Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    OMG! I can SO picture John's face w/ "with my water pistol"... ala "I shot him -- in the leg"!!!
    Sparky + kids = ROCKS!
    I'm suddenly picturing a Pegasus Galaxy version of an old-fashioned Boy/Girl Scouts-style campout...

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Exactly what i'm saying. It's a fiction. it means we are free to think up any kind of ending we want for them and treat S4 like a big stinking bad AU.
    Heh, it's like I said once before... S4 is like a nightmare brought on by eating too many bean burritos at dinner.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I agree, and what's more, from the canon perspective, there isn't a clear answer. Just because the actress is not coming on now doesn't mean that the future won't be left wide open for Sheppard. Heck, they could leave him single until the end of the show and leave all fans without a set answer. SG-1 fans had 10 years of one ship waiting, and that wasn't even really answered save through a *hint hint wink wink* moment on the spin-off series. And many of the other ships people love had no answer in canon.

Plus, just cuz Torri's not on doesn't mean that JF won't give us something to work with. How many will watch to see whether he does is another discussion for another topic, but honestly, until the end of the series there will be no set answer. One ship my seem to dominate over another, but things change, ALWAYS, and you can never count out the future. And, again, that's just straight canon.

Great thing about shippers is they can heart their couple 'til the end of time. And just because canon writes in another couple doesn't mean you can't like yours. Shipping is about finding those moments with your favorite character/couple and loving those, not about 'winning out' in the end. Though of course it's a benefit, it's not the only thing you look for when you're a shipper. Shipping is loving a relationship in whatever form, and cherishing it. Even if things have changed canon-wise.
    Well said. There's only so much that's put into the script, and we've seen Torri and JoeF inject so much more into the characters than what's written. I'm sure JoeF's going to keep adding those subtle moments that will keep people wondering.

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
    What happened to Sparky Army fic 28th .
    Hmm... was wondering what happened to that, myself...

Re: "The Game"... I was left unimpressed with it. There were some good moments (I agree with Eri, the scene where Liz is scolding Zelenka and Lorne is a scream!), but for the most part... meh. Though, they did actually have the negotiations resume after John and Rodney pulled their "doomsday scenario"... Watch the final scene when they're playing chess; John asks Elizabeth how "it's" going, and she mentions that they're "taking a break" (from negotiations) but they're finally willing to try to make things work. So at least the writers didn't totally drop the ball on this... but they still could've handled it better than a throwaway line at the end.

Well, we know that we won't waste such opportunities. Sparky's safe with us. Long live fanfiction!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Dragging the thread back up to Page 1 with an update...

For those interested, the "Year of the Spark" story for Feb. 28 has now been posted to ff.net. It's a really cute one; check it out!

And I just got my SGA action figures! *squees* Sparky!action figures are even cuter in person!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It could have been written differently too. It could have been Elizabeth's idea that saved the day, but would the writers give that to her? No. Why? Because she's a secondary character, according to certain show producer. To her fans - and she has lots of fans - she was never a secondary character. She is and will always be the only leading lady of Stargate Atlantis, and nobody will ever fill her shoes.
        Now, I love Elizabeth to death, but it would have been totally out of character for her to come up with that plan. There's nothing about her that thinks outside the box—certainly not when it comes to negotiating. It's a Sheppard plan, through and through.

(BTW, I agree with you about the leadership issues, but I really don't think TPTB are trying to add Woolsey as a Elizabeth clone or even a good leader—he's not going to do well, and I'm positive they know it and chose him for that very reason.)

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
        ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
          lol yeah.. i get to start that feeling aswell
          LOL. i'm a bad influence on you lol

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
          well i'm off for the weekend then... hope you all have a nice time in the meantime *hugs the thread* see you on monday!!

oh and a lil walli before i go ...
          Thats great!

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post

I can just imagine Ronon as Mordred and Lorne as Lancelot *Coughs runs out quick*.

What happened to Sparky Army fic 28th .
          LOL! but who would be Merlin?... Cardwell.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! *runs out*
          Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
          Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Just dropping by to pimp the smutathon...

I completely forgot we had a 29th this year. So, if you've been waiting to sign up, if you think you're just too busy to be bothered but secretly want to write smut for not just closets. (you know you do)

You can still sign up! <a href="http://community.livejournal.com/notjustclosets/589.html?mode=reply">here</a> and get your own set of episodes in which to insert smut.

Assignments go out tomorrow! (possibly tonight at midnight) Happy writing!

Comment

Sparkers! i come bearning a vid spam

Run

Almost Here

By The Way

Caught In The Middle

Crush

I Saw her Standing There

Inner Smile

Miralce

I Want You Back

If Everyone Cared

Rest In Pieces (Sheppy/Lizzy/Mike)

She's Like The Wind

Take Me Away

i got a few more to uplaod but thats all i got on my profile page atm

Enjoy!

Comment

Was Lizzie mentioned at all in The Kindred part II? Also something I heard about the episode
                Spoiler:
                so Carson gets to be saved because he goes in stasis pod. WTF COULDN'T THEY DO THIS WITH ELIZABETH. Oh wait it's obvious they wanted her gone.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Haven't seen Kindred II yet, but have been reading spoilers on LJ (yeah, I'm such a spoiler wh0r3 )...

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Was Lizzie mentioned at all in The Kindred part II?
                  Spoiler:
                  From what I've read, yes.

Also something I heard about the episode
                  Spoiler:
                  so Carson gets to be saved because he goes in stasis pod. WTF COULDN'T THEY DO THIS WITH ELIZABETH. Oh wait it's obvious they wanted her gone.
                  Spoiler:
                  Heh. In an attempt to retcon that insane decision for our own nefarious purposes... *cough*fanfic*cough* Maybe her condition was just too unstable for a stasis pod to be a viable option? Maybe it would've taken too long for them to set up the pod by the time her condition started really going downhill?

ETA: Something else I just thought of... As I recall, the stasis pod in "Before I Sleep" was apparently a bit of an energy hog. And with them bleeding energy from the ZPM because of the damaged power conduits to the point that they had to shrink the city shield down to just the central tower, they might not have had the necessary power to run the pod. (And wasn't the pod originally located outside of the control tower, and thus outside of the shrunken shield?)

Damn TPTB. A pox on their houses.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 29 February 2008, 09:41 PM. Reason: adding another idea

Comment

I saw this link on lj and I thought I'd share. Someone is doing a survey on fanfiction, just thought you guys would be interesed.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...FSB7eTGw_3d_3d

I of course pimped sparky because that is the only fic I read.

EDIT: have you guys voted for sparky today.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50374&page=126
                    Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 29 February 2008, 11:16 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I saw this link on lj and I thought I'd share. Someone is doing a survey on fanfiction, just thought you guys would be interesed.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...FSB7eTGw_3d_3d

I of course pimped sparky because that is the only fic I read.

EDIT: have you guys voted for sparky today.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...50374&page=126
                      When they say Fandoms thats like Stargate atlantis, stargate sg-1 right? lol

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        When they say Fandoms thats like Stargate atlantis, stargate sg-1 right? lol
                        Yes.
                        sigpic

Comment

Was Lizzie mentioned at all in The Kindred part II? Also something I heard about the episode
                          Spoiler:
                          Don't you remember?

Spoiler:
                          It was their creative decision, in order to make the show better. From what I've heard it's a full blown soap right now.
                          Ah who cares about the canon, when we have sparky!

Are you looking forward to smuthaton, people? I am!! Cudos to Oparu for such an amazing idea!
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes.
                            Woot! thank god for that cus i finished it before you answered lol

Comment

Vote king and queen of Atlantis people! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=50374&page=33 ((hugs sparkies))
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

People! Go watch Torri in Save my soul !!!! Imagine Terra was John's guardian angel! OMG! (She'd tell him - hey! What you're waiting for?! Go and kiss that woman in red shirt senseless!)
                                That was so awesome!!!!
                                It would make a great idea for a fic!!! *hint hint*

Comment

Working...
                                X