Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
    So when is the next Episode(s) post-a-thon?
    Not sure yet. We seem to be having trouble getting a lot of people on Sundays, so perhaps we should switch to another day and time.

We'll also need to switch to doing one episode at a time... I looked ahead, and if we keep doing two episodes at once, we'll end up splitting The Storm and The Eye between two different 'thons. And really, we've got to watch those two together!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh it was my pleasure. I love hanging out with you guys. Monday-Friday I have School from 7:15-2:12p.m and Saturday is my sister's time to have the T.V. (she is not a Stargate Fan and she won't let me have the T.V.) and also I have to go to temple that morning every once in a while. So Sunday is the only time when I'm avaliable to participate.

Comment

*nods* Yeah, between work for some and school for others, weekdays aren't that great except for very slim timeslots in evenings. (and some of us have other shows that we want to watch during the week) So really, the weekends appear to be best for having 'thons, and I picked Sunday since most people seemed to be out more on Saturdays. I think this particular Sunday was just a fluke, though.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
          [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Indigo"]Can't contribute to the discussion about beer, as I don't know much about it and don't like drinking the stuff.

Just a thought. As John comes from a rich background, would he have had a more cultured upbringing? Would this include a knowledge of literature (War and Peace notwithstanding?

The question's a little out of the blue, but as it was mentioned about his background, it just occurred to me. You see, a couple of years back I wrote a Valentine fic where John insisted on waxing poetical, and I've always wondered whether that was too oot...
          If John's college choices were Harvard or Stanford he's have to have been pretty well read. From what we saw of his family background he and his brother probably attended prep schools. Elizabeth may have too. While her family most likely isn't "rich" like John's they seem to be well to do (townhouse in Georgetown, luxury car, etc). For some reason I picture her father as a laywer, worked for the Governemtn for a while then when into private practice in DC. What I find interesting is that with their backgrounds (social and academic) they could have crossed paths in college or grad school if John hadn't done Stanford (I assume that's where he went to college) then the AF.
          DDC

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
            If John's college choices were Harvard or Stanford he's have to have been pretty well read. From what we saw of his family background he and his brother probably attended prep schools. Elizabeth may have too. While her family most likely isn't "rich" like John's they seem to be well to do (townhouse in Georgetown, luxury car, etc). For some reason I picture her father as a laywer, worked for the Governemtn for a while then when into private practice in DC. What I find interesting is that with their backgrounds (social and academic) they could have crossed paths in college or grad school if John hadn't done Stanford (I assume that's where he went to college) then the AF.
            *nods* That idea has been nibbling at my brain ever since we found out about John's "poor little rich boy" background in Outcast. It just makes so much sense, doesn't it?

And if they had crossed paths before, do either of them remember it? If so, could that have something to do with why Elizabeth fought so hard to get him on the expedition? Or was it just a brief, chance meeting that neither remembers, but it was just enough that there's still that strange feeling of familiarity that they can't shake? Fascinating food for thought! And one helluva plot bunny!

Comment

*lols at the poor rich boy expression*
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                *nods* That idea has been nibbling at my brain ever since we found out about John's "poor little rich boy" background in Outcast. It just makes so much sense, doesn't it?
                Where did lil Johnny grow up? Because it's possible he may have crossed paths with the "poor little rich girl" too.

Comment

You know folks this is what I call collecting the plot bunnies.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    You know folks this is what I call collecting the plot bunnies.
                    Yesyes. I've had those collecting in the corners of my brain for awhile. I'll share them tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Oh, and I'll go ahead and pimp my favourite Atlantis Character Tournament here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=59396 For some reason I bet Lizzeh and John will be the last two standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Awwwies, poor Keller. I feel so sorry for her. Not.

John watching Food Network so he could impress Elizabeth...? I really like that plot bunny! Someone write it?
                      Does anyone mind if I take that bunny and write it?

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                        I wish they did named the Alantis planet "Alantica"
                        I agree with John about Ford naming things...

On another note, I was watching 'Midway' last night, and giggling like crazy when Ronon was trying to wake John at the end. It also made me think of something.

Picture Elizabeth and John in bed together, the morning after. Elizabeth wakes first in a playful mood, and has some fun trying to wake John up.

You know, I was just going to leave the post there (after adding the next wallpaper/sig set, and seeing whether anyone got plot bunnies from it. Then I was bitten by one. So the following is my attempt:

Just a bit of fluff. I'm sure I didn't do it justice though. And the bit at the end was inspired by a conversation with Dad when he caught me ranting at the TV about how Missouri didn't secede from the Union during the Civil War.

And now the set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

And if they had crossed paths before, do either of them remember it? If so, could that have something to do with why Elizabeth fought so hard to get him on the expedition? Or was it just a brief, chance meeting that neither remembers, but it was just enough that there's still that strange feeling of familiarity that they can't shake? Fascinating food for thought! And one helluva plot bunny!
                          Maybe they don't remember each other from their brief encounter coz John used to call himself Johnny or Jim back then, and Elizabeth used to go by Beth or Libby

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          Does anyone mind if I take that bunny and write it?
                          Sure, just so long as he's not feeding her radioactive fish from the freshly nuked seawater
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
                            <snip>
                            You know, I was just going to leave the post there (after adding the next wallpaper/sig set, and seeing whether anyone got plot bunnies from it. Then I was bitten by one. So the following is my attempt:
                            He he. Cute
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              Sure, just so long as he's not feeding her radioactive fish from the freshly nuked seawater
                              Someone read my fiction

Comment

Avast, Sparky lubbers! (It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, in case anyone was wondering...)

If it's screencappin' treasure ye seek, ye be needin' a map to the Crystal Fires Cap Archives; seek the tag engraved with 'Stargate Atlantis.'

Fair winds be at yer back!
                                Thank you.

My sparky picspam is taking forever. I can't weed our moments so I have billion caps.

Here is a sample.

Spoiler:

Alright, just shut up and listen to me for a moment, alright?

You do realize I could get us in all sorts of ...trouble, right?

They are so pretty.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X