Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    <snip> Will try to green you, that was very good. <snip>
    *blushes* thank you (i'm not really that good with the captions!)

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
    <snip> Oh, and because I couldn't wait till someone made a vid I made a wp instead.
    Spoilers for size and content

love the wallpaper!!
    sigpicsig by me!

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
      Oh, and because I couldn't wait till someone made a vid I made a wp instead.
      Spoilers for size and content

Nice! I love how you blended different sparky pics together.

Always close by.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Celcool/bscap0771.jpg
        Always close by.
        Great picture! One could say he's always behind Weir, supporting her!

Comment

Thanks guys.... and yes you could say that John is always behind Lizzie, supporting her.
          sigpic
          Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
          |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Like a good little CO

I think they both support each other a lot. I think John definitely feels quite protective of Elizabeth now. And he always backs her up when it comes to decisions, like in Misbegotten...Or anytime the military has got involved he has always supported her and made them listen to her. And Elizabeth has done the same for John, which we saw in Intruder.

I think in Atlantis they have all become so close that if anyone new comes in, particularly someone who threatens the authority of Elizabeth and/or John, then everyone gets a little defensive and a little bit more closer knit. I think that's the effect Caldwell had to start with. He came into the picture and I actually think at the start this pushed Sparky closer together.
            I think Caldwell has proved his worth as part of the Atlantis family now though

I think that will prove interesting in season 4
            Spoiler:
            with Carter coming over. I think they'll be that same defensiveness there. They obviously will trust her, but she isn't part of their family and she'll have to prove her worth. I think it will only push our little family closer together and particularly I think we will see reluctance to change from John...and Rodney as well. I like to think we'll see them gunning for Elizabeth for a little while, just like Elizabeth did for John in Conversion. Carter is only keeping her seat warm until she is fit to retake control

Woot! Sorry. I felt like rambling

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
            ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Glad my post made you delurk.

So far only David Hewlett, Amanda Tapping and Joseph Malozzi are confirmed to be present. There's a chance Joe comes as well but it hasn't been confirmed. Isn't it sad? I look at the SGA guest list and I'm thinking, what's left of Atlantis? Everybody but Jason was there last year. And this year, only Hewlett of the original cast will be there as it seems.
              Thanks for the info.... looked around in the Website for Comic Con, and I wasn't able to find the guest list for Atlantis, It is kinda sad Joe and Torri won't be there...

Anyway, for all you amazing Sparky vid makers, there is a song called Something to Talk About by Bonnie Rait. I thought this song is sooooo Sparky related, can anybody make a vid out of it?
              sigpic

Great Chemistry Starts with Great Sparks

Comment

Originally posted by SazZat View Post
                Spoiler:
                with Carter coming over. I think they'll be that same defensiveness there. They obviously will trust her, but she isn't part of their family and she'll have to prove her worth. I think it will only push our little family closer together and particularly I think we will see reluctance to change from John...and Rodney as well. I like to think we'll see them gunning for Elizabeth for a little while, just like Elizabeth did for John in Conversion. Carter is only keeping her seat warm until she is fit to retake control

I agree with everything you've said. Just like Jack and the rest of SG-1 was wary of Elizabeth when she was put in charge of the SGC ("Who are you and what are you doing here?"), I think John and the expedition will be wary of any other leadership, whether civilian or military...

Spoiler:
                ...like Carter. It's a natural reaction in any situation, more so when you've faced such dangers together and come out alive. You're much closer than when you started out. I hope they really address the reactions of the Atlantis expedition to this change in power.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Spoiler:

May I add on some more rambling???? he he he he... for season four

Spoiler:
                  It will also be interesting to see if the same chemistry would exist in the Carter-John-Rodney dynamic. I always think that the Weir-John-Rodney triumvirate is what makes Atlantis going, and when you see these three interact on screen, it really holds up my interest to keep watching and know what they will say or do next. Carter knew Elizabeth and Rodney, and she met John briefly in Atlantis, so Carter hardly knows the people in her new command. She willl definitely have a lot on her plate and a lot of work to do. And it frees up Elizabeth as John's boss, so I can't shake the idea that with the you-boss-me-errand-boy thing gone, maybe their relationship can go one step further (if TPTB allows it).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sukiyaki View Post

Spoiler:
                    It will also be interesting to see if the same chemistry would exist in the Carter-John-Rodney dynamic. I always think that the Weir-John-Rodney triumvirate is what makes Atlantis going, and when you see these three interact on screen, it really holds up my interest to keep watching and know what they will say or do next. Carter knew Elizabeth and Rodney, and she met John briefly in Atlantis, so Carter hardly knows the people in her new command. She willl definitely have a lot on her plate and a lot of work to do. And it frees up Elizabeth as John's boss, so I can't shake the idea that with the you-boss-me-errand-boy thing gone, maybe their relationship can go one step further (if TPTB allows it).
                    We can only hope. [crosses fingers]

Dear God, PLEASE!! Amen.

Comment

***crosses fingers, too***

Amen... now that we know Sparky is scripted....
                      sigpic

Comment

Much better chance of seeing some firm canon J/E moments. I mean, more of them...

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                          Much better chance of seeing some firm canon J/E moments. I mean, more of them...
                          Like that teaser for Season Four, the one where
                          Spoiler:
                          John yells Elizaaaabeth!!!!... wadda heck is goin' on? But anyway, I also wonder if John would be butting heads with Carter the same way when he butted heads with Elizabeth in the first season. I mean, Carter is his superior officer, and somehow I don't like the idea of John's character changing. Would he be more subservient to her orders? It's one of the things that I would miss the most when Elizabeth becomes a recurring character. With Elizabeth and John, to me, it is a shared leadership. With Elizabeth gone, would it be the same with Carter?

Thoughts, anyone?
                          sigpic

Comment

Like a good little CO

I think they both support each other a lot. I think John definitely feels quite protective of Elizabeth now. And he always backs her up when it comes to decisions, like in Misbegotten...Or anytime the military has got involved he has always supported her and made them listen to her. And Elizabeth has done the same for John, which we saw in Intruder.

I think in Atlantis they have all become so close that if anyone new comes in, particularly someone who threatens the authority of Elizabeth and/or John, then everyone gets a little defensive and a little bit more closer knit. I think that's the effect Caldwell had to start with. He came into the picture and I actually think at the start this pushed Sparky closer together.
                            I think Caldwell has proved his worth as part of the Atlantis family now though

Spoiler:

I agree plus I heart your sig.

Thanks for the info.... looked around in the Website for Comic Con, and I wasn't able to find the guest list for Atlantis, It is kinda sad Joe and Torri won't be there...

Anyway, for all you amazing Sparky vid makers, there is a song called Something to Talk About by Bonnie Rait. I thought this song is sooooo Sparky related, can anybody make a vid out of it?
                            Ladybozi already made a sparky vid to that song. I agree, it fits our sparky very much. I've uploaded it for you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/njzdii

Spoiler:
                            My humble opinion is that nothing could beat the amazing chemistry between Weir, Shep and Mckay.

Spoiler:
                            John yells Elizaaaabeth!!!!... wadda heck is goin' on? But anyway, I also wonder if John would be butting heads with Carter the same way when he butted heads with Elizabeth in the first season. I mean, Carter is his superior officer, and somehow I don't like the idea of John's character changing. Would he be more subservient to her orders? It's one of the things that I would miss the most when Elizabeth becomes a recurring character. With Elizabeth and John, to me, it is a shared leadership. With Elizabeth gone, would it be the same with Carter?

Thoughts, anyone?
                            Spoiler:
                            hehe I can't imagine John ever having a similar relationship to Carter as he had to Elizabeth. For one, he'll have to call her commander Carter or something, I don't think he will ever call her Samantha. Things will probably be more awkward between them, especially at first. I think they won't have that familiarity, that deep understanding, closeness ever as John and Elizabeth have.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Spoiler:

Thoughts, anyone?

I think he won't dare to be as obstreperous as he was for example with Elizabeth in "Hot Zone"...

Spoiler:
                              ...simply because Carter IS military and they are also no longer cut of from earth.

And I like to think that he has grown up a bit since season 1

Spoiler:
                              Although I keep my fingers crossed for a "But Elizabeth would have done this differently"-moment.

On a different matter: How many times can you read a stupid text and still find mistakes? *goesberserk* I could have sworn that I fixed some of the errors at least a week ago.

*angry*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Hee. Amen and hallelujah.

Spoiler:

Thoughts, anyone?
                                Thoughts on S4.
                                Spoiler:
                                The whole military chain of command thing will make a huge difference. John has to say "ma'am" to Carter, as he has to say "sir" to Caldwell, Ellis, or any other officer who outranks him. He is supposed to stand at least at ease if not at attention when in her office until she dismisses him. If he makes a contrary or personal remark, he has to say "begging your pardon, ma'am" or " with all due respect". Off duty they could become friends, but it's unlikely they'll get on a first name basis anytime soon. That is if TPTB plan to follow military protocol. And we all know how fuzzy the chain of command can be on Atlantis.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X