Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my GOD! The LOOKS!

Spoiler:
    On her face when he tells her she's not the 'real' Elizabeth! And on his face when she saves him!

Just rewatched the ending sequence.

Spoiler:
    Is it just me, or does Joe Flanigan look like he's just clamped down his jaw? It's not as clear as it was in Adrift, but I do think we get John 'crying' again. Woolsey's expression is good, too, but John's is just heartbreaking, especially at the end, when he doesn't turn away.

I also noted the look on his face when Elizabeth decides the other replicators are 'too dangerous' to stay. He looks anxious at what she's going to do.

By the way, Adrift fans--remember the whole Rodney/John debate about what Elizabeth would have wanted? John thinking she wouldn't want it, Rodney not caring? And Elizabeth then telling them it was a bad idea, verifying what John initiall argued? She reiterates that again. *glomps Carl Binder*

For me, Michelle Morgan's acting in the end scene, before the gate, is the most Elizabeth of all her scenes. She truly absorbs Torri there and she's got the movements, actions, looks and responses down.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      I believe she just used the program Rodney had stored ... I think there was a brief explanation about that. I have to watch this episode s-l-o-w-l-y and w/o SQUEEEING every minute to get all the facts. Right now that's an impossibility.

LOL.
      I miss those days when I would watch an episode and completely miss the whole plot because ZOMG SPARKY.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      We should have "celebrate John" event here! We had so many for Elizabeth and our pretty woobie boy is somehow on the backseat. We need to celebrate all the special ways that John makes Sparky canon, even when he doesn't know it

People I know you're super giddy right now, but think about this! It can be fics, videos, artwork! We need those! Who is in?
      Yes!! John has made sparky live on. I luff him.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Well, I just read spoilers from LJ...

AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

On the one hand, I'm glad to hear that Binder and JoeF saved the episode and that Morgan managed to pull off impersonating Weir well enough to not suck.

But on the other hand.... damnit, I want Torri back.

Spoiler:
      So Hybrid!Elizabeth gets turned totally Replicator after she was left behind in Lifeline? Gah. I find that annoying.

She lead the other Replicators back to Atlantis and put the city in danger? I find that even more annoying, because I can't see her deliberately putting the city in danger.

And letting herself get spaced at the end? WTF?!?!? At least we already know from Niam in The Return that Franibeth can be similarly thawed out and reactivated, but still.... argh.

Definitely looking forward to watching this so I can see the scenes that everyone's squeeing about, but at the same time, I fear that TPTB will interpret everyone's excitement to mean that everyone wants to see Michelle Morgan as Franibeth and that they'll never try to get Torri back. Ever. AND I WANT TORRI BACK.
      Spoiler:
      I thought it wasn't the real Lizzie. Mmm.

Also I think so far people have been saying that MM was great but they would have prefered Torri and that if Torri wasn't going to be in it that MM was the best possible thing.

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
      Scary Kitty- I'm afraid I've come to the conclusion that tptb are gonna do whatever they please. I just wish they'd keep their brains in check.
      LOL.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Alright, I have to go to bed, otherwise I will be of no help around here tomorrow. Goodnight sparkies. Happy happy beautiful Sparkly dreams.

*sigh* anyone else feel like they've just won the million dollars?
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Well, I just read spoilers from LJ...

AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

On the one hand, I'm glad to hear that Binder and JoeF saved the episode and that Morgan managed to pull off impersonating Weir well enough to not suck.

But on the other hand.... damnit, I want Torri back.

Spoiler:
          So Hybrid!Elizabeth gets turned totally Replicator after she was left behind in Lifeline? Gah. I find that annoying.

She lead the other Replicators back to Atlantis and put the city in danger? I find that even more annoying, because I can't see her deliberately putting the city in danger.

And letting herself get spaced at the end? WTF?!?!? At least we already know from Niam in The Return that Franibeth can be similarly thawed out and reactivated, but still.... argh.

Definitely looking forward to watching this so I can see the scenes that everyone's squeeing about, but at the same time, I fear that TPTB will interpret everyone's excitement to mean that everyone wants to see Michelle Morgan as Franibeth and that they'll never try to get Torri back. Ever. AND I WANT TORRI BACK.
          Spoiler:
          I have a little of that fear, too, but I'm not convinced it'll go that way. If they're going to reactivate Elizabeth, then it'll either be another 1 or 2 episode stint in later seasons (and it'll proly be Michelle Morgan).

Anything longer than that, I don't think they can do without Torri. While I like Michelle Morgan and respect her work, I don't think I can see her 'being Weir' for more than 2 episodes. As I've said before, she'll have to spend her entire time imitating Torri. That's hard to ask of an actress and unfair to fans.

And, on top of that--if they tried to do a 'series regular' status with MM, they'd have to admit they made a mistake in writing Elizabeth out. If they go back and try to bring her back, they're essentially admitting it was wrong to let her go, and then it also looks like they were just trying to get rid of Torri, and I don't think they want to go there.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Elizabeth comes back. I'll probably watch because the moments between her and John were good, so I'll want to see more of that. But as a Liz fan, I'd have a hard time with more than a guest appearance by Franibeth.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
            Anything with "Anuna" and "write" in the same general area is a GOOD thing.
            Thank you for that! It's humbling and it's a responsibility, because I want to measure up and bring some good stuff. I shall sharpen my writing pencils and do my best!

Originally posted by CaptJamieway View Post
            AHH, that's so perfect!! I hope you do it, I'd love to see it.

LOL, now you've got me listening to the song on repeat in i-tunes.

<3's Sparky, <3's Brad
            Oh Oh Brad is LOVE! He has amazing songs, many of them very sparky!!!

People! SR, especially. Who will make me a John (laced with serious amounts of sparky) video with THIS SONG: Johnny Cash - the man comes around

I think this is simply perfect for not quite understood, heroic, never bowing down John who doesn't leave his people behind. Or at least point me to really good John scenes from S4. This song needs to be John - vidded and it has to be awesome.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*skids to a halt and assesses the damage* Hello? You all there? Anyone need helpp? Tissue? Zat gun? Kitten? Damm...I missed it didn't I? the ep, the ep tht everyone has been biting nails over....well spill all...though from what I've heard it wasn't all what we wanted...I'll go check it out. *leaves box of tissues in easy reach*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
              I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
              Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Alright, I have to go to bed, otherwise I will be of no help around here tomorrow. Goodnight sparkies. Happy happy beautiful Sparkly dreams.

*sigh* anyone else feel like they've just won the million dollars?
                Not quite...I'm still sad I don't have my Elizabeth for more than one episode. But for what it was worth, I got the return on what I invested in the episode, so overall I'm happy.

I'm off as well. G'night, y'all. Busy over the weekend, so I might not see you 'til Monday unless JT posts those caps then I'll be back and heartily abusing phothshop.

Comment

OT: Okay, I'm feeling waaaay better now! I just watched Michael Phelps win gold medal #7.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Go Phelps! Such an amazing guy! Americans, what's the time over there? It's seven AM here, and yes I'm awake because I simply couldn't wait to hear what happened. Totally not sorry for getting up early.

Comment

Ok lemme get this straight
                      Spoiler:
                      The repli Liz turned totally replicator and eveil and went off? FRAN is FRAN and also went away....so we still didn't get our elizabeth, our flesh and blood, leader, s3 elizabeth?

Comment

Go Phelps! Such an amazing guy! Americans, what's the time over there? It's seven AM here, and yes I'm awake because I simply couldn't wait to hear what happened. Totally not sorry for getting up early.
                        I was out today but come home at 11pm so I could read episode reactions. I was thinking am I gong to regret this? and no I didn't. YAY SPARKY.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        The repli Liz turned totally replicator and eveil and went off? FRAN is FRAN and also went away....so we still didn't get our elizabeth, our flesh and blood, leader, s3 elizabeth?
                        Spoiler:
                        I didn't watch the episode but this was repli!Weir not the real Elizabeth Weir, basically like TMC and her consciousness went into Fran's body. Someone who watched it correct me.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          No no non on nonnonnooo (me chanelling Rodney, lol): Liz iz totally Repli, but not evil. It's her! And the way it is now, she CAN come back, if the writers want it.

Spoiler:
                          What bugs me is that Elizabeth, of all people, kind of put Atlantis in danger by appearing there with her repli bunch. But at the end she sacrifices herself - again - and that's something I'm kind of tired of seeing, because it's like Daniel Jackson thing where he dies. Comes back. Dies again. Comes back. Dies. Comes back. Even Jack knows he's not ded when they think he is. Anyway. I want to see I win at life and universe Elizabeth, because she deserves it (with John!!) but that part, I'm afraid, we get from the fandom writers. I'm not complaining about that. I'm happy because of John the woobie who still loves her to the core.

At the end, nobody dies in Sci Fi, especially not sparky.

And I thought I will be furious and cranky. I'm not. Nice change.

Comment

hee hee. You should eat, you need the energy to SQUEEEEEE!!!

And
                            Spoiler:
                            Computer Elizabeth asks about John first. And is face!!! and then the soft "hi" ... and when she asks if he remembers when thety left her and his voice breaks when he says "yes I remember".
                            I haven't even seen this ep and that spoiler there made me burst into tears...I can so see it *wails*

Comment

Sawy I went silent sparklies, workin on fanarts... sparky fanarts at that.

And, don't worry, Anuna. I'm sure you will be fine.
                              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

It is 1:25 AM on the East Coast (New York, or Georgia where I'm at). It is way past my bedtime but I'm a little stoked right now.

Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Not flesh and blood, no. The way the disembodied Weir explained it, the replicators did something to her body after she was captured. I don't think she said they 'killed' it, but that it was completely assimilated? I think? She didn't go evil, though--she retained her consciousness and the other replicators began to suspect her of being too human. She broke away with the other rogue replicators (Niam's group, lately of TMC fame.)

They attempted Ascension by uploading themselves into subspace energy, but it didn't work. Elizabeth essentially floated around the galaxy until she stumbled onto the Atlantis crew, then placed herself in the Atlantis computer and reassembled herself into FRAN's body because it was the easiest thing to create at the time.

So no flesh and blood Torri, no. Whether this is the 'real-real' Weir is one of those things that can be debated 'til the end of time. She could be real, she could be a copy--pick your fanfiction. But they did explain that it was possible to recreate a 'human' body that was completely human, which would mean that, if by some miracle Torri was to come back, you could easily connect the ending of GITM to an episode where her consciousness is placed in a flesh and blood body, and she's human Weir again, not a human-replicator hybrid. Not the original Weir, but not a replicator copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X