Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I dare you to present us with photographic evidence!

I'm having a monster headache, guys. Today should be a slow day at work, and when I get home I'll hopefully get some writing done. Stress is bad for writing, let me tell you.

I could really use some prompts for short ficcies.... prompt me, anyone? But no Shep - killing please?
    Here's one: It's John's birthday. Elizabeth has a special surprise for him.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
      Ok, last one for tonight...maybe. LOL. I think I got it, now:

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...pictureid=8545
      Spoiler:
      I almost looks like John has a pistol in his... gluteus maximus

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Here's one: It's John's birthday. Elizabeth has a special surprise for him.
      Spoiler:
      ... like saying: "I'm pregnant and Teyla is the father."

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Spoiler:
        I almost looks like John has a pistol in his... gluteus maximus
        Haha. The gun's in his holster. On his thigh. Where it belongs. Well, when he's not shooting bad guys.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Spoiler:
        ... like saying: "I'm pregnant and Teyla is the father."
        Oh no you don't! You're the one who's always advocating scientific realism, and that is so not realistic! You're busted!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Haha. The gun's in his holster. On his thigh. Where it belongs. Well, when he's not shooting bad guys.
          The lighting of said picture makes everything possible.

Oh no you don't! You're the one who's always advocating scientific realism, and that is so not realistic! You're busted!
          Spoiler:
          The only thing that is required for doing that is a slight modification to the already avaiable cloning technology. Making one girl pregnant in a way that another girl gives the other half of the child's genome (eg becoming a father) is theoretically possible with the technology mankind has today. You don't even need Ancient machines to do that.

PS: Have you actually read the stories where I advocate scientific reality?
          Last edited by Pajus; 10 September 2008, 10:26 PM.

Comment

*headdesk*

This is the sparky thread. Sparky babiez please.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*headdesk*

This is the sparky thread. Sparky babiez please.
              Spoiler:
              I only said what Lizzie would say... I didn't say it had to be true... Might be a good teasing!crack!fic

Comment

Okay, that bunny just wouldn't leave me alone so I beat it back with this little drabble. I was planning to write more but it seems unnecessary. Whispers spoilers.

Spoiler:
                Retrospective

“Okay ladies, read 'em and weep.” Sergeant Dusty Mehra slammed her hand of cards down on the table with a flourish and grinned at the women around her.

Girls' poker night was in session and Dusty was riding a lucky streak. She pulled the small pile of candy bars toward her and grinned again. Two of the other women poked their tongues in her direction and one made a rude hand gesture.

“I wish I could figure out how you are cheating,” Anne complained as she gathered up the cards in preparation for her turn to deal.

“Sorry Major,” Mehra replied, “I'll take my secrets to the grave.”

Major Teldy raised an eyebrow. “No rank at poker night, remember?”

“Habit,” Dusty shrugged. “Besides, after the week we've had I think a little luck is in order.”

“You can say that again,” Allison Porter said with a shudder. “And can we please not talk about that. I still have goose bumps.”

Teldy shuffled the cards and snapped them onto the table in front of each woman. “***** of a thing,” she said with a deep sigh.

A moment of silence passed as they looked over their hands. The fourth occupant of the small game table studied each woman in turn before speaking.

“I heard what happened,” Lieutenant Laura Cadman said quietly. “Vega was a good soldier.”

The others nodded and raised beer bottles in a silent toast. Fresh from the funeral of their friend and fellow soldier, they all found it hard to speak around the huge lumps in their throats.

“Colonel Sheppard said some nice things about her at the service,” Laura continued.

The other women exchanged a glance.

“Yes, he did,” Anne agreed, “surprisingly.”

Laura's eyebrows shot up. “You didn't think he would?”

Teldy and Mehra eyed each other but remained silent. Porter lay down her cards and leaned toward Cadman. “Let's just say we didn't find the Colonel particularly easy to get to know.”

The game continued uninterrupted for a few minutes before Laura spoke so quietly they almost didn't hear her.

“He didn't used to be.”

“What?” Dusty was puzzled.

“Colonel Sheppard. He didn't used to be hard to talk to.”

“Really? You mean earlier when you first came here on the Daedalus?” Anne was too curious to worry about gossiping about her commanding officer.

Laura nodded and smiled, remembering. “He used to tease me about my rollerskating.”

The others lay down their cards and the redhead threw back her head and laughed. “We even had a race one time, me on my skates and him on his skateboard. I lost.”

“Seriously? You don't mean it? John Just Do It Sarge Sheppard? The guy who never cracks a smile and looks like someone just kicked his dog most of the time?” Dusty questioned while the others just looked on with open mouths.

“Yep. He was always organizing jumper trips to the beach and all kinds of games between the military and the scientists. Not to mention whipping McKay into a froth just to jerk his chain.” Laura's smile grew wider.

“So what changed him?” Porter asked quietly.

“He lost her.”
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Okay, that bunny just wouldn't leave me alone so I beat it back with this little drabble. I was planning to write more but it seems unnecessary. Whispers spoilers.

Spoiler:
                  Retrospective

“Okay ladies, read 'em and weep.” Sergeant Dusty Mehra slammed her hand of cards down on the table with a flourish and grinned at the women around her.

Girls' poker night was in session and Dusty was riding a lucky streak. She pulled the small pile of candy bars toward her and grinned again. Two of the other women poked their tongues in her direction and one made a rude hand gesture.

“I wish I could figure out how you are cheating,” Anne complained as she gathered up the cards in preparation for her turn to deal.

“Habit,” Dusty shrugged. “Besides, after the week we've had I think a little luck is in order.”

“You can say that again,” Allison Porter said with a shudder. “And can we please not talk about that. I still have goose bumps.”

Teldy shuffled the cards and snapped them onto the table in front of each woman. “***** of a thing,” she said with a deep sigh.

A moment of silence passed as they looked over their hands. The fourth occupant of the small game table studied each woman in turn before speaking.

“I heard what happened,” Lieutenant Laura Cadman said quietly. “Vega was a good soldier.”

The others nodded and raised beer bottles in a silent toast. Fresh from the funeral of their friend and fellow soldier, they all found it hard to speak around the huge lumps in their throats.

“Colonel Sheppard said some nice things about her at the service,” Laura continued.

Teldy and Mehra eyed each other but remained silent. Porter lay down her cards and leaned toward Cadman. “Let's just say we didn't find the Colonel particularly easy to get to know.”

The game continued uninterrupted for a few minutes before Laura spoke so quietly they almost didn't hear her.

“He didn't used to be.”

“Really? You mean earlier when you first came here on the Daedalus?” Anne was too curious to worry about gossiping about her commanding officer.

Laura nodded and smiled, remembering. “He used to tease me about my rollerskating.”

The others lay down their cards and the redhead threw back her head and laughed. “We even had a race one time, me on my skates and him on his skateboard. I lost.”

“Seriously? You don't mean it? John Just Do It Sarge Sheppard? The guy who never cracks a smile and looks like someone just kicked his dog most of the time?” Dusty questioned while the others just looked on with open mouths.

“Yep. He was always organizing jumper trips to the beach and all kinds of games between the military and the scientists. Not to mention whipping McKay into a froth just to jerk his chain.” Laura's smile grew wider.

“He lost her.”
                  Brilliant. Just waht I needed for my own inspiration. And so John.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Retrospective

“He didn't used to be.”

“He lost her.”
                    *cries and curses TPTW*

Damn good writing, though. Good job SR!
                    sigpic
                    Signature by Erin87

Comment

And they also hate Virginia Tech. Everybody thinks they hate their team. And if one more person calls it Vah Tech, I will crawl into my television and smite them. lol
                      (((hugs)))
                      Not Ohio State fans. They love Ohio State.

I hope USC creams them like a banana-creme pie

*dies laughing*

*dies laughing AGAIN*

Damn, I suppose now I'm going to have to get a photobucket so I can post silly photo stories with my action figures.
                      Somebody did that with one show--I think it might have been Supernatural, where they had a whole adventure with the action figures. It was freakin' HILARIOUS. I'd try and find it but it was LJ and I can't access it here...

I tried that (putting them both on the horse)... They both kept falling off. Dammit!

How about this one:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...06Dsc00020.jpg

(I think I'm having waaayyy too much fun with these things!)
                      You are, but so are we so keep on.

Spoiler:
                      Retrospective

“He didn't used to be.”

“He lost her.”
                      Absolutely lovely. *sad smile*
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I tried that (putting them both on the horse)... They both kept falling off. Dammit!

How about this one:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...06Dsc00020.jpg

(I think I'm having waaayyy too much fun with these things!)
                        Ok, last one for tonight...maybe. LOL. I think I got it, now:

http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.p...pictureid=8545
                        LOL, those pictures are funny, makes my want to take some sparky pictures of my sheppard and weir figures maybe I will and post them here. It looks like fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
                          Great sig wormwhole.
                          Thanks. I'm surprised by how much interest I have had in it It’s tempting me to do more

And love the action figure scenes.
                          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Retrospective

“He didn't used to be.”

“He lost her.”
                            That was wonderful! Sad, but wonderful!

*copies and pastes into Word to print out and add to the Sparky story book binder*

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Not Ohio State fans. They love Ohio State.

I hope USC creams them like a banana-creme pie
                              FIGHT ON, TROJANS!!!! BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!!! *waves Cardinal and Gold pompoms*

Hee. John would be so proud of my team loyalty.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Somebody did that with one show--I think it might have been Supernatural, where they had a whole adventure with the action figures. It was freakin' HILARIOUS. I'd try and find it but it was LJ and I can't access it here...
                              I know that prion (aka wraithfodder on LJ) has been doing some SGA photo stories with the figures... really funny stuff!
                              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 11 September 2008, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Holyshiznits, brilliant fic SR!

Comment

Working...
                                X