Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    I've found it hard to watch, too. I just don't like the new dynamic. it's gone from having a closeness about it when it comes to the characters - and I mean all of them - to having it feel like Carter and Keller have been thrown in there and we're suddenly supposed to feel like they're best friends with the Atlantis crew.

Add to that the lack of Torri. I think Joe Flanigan's great, but he's at his best when working with David and Torri. One of them is missing, and the 'big two' isn't just the same as the 'big three'.
    It feels weird in the acting too. I'm not saying they act badly, but that there's no warmth in it like there was before. (if that makes sense) And I believe JF also said earlier in s4 that the mood is 'grave' on the set or sth to that effect. You can't just take away two members of a bonded family without impact and then expecting them to be cheery happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
      It feels weird in the acting too. I'm not saying they act badly, but that there's no warmth in it like there was before. (if that makes sense) And I believe JF also said earlier in s4 that the mood is 'grave' on the set or sth to that effect. You can't just take away two members of a bonded family without impact and then expecting them to be cheery happy.
      Really? Interesting. Well it would definitely be a different feel for them, since they're so used to having Torri and Paul around. Joe's said several times now that he misses them. He seems to be the only one willing to say it.

Comment

Nawwww

we miss Torri to Joe!
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I go to sleep and you guys go to work.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

<snipped for length>

Yeah, I think if anything, BAMSR was more
          Spoiler:
          Teyla/Ronon than Sheyla. She's clearly more comfortable confiding in Ronon about her personal life (with the exception of the pregnancy itself) than with John. It's just reinforcing what we've already seen of Teyla's discomfort about such matters with John, such as her squicking out over that kiss in "Conversion" and her nightmare about buggy!Shep in "Doppelganger."

And yeah, once John sees Lizzie in leather, it's game over.
          Doppelganger
          Spoiler:
          Knowing about Kanan explains Teyla's nightmare a bit. She doesn't want anyone to think she likes Shep. She got over that little crush when she fell in love with Kanan.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Ha I can feel the idea for a fic forming in my head. The one with Lorne! Good thing he's a painter. True love can't escape the eye of an artist. Awwwww!
          Where are we in the kiss list? A painting might encourage a kiss. Hmm?

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
          For some reason, Elizabeth's hair is always described as smelling of strawberries or peaches...what do you think? Does Atlantis stock that type of shampoo? Where does she do her shopping?

No, no, we could argue that post belongs here because...uh...it falls under the list of 'Why Elizabeth Loves Shep' and is therefore applicable to the discussion of their relationship, not merely gratuitous indulgence in fantasy by people with designs on his body.

Yes, I will be a great lawyer one day...
          Here's a bit of dry information, but there is a system called procurement which covers any services or products purchased by the US government. This covers the military also. A publication called Commerce Business Daily lists all the needs and businesses bid on the contracts. Of course, in their infinite wisdom, they take the lowest bid. Their toilet articles, including shampoo, would be obtained through this service. That's why it would probably be very generic and crappy not top quality. At this point though Elizabeth could have brought her favorite shampoo back from earth.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
          Really? Interesting. Well it would definitely be a different feel for them, since they're so used to having Torri and Paul around. Joe's said several times now that he misses them. He seems to be the only one willing to say it.
          Hey, you know as well as I do that Joe cannot be stifled.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning Sparkies. I am at work, which means lots of sparky time to sneak in *crosses fingers*

Students are all back today - parking was insane. Spring semester is suppose to be light. Bull. We have like 48000 students. It ain't light.

Didn't go back and re-read what's been said since last night yet. So, are we excited w/ the new news? I am optimistic (Aly - take note of that spelling )

I am working on my current submission to the sparky art challenge. It's fun!
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I go to sleep and you guys go to work.

Doppelganger
              Spoiler:
              Knowing about Kanan explains Teyla's nightmare a bit. She doesn't want anyone to think she likes Shep. She got over that little crush when she fell in love with Kanan.

Where are we in the kiss list? A painting might encourage a kiss. Hmm?

Here's a bit of dry information, but there is a system called procurement which covers any services or products purchased by the US government. This covers the military also. A publication called Commerce Business Daily lists all the needs and businesses bid on the contracts. Of course, in their infinite wisdom, they take the lowest bid. Their toilet articles, including shampoo, would be obtained through this service. That's why it would probably be very generic and crappy not top quality. At this point though Elizabeth could have brought her favorite shampoo back from earth.

Hey, you know as well as I do that Joe cannot be stifled.
              No sleeping!

I think Elizabeth being the leader of the expedition, got a couple of perks. Being able to bring her own regular shampoo would be one I'd think.
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                No sleeping!

I think Elizabeth being the leader of the expedition, got a couple of perks. Being able to bring her own regular shampoo would be one I'd think.
                Hey, I need my beauty sleep. See.
                Spoiler:

And about the shampoo, that was kind of a big backpack she had. I remember JF called her a "hearty mountain girl" in the commentary. Hee. Sometimes the cuteness in this show just gets the best of me.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey, I need my beauty sleep. See.
                  Spoiler:

And about the shampoo, that was kind of a big backpack she had. I remember JF called her a "hearty mountain girl" in the commentary. Hee. Sometimes the cuteness in this show just gets the best of me.
                  ROFL. Good one SR.

They are cute aren't they? That flirty scene "now who's spinning?" "well I guess I will say good night then" "that we can do" .. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sigh.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Yep, too cute. Where is everybody? Sparkies, come out come out.

sigpic

Comment

Yep, too cute. Where is everybody? Sparkies, come out come out.

Back to work. It is Kangaroo for K day!! WooHoo! Well not really exciting but it pays the bills and lets me color and play all day!

#58(?)Elizabeth and John are visiting a local settlement and John is sweet to a little girl who fell. Elizabeth impulsively gives him a kiss.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        Back to work. It is Kangaroo for K day!! WooHoo! Well not really exciting but it pays the bills and lets me color and play all day!

#58(?)Elizabeth and John are visiting a local settlement and John is sweet to a little girl who fell. Elizabeth impulsively gives him a kiss.
                        Oh I can so see him do something like that, and Elizabeth's reaction would be perfect!

#59 When John finds Elizabeth in the leather suit. He grabs a hold of her, and plants one on her.
                        sig made by me

Comment

Still recovering from yesterday shock, having succeeded in obtaining one of my most wanted SG1 props.

Along with the news, that looks highly probable that Torri could well be back next year. Just wish we knew, how many episodes.
                          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                            Still recovering from yesterday shock, having succeeded in obtaining one of my most wanted SG1 props.

Along with the news, that looks highly probable that Torri could well be back next year. Just wish we knew, how many episodes.
                            What did you get?

Yeah for the news about next season. I can't wait for it!! I am enjoying this season though. I know some of you aren't but there are many aspects of the show I enjoy.
                            sigpic

Comment

What did you get?

Yeah for the news about next season. I can't wait for it!! I am enjoying this season though. I know some of you aren't but there are many aspects of the show I enjoy.
                              I'm enjoying most of it too. I could never stop watching no matter how many times I have to cover my eyes and ears. LOL.

#60. Lorne paints a picture of John and Elizabeth on the balcony. They aren't looking at the view but at each other. When they see it, they instinctively mirror the pose in the painting and can't stop themselves from kissing.
                              sigpic

Comment

What did you get?

Might not be on top of everyone’s want list, but one of the Crystal Skull props from well The Crystal Skull episode (season three). One of my favourite episodes. 4 months wait though.

The only other piece I’d really like to find is the pendant from The Curse episode... anyone?.

I don't mind the idea for this season, but can't see why they couldn't use it and keep Torri full-time. Surely the could've spread it about it? Unless, they’ll show flashbacks how from; Weir being captured to leading group of replicators in season 5?
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X