Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are making me LOL.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    They see it. They just don't want to admit it. Because if they did admit that they see it, that would mean admitting that they screwed up, and they can't do that because it would hurt their poor little egos (not to mention their job security). Which no doubt is also the reason why they never considered asking Torri back full time after Amanda Tapping decided to leave SGA to focus her time on Sanctuary.
    Prison Break brought back Sarah and she was DEAD. Prison Break is not sci-fi and they managed to bring back a character they had killed. Granted we didn't see her die but I was pretty sure that was her when they showed her. Things were pretty sour with Sarah Wayne Callis and the TPTB but somehow they managed to bring her back and she agreed. I never though she would come back so I pretty much stopped watching Prison Break after she was killed off but they did bring her back and that was a surprise. I'm not saying SGA ptb will bring back Elizabeth but they have so much more leeway for her to come back then the Prison Break PTB. All they have to do is actually want her to come back.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » Hot?
    Totally.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      Prison Break brought back Sarah and she was DEAD. Prison Break is not sci-fi and they managed to bring back a character they had killed. Granted we didn't see her die but I was pretty sure that was her when they showed her. Things were pretty sour with Sarah Wayne Callis and the TPTB but somehow they managed to bring her back and she agreed. I never though she would come back so I pretty much stopped watching Prison Break after she was killed off but they did bring her back and that was a surprise. I'm not saying SGA ptb will bring back Elizabeth but they have so much more leeway for her to come back then the Prison Break PTB. All they have to do is actually want her to come back.
      Yeah, I was thinking of the parallel with Prison Break, too.

And that does beg the question: Do SGA's PTB even want Torri to come back? That they offered her only one episode this season (and some vague handwaving at a "possibly larger storyline" that may or may not have even existed) would seem to suggest that they didn't really want her back, they were just going through the motions to placate the fans. [sarcasm]And we all know how well that worked.[/sarcasm] *snorts* So if we really want Torri back on the show in a significant way that she's comfortable with, whether it be full time or recurring, then the fans need to turn up the heat, on TPTB, on MGM, and on SciFi.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

» Okay, so turn up the heat. *rubs hands together*

» First, we have the lovelyAtlantis Cast Support Thread that Alyssa started back in 2006. That's what I'm aiming for, with a Lizzie emphasis. (But the rest of the old cast, too!)

» And God. That was two years ago. How right she was!

This is most likely a case of them wanting to bring in SG1 people. Instead of just bringing them in, it sounds like they also want to cull some of the existing SGA cast, which, IMO is unjustifiable.
        » Go read it. We need AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

» SAVE ELIZABETH. SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
          Someone in the audience asked what happened to the first Weir (played by Jessica Steen in SG-1's Lost City two-parter). There was a brief uncomfortable silence, followed by Brad Wright explaining (badly) that things change. JoeF interjected that "people die" (obviously in reference to Torri's Weir), BW correcting him in referring to the first one with "the one from the Lost City, she got lost", trying to change the subject, etc. It was certainly fun watching BW squirm.
          What an odd comment.
          Spoiler:
          She got lost?

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          » If this fandom is impossible, the showrunners are even more so. One day they say: "No one ever dies in SciFi, so Weir can come back." And then the next day: "Well, someone had to die, or it's not realistic". And back and forth. Please. And I know it's SciFi, but an exploding tumour just pushes the limits. Of stupidity.
          Every time someone says they're trying to inject realism into sci-fi, I flash on a Zoe/Wash conversation in Firefly:

Wash: Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction.
          Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.
          Wash: So?

» Just like they can see that everybody loves Keller. /sarcasm But yes.
          Me thinks someone needs new glasses...

» Hot?
          And a little adorkable.

You guys are making me LOL.

Totally.
          I don't watch Prison Break, but wasn't she worse than dead? And by that I mean there should have been no way in heck to bring her back.

OTOH, there are a multitude of ways to bring Elizabeth back AND many great ways to utilize the character when they do. Including closet time with John
          sigpic
          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Ummmm yeah, she got lost. To me it looks like they are the ones who got lost in they back and forth talking in circles. But that's me. I was away for the whole day yesterday, for my regular checkup. Everything's fine and I'm healthy and that's GOOD!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              What an odd comment.
              Spoiler:
              She got lost?
              *snorts* Yeah, that was definitely a WTF? moment for me.

Me thinks someone needs new glasses...
              Heh! Somehow, I don't think even LASIK could help them now.

I don't watch Prison Break, but wasn't she worse than dead? And by that I mean there should have been no way in heck to bring her back.

OTOH, there are a multitude of ways to bring Elizabeth back AND many great ways to utilize the character when they do. Including closet time with John
              I don't watch PB either, but I'd heard about that whole mess, and yeah, there should've been no way to bring Sarah back. But PB's PTB did it anyway.

SGA's PTB, on the other hand, clearly don't have the creativity or the balls to bring back Elizabeth and then have her contribute to the stories in a dynamic and clever way. (To say nothing of snogging John senseless...) Because if they'd had the creativity and the balls to do it... hell, they would never have gotten rid of her in the first place.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                Ummmm yeah, she got lost. To me it looks like they are the ones who got lost in they back and forth talking in circles. But that's me. I was away for the whole day yesterday, for my regular checkup. Everything's fine and I'm healthy and that's GOOD!
                Yep, TPTB are lost... they've lost their minds! Too bad for us that they're not lost on an uncharted island instead.

And yay! It's definitely good to hear you're doing well!

Comment

Dropping off my fic rec for today, and then off to bed! Two stories by Little Red, both set in Season 1. Old skool Atlantis rules!

First up, Intermission. Elizabeth takes a moment to watch a sleeping John, and learns something.

Next, Afternoon Delight. Who needs Earth? Vacations in Pegasus are so much more enjoyable when there are no rules.

Happy reading!

Comment

Dropping off my fic rec for today, and then off to bed! Two stories by Little Red, both set in Season 1. Old skool Atlantis rules!

First up, Intermission. Elizabeth takes a moment to watch a sleeping John, and learns something.

Next, Afternoon Delight. Who needs Earth? Vacations in Pegasus are so much more enjoyable when there are no rules.

Happy reading!
                    Oh the first one just makes me want to write S1 fics. I love how she writes Elizabeth - firm 8as a leader) but still insecure about her own issues. That's something I find a challenge to write, and i'm probably overdoing it, but practice makes perfect, right?

Grrr, right now I feel kind of meh about my Big bang.

Comment

*joins in hoping for new writers and showrunners for SGA*

Spoiler:
                      Someone in the audience asked what happened to the first Weir (played by Jessica Steen in SG-1's Lost City two-parter). There was a brief uncomfortable silence, followed by Brad Wright explaining (badly) that things change. JoeF interjected that "people die" (obviously in reference to Torri's Weir), BW correcting him in referring to the first one with "the one from the Lost City, she got lost", trying to change the subject, etc. It was certainly fun watching BW squirm.

They see it. They just don't want to admit it. Because if they did admit that they see it, that would mean admitting that they screwed up, and they can't do that because it would hurt their poor little egos (not to mention their job security). Which no doubt is also the reason why they never considered asking Torri back full time after Amanda Tapping decided to leave SGA to focus her time on Sanctuary.

Heh. Probably just as much of a snarky troublemaker as he is now. God bless JoeF!
                      Don't forget the part in the ComicCon thing when
                      Spoiler:
                      BW corrected JF on which Weir they were talking about after JF said "people die". JF said "I know." I'm not sure you can hear it well, but I read his lips. *pauses for a moment* *all better now* He knew exactly what he was saying. lol
                      And JF in high school. Hot for sure, but he always says he "got shipped off" to boarding school when he was 14. I'd love to know what that was about though I have my suspicions that he was an underachiever like my own darling boy who also got "shipped off" at 14. Tough love is a *****.

And yes, they don't think they screwed up and can point at the higher ratings to prove it. *wonders why we don't know any ratings for The Seed*
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't get this any more. At all. *headdesk*

Higher ratings? Really? Oh wonderful. Now they'll never get canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          And JF in high school. Hot for sure, but he always says he "got shipped off" to boarding school when he was 14. I'd love to know what that was about though I have my suspicions that he was an underachiever like my own darling boy who also got "shipped off" at 14. Tough love is a *****.
                          I wonder what John was like in high school. And Elizabeth. And what kind of kids they were!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            I wonder what John was like in high school. And Elizabeth. And what kind of kids they were!
                            John got a lot of speeding tickets and Liz was president of the Student Council. LOL

This reminds me of a conversation that took place in my house on Sunday. OT Sort of.
                            Spoiler:
                            Our friends announced that their daughter's boyfriend has been admitted to the Naval Academy where he is hoping to become a pilot. Our other friend, who is a pilot in the Air Force, said, "OMG, do you know what is the only thing pilots want to do?" Everyone else in the room shouted "FLY!" And he went on to say "when they're not going 650 mph they're sitting on their butts drinking beer and playing video games." We all had a good laugh at his expense and the couple assured everyone that the BF is not going to be like that. Actually I've met him and he's a very well mannered young man, but I'll bet John was too at 18.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              John got a lot of speeding tickets and Liz was president of the Student Council. LOL

This reminds me of a conversation that took place in my house on Sunday. OT Sort of.
                              Spoiler:
                              Our friends announced that their daughter's boyfriend has been admitted to the Naval Academy where he is hoping to become a pilot. Our other friend, who is a pilot in the Air Force, said, "OMG, do you know what is the only thing pilots want to do?" Everyone else in the room shouted "FLY!" And he went on to say "when they're not going 650 mph they're sitting on their butts drinking beer and playing video games." We all had a good laugh at his expense and the couple assured everyone that the BF is not going to be like that. Actually I've met him and he's a very well mannered young man, but I'll bet John was too at 18.
                              Heee. I think he was actually quiet guy, especially with people he didn't know well. Also, I think he was stubborn as hell when he wanted to accomplish something he deemed important. I can imagine young and stubborn John being a pain in the mikta and getting himself into trouble because of his passion to do the right thing and not knowing when to stop pushing some issue, even doing against other people's wishes. Also, i think he was one of those teenagers who never showed just how smart they are - like SR says, he was probably an underachiever. With a knack for getting himself into trouble, I bet lot of grown ups didn't take him seriously.

Elizabeth, on the other hand could have been one of those smart, responsible girls who could talk well and knew how to win every teacher. And I bet she knew how to achieve her goals and things she held important because she was smart with her words. Something like John's opposite, but just as passionate as him when she truly believed something had to be done.

Comment

The Elizabeth thing is never going to die. I mean there is already another thread about her in the the s5 folder. How many Elizabeth threads have we had already this season? and this is without her actually being on the show.
                                Well, she'll be on the show, but without Torri. It's like I mentioned earlier, however--any leadership issue/new female will bring up general discussion about Weir again. That's the legacy she leaves behind. TPTB must be frustrated to no end to have many of the fandom things and articles about the new season still referencing Weir.

There's speculation on a thread somewhere that IF (biiiiig IF) Atlantis and Universe were to run at the same time, they would need to bring in some new writers. I would think most of the current bunch probably wants to move to SGU so.... *hopes for new writing blood in SGA*

Okay, obviously I missed something in my viewing.
                                Spoiler:
                                What was the Weir comment?

You'd think TPTB would see that many people want her back, wouldn't you?

I wonder what JF was like in high school? *g*
                                You'd think they would have realized she should never have been let go in the first place, right? That she actually HAD fans out there before they wrote her out? *headdesk*

All the speculating on new writers and TPTB regretting things is nice, but for me it goes back to Torri and what she's willing to do. She's the keystone in this, and right now it doesn't feel like she has any interest in doing Atlantis at all. That being the case, I'm not looking to hope at anything that might happen until I see what Torri's up to. Here's hoping TPTB are willing to bury the hatchet and ask her nicely to come back--and give her a really good arc to boot.

Until then, I'll keep enjoying her presence in the first 3 seasons +2 episodes, and have fun hanging with you guys.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X