Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf View Post
    Hey everyone, it's been a long time. I just made a new Sparky vid. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FmuQoINPvQ
    It's a great vid- at least the first 2:57 is....You tube stops it after that.....GRRRRR.....is there anywhere else I can get the vid from?
    sigpic
    Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
    |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

So i'm branching out and rec'ing a couple of vids. First is Beauty and the Beast, lovely collecation of clips from Season 1 and a few from season two (most notibly, Conversion). Made me want to go squish someone....like FP, she reminds me of Mrs. Potts. *squishes FP*

Second is L.O.V.E . Cute, more upbeat and just...cute! Got that old-time swing feel to it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
        It's a great vid- at least the first 2:57 is....You tube stops it after that.....GRRRRR.....is there anywhere else I can get the vid from?
        Sadly no. Maybe later it would work properly.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Bee View Post
          hey there
          from the s/j shipper thread
          not a HUGE atlantis watcher
          but just saying- i definitely see the ship with these two, absolutely!
          just from the eps i have seen, its not hard to miss

Peace, Bee
          Welcome to the thread Queen_Bee! So you didn't need shipper glasses, huh?

Originally posted by Ebony Wolf View Post
          Hey everyone, it's been a long time. I just made a new Sparky vid. Enjoy!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FmuQoINPvQ
          Really enjoyed it Ebony Wolf. Made me realise how Sparky most of the episode was. When the spoilers said "emotional support from Col. Sheppard" I really thought it would be just one or two scenes enquiring on her comatose state before he goes off for a sandwich or mission. Exceeded my expectations by heaps.
          I've been begging asking in the Torri/Weir thread if anybody wants to make a vid with Maneater by Nelly Furtado. Most of you great vid makers play here, so I'm requesting again. (Yes, I know I have no pride.) I'm slightly obsessed with that song for some weird reason. Theoretically Weir but if it becomes Sparky I won't complain.

Anjirika
          ? Keep up with the fic. Am enjoying it.

*Elbows SallyLizzie out of the way with vid rec*.
          Forever and For Always. By Sparky4ever. Very sweet.

Who else thinks this six month hiatus sucks?
          Last edited by Ronnikins; 12 November 2006, 11:19 PM.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

stargate atlantis season 2 starts in 3 nights time! yes! siege 3 here i come! finally get to see the damn hug! yay! just thought id share
            three's a crowd...
            ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
            And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
              I would've thought the boots would be the last thing he'd care about removing

I know a rather non-PG reply to that, but I don't think I should say it here...

Originally posted by Queen_Bee View Post
              hey there
              from the s/j shipper thread
              not a HUGE atlantis watcher
              but just saying- i definitely see the ship with these two, absolutely!
              just from the eps i have seen, its not hard to miss

Peace, Bee

Welcome!

Comment

All this talk of 'Conversion' has reminded me of someone I met at the Rachell Lutrell con I went to 2 weeks ago. The organisers were showing 'Conversion' while we had a break for lunch, and I happened to come back into the auditorium from the dealer's room just before the part where
                Spoiler:
                John smashed the wall in Elizabeth's office.
                I gave a mini squee and told my friends that this was such a shippy ep. At the time my friend was having an argument with another girl about exactly when John
                Spoiler:
                smashed the glass.
                (the girl said it was before that moment).

Anyway, when I commented that 'Conversion' was shippy, the girl said it depended on who you shipped for. I told her Sparky, or Shep/Weir as she didn't get the term at first. She pulled a face and shook her head, and I immediately thought that she was a Sheyla (no, I am not Sheyla-bashing, that was just an observation.) I didn't get a chance to confirm it though.

I meant to say something here, but forgot about it; until yesterday, when I met her again at a regular fSf meeting (fSf were the con organisers). She couldn't remember names from the con, but she regonised me as the "Shweir person" (she's obviously not a Sparky shipper at least). I meantioned that to her, and she explained her reaction at the con.

She just didn't think 'Conversion' was a very Sparky shippy episode. She didn't like the way it made Elizabeth all upset and worried about John... especially the scene where Elizabeth went into John's room and closed the door behind her separating her from the guards. I pointed out that it showed that she trusted him. Her reply: "There's trust, and there's stupidity."

I conceded the point. While I don't necessarily agree, there is a certain validity to that argument. What do you think?

And to make up for the length of this post, here's a little wallpaper I've made recently:

The scratches on the "photo" are meant to signify age rather than vandalism. Enjoy.

Comment

Pocus what have you done to my muse? Instead of subverting her to the Sparky cause, you're pushing her away - I made a Weir/Cadman wallpaper last night!

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong View Post

*snippy*

She just didn't think 'Conversion' was a very Sparky shippy episode. She didn't like the way it made Elizabeth all upset and worried about John... especially the scene where Elizabeth went into John's room and closed the door behind her separating her from the guards. I pointed out that it showed that she trusted him. Her reply: "There's trust, and there's stupidity."

I conceded the point. While I don't necessarily agree, there is a certain validity to that argument. What do you think?

I disagree with that argument...
                    Spoiler:
                    What Elizabeth did in "Conversion" was trust. She was really the only one willing to risk her life to see John to keep him up-to-date with the progress his team was making. In fact, she was the only one who was still treating him as a human and not some animal or a lost cause. Sheppard's other teammates and everyone else feared him because of what he was turning into. They never said as much, but they stayed away. Just that action alone convinced me that they didn't believe had enough control over the change to not hurt them. Also it's not like Elizabeth prevented them from going to see John.

I don't think she was stupid for going in to see John in his room several times. You can tell she was afraid to go in. Just look at her eyes when she walks in the second time to tell him the bad news. I'm not saying she was completely afraid, but it was a mix of fear and sadness because the were going to lose him. I think Elizabeth went into John's room when she knew he was rapidly changing because she owed it to John to tell him in person that they failed to save him. In addition, John was a close friend as she had admitted to Caldwell, and how many times has John saved everyone's life? Just leaving your town hero to die alone because he was unfortunate to be bit by an alien is sad.

Call it stupidty. Call it trust. Elizabeth was doing what she had to do for someone she considered a close friend.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins View Post
                      Really enjoyed it Ebony Wolf. Made me realise how Sparky most of the episode was. When the spoilers said "emotional support from Col. Sheppard" I really thought it would be just one or two scenes enquiring on her comatose state before he goes off for a sandwich or mission. Exceeded my expectations by heaps.
                      I've been begging asking in the Torri/Weir thread if anybody wants to make a vid with Maneater by Nelly Furtado. Most of you great vid makers play here, so I'm requesting again. (Yes, I know I have no pride.) I'm slightly obsessed with that song for some weird reason. Theoretically Weir but if it becomes Sparky I won't complain.
                      I'm glad you like it! The Real World has to be one of the most Sparky episode there is.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

All this talk of 'Conversion' has reminded me of someone I met at the Rachell Lutrell con I went to 2 weeks ago. The organisers were showing 'Conversion' while we had a break for lunch, and I happened to come back into the auditorium from the dealer's room just before the part where
                        Spoiler:
                        John smashed the wall in Elizabeth's office.
                        I gave a mini squee and told my friends that this was such a shippy ep. At the time my friend was having an argument with another girl about exactly when John
                        Spoiler:
                        smashed the glass.
                        (the girl said it was before that moment).

Anyway, when I commented that 'Conversion' was shippy, the girl said it depended on who you shipped for. I told her Sparky, or Shep/Weir as she didn't get the term at first. She pulled a face and shook her head, and I immediately thought that she was a Sheyla (no, I am not Sheyla-bashing, that was just an observation.) I didn't get a chance to confirm it though.

I meant to say something here, but forgot about it; until yesterday, when I met her again at a regular fSf meeting (fSf were the con organisers). She couldn't remember names from the con, but she regonised me as the "Shweir person" (she's obviously not a Sparky shipper at least). I meantioned that to her, and she explained her reaction at the con.

And to make up for the length of this post, here's a little wallpaper I've made recently:

The scratches on the "photo" are meant to signify age rather than vandalism. Enjoy.

Interesting!

Trust and stupidity often coincide, similar to the relationship between brinlliance and insanity (according to Captain Jack Sparrow). That was my take. Yes, she was trusting him, but that doesn't make it safe for her own well-being.

Thank goodness she did take that course of action though. I think that is what gave him the confidence that ultimately brought him out of his little "darkside" kick.

Love the puzzle pieces background, very cool! *Thumbs up*
                        My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                          Pocus what have you done to my muse? Instead of subverting her to the Sparky cause, you're pushing her away - I made a Weir/Cadman wallpaper last night!

Not sure how I managed to do that, but oh well. I guess I must make up for it by doing a Sparky picspam

J: Do you think that was enough to get Trialia back to us?
                          E: I hope so. If not, then we might have to break out the harder stuff!
                          J: I'll go get the lip balm ready.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt View Post
                            I disagree with that argument...
                            Spoiler:
                            What Elizabeth did in "Conversion" was trust. She was really the only one willing to risk her life to see John to keep him up-to-date with the progress his team was making. In fact, she was the only one who was still treating him as a human and not some animal or a lost cause. Sheppard's other teammates and everyone else feared him because of what he was turning into. They never said as much, but they stayed away. Just that action alone convinced me that they didn't believe had enough control over the change to not hurt them. Also it's not like Elizabeth prevented them from going to see John.

I don't think she was stupid for going in to see John in his room several times. You can tell she was afraid to go in. Just look at her eyes when she walks in the second time to tell him the bad news. I'm not saying she was completely afraid, but it was a mix of fear and sadness because the were going to lose him. I think Elizabeth went into John's room when she knew he was rapidly changing because she owed it to John to tell him in person that they failed to save him. In addition, John was a close friend as she had admitted to Caldwell, and how many times has John saved everyone's life? Just leaving your town hero to die alone because he was unfortunate to be bit by an alien is sad.

Call it stupidty. Call it trust. Elizabeth was doing what she had to do for someone she considered a close friend.
                            I agree.....its just like what happened in the real world. Exactly the same.
                            sigpic
                            Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                            |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

I come offering a third perspective...
                              I call it overwhelming concern. It's the same kind of concern that a close friend or an anxious parent might have. I think the parents on this thread know what I'm talking about... sitting up with sick kids... all nighters... vomitous messes on beds... things you would never do for anyone else.

In a sense your acquaintance is right... there's nothing sexual about it. But it's down to earth, blood and guts stuff and it's probably motivated by the best kind of love.
                              sigpic
                              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

^ What Easter Lily said. ^
                                My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X