Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
    Second that! This for example might be discussed.

As I said in / who isn't interested, needn't post.

I think it no use dicussing if such a thread makes sense. It has been started and there are people who want to post. Including me. Last days I was in Shepmagan posting there. Noone bothered the sparky people and it was fun talking but I felt guilty to be over at 'their' thread interrupting their conversation so I appreciate this thread.

I hope you are not mad at me. But I like it.

Jen
    You're correct Jen and it makes no logical sense to discuss the 'validity' of such and such thread either as that is all opinion as well. I guess the thought just hit me as I read over there-and this is no reflection on the motive of the thread starter-that it seemed to be a ripe ground for unhealthy argrument. I just hate to see yet another ship flame war start and when you have two 'sides' that toss together, that's usually the result in my experience. Nobody is 'mad' at anyone for posting anywhere or trying to deny anyone's right to do so-I promise you that. I might be fiery in my convictions but I promise you that I'd be the absolute first to jump into the fray if someone tried to attack someone else's right to post an opinion whereever they wish.

Comment

Hey... no wars on this thread

Sparky is the best!!!!!! *big smile*
      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
        lol!

watching Conversion right now (it is on scifi) and i have to say, i love all the S/W moments ...oh what is happening to me...am i crossing over to the dark side
        Just do it...go toward the light...it's painless...
        Truly, welcome! I just feel like in all the excitement surrounding TLG that I've missed welcoming other newbies too! If so, a late welcome to sparky! from me. I'll have a John in your honor!:

Aren't you one of the gals that is on the ron/tey thread a fair amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          You're correct Jen and it makes no logical sense to discuss the 'validity' of such and such thread either as that is all opinion as well. I guess the thought just hit me as I read over there-and this is no reflection on the motive of the thread starter-that it seemed to be a ripe ground for unhealthy argrument. I just hate to see yet another ship flame war start and when you have two 'sides' that toss together, that's usually the result in my experience. Nobody is 'mad' at anyone for posting anywhere or trying to deny anyone's right to do so-I promise you that. I might be fiery in my convictions but I promise you that I'd be the absolute first to jump into the fray if someone tried to attack someone else's right to post an opinion whereever they wish.
          Thank you:

Never took it really wrong.

But I have to tell you this thread didn't start out of the blue. We discussed this issue for some time in Shepmagan (see, they also found a better word for Sheyla ) and just thought we might need neutral ground.

Believe me, some of the Shepmagans are really interested in this and they are all nice. Camy, green_eyed_lady, Cpt. Ritter and SnoggingPicard always insist on kindness. And it works.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you:

Never took it really wrong.

But I have to tell you this thread didn't start out of the blue. We discussed this issue for some time in Shepmagan (see, they also found a better word for Sheyla ) and just thought we might need neutral ground.

Believe me, some of the Shepmagans are really interested in this and they are all nice. Camy, green_eyed_lady, Cpt. Ritter and SnoggingPicard always insist on kindness. And it works.
            Oh, you started it? Sorry, didn't even know that! I want to assure you I wasn't taking a shot at you personally but I do have plenty of reservations on how well it will work. Hope for you that it does but I'll most likely refrain from convo. I seem to be too inflammatory at times.

Comment

Aren't you one of the gals that is on the ron/tey thread a fair amount?
              That she is!! *huggles PM*

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Oh, you started it? Sorry, didn't even know that! I want to assure you I wasn't taking a shot at you personally but I do have plenty of reservations on how well it will work. Hope for you that it does but I'll most likely refrain from convo. I seem to be too inflammatory at times.
                I didn't start it personally. That was Cpt. Ritter. Lovely person btw just like Snogging. We just talked about it.
                The few of who really want to talk will talk. The unfriendly post will be ignored.

But thank you very much for your concern!
                If anyone is trying to harm me I tell you and you'll come and protect me, right? You then can tell them what you really think. Uncensored.

Deal?
                Last edited by Jenova Synthesis; 04 January 2006, 04:50 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...waii/TLG94.jpg

Weir: Still alive, baby?

Comment

lol! cute
                    sigpic

Comment

I just don't see the logic in that thread. I mean, what more can you say to each other that is civil that's on topic? <snip> I mean, what else could there be to discuss about the 'topic' that wouldn't set off a hailstorm of argument?
                      It's a place where people can go and ask questions about a different ship, without annoying specific ship threads and having those shippers feel they have to justify their ship.

We had that happen here, and it's more than likely happened in other threads too. It was handled well here (and presumably the others), so why would it "set off a hailstorm" there when it never did here?

Also, i noticed in one of your posts, you said "oppossing ships".
                      Ships aren't oppossing. This isn't a competition. It shouldn't be a war.
                      Just bc two people have chemistry, doesn't mean that others can't or that they can't have chemistry with another person too.

On a lighter note, i saw TLG last night and thouroughly enjoyed it
                      Had action, humour, quality interaction, continuity, and it was a great turning point for Caldwell.

Thank-you DK

Comment

okay, call me crazy and obsessed but i am listening to music and picking out what kind of music would be good for Shep/Weir

oh, what is wrong with me...i am hopeless...completely hopeless
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          It's a place where people can go and ask questions about a different ship, without annoying specific ship threads and having those shippers feel they have to justify their ship.

We had that happen here, and it's more than likely happened in other threads too. It was handled well here (and presumably the others), so why would it "set off a hailstorm" there when it never did here?

Also, i noticed in one of your posts, you said "oppossing ships".
                          Ships aren't oppossing. This isn't a competition. It shouldn't be a war.
                          Just bc two people have chemistry, doesn't mean that others can't or that they can't have chemistry with another person too.
                          Amen, Sally. And for that matter, the statement that no good will come of it seriously implies that no one in that thread is mature enough to discuss things without flaming.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Happy shippy sparky mood again!

Have a great fic from Finnstardust!
                            Post TLG fic and a must read!!!

Back to normal?
                            sigpic

Comment

cool, thanks for the link.

omg! i joined the community too
                              sigpic

Comment

Happy shippy sparky mood again!

Have a great fic from Finnstardust!
                                Post TLG fic and a must read!!!

Back to normal?
                                WOO!! First post-TLG fic!! *runs to read* Thanks!

Lovebar made by natz099
                                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X