Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa
    Characters have to interact for there to actually be a relationships. The only characters Shep interacts with on a regular basis are Elizabeth and Rodney. The three are the backbone of the show. For me, while the dynamic stays the same between these three, things will be fine.

I can live without our ship being obvious to all, but I think that to go with other pairings would be bad. Flanigan's best moments are with Torri and Hewlett. Simple as that. The three of them have amazing chemistry, and no amount of trying to have chemistry will top that.
    Very good point Aly about the disruption and the flow of the series. It would toss a real kink into the formula-which may be what they're trying to do. Someone mentioned above that they wanted to 'shake up things' and that's fine and well temporarily but the heartbeat of a show will-and always should-be traced back to the heart of it and folks, the heart of SGA is the two leaders and what they've built together-on various levels.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      Characters have to interact for there to actually be a relationships. The only characters Shep interacts with on a regular basis are Elizabeth and Rodney. The three are the backbone of the show. For me, while the dynamic stays the same between these three, things will be fine.

I can live without our ship being obvious to all, but I think that to go with other pairings would be bad. Flanigan's best moments are with Torri and Hewlett. Simple as that. The three of them have amazing chemistry, and no amount of trying to have chemistry will top that.
      Agreed!

And to stop this being a one-liner post, here's my latest wallpaper:

I've been experiementing with the brushes my sister gave me with the Photoshop Elements. Hope you like.

Comment

very beautiful wallpaper, realy!!

Comment

Hiii

first to the question if I would still watch SGA. I think I would...but I don't think that they'll make any ship here go too much serious in this and the next season, cuz some would stop watching. Me myself I only want a ship become serious at the last episode of a Tv-Show...that keeps the interest to the people

second... I finally have High-Speed internet *yay* so I could upload my very fist Music Vid... of course it is Sparky

Title: "Out of Reach"
          Music by: Reamonn
          Genre: Sparky of course
          Seasons: Only Season3
          Summary: Well I don't know if I got the text 100% right in english, but I think it's a kinda melancholic song and the video is too
          Hope you enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
            Love love love!!! I get an Indiana Jones-esque vibe from this chapter... and you can take that as a compliment, because those are some of my favorite movies ever!
            I'm glad you like it, I think I scared a bunch of people with this last chapter, but if people complain I'll just tell them that you were the one who wanted Liz in jeopardy

Probably going to be another update soonish. For my own sanity and easier linking to the entire AU I posted an index page both for Condor's Flight and City of Eagles with the temporary name ShadowGate

The John and Elizabeth relationship that seems to be developing in this fic is a little surprising to me. John seems to have picked up a little of Elizabeth's qualities from canon (he's a math professor drafted for WWII in Condor's Flight and an air force reservist in City of Eagles) and Elizabeth has taken on some of John's canon rooteless qualities. She is in love with him, but she's also turned him down for his marriage proposals four times.

Part of this is me trying to stick to a degree of historical realism while picturing how I think the characters would react in those situations. The drive to get married right after the war is pushing John, while a deep fear of living the life of a 1950s housewife is driving Elizabeth.

Comment

Hey, this is my first post, and I'm just poppin' in to say hi, and I'm an avid Shep/Weir shipper.

So...

Yeah.
              Make it spin!

Comment

Originally posted by Meg-Ann
                Hey, this is my first post, and I'm just poppin' in to say hi, and I'm an avid Shep/Weir shipper.

So...

Yeah.

WELCOME MEG-ANN, SPLENDID ONE TO SHWEIR MOREOVER!!!
                Last edited by lizzyana; 02 September 2006, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  I'm glad you like it, I think I scared a bunch of people with this last chapter, but if people complain I'll just tell them that you were the one who wanted Liz in jeopardy
                  ...I thought we blamed SallyLizzie for everything?
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Meg-Ann
                    Welcome! I'm always glad to welcome a fellow John/Elizabeth shipper!

Sig by RepliCartertje

Comment

hey just dropping in to say i made a video. (again) its sparky (of course) but its also sam/jack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILCAwU0KoeU
                      three's a crowd...
                      ahh thats better

aww cute.

I think people who don't watch Atlantis are crazy.
                      And I think people who don't watch Stargate SG-1 are equally as whacked.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                        ...I thought we blamed SallyLizzie for everything?
                        No, no, no, no! Everything may be SallyLizzie's fault but we ALWAYS blame La for it...whatever it may be

Not Alone has been updated with chapter 22.

Malachite has been updated with chapter 4.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                          No, no, no, no! Everything may be SallyLizzie's fault but we ALWAYS blame La for it...whatever it may be

Not Alone has been updated with chapter 22.

Malachite has been updated with chapter 4.
                          Ah, that's right, I forgotten the rules had changed!

Thanks for the fic updates! *runs off to read*
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Dropping out of lurkdom to say hello.

This is my first post on the forum, but I've been lurking forevah. I really like the chemistry between John and Elizabeth, and I really hope we see more progression in their relationship.

In response to the question that's been going around in this thread, I would have to say I would not stop watching since Elizabeth is my favorite character, and John is my second. I like them separately, but I love them together. I don't think I'd ship Elizabeth with any other character on the show, though, and my heart might be a little broken if another pair becomes canon.

Comment

Dorka that was a nice video! Does anyone what any links to some hot & juicy fanfics about Sparky?
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

I updated the now named ShadowGate AU, which Condor's Flight and City of Eagles takes place. I named it in dire fire that people would take up Mel's "Avian_Gate" joke.

Part III of City of Eagles was posted today, and earlier chapters of both fics can be found at the AU index page.

Comment

Working...
                                X