No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's time to pimp the J/E fanlisting in this thread again... we're coming close to 500 members now, so go help 'em get that award if you haven't joined already!

Comment

I've decided that for S4, I'm not bothered if John and Elizabeth form an actual relationship; I'd just like to see a firm acknowledgment that they do have feelings for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
        I've decided that for S4, I'm not bothered if John and Elizabeth form an actual relationship; I'd just like to see a firm acknowledgment that they do have feelings for each other.
        Me too. In fact, I'd like to see more than passing hints that ALL of the characters have feelings - a bit like when John says he'd do anything for them but more... warm, I guess. Less professional dedication and more "they're my friends. we spend time together and have these beats and rhythms. that's why I'd do anything for them. because I care on a personal level."

TPTB need to realise that affirming personal relationships like JE makes us care more about the characters, not less. And it doesn't have to be explicitly 'shippy, we are all capable of reading between the lines

kay x

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
          See...even SGA novel writers know how things should be done. It's published fan-fiction basivally....and I find that most novels based on a series are more true to the characters than TPTB are sometimes....^_^ I'm going to have to get my hands on that one- after I read like the million books that I got for Christmas.....
          The characterization in this one is fantastic. I can't say enough good things about it! Not only that, all of the characters get a fair share of the spotlight, even Weir, Carson, and Teyla.

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
          So Exogenesis... I have to buy it!

*cries* *sobs* It's unavailable at Amazon.fr.... No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't even know if I can order it at my bookstore!
          You may be able to buy directly from the publisher at StargateNovels.com.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

For all those who have found their love for Sparky is dwindling, go watch THIS VID by butterfly_1968. (It's got spoilers up to 3x12: Echoes)

5 minutes full of intense Sparky moments. If this doesn't invigorate you, I don't know what will, lol.

*gleeeee* That vid is awesome, it has all those really heart warming S/W moments, and not even the small ones, just the big "in your face" ones, just what I needed to watch before I go to bed, put a smile on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
              There are just too many songs that would be great Sparky vids. I'm sure I have about 10 songs I want to make vids to. Unfortunately, right now I don't even have enough time to breathe let alone make vids. Maybe this long hiatus will give me a chance to work on them though. Here's hoping.

Anyways since Season 3 just ended for Canada. I, personally, still thinking "Siege II" is my favorite. Something about the way the look at each other in 39:30 that is heart-wrenching.

I agree- best cliff hanger thus far, that moment is heart wrenching....

...*sigh*....I miss SGA already....and I want season 4 soon so I can quite worrying bout what's going to happen...
              sigpic
              Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
              |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                Spoiler for size...Meh...I watched Sinbad...and I shipper Sinbad and Maeve- but I liked Sinbad and Bryn alot better- something about the two of them being semi-connected through the bracelets.....not to mention how she helps him get over Maeve...
                We'll agree to disagree on this as well as Daniel/Vala (though that one could concievably be up for debate).

But see? that's the great thing! We can disagree on some ships but agree on others and therefore Ship Wars make no sense! And yet we all get dragged in at one point or another. Oh how fickle we mere humans are.

AL

Comment

For all those who have found their love for Sparky is dwindling, go watch THIS VID by butterfly_1968. (It's got spoilers up to 3x12: Echoes)

5 minutes full of intense Sparky moments. If this doesn't invigorate you, I don't know what will, lol.
                  Loved it great vid. I haven't lost the faith I believe we will get our ship we just need to be patient.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

First Strike gets two thumbs up from me. And since I've been absent of late and not very zen when I am here you know that's sayingsomething. For those who've cut ties, come back for now. Give it a shot. I'm still nervous about season 4 but this definitely helped.

AL

Comment

for some reason first strike annyoyed me but i liked it at the same time.. jsut weird.. if i ramble about it i wont stop
                      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*sheyla shippers sneaks in*

*leaves not-small shweir manip in spoiler cut*

Spoiler:

I was never here.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post

Spoiler:
                          http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/HyperCaz/shweir.jpg

I was never here.
                          Love it! Green you for that!

@xfkirsten: thanks, I think I've found it on another website!

Comment

Spoiler:

I was never here.
                            Who sent that?

Brilliant! Thanks for that... mysterious stranger...
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Spoiler:

I was never here.
                              green for you hyper i love sparky manips!
                              Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                              Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                                Me too. In fact, I'd like to see more than passing hints that ALL of the characters have feelings - a bit like when John says he'd do anything for them but more... warm, I guess. Less professional dedication and more "they're my friends. we spend time together and have these beats and rhythms. that's why I'd do anything for them. because I care on a personal level."
                                Well after S3, I feel battered with their friendship. But in a good way, lol. It's been lovely to see that interaction between them all.

I don't know if you've ever watched SG1, but I was talking more along the lines of an 'I care about her. A lot more than I should' type of affirmation.

Originally posted by Kales
                                TPTB need to realise that affirming personal relationships like JE makes us care more about the characters, not less. And it doesn't have to be explicitly 'shippy, we are all capable of reading between the lines
                                That's very true. Anything that gives adds and shows depth to a character is going help fans become more invested in that character.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                *gleeeee* That vid is awesome, it has all those really heart warming S/W moments, and not even the small ones, just the big "in your face" ones, just what I needed to watch before I go to bed, put a smile on my face.
                                ...and yet I had forgotten about so many - like Elizabeth's face in CG.

I was going to have a S1 marathon (probably still will after I've finished S8 of SG1...and S6 - current of CSI:LV, lol) but now I'm really looking forward to having a S2 marathon!

Comment

Working...
                                X