No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, it would be a really bad ending to the series (and I'd be SO disappointed) if Elizabeth wasn't included in the movie.

And looking towards brighter skies, Im going to start watching the WHOLE franchise back from the beginning. Children of the Gods, here I come!
    The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
    Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
    "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

» Yeah, I'm either ignoring it or taking the high road. I generally don't have the patience to deal with such.

» Ah, muffinnuffin - speaking of your signature, I hope DH gets Starcrossed running soon. It could be a figurative Noah's Ark, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        You know we are really lucky. At least our ship has an "ending". We saw it repeated over & over what they mean to each other on screen. We don't have to wait and wish for the best.
        Yes we did but I want a better one. Although who knows what kind of f**ckery they will try to do if they do get Elizabeth back. I don't trust JM and PM to write me an Elizabeth story. Which is why I would be okay with Elizabeth coming back right at the end of whatever movie is the last.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          » Ah, muffinnuffin - speaking of your signature, I hope DH gets Starcrossed running soon. It could be a figurative Noah's Ark, lol.
          I'll say! Sanctuary has already become a Noah's Ark for SG-1 vets, so why not Starcrossed? That'd be hilarious!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
            Yes we did but I want a better one. Although who knows what kind of f**ckery they will try to do if they do get Elizabeth back. I don't trust JM and PM to write me an Elizabeth story. Which is why I would be okay with Elizabeth coming back right at the end of whatever movie is the last.
            I agree. I just don't want them to F this up. Then again, knowing the crap we have had to sledge through these last few years... I really shouldn't be holding my breath.

You know why I am all *rah rah* at the moment? It's because I want this good feeling to last and carry me through those times when I am down in the dumps, because Sparky is being treated badly on screen.

I am just a stupid optimist, aren't I?
            sig made by me

Comment

» Yeah, I'm either ignoring it or taking the high road. I generally don't have the patience to deal with such.

Oh yes, I forgot about Starcrossed! That'll do, RL is in that, isn't she?

The LiveJournal Writers Block prompt today is about bringing back cancelled TV shows, so I took the oppertunity to have a rant and wax lyrical about why DH should be on TV more.
              The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
              Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
              "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

I agree. I just don't want them to F this up. Then again, knowing the crap we have had to sledge through these last few years... I really shouldn't be holding my breath.

You know why I am all *rah rah* at the moment? It's because I want this good feeling to last and carry me through those times when I am down in the dumps, because Sparky is being treated badly on screen.

I am just a stupid optimist, aren't I?
                *joins justhere1971 in shiny happy optimism that drives the Weir-haters and Sparky-haters crazy*
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
                  Oh yes, I forgot about Starcrossed! That'll do, RL is in that, isn't she?
                  » Yep. So is PM. *g*

Comment

I left a comment in JM's blog of doom about Elizabeth and wanting her to be in the movie. That was about it. Nothing about how I wasn't actually watching the show anymore, he doesn't need to know that. LOL.

I think we should all leave a pro Elizabeth/Torri comment.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know we are really lucky. At least our ship has an "ending". We saw it repeated over & over what they mean to each other on screen. We don't have to wait and wish for the best.
                      I was thinking that too. As far as I am concerned Sparky is canon. Especially considering how this franchise does not do ship. Just look at Sam/Jack.

We have so many wonderful scenes you can't count them all. Plus GitM which pretty much everybody says is Sparkified. No matter what happens in the future John will never forget her. We can't realistically expect them not to hook him up with a lesser model. But we can choose to ignore it.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I left a comment in JM's blog of doom about Elizabeth and wanting her to be in the movie. That was about it. Nothing about how I wasn't actually watching the show anymore, he doesn't need to know that. LOL.

I think we should all leave a pro Elizabeth/Torri comment.
                        I plan to do that very thing - after the chaos dies down.

Anybody else having trouble with LJ?
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I loved the one about John being jealous of Lorne/Elizabeth. It was cute.
                          Thank you!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Those were wonderful! I loved the Rodney one.
                          Thanks!

Silly newbie question, what's Starcrossed?

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Anybody else having trouble with LJ?
                          It's working alright for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            We have so many wonderful scenes you can't count them all. Plus GitM which pretty much everybody says is Sparkified. No matter what happens in the future John will never forget her. We can't realistically expect them not to hook him up with a lesser model. But we can choose to ignore it.
                            I saw a comment on a LJ entry that made me laugh. I didn't recognize the poster so I have not idea if she leans toward any particular ship, but she didn't like GITM because it was held hostage by Shep/Weir.

Originally posted by CaptJamieway View Post
                            It's working alright for me.
                            Thanks! It's now working for me too. Must have been a hiccup.
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              I saw a comment on a LJ entry that made me laugh. I didn't recognize the poster so I have not idea if she leans toward any particular ship, but she didn't like GITM because it was held hostage by Shep/Weir.
                              LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Lj is working fine for me. If it would have died on me while I was making my nominations for the sparky awards I would have been pissed. I made like over 60 art nominations.

ETA: can I have that link? Just drop it off at my lj.
                              Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 21 August 2008, 07:30 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJamieway View Post
                                Silly newbie question, what's Starcrossed?
                                » It's a TV Show in development by David Hewlett. (Originally from the film A Dog's Breakfast). It's an dramedy like the Office but on the set of a very stereotypical, cheesy Sci Fi show. Seems like David got really good research on it in S4 and S5

» If it's greenlit (has it been yet?) I have no doubt we'll see some of the (former) SGA cast on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X