Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulrissaRahany View Post
    Okay, so I really need to leave this thread. =P You guys are making me forget why I disliked this episode so much. You bring in all the cute Sparky moments, and just thinking of John's actions towards her...it makes anything melt doesn't it. Still can't get over not having Torri, but I agree with some of the people in here saying...If it really was Torri, I would have cried my eyes out. I don't think I would have recovered. =(
    I think what's happening here is we are all a little giddy from all the obvious Sparky thrown about in this episode. There was just no innuendos, only plain facts. Hard to crush someone's spirit when they throw evidence around. I don't know exactly how I will feel tomorrow, but right now? I am high on Sparky.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by PaulrissaRahany View Post
      Okay, so I really need to leave this thread. =P You guys are making me forget why I disliked this episode so much. You bring in all the cute Sparky moments, and just thinking of John's actions towards her...it makes anything melt doesn't it. Still can't get over not having Torri, but I agree with some of the people in here saying...If it really was Torri, I would have cried my eyes out. I don't think I would have recovered. =(
      Ah don't leave. It's been so long since as soon as I finished reading the whole page and posted a reply there was another 5 other responses.

I see it like this, I can hate the episode and dislike what they did to Weir but the one good thing will always be sparky. I ignore everything else and focus on sparky.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
        Absolutely loved the episode. I miss Torri, but MM did a great job. The chemistry with Sheppard was there.

So many great Sheppard/Weir moments. That last look, wow. I'm not usually a shipper, but the writing for those two characters has been great.
        OMG <3 you.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Ah don't leave. It's been so long since as soon as I finished reading the whole page and posted a reply there was another 5 other responses.

I see it like this, I can hate the episode and dislike what they did to Weir but the one good thing will always be sparky. I ignore everything else and focus on sparky.
          Absolutely!!! There's tons of it in this episode alone. If they butcher the rest of the season, I will still be high from this one alone. I had feared JF had forgotten Sparky, and he's proven me wrong and restored my faith.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            *agree* also
            Spoiler:
            think back to when John interrupts their little chat and stands in the middle. It was kinda cute, like were you guys talking about me, way ... I am so sad once more that Torri wasn't the one in this episode, but I don't think I'd have been able to handle it if it were her, kwim? John's face, OMG!!! Every single time!!!! I have to watch this episode again. No doubts about that.
            Spoiler:
            Love how he butted in there too. Like he wanted time to talk with her too!

I am terribly sad it wasn't Torri. OMG THE PATHOS. That last look? We none of us would have had a dry eye (and probably shouldn't, because the idea is that it was her in spirit). But honestly, since it would have only been the one episode, Franibeth didn't break my heart. I think Torri being in it would have--one big fat reminder that she was not going to show up again because of a poor decision.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted her there, but I'm not bitter she wasn't in it. It saved me the mountains of regret I would have been feeling at the same time I was enjoying woobie!John. For me this was sorta like an AU--since I'm not invested in the show anymore, I could watch this one little diversion, enjoy the sparky, and not have to feel depressed for the rest of the season like I was when I finished TMC. Elizabeth is still out there, she can come back, and most importantly, John is still obviously invested in her, and that's enough for me right now.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

**tosses mints to the thread**

sigpic

Comment

I think what's happening here is we are all a little giddy from all the obvious Sparky thrown about in this episode. There was just no innuendos, only plain facts. Hard to crush someone's spirit when they throw evidence around. I don't know exactly how I will feel tomorrow, but right now? I am high on Sparky.

I want to be high on Sparky.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  OMG <3 you.
                  I haven't been giddy in so long, I'm staying up late to enjoy it. I'll watch it again tomorrow and hopefully have time to do some screen caps.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Joe Flanigan Definitely Did a Good Job. im with a lot of people this had more sparky moments that this mortal coil but nothing will ever defeat lifeline. at the end it was like "he did it again he never said goodbye."

Comment

Okay. Sorry about that. I'm more coherent now. slightly. That being said, I'm not sure where my mind is going so we're gonna be safe...

but first, I do agree, Paulrissa, that there is no Lizbeth but Torri. But under the circumstances I'm just glad they didn't pull a FORD and forget about her for years.

Spoiler:

I giggled when a spark stopped Sheppard in his tracks. Sometimes I swear writers send us specific bones. And while I, too, kept picturing Torri, I was actively trying not to shut myself out to Michelle. She was okay, like was said. I respect that if nothing else she clearly did her research.

I loved, more than anything, that sparky prevailed even this daunting task.

Shep was what made Repli!Lizbeth stop. John was the first person she asked for. She was the last thing she saw. A choice that was all hers. Her last "memory" she chose to be him.

And, wait, didn't she say something about being kept apart from her real self?

But I'm in an optimistic world in which the writers will go begging and pleading back to Torri and They'll bring her back and give her a human body and we'll have true sparky...

The bad? So stiff. The flashbacks/explanation just felt like there was something missing. Like if you turned the camera just a little further back, Torri was sitting there. Waiting.

and as a side note, isn't Carl a chocoholic too? *considering sending him some from local chocolate shops.* Because when it comes down to it, he really was the only one we could trust at all with this. He's stated he liked writing for Elizabeth. We love him for that.
                      "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Joe Flanigan Definitely Did a Good Job. im with a lot of people this had more sparky moments that this mortal coil but nothing will ever defeat lifeline. at the end it was like "he did it again he never said goodbye."
                        In my opinion that bit in Lifeline where the team literally has to drag Sheppard away and he's screaming "Elizabeth" is one of the most well written, well acted moments on the show.

This was such a great continuation of that.
                        Rush rocks.

Comment

You have GOT to watch the WHOLE episode.... to get the full impact. Even the stupid
                          Spoiler:
                          computer voice
                          has it's part.
                          I think the

Spoiler:
                          'Is that Richard Woolsey?' line totally saved the computer voice for me. That was the most "Torri-ish" for me the episode got, because it had her inflection and you could totally have seen her making the face she would have made when she said it.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          You just made me wanna
                          Spoiler:
                          squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And again I give you my best JF
                          Spoiler:
                          squee!

That confused me a little too.
                          Spoiler:
                          In all the other eps they have all been living in the city. This must mean Teyla spends a lot of time with her people. After all the angst she went through I can't see her sending her baby away. And um...isn't she nursing him? Men write this. That's for sure.
                          *LOL*
                          Spoiler:
                          Okay...glad it wasn't just me. I thought it might have been Teyla lying about him, the way that Rachel looked (she actually does give Teyla a lying face) and the way Michelle Morgan reacted, like she knew there was more to it. Teyla being the overprotective Mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Love how he butted in there too. Like he wanted time to talk with her too!

I am terribly sad it wasn't Torri. OMG THE PATHOS. That last look? We none of us would have had a dry eye (and probably shouldn't, because the idea is that it was her in spirit). But honestly, since it would have only been the one episode, Franibeth didn't break my heart. I think Torri being in it would have--one big fat reminder that she was not going to show up again because of a poor decision.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted her there, but I'm not bitter she wasn't in it. It saved me the mountains of regret I would have been feeling at the same time I was enjoying woobie!John. For me this was sorta like an AU--since I'm not invested in the show anymore, I could watch this one little diversion, enjoy the sparky, and not have to feel depressed for the rest of the season like I was when I finished TMC. Elizabeth is still out there, she can come back, and most importantly, John is still obviously invested in her, and that's enough for me right now.
                            ITA with you. I would have been sobbing my eyes out if it was actually Torri, instead of being able to sit at the edge of my seat, and actually watch it. That
                            Spoiler:
                            last scene alone
                            elevates this entire episode for me.

Oh and not to forget the neat little twist of
                            Spoiler:
                            Elizabeth "physically" protecting John.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I haven't been giddy in so long, I'm staying up late to enjoy it. I'll watch it again tomorrow and hopefully have time to do some screen caps.
                              I may not come down until sometime tomorrow. I am SO high on Sparky right now. Like someone else pointed out .. [spoiler]the whole
                              Spoiler:
                              SPARKS stopping John in his track. *vbg* When the "computer voice Elizabeth" asks about John ... SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                                Okay. Sorry about that. I'm more coherent now. slightly. That being said, I'm not sure where my mind is going so we're gonna be safe...

but first, I do agree, Paulrissa, that there is no Lizbeth but Torri. But under the circumstances I'm just glad they didn't pull a FORD and forget about her for years.

Spoiler:

I giggled when a spark stopped Sheppard in his tracks. Sometimes I swear writers send us specific bones. And while I, too, kept picturing Torri, I was actively trying not to shut myself out to Michelle. She was okay, like was said. I respect that if nothing else she clearly did her research.

I loved, more than anything, that sparky prevailed even this daunting task.

Shep was what made Repli!Lizbeth stop. John was the first person she asked for. She was the last thing she saw. A choice that was all hers. Her last "memory" she chose to be him.

And, wait, didn't she say something about being kept apart from her real self?

But I'm in an optimistic world in which the writers will go begging and pleading back to Torri and They'll bring her back and give her a human body and we'll have true sparky...

The bad? So stiff. The flashbacks/explanation just felt like there was something missing. Like if you turned the camera just a little further back, Torri was sitting there. Waiting.

and as a side note, isn't Carl a chocoholic too? *considering sending him some from local chocolate shops.* Because when it comes down to it, he really was the only one we could trust at all with this. He's stated he liked writing for Elizabeth. We love him for that.
                                Well said. I agree...

Spoiler:
                                And I forgot she asked about John first. That's awesome. And you know what, I was busy on John I didn't even think that perhaps her last little thought, as she closes her eyes, was of his face. I hate that she's suspended in perpetual animation, but if that's what she's seeing...*sigh*

Yeah. I hoped Binder would make it good, and I think he made it about as good as he possibly could with what he was given. I'm glad he did this for Elizabeth, and for John.

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                                In my opinion that bit in Lifeline where the team literally has to drag Sheppard away and he's screaming "Elizabeth" is one of the most well written, well acted moments on the show.

This was such a great continuation of that.
                                True. And...

Spoiler:
                                This felt more tangible, unlike the situation in TMC. It was a great continuation to Lifeline, but are we surprised? Binder wrote Lifeline, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X