Guys, from what I'm being told, I'm dying of lulz at the final episode of SGA.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Huh? Whut's that mean?

Comment

Huh? Whut's that mean?
                    My friend watched the final episode. It has been leaked online. I don't want to watch SGA but I was curious and asked him to spoil me. So far his not very descriptive but I'm TRYING to get more info out of him.
                    sigpic

Comment

So I had to run off and watch Conversion and man, I totally forgot how shippy it really was! Even Caldwell knows. And Elizabeth is super angsty the whole time. And John trying to protect Elizabeth and she wouldn't leave (how telling is that?). I saw no such concern really for Teyla, only a bit of embarrassment at the end. He may have kissed Teyla but it was Elizabeth he was concerned about and it was Elizabeth who was by his side the whole time, no matter what. *sigh*

Comment

Spill!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          I think we need a catchy nickname for that great meltdown in S4-S5... how about Sparkmageddon?
                          Sparkmageddon... *snort*

Comment

My friend watched the final episode. It has been leaked online. I don't want to watch SGA but I was curious and asked him to spoil me. So far his not very descriptive but I'm TRYING to get more info out of him.
                            Yeah, if you get more info let us know, at least on the John front.

I've no interest in watching but I did wonder if Weir would get a mention. Why would she? M&M wrote it so I'm totally not expecting it I don't even know why I'd think that...cuz I'm a hopeless Weir fan, that's why...

Comment

Spill!
                              This is what I got so far.

Do not read unless you want to be spoiled for 5x20.

Spoiler:
                              Atlantis flies to earth to fight the super hive, and they invent some new way to travel along the way. Beckett flys atlantis. And then they end up landing outside San Fransico and then theres the balcony shot. There some random woman there who's with Ronon.

Other than that there isn't all that much. Ronon dies but then the wraith revive him.

There you have it. As I said he is not very descriptive.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spill!
                                Yeah! You SO can't come over here with that kind of tidbit and not share!

ETA: Nevermind lol Thanks for sharing!
                                Last edited by marimba26; 22 December 2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X