Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I'm here, just got on after a few hours hiatus.

Sparky really is all over the place. Since I watched Atlantis sorta backwards, my first taste of Sparky was "The Eye/The Storm" and that will forever be my favorites, I think, save the end of "The Real World". But I love Echoes for the interactions, and Submersion for the "you're with me, or I'm with you"/"either way or eye-ther way" sequence--and the actual them walking together in a dark hall.

But even the 'not so great' episodes of SGA have some Sparky--they recently re-aired "Irresistable", and as I was going through it on my DVR, I had to stop at all the scenes were John addresses 'smitten' Liz directly. Even though both Teyla and Weir were under the influence of the drug, all the scenes with John getting really irritated are about Elizabeth. Watching his face as Elizabeth paws Lucius is really very funny. And despite being under Lucius's influence, I noticed Elizabeth always defends John when Lucius gets suspicious of him.

As for the sexual tension--I have a feeling its more of the same in BAMSR--that feeling of betrayal by a close friend more than a actual flirting tension. John's weeks keep going from bad to worse.
    That just made me want to rewatch it. So tonight I will. For Sparky I will suffer

Alright everyone, bye for a bit. Gotta feed the kiddos ... they're back from their bike ride. It was so nice & quiet!
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      A resounding YES.
      TRW is definitely one of the shippiest ones. But even if you don't look at it from that angle, it shows how much the two characters rely on each other, and have come to depend on the other being around.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        TRW is definitely one of the shippiest ones. But even if you don't look at it from that angle, it shows how much the two characters rely on each other, and have come to depend on the other being around.
        One last post before I go ... I agree. Even if shipping is not your cup of tea, there is just no denying how much they've connected. Same can't be said for others, if information weren't shared ...

Runs out before I get into trouble.
        sig made by me

Comment

Fic question: I read a story a few years back, which had Shep/Weir married with twins, Ford and Teyla also married... don't worry. It's not a soap, it had a really good twist at the end.

I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, or who wrote it. Does anyone know???

Comment

If you look at John's big episode in s3, Common Ground, Elizabeth also has a huge part in it. If it's John or Elizabeth's episode the other one is almost always featured prominently. You just can't have John without Elizabeth, it's just wrong.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'm here, just got on after a few hours hiatus.

Sparky really is all over the place. Since I watched Atlantis sorta backwards, my first taste of Sparky was "The Eye/The Storm" and that will forever be my favorites, I think, save the end of "The Real World". But I love Echoes for the interactions, and Submersion for the "you're with me, or I'm with you"/"either way or eye-ther way" sequence--and the actual them walking together in a dark hall.

But even the 'not so great' episodes of SGA have some Sparky--they recently re-aired "Irresistable", and as I was going through it on my DVR, I had to stop at all the scenes were John addresses 'smitten' Liz directly. Even though both Teyla and Weir were under the influence of the drug, all the scenes with John getting really irritated are about Elizabeth. Watching his face as Elizabeth paws Lucius is really very funny. And despite being under Lucius's influence, I noticed Elizabeth always defends John when Lucius gets suspicious of him.

As for the sexual tension--I have a feeling its more of the same in BAMSR--that feeling of betrayal by a close friend more than a actual flirting tension. John's weeks keep going from bad to worse.
              Sparky is everywhere, it's like ummm....

I would say we got more jealousy from John in Irresistible than in BAMSR. OMG I loved John watching Elizabeth flirt with Lucias and then the camera slowly pan around and John is drumming his fingers with a look that says, I'm going to kill this dude. LOL. Then the whole Elizabeth is cooking me dinner scene, I laughed. Poor John.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3937946/13/A_Moment_in_Time

Chapter 13 added - A Moment in Time.
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post

I would say we got more jealousy from John in Irresistible than in BAMSR. OMG I loved John watching Elizabeth flirt with Lucias and then the camera slowly pan around and John is drumming his fingers with a look that says, I'm going to kill this dude. LOL. Then the whole Elizabeth is cooking me dinner scene, I laughed. Poor John.
                  THAT I'd forgotten about and it was absolutely hilarious, his face! I seriously thought he was going to deck Lucius.

If you look at John's big episode in s3, Common Ground, Elizabeth also has a huge part in it. If it's John or Elizabeth's episode the other one is almost always featured prominently. You just can't have John without Elizabeth, it's just wrong.
                  So true. Common Ground is one of my faves, and the only thing that keeps it from being one of my top 5 is that they ended it without a John/Elizabeth reunion scene. I suppose his saying goodbye to Todd was appropriate, but I still would have liked him to have a balcony scene w/Elizabeth.

But I've always appreciated Kolya as an enemy because he knew about John and Elizabeth from the start. His face in "The Eye", right after he tells Sheppard Elizabeth's alive, and Sheppard goes "I want to speak with her"--he does this little side look that's like "Hrm. Obviously this guy loves her."

And in "Irresponsible", when he's got Sheppard and team captive again, and (I think it's) John who tells him he won't get anything from Atlantis, Kolya's like "I won't test Doctor Weir again."

Kolya knew what was going on. Leave it to the villains to have the most insight.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yep, and it's why my interest in season 4 has been only related to her episodes. I don't understand how TPTB can't see which of the actors have chemistry.. can't for the life of me.

Comment

The flirting started happening after they knew each other, like the next episode.

This is when I saw sparky and decided hey I could get used to this show.
                      Ummm smitten means he loved Elizabeth. I just find it extremely funny that it's John who is smitten, I love that.
                      Proof of John smitten with Elizabeth.
                      The exact same looks by John, he only looks that way at Liz. Beautiful pics!

That would be very soap opera like. And very wrong. Who goes pining after someone who's knocked up by someone else, who she's done the whole "I will find him" over??? That's just wrong!
                      Exactly.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      Ah TRL -- when he's INSIDE her bedroom in her dreams. "What do you want" -
                      Dirty

*remember John popping out of her bed*
                      That's exactly what I wanted to say. I never thought of that scene in that way. Well, from now on I will.

Those two episodes were the first ones I watched after a friend made me check out Atlantis. Man, I saw that connection right away, how they relied on each other in each of these episodes. In TRW it was John there for Liz and in CG, it was Liz worrying about him and doing everything in her power to save him. Those two eps are still one of my very faves ever of SGA. That was some good Atlantis with good and lots of sparky interaction.

John:"What!?" So funny! And Mckay in the same scene, trying to walk on hands. ROTFLMAO

THAT I'd forgotten about and it was absolutely hilarious, his face! I seriously thought he was going to deck Lucius.

So true. Common Ground is one of my faves, and the only thing that keeps it from being one of my top 5 is that they ended it without a John/Elizabeth reunion scene. I suppose his saying goodbye to Todd was appropriate, but I still would have liked him to have a balcony scene w/Elizabeth.

But I've always appreciated Kolya as an enemy because he knew about John and Elizabeth from the start. His face in "The Eye", right after he tells Sheppard Elizabeth's alive, and Sheppard goes "I want to speak with her"--he does this little side look that's like "Hrm. Obviously this guy loves her."

And in "Irresponsible", when he's got Sheppard and team captive again, and (I think it's) John who tells him he won't get anything from Atlantis, Kolya's like "I won't test Doctor Weir again."

Kolya knew what was going on. Leave it to the villains to have the most insight.
                      That was missing somehow, yes... this episode would feel more complete if it ended with a Liz and John scene.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

The balcony scenes are the best. The use of Carter in balcony scenes has been awkward. Just not right.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

There are a lot a unmentionables, but RPF is #1 to me. If anybody here knows who writes the Torri/Joe stuff, please ask them politely to stop or at least stop putting it on the SGA Newsletter. It's beyond disgusting and some people might think we actually endorse that here.
                          RPF grosses me out. Seriously. From what I've heard, it always focuses on Joe, and always has either Torri or David as a homewrecker, depending on whether the writer wants him to be straight or gay.

Just. So. Wrong.

I really wonder if these people know the difference between the character and the actor. I always hope that Joe's wife never comes across any of that crap.

Comment

Yep, and it's why my interest in season 4 has been only related to her episodes. I don't understand how TPTB can't see which of the actors have chemistry.. can't for the life of me.
                            Count me among those baffled as well.

The balcony scenes are the best. The use of Carter in balcony scenes has been awkward. Just not right.
                            Liz and John own the balcony! Ditto on the bolded part. I made sure that there was no trace of Carter left when I cut out the scene of John saying "I'll find her" from Lifeline for my sparky s4 scenes collection.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Just came from Joe Mallozzi's blog, and dah dah!:

promogirl writes: “ 2) Will we see a resolution (or continuation) to the Weir storyline in season 5?”

Martin: ... Weir’s storyline will be revisited in season 5.
                              and

grapesofwraith writes: “Question about Wier though (For Joe or Marty)- do you have a definite plan of what her ongoing role is going to be, or does this just leave the door open for if the right opportunity presents itself?”

Martin: We have a definite plan. Please tune into Season 5 for more.
                              I'm not going to start jumping up and down until we hear more details (such as Torri's returning in Season 5--but he mentions a number of times that the storyline will return. I'm 90% assuming that means Torri.

And for kicks:

Leliana writes: ...Why the leather on Elizabeth? That didn’t look very replicatorish…

I personally am not a fan of how the Replicators look. I wanted something different for Weir. Torri loved the jacket.
                              Yay Sparky!
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Just came from Joe Mallozzi's blog, and dah dah!:
                                and

I'm not going to start jumping up and down until we hear more details (such as Torri's returning in Season 5--but he mentions a number of times that the storyline will return. I'm 90% assuming that means Torri.

And for kicks:

Yay Sparky!
                                OMG! *kisses you* That is good news -- I must take it as such!
                                p.s. dang won't let me green you right now --- so Mental Green!
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X