No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeee. i like kissing with open eyes, but not to look around me. I look straight into the eyes of significant other. This needs John kissing - Liz - and - staring - into - her - eyes drabble.
    Oh I totally think that when she passed out in TLG it was John who carried her, because when she fell he was the first down on the floor next to her. That needs a ficlet too. I can see Carson fussing, Rodney panicking, Caldwell being worried, and all of them follow John who is heading toward infirmary with Elizabeth in his hands. People, of course, watching them as they go through corridors. Some female expedition members sighing at the sight.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*yaaaay* Fics Fics Fics Fics

hehe, the girls think *omg, what a hot strong man* when he passes with liz in his muscly arms *rofl* but in real he just has eyes for liz, of course

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of: OMG look at them, so cute.... he really loves her! *flailing*

Here's one of my favorite flirting moments:

Now, what do you think, would expedition members approve their relationship? Especially during those times when Atlantis was cut off from Earth. Another topic that never ceases to fascinate me is other people there and their relationships. They got stuck in another galaxy, cut off from home, closed off in a city that floats on the water. Enemies everywhere. How would people react to a situation like one on Atlantis, S1?

It's often said that danger and near death situations facilitate romance. What do you think guys?

Comment

loooooool, anuna i dont think they would think that it would be more:
          *agrrr.. that bloody bit.. why does always she has the luck? why not me for once?*

approve their relationship? hm .. i dont know .. it was a complicated time but i dont think that in season 1 there would have been NO relationships already.. i mean lots of members still missed their loved ones from home (see liz with simon)
          .. season 1 seemed all so stiff to me so i doubt that there was much going on. it was just work and the ppl from work which whom you really dont want to go in touch with. it wasnt the 'atlantis family' like it is now where there are deep friendships and stuff ... everybody was closed up, nobody was open and willing to let others into their small world - thats what i think about season 1

... it changed a lot into s2 because they started with character episodes and you got more background, you started to understood the characters, you started to know them abit more...

but back to your question anuna i personally do not think, that ppl would have welcomed it back then. as i said, it was all to stiff and all to unpersonalistic

Comment

Heh, but they were under lot of stress. You seriously think all those people, working under such dire circumstances didn't seek any relief? People who sleep around at their work the most are medical doctors and nurses (even if married). I wonder why.

Comment

looooool - is there somone watching too much Greys Anatomie? *rofl*
              i've never watched that series, but from the adverts it seems like its a permant 'who slept with whom' thing

but .. john and liz dont work in the infirmary

and yeah. i know what you thinking now: still, they SO DID IT
              well yeah.. someone had to make john feel better when he escapted death once again ... what is better than liz making him feel .. man-ly

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                looooool - is there somone watching too much Greys Anatomie? *rofl*
                i've never watched that series, but from the adverts it seems like its a permant 'who slept with whom' thing

but .. john and liz dont work in the infirmary

and yeah. i know what you thinking now: still, they SO DID IT
                well yeah.. someone had to make john feel better when he escapted death once again ... what is better than liz making him feel .. man-ly
                Actually I don't watch Grey's anatomy. I pointed out med doc profession because it's full of stress. Sex happens to be very good means to relief, and it's not only doctors who do it. You don't have to work in the infirmary to be stressed out and want nothing more than a warm body next to you to make you feel more human.

Now about what you said that they were very stiff in S1 and didn't have any personal connections - true, it was different than S2 or 3 but think - those 100 people there - the only thing they had was each other! You don't really go and shut yourself off in a place like Atlantis. You make friends rather quickly in order not to go insane. Remember Peter and Carson teasing Rodney about the shield? John's jokes "I shot him. In the leg". Watching football? Remember Elizabeth taking Ford's hand after the team was saved from jumper in 38 minutes? Last few scenes in The Eye? One can hardly say they weren't close.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  I was thinking more along the lines of: OMG look at them, so cute.... he really loves her! *flailing*

Here's one of my favorite flirting moments:

Now, what do you think, would expedition members approve their relationship? Especially during those times when Atlantis was cut off from Earth. Another topic that never ceases to fascinate me is other people there and their relationships. They got stuck in another galaxy, cut off from home, closed off in a city that floats on the water. Enemies everywhere. How would people react to a situation like one on Atlantis, S1?

It's often said that danger and near death situations facilitate romance. What do you think guys?
                  Spoilers below for The Last Man

Spoiler:
                  I know this is counted as a different ship, but take Rodney and Keller in The Last Man as an example. He said they came together and became close friends because of what happened to the team, the city and the galaxy.
                  The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                  Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                  "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
                    Spoilers below for The Last Man

Spoiler:
                    I know this is counted as a different ship, but take Rodney and Keller in The Last Man as an example. He said they came together and became close friends because of what happened to the team, the city and the galaxy.
                    Exactly.

5 000 posts people!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Anuna on 5000 Posts!

Hee! I just sent this from my new phone!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Is that why there are no mints, Pocus???

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Is that why there are no mints, Pocus???

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x.../bscap1434.jpg
                          I am on my laptop as well as my phone. Here are your mints!!

I have been playing with my new phone since last night and haven't figured out the ins and outs. I think it will be way too hard to post pics fromt there, but at least I can read and post when I am bored at the DIY stores with Hubby!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yay! People we haven't ahd a mint falvored party in quite some time, I say we htrow one now. Brin in your sparky music, mints, pics, everything!!!!!

Alison Krauss - When you say nothing at all

Comment

Here is some pie!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amz_123 View Post
                                *Delurks*
                                Hey Sparkies,
                                I'm wondering if anyone can remember/has link to a fanvid from a few years ago. It was when I first got into the fandom of Sparky and it was the first fanvid that I'd watched. It was 'Fix You' by Coldplay and it may or may not have had 'Conversion' stuff in it.
                                Ever since I saw it, everytime I hear 'Fix You' I think of Sparky and it was on So You Think You Can Dance tonight and I skipped around the house going 'that's my fav song'. Mum was like 'why' and I was like 'Because it's a Sparky song', she just rolled her eyes and kept watching the dance.
                                So yeah I'm wondering if anyone knows of it...
                                YES. Was this it?
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...46#post4554246
                                I also did one to that song but I don't think it's the one you're talking about.

ETA: the links don't appear to work. I used to have it on my computer, but it must have gotten lost in my last upgrade. Anyone else? I'll keep looking.

ETA 2: YES I found it!
                                http://www.stargatecommunity.com/Bro...itemId=1737957
                                Let me know if the link doesn't work because the site was being a little weird for me.
                                Last edited by mcat; 09 March 2008, 09:52 AM.

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X