X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    They did mention 'rewriting' but it would be absolutely utter irony if

Spoiler:
    They killed off Elizabeth without Torri, since that's what Torri wanted. If she'd asked whenever they spoke and said 'hey, I'd like you to go ahead and kill her already' and they were okay with that, they would have said 'fine, we'll re-write to have you die'.

Since they didn't agree to that, I can only assume it means that the character ends up in limbo. Digitally ascended, perhaps. That's the only thing that, to me, makes sense, unless they keep her around in the Atlantis mainframe *LOL*. Trapping her in a VR world, or physically ascending her, would, IMO, require a Torri shot, because Elizabeth wouldn't ascend OR appear in a VR world as FRAN. She'd go back to her true form. Logically, that is. This is SGA and since they've been stubborn about Elizabeth before I'd say anything can happen.

Elizabeth as the Atlantis supercomputer though--that'd be...funny, or something.
    You're right,
    Spoiler:
    that would've been ironic if they were just going to kill her for good anyway. So I agree with you in thinking it's going to be some kind of limbo state instead. Either she's going to ascend (in which case she'll be off doing her ascended thing and won't be able to return to Atlantis because of those oh-so-convenient non-interference rules), or she's going to be stuck in the Atlantis computer, and if she's able to communicate with anyone in the expedition at all, it'll be through text messages.

Actually, they probably could really, physically ascend her. The FRAN nanites could deactivate and fall to the floor in a pile of silvery dust, leaving the glowy cloud of light that we've come to associate with ascended beings. As the nanites forming FRAN's face disintegrate, we could briefly see Torri's face for a few seconds before it disappears into the glowy cloud, thanks to CGI.

I seem to recall that they'd digitally replaced someone's face on an episode of SG-1; they couldn't get the actor in to reprise the role, so they had a stand-in for that short scene and CGI'd the face on the stand-in.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow, I really need to finish reading the s5 scripts....
      Spoiler:
      this Fran Weir thing is confusing me, and all this talk of will she ascend will she not? It'd be an ok ending, seems she is in someways a Daniel-Like character but if she ascends it still leaves it wide open, too open for my liking....yep, I'll be living in FF when this is all over.

I'm down a little at the moment, guess I've been thinking about how Elizabeth was taken too much. I mean, how painful would that be to everyne left behind , for years never knowing what happened to her. Is she still out there, is she good or bad, what have they done to her, does she remember us. My chest clenches just thinking about it, as we have had very similar story lines played out for real. Such as the kidnapping of...oh I've forgotten her name, and I only read it yesterday...that girl for 9 months...being alive and ok and only 6 km from home but being unable to do anything about it.
      Ok, off to read some HAPPY sparky fic to may me feel better.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

E: They all have the gene
        T: Really? That's just a coincidence. These are photo's of all the people you've slept with since you got here. If you don't give my Athosians a jumper, we'll give these to the IOA
        R: There's certainly a lot of Colonel Sheppard here. Major Lorne pops up too. Why wasn't I included in this?
        E: From what Teyla tells me Ronon, you're only impressive with your clothes on
        R (to Teyla): You said you weren't going to tell anyone (runs out of the room)
        Last edited by gateraid; 29 July 2008, 08:20 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
          Wow, I really need to finish reading the s5 scripts....
          Spoiler:
          this Fran Weir thing is confusing me, and all this talk of will she ascend will she not? It'd be an ok ending, seems she is in someways a Daniel-Like character but if she ascends it still leaves it wide open, too open for my liking....yep, I'll be living in FF when this is all over.

I'm down a little at the moment, guess I've been thinking about how Elizabeth was taken too much. I mean, how painful would that be to everyne left behind , for years never knowing what happened to her. Is she still out there, is she good or bad, what have they done to her, does she remember us. My chest clenches just thinking about it, as we have had very similar story lines played out for real. Such as the kidnapping of...oh I've forgotten her name, and I only read it yesterday...that girl for 9 months...being alive and ok and only 6 km from home but being unable to do anything about it.
          Ok, off to read some HAPPY sparky fic to may me feel better.
          I'm just trying not to get my hopes up. It's really too much to expect them to wrap things up 'properly' given that one of my pairing is no longer part of the main cast (& by properly I mean for the character as a whole, not just in terms of sparky). There's so many uncertainties involved - if they knew that s5 was the final season, they'd prolly end the 'arc' here, but i don't think they will, given that they won't know themselves until later in the year.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            E: They all have the gene
            T: Really? That's just a coincidence. These are photo's of all the people you've slept with since you got here. If you don't give my Athosians a jumper, we'll give these to the IOA
            R: There's certainly a lot of Colonel Sheppard here. Major Lorne pops up too. Why wasn't I included in this?
            E: From what Teyla tells me Ronon, you're only impressive with your clothes on
            R (to Teyla): You said you weren't going to tell anyone (runs out of the room)
            » HEEE! Poor Ronon

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Spoiler:

Elizabeth as the Atlantis supercomputer though--that'd be...funny, or something.
            » Remember these that FH made?

Spoiler:

» Keyboard crack me up everytime

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Spoiler:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh, that's perfect! I haven't seen those before, thanks for reposting them!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

» HEEE! Poor Ronon

Spoiler:

OMG LOLOLOLOL

*dies laughing*
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Hey! I still haven't posted the daily fic rec yet! Bad Kitty!

So, in honor of Sparky Fluff!Day:

It's All in the Delivery, by AngelQueen. Five things that Elizabeth would not normally wear. None of them are red. And she makes all of them look spectacular.

Happy reading!

Comment

» HEEE! Poor Ronon

Spoiler:

*is ROTFLMAO* oh that is GOOD! Speaking of good, been reading fics and found one of my favourites...check it out. It's an AU but I love AU's.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2637055/1/Desert_Rose

Comment

*is ROTFLMAO* oh that is GOOD! Speaking of good, been reading fics and found one of my favourites...check it out. It's an AU but I love AU's.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2637055/1/Desert_Rose
                      Oooh! I haven't read that one in a while; thanks for the link!

Comment

Series: Stargate Atlantis
                        Couple: Sheppard/Weir
                        Song: Girlfriend - by Avril Lavigne
                        Lengh/Size: 3.39mins, 18 mb
                        Spoiler: up to Season 3

Watch it on Youtube or download it over here!

Feedback is greatly welcome!

Comment

Just finished watching The Inn of the 6th Happiness...in it the main character was known as "Genii" (might not be spelt the same but that is how it is pronounced). Apparently this means 'The ones who loves.' I take the SGA creators got Genii from somewhere else then?

Nighty, nighty folks.

Comment

» HEEE! Poor Ronon

Spoiler:

I don't think I ever saw that! *squees* That's awesome! *LOL* When next I see [b]FH[/i] I'll have to green her.

@SK: I think whether they can use Torri's face depends on her contract. Some contracts limit the use of an actor's appearance after they've left or been let go.

We're all hoping for ascension (fits Elizabeth perfectly) so I hope we're not disappointed...though, if she does become the Atlantis computer and thereby remains a part of the story through texting, does that mean Sparky is still on in canon?

Wonder what Binder could do with that concept. I'd love to see Elizabeth randomly popping up on John's datapad. Can you make love to a datapad? *pictures John's woobie face staring down and petting his datapad screen.*

Just finished watching The Inn of the 6th Happiness...in it the main character was known as "Genii" (might not be spelt the same but that is how it is pronounced). Apparently this means 'The ones who loves.' I take the SGA creators got Genii from somewhere else then?

Nighty, nighty folks.
                            I loved that movie! Ingrid Bergman was so awesome. I believe the name she was given was spelled Jen-ai, but perhaps they were inspired...
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

» HEEE! Poor Ronon

Spoiler:

Oh my Lord - those are the funniest things I've seen in a long time. FH should get infinite green for that! LOL..................
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

As Fluff Day was either yesterday or today, why don't we go ahead and recap "Inferno?" Not that I consider that extreme fluff, but it has it's moments.

Inferno

Okay, so, just based on much of the Rodney and John dialog, I'm guessing the title of this episode refers to more than just the volcano blowing up. We get our fourth example of a 'Kirkette' in this episode, though I'm not going to be too hard on Norena. She does actually have a brain, and it's not her fault that she's 'hot'.

Plus, she leads to a great Sparky moment.

In the world of epic stories, sweeps episodes and developmental episodes, this episode fits very well the category of 'filler'. There are some good character moments throughout, and we recover an Aurora class ship that will be used (and destroyed) in the Season finale. And we do actually hear of the Taranians again--even see them, in a way. But in terms of importance, Inferno doesn't have significant bearing on SGA development. So it becomes fun filler for our season, giving us a break from the drama of "Michael" and a breather before the Season Finale.

However, Inferno does have some good moments as the drama intensifies, so it's not an episode I wouldn't watch again. It's enjoyable enough as an SGA filler.

The story begins with negotiations on Taranis, where the people are having a problem with their shield generator (hmmm, sound familiar? Hello SGA season 1!!) Chief scientist Norena (aka, hot chick) attaches herself to Rodney as he beings to work on the Ancient system that's in place.

While I thought the Rodney vs. John stuff off the top was amusing to a degree, this story seemed to present yet another shift in the Rodney character. Remember when he was all immersed in science during "The Brotherhood", so much as to not notice the hot female scientist who was into him? Has he just become more observant now? He's definitely uncomfortable with Norena's closeness yet he's fighting with Sheppard over her. It was like the writing couldn't figure out whether to make him humorous, scientific, nerdy or arrogant. So he's a bit all over the place.

In other areas of the world, John and team make an important discovery--an Aurora class ship that will become the basis of negotiations with the Taranians and also provide an interesting character exposition for Elizabeth.

When John returns to convince Elizabeth that recovery of the ship is worth pursuing, we get a really funny Sparky moment--one I rather enjoy. Though most of our sparky moments are bonding ones in times of trouble, we get a few really tongue-in-cheek, mostly with Elizabeth poking fun at John. This time is no exception. What I like most is how John reacts to Elizabeth's hitting the nail on the head about Norena. Rather than being smarmy, he suddenly gets...I don't know--embarrassed, perhaps, a little sheepish, maybe? In any case, discussing this with Elizabeth makes him a tad uncomfortable.

WEIR: Well, Rodney should still have the technical specs you brought back from the Aurora mission.

SHEPPARD: I told him to take a look at `em but first I want him to fix the, uh, shield generator – build some goodwill with these people.

WEIR: Good idea. Hopefully we can establish an alliance with them.

A ship like that ...

SHEPPARD: ... would come very much in handy now that the Wraith are probably on their way – I know. Uh, I'm gonna get back there now – uh, make sure he's not distracted.
                                WEIR: Distracted?
                                SHEPPARD: Ah, well, the lead scientist, uh, she's very, um ...
                                WEIR: ... hot?
                                SHEPPARD: I was gonna say attractive. But McKay is acting very, uh ...
                                WEIR: ... smitten?
                                SHEPPARD: I was gonna say pathetic. (He turns to leave.)

That sparky moment doesn't end there, though. You may have been laughing too hard to catch John's final comment at the end of that scene. When Elizabeth inquires as to the 'nature' of the Taranian leader--her understated way of asking whether he's 'hot'--look at John's face. Is it because he's truthfully not interested, or is there a little bit of male ego being interjected there? We know the leader of Taranis is certainly not 'hot'--but I like to think you can interpret John's nonchalance whatever way you like.

WEIR: Wait. I should head back with you and begin negotiations with the Taranan leader. What's *he* like?

SHEPPARD: Oh, you know. He's a guy. Didn't pay much attention. Sorry!

As Rodney and Norena continue to work on the shield problem, Elizabeth makes a rare off-world appearance to negotiation with the Taranian leader. Their dialog sets up an interesting opportunity for Elizabeth character development. I like how she works her way through getting Laikos to trust her. But she maintains the power and authority of the commander of Atlantis, too.

Now, Chancellor, don't take this as a threat in any way, but we already possess that capability. Now, having that ability and using it are two entirely different things

The problem comes to light as a power issue--the volcano they've been using for geothermal power is overloading, threatening the whole Taranian society. I thought the reaction of Laikos was realistic--he believes the whole thing is being made up to allow the Atlantians the ability to take the Aurora class ship. Honestly, if you were on a world where a huge volcanic explosion had never happened, and suddenly you have to evacuate everyone just as you'd made allies powerful enough to use the ship, wouldn't you be a little suspicious?

Uh, what was up with the belt?

Okay, now, I'm not a seismologist, vulcanologist or anything similar, but even I had to raise an eyebrow of suspicion about the excuse for this planet being blown to smithereens. My understanding of geothermal energy is that it's generated without outside interference--the steam is continually being supplied, not generated--so how did pressure build in the caldera? They weren't pulling anything out of the volcano, the heat already existed--science majors, is this a plausible way to cause an eruption?

Well, regardless, I do like how the story shapes around the volcano's preliminary eruption. Carson comes across to help with the evacuation, while the Taranians head back with Elizabeth to Atlantis. My one gripe is that she had to leave without being trapped, but I suppose the story would have been difficult without her manning the command on the other side. Still, having her be in danger would have been fun.

Well, it takes a lot to destroy a stargate, but apparently a whole river of lava will do it. Elizabeth discovers the gate won't reconnect, and immediately orders the Daedalus to head to Taranis (this is important for another sparky moment coming up).

Here begins the sensitive nature of Elizabeth's job--being able to balance out leadership with negotiation--to make people of different races and cultures be able to trust her. I particularly liked how that balance was handled here. Laikos was one of those guys you wanted to smack for not understanding the Lanteans meant no harm, but at the same time, his viewpoint is realistic--he doesn't know them like we do. Elizabeth wins him over genuinely, though, and that development is believable and enjoyable to watch.

Coming Up...Volcanic connections--and we get ourselves a warship to blow-up...
                                Last edited by Eri13; 18 July 2008, 07:36 AM.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X