Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

Dropping in with a rec for today's Year of the Spark fic on Fanfiction.net: The Chieftain's Daughter, by fyd818. Athosian festivals, Satedan legends, Sparky and Spanky both have secrets to tell... what more could you want?

Go read!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Page two? This will never do. How about a pic?

Spoiler:
      Liz: Our Sparky thread was really quiet today.
      John: Yeah, I know. It makes me sad a little.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Page two again. Where is everyone? Must still be off doing weekend... things.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Page two? This will never do. How about a pic?

Spoiler:
        Liz: Our Sparky thread was really quiet today.
        John: Yeah, I know. It makes me sad a little.
        *hugs Lizzie and John* Don't be sad, I love you two!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello thread! What? There aren't two pages for me to catch up? Bad bad bad!

I must inform you guys that I won't be around here today - it's because of the concert, we're going straight to Zagreb after I finish work. You'll hear more about it tomorrow

What else? European championship in soccer begun two days ago.... Croatia played yesterday against Austria and won. God I hate biased judges, but my lovely team could have played better.

I think Germany will kick their butts. Sadly.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53244&page=149

And yes... don't forget to vote Elizabeth!

Comment

Lots of quotes in spoiler tags to save space...

Posted by AnnaBee
              Spoiler:
              I should be packing but I'm de-lurking just to say how much I agree with this.

The idea of Rodney being borderline Asperger's is something I've been thinking for a while now The one-track mind, the disbelief that anyone could think anything is better/more worthwhile than the things that interest him, the lack of social skills and inability to interpret social cues ("People don't like me?")...my younger brother has Asperger's and there is a definate similarity. Minus the arrogance and, well, jerk-ness of course.

Also, anyone live in Austin, TX and want to meet up for a drink or something?

Posted by Anuna
              Spoiler:
              Yes I agree. Rodney could be the mild case of Asperger's. I wonder what his reaction would be if someone diagnosed him. Hmmm. Talk about writing ideas.
              Kate Heightmeyer would have a field day with that one. And she'd definitely want some aspirin before it was all over.

Posted by Southern Red
              Spoiler:
              A lot of borderline Asperger's come across a bit arrogant and jerky. They don't understand why people think so slowly and get impatient. Then they just blurt out whatever and don't notice that they've offended. Rodney to a T.
              The whole misinterpretation of Sam's interest in him fits too. That's why the new ship direction for McKay does not fit.
              Yup. More character assassination, and this time, McKay is the target. *sighs* Someone on the anti thread said it best: I don't want to start hating characters that I love.

*shrugs* I'm not a doctor...but Meditrina is....
              By the way... congrats on the MD!~!!! again....
              Dr. Stansell still sounds weird to me.

have fun Sparkers,

Serotonin
              sigpic

Comment

Hey Serotonin! Nice observation. Hmmm - he could be narcissistic, but I don't see him as having a personality disorder. At least not that one.

I was always wondering what Elizabeth would be diagnosed with.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Hey Serotonin! Nice observation. Hmmm - he could be narcissistic, but I don't see him as having a personality disorder. At least not that one.

I was always wondering what Elizabeth would be diagnosed with.
                  Or John, for that matter. (well, besides his suicidal hero tendencies)

Comment

Originally posted by Serotonin View Post
                    Lots of quotes in spoiler tags to save space...

See, Asperger's was what I thought too but Meditrina says that Rodney is the textbook example of Nacissistic Personality Disorder.
                    She said something about how Rodney's use of abstract concepts would have ruled out Asperger's on the quote DDX (DDX is apparently dork-speak for Differential Diagnosis).

*shrugs* I'm not a doctor...but Meditrina is....
                    By the way... congrats on the MD!~!!! again....
                    Dr. Stansell still sounds weird to me.

have fun Sparkers,

Serotonin
                    Glad to see you here. I'm not a doc, but I was a teacher and I usually see things I saw in students. LOL Asperger's is common among geniuses, the absent minded, socially inept, physically awkward types. Rodney functions very well. Any disorder he has is very mild.

As for Elizabeth, she's pretty well adjusted, but everybody has something. John could keep a therapist busy full time. lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Glad to see you here. I'm not a doc, but I was a teacher and I usually see things I saw in students. LOL Asperger's is common among geniuses, the absent minded, socially inept, physically awkward types. Rodney functions very well. Any disorder he has is very mild.

As for Elizabeth, she's pretty well adjusted, but everybody has something. John could keep a therapist busy full time. lol
                      Agreed. What ever is wrong with Elizabeth would be something subtle. You could argue that she like hopeless causes and trying to fix people (John, Ronon etc.). Clearly she craves adventure. And she has probably a greater obsession with the Ancients than Daniel. She seems to always be searching for something greater. She's self sacrificing, maybe not as blatantly as John but its there. It guess you could say that she has all the same psychological problems as John only in John they are more noticeable. They are very similar in a lot of respects.
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh I promise to diagnose John after the Knopfler concert. Now I gotta run. I want some posts to keep me busy tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                          Agreed. What ever is wrong with Elizabeth would be something subtle. You could argue that she like hopeless causes and trying to fix people (John, Ronon etc.). Clearly she craves adventure. And she has probably a greater obsession with the Ancients than Daniel. She seems to always be searching for something greater. She's self sacrificing, maybe not as blatantly as John but its there. It guess you could say that she has all the same psychological problems as John only in John they are more noticeable. They are very similar in a lot of respects.
                          Which is exactly what makes them a great - and realistic - couple. It's not opposites that attract. Take it from a professional.

Comment

Enjoy the concert Anuna. We'll hold down the fort.

Who hasn't voted? http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53244&page=150
                            sigpic

Comment

I voted!

Please everyone - go vote - we could win this today if every single one of us votes!Thank you......

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53244&page=150
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                                I voted!

Please everyone - go vote - we could win this today if every single one of us votes!Thank you......

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...53244&page=150
                                *flails* We had Ronon down to 1 vote twice! Now he's up to 4 again. Aaarrggghhh! Sparky must be triumphant!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X