No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey everybody i'm back! i haven't been on for a long long time. sorry about that but anyways what is the discussion about?
    Other men said they have seen angels,
    But I have seen thee
    And thou art enough. True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
    Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. To be in love is merely to be
    In a state of perpetual anesthesia:
    To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god
    Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.

SHEPPARD/WEIR SAM/JACK VALA/DANIEL 4 EVER!!!!!!!!

Comment

# — Are the burdens of leadership that were mentioned by Teyla in "Suspicion" in regards to the character of Elizabeth Weir going to be explored -- for example, the character feeling that she can't afford to show her doubts? "Check out 'Intruder' for a sense of what Weir has to deal with both professionally and personally in this regard." The episode will touch on Weir'd personality and perhaps her backstory.
      (SG-1 executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a message at GateWorld Forum)

# NEW! April 20 — "Tori and the writers would love to explore Weir's softer side. I think you'll get what you're looking for early on in Season Two in an episode called 'Intruder.'"
      (Stargate writer Martin Gero, in a message at GateWorld Forum)

# NEW! April 20 - The expedition team will return to Earth in "Intruder," courtesy of their new Zero Point Module. Creation Entertainment showed a short clip from the episode at the April convention in Vancouver, B.C., showing Dr. Weir and Colonel Caldwell (Mitch Pileggi) in a meeting with new S.G.C. commander General Hank Landry (Beau Bridges) at Stargate Command. Bridges implies to Weir that the Pentagon may be considering putting Caldwell in charge of Atlantis.

hehehehe so..what do you guys think? i hope that Weir shows her softer side to Shep. Oh and about the suspicion topic: i agree with you all!
      But I have seen thee

Comment

# — "Sheppard and Teyla have a very special friendship. Will it blossom into more? You'll have to wait and see. Be sure to watch episode eight: 'Conversion.'"
        (Stargate writer Martin Gero, in a message at GateWorld Forum)

As information is listed here while the episode is still
        in production, remember that it is subject to change.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
        But I have seen thee

Comment

Oh my gosh. Please, don't do this.

First of all, these are Season 2 spoilers you're posting. You need to use spoiler tags, or at least post a freaking warning that you're posting Season 2 spoilers.

Second, that quote was taken out of context, and that answer is extremely vague. We discussed this at some length a few days ago, and the general consensus is something Douglas Adams would appreciate: don't panic.

*sigh*
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

First of all, these are Season 2 spoilers you're posting. You need to use spoiler tags, or at least post a freaking warning that you're posting Season 2 spoilers.

Second, that quote was taken out of context, and that answer is extremely vague. We discussed this at some length a few days ago, and the general consensus is something Douglas Adams would appreciate: don't panic.

*sigh*
            Just got back from that movie.

Maybe "Don't Panic" needs to be our shipper motto.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              Re-watched "Suspicion" last night. .strange how I really enjoyed the interaction between Teyla and Weir. Those two need more scenes together - there could be a good friendship forming there (and I'm not talking slash). It could be a good way for TPTB to make Teyla a more likeable character (instead of the part-wraith/"Vulcan" mind-meld junk - that just makes her darker and less friendly).

I got the impression that TPTB were still trying to push Shep/Teyla ship with this episode, however, I also noticed that this was the first time we saw Teyla's snippyness (that I so dislike). A lot of folks compare Teyla to Teal'c on SG1 but I don't remember Teal'c ever being disrespectful towards any of the SG1 characters. Whenever two groups meet for the first time, especially in times of stress, there is naturally going to be some suspicion and/or animosity until they get to know each other better. Being a leader, Teyla should have understood this...instead of getting all huffy because Weir had questions.

Anyway...if I remember correctly, the S/T ship seems to fade out after this episode and move on to something else/better.
              Well you see when the season was aired in the UK, we got Rising, Hide and Seek, Suspicion and then 38 minutes. This meant that from the third ep onwards we got Weir/Sheppard all the way, where as you got teased with W/S in 38 Minutes and then slapped around the chops again with the wet haddock that is Sheyla...

But I agree with the Teyla/Weir dynamic (and not in a slash sense, that's just ridiculous I'm sorry, slash just passes me by but whatever floats your boat - whatever), anyway, it's a nice friendly dynamic and it would be good to see more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

*sigh*
                Och I've decided I don't care anymore. I'm going to keep my eye on it and if it doesn't go the way I want it, I'm just going to retire and read fanfic - that does go the way I like.

Anyhow, if I were the PTB, I would [speculation] keep it all open as h£ll and keep as many people as possible happy (and watching). [/speculation]. However, I have this habit of being right but curiously the PTB in my life never doing what I tell them to and it goes horribly wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                  Just got back from that movie.

Maybe "Don't Panic" needs to be our shipper motto.
                  hahaha That is a very fitting motto!!!

how was it? I'm going tomorrow

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                  where as you got teased with W/S in 38 Minutes and then slapped around the chops again with the wet haddock that is Sheyla...
                  hahaha!! This seriously made me laugh out loud! It always seemed odd to me that they kinda threw 38 minutes in there in the middle of the story lines that the previous and post episodes had.

In general I would like to see more Teyla/Weir friendships (sisters got do it for themselves!!!) also, see them on a leadership level. Teyla, although always being praised for being a leader, we never see it. We see her having a meal with them, being nanny for the kids, and then having a near revolution on her hands. But she doesn't really seem like she does much leadership stuff.

I will remain optimistic about the Sheppard/Teyla scare. I will think that by "special friendship" they mean one that is better left at that and not tried to be pushed romantically.
                  Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Maybe Teyla is actually Sheppards sister who was sent to another gallaxy when she was a child.

... come on, throw me a bone here, I'm just trying to stay positive.

I mean I like Teyla and all, but shes just not Weir. And her and Sheppard just don't look as good together.

Oh, and know I've asked this before, but I'm asking again, what does TPTB stand for??
                    Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                      Oh, and know I've asked this before, but I'm asking again, what does TPTB stand for??
                      TPTB = The Powers That Be

I agree with astro : I don't want to go crazy about comments and spoilers. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to stay spoiler-free for Atlantis : this way, I won't be disappointed by what we'll see cause I expect nothing and I'll take whatever TPTB will give us.
                      And if I don't like what I see, fic world is a really fantastic world to live in
                      Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                        I agree with astro : I don't want to go crazy about comments and spoilers. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to stay spoiler-free for Atlantis : this way, I won't be disappointed by what we'll see cause I expect nothing and I'll take whatever TPTB will give us.
                        And if I don't like what I see, fic world is a really fantastic world to live in
                        hehe... ya know, i really like that reasoning now if only i could actually convince myself to avoid the spoilers...

yeah, that'd be a good place to start

Comment

From my experience, spoilers have a possiblity to be misleading, whether or not they were intended to mislead.

I'm not to worried about the spoilers, because things are always subjected to change, especially when it comes to episodes that have not been filmed yet.

Like Mel said: Don't Panic. Sometimes its just better to wait and see before anyone gets hysterical and jump ship.

For example, when spoilers for "Before I Sleep" came out, I remember some people speculating that it was going to be a bad and boring episode. Instead I personally think it was one of the best in the season. So I'm still staying positive.
                          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
                            hahaha That is a very fitting motto!!!

how was it? I'm going tomorrow
                            I liked it.

Originally posted by wizengamot

hahaha!! This seriously made me laugh out loud! It always seemed odd to me that they kinda threw 38 minutes in there in the middle of the story lines that the previous and post episodes had.

In general I would like to see more Teyla/Weir friendships (sisters got do it for themselves!!!) also, see them on a leadership level. Teyla, although always being praised for being a leader, we never see it. We see her having a meal with them, being nanny for the kids, and then having a near revolution on her hands. But she doesn't really seem like she does much leadership stuff.
                            well having THREE leaders would be very erm, how do I put this... complex to write at least IMHO. Also a little OT but has this become the anti-sheyla thread? I read this thread for opinions on shep/weir not sheyla. Bad rep me if you wish but i'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                              well having THREE leaders would be very erm, how do I put this... complex to write at least IMHO. Also a little OT but has this become the anti-sheyla thread? I read this thread for opinions on shep/weir not sheyla. Bad rep me if you wish but i'm just saying.
                              I didn't want to come across knocking her. If thats how you got it, someone mentioned weir/teyla I said I wanted to see them be friends and see the two of them base this on sharing the burden of leadership. anyways... it seems to me to have been pointless for the writers to make a big deal of her being a leader if they weren't going to use it. Oh well, I want say anymore about anything.

Back to the topic at hand...
                              Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Jsut a quick question, because I can't remember that it was ever really settled. Was the consensus that we would not discuss "38 Minutes" since not everyone had access to it?

Also, what's showing next week? For some reason I can't remember what last night's preview showed. I know I'm thinking kind of far ahead, but I'll be flying home for my brother's graduation on Friday, so I thought I'd watch whatever it is on tape before I left and jot down some thoughts to post when I get access to his computer.

How sad is it that I'm devoting more effort to analyzing a television show (albeit, a great television show) and to working out ways to ensure that I have enough time to talk about it, but I can't seem to manage a few pages of thesis....

Originally posted by gatelover12
                                I suppose at times we (or at least I) do get caught up in making unfavorable Sheyla remarks. Don't get me wrong, I like Teyla, and I enjoy her friendship with Sheppard, but I think what happened in my case is that I felt on the defensive since I saw TPTB pushing Sheyla, where I preferred Sheppard/Weir.

I do think you make a valid point, that we ought to be careful that it doesn't turn into a case of "my ship v. your ship," because that just leads to bad relations all around. However, I don't see anything wrong with debating the merits of the various ships (not just Sheyla and Sheppard/Weir, but others as well), so long as it doesn't turn into a bashing session, and we remember that our focus should be Shep/Weir.

Don't mean to sound preachy, so I apologize if it came across like that. I shall endeavor to live up to what I just said, but I might slip up from time to time...

And no bad rep for you... I do think you've made a good point - to me at least.
                                ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                                The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Working...
                                X